• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Thanks @SavageCore

B1 is a hard hitter. *Coughing* lol
I set the temp to 600 on the Auber and it's just kicked my ass(lungs).
I think 600 is a bit too hot though.
The load was toasted right the way through, but a little too dark for my liking.
It's only the first bowl, but I think I'm going to like this.

{Edit}
I ran my showerhead around 650-666.
I'm down to 570 so far on the Auber and may go a bit lower.
I feel like this B1 design wants you to really hit it hard once the vapour starts flowing.

Last edited:

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
The B1 has arrived :)
Unfortunately I'm stuck in work :(
I managed to get the showerhead apart yesterday, but I was worried the coil might get stuck again, so decided to wait for the B1.
I've been making do with using my old OG Mighty through glass the last few days, but I'll be glad to get back to larger, more free flowing hits.

I haven't even tried it yet, but I'm tempted to buy some 3mm rubies to see what difference it makes to the draw.

{Edit}
Am I correct in thinking a dnail coil will work on the Auber controller?
Thinking about buying.a spare:
Indeed!

Hope everyone is doing well around here! I know its been a minute but I am always happy to check in over here. Shoot if you have any questions!

Chris

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
What is the function of the tubes, feedstock shields, stock feeders, voodoo mojo?
It's a fine looking shop!
Its definitely feeds the voodoo mojo quite well but it will also feed stock into the lathes. All the round parts begin here. Heads, stands, posts etc

emily

Does anyone here have a little stand to put your shovel-head bowl in while you load it? A little square of wood or something? Having it on the piece makes a mess on the piece I find. And standing it up on the table means it falls over a bunch of the time

Last edited:

snackmaster

Does anyone here have a little stand to put your shovel-head bowl in while you load it? A little square of wood or something? Having it on the piece makes a mess on the piece I find.
I found another washer from EXTSW that holds the shovelhead pretty well and fits the carb cap spot on the PID stand: EXTSW 3/4" / .755” ID x 1 1/4” x 7/8" long 316 Stainless Shaft Spacer. Works with male posts, not sure about female.
View attachment 15031
And I've since gotten a couple that are 1" long: https://www.extsw.com/collections/1...-1-4-x-1-inch-long-316-stainless-shaft-spacer

snackmaster,
Reactions: Ramahs

Planck

believes in Dog
Does anyone here have a little stand to put your shovel-head bowl in while you load it? A little square of wood or something? Having it on the piece makes a mess on the piece I find. And standing it up on the table means it falls over a bunch of the time
Indeed someone does. :brow:
I've been using one of these in black, I had it, works fine and holds a pokie thing and AAA penlight.
VO3batt-2_1800x1800.jpg

Last edited:
Planck,

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Agreed. I watched the video on the CH site, the bottom is drilled holes in solid metal, reminds me of my “retired” inner WeedEater. Pushed down on the load, like a cloths iron. I’ll stick to the open design of the B1 I switched to, the 3mm ruby balls add the resistance the WeedEater lacked.
I was listening in a live stream and Chris said it had to run hot to work well. I think he said 700+ 🥵
@emily I have one of these and love it as ShovelHead stand.

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I think I've settled on 560 :)
Around 100 degrees lower than where I used to run the showerhead.

Just out of curiosity, how many balls have people managed to cram into their B1?
I have 11 left in the bag so I guess there's 69 of the 4mm ones in mine. There's still a slight rattle, but I don't think I can get any more in there without bowing the screens.

Last edited:

geep99

I don't know how many balls i have in there but i did overfill mine. the screens bulge a bit and no rattling at all. i use 3mm ball but i don't think that will makes a difference. I tested the screens before I overfilled the b-2, i just pushed on the screen and thought it was strong enough to deform a bit. for reference i tried 3mm rubies, 4mm rubies, 3mm sic. I like the 3mm rubies the best. 3mm has higher heat transfer than 4mm.

checkyourlibido

I don't know how many balls i have in there but i did overfill mine. the screens bulge a bit and no rattling at all. i use 3mm ball but i don't think that will makes a difference. I tested the screens before I overfilled the b-2, i just pushed on the screen and thought it was strong enough to deform a bit. for reference i tried 3mm rubies, 4mm rubies, 3mm sic. I like the 3mm rubies the best. 3mm has higher heat transfer than 4mm.
Interesting. Several people have said the sic has the most potential. You saved me some money.

checkyourlibido,

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Received the new injector bottom to the B1 and replaced the standard for this one. I also ordered two Elev8R bowls from Vgoodiez at the same time. As usual it arrived day after I order (how does he do that). Just finished setting it up and trying it. I like the injector better than the standard B1. I prefer the glass bowl a lot over the showerhead bowl!!

Nice improvement. Way to go DIY community!! Love this upgrade.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
@Summer
Can't comment on injector but I no longer even have the shovelhead bowl. Just 3 pp glass bowls with my b1.
Taste imo much superior. I don't even use a screen as I feel I can taste it.
Rig gets a bit dirtier but worth it imo.

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I spread the coil a little more today and added a couple more 4mm balls. I think I'm up to 72 now and it still rattles.
When I put it back together the previous setting of 560 seemed too hot though, so I'm dropping the temps on the Auber again. So far I'm down to 550 and probably going to turn it down a bit more.
{Edit} 540 is a bit better

Last edited:

Alligator427

Hi,

I am using the vrod at low temperature (530°F) with a preheating of the empty bowl during 2min. That is the best way i found to have big cloud at the first draw with good taste without cough.
I think to change the vrod by the B1 or B2. Is it worth ? Wich size of ball ?
I don't dabe and I don't want to have a more restrictiv air flow (with vrod it is ok for my tsunami twist bubler).

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I never got on with my vrod.
I disliked all the messing about to try to get an even roast of my herbs and sold it on here.
I preferred my older showerhead for ease of use.
The B1 I recently purchased seems slightly better then the showerhead.
It has a slightly more open draw and appears to transfer the heat quicker

Last edited:

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
Having trouble with my new b1 and my legacy newvape pid and coil. I tuned it to 600 F and for a few bowls its absolutely perfect, but then after a bit of time it does not hit well. I shut down and cool down then the same, first few bowls amazing then noticeably less vapor after a little bit. I did have to bend my coil slightly to fit the b1 head.

is there anything here I should do? https://www.cannabishardware.com/pages/flowerpot-faq-page

I have tuned a couple times now, just not sure if there is a full reset of the pid, thanks in advance. I also have my eye on the auber, I may just upgrade

graydeh1,

David Root

I have the Auber. No problems. There is a calibration yours may need. Bending the coil will not hurt it.
Check settings and maybe do autotune. Down the page you linked under PID

It should bounce back with out noticing. Back to back is no problem. I can see a few degree drop after a draw, but its climbing back up for the next one....
David

David Root,

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Hi @graydeh1
How long are you leaving it between bowls?
I can't hit it one after the other, but I have tried say 5-10 mins between (while my lungs recover lol) and had no issues.
Did you spread the coil so it fits more snugly in the B1 head?
How many balls have you managed to cram in?

Pyr0,
Reactions: graydeh1

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
Hi @graydeh1
How long are you leaving it between bowls?
I can't hit it one after the other, but I have tried say 5-10 mins between (while my lungs recover lol) and had no issues.
Did you spread the coil so it fits more snugly in the B1 head?
How many balls have you managed to cram in?
Hi, Its filled all the way with balls. I do a few bowls at 600 f a few mins apart and its perfect, then I go back an hour later and something isn't right, not nearly the same. So I went up to 640 and still not vaping the same as my first few bowls upon startup. It may have to do with the coil fitting, what do you suggest? I had to bend mine slightly to fit it snug. My wraps are all touching each other, should I spread em apart?

graydeh1,
Top Bottom