Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
I'm using the VROD that I just got around Christmas the premium set, so all the parts as in the set. The only difference is I bought a MaxVapor PID, and I run it consistently at 550 F for flower or flower and dabs. I get great flavor from both, I kill a pretty fat bowl in two hits and it rips. I'll give 650 a shot tonight, but I really don't see any need to raise the temp. I'm not sure if the MaxVapor measures the temperature more accurately than the other PIDs, but I would definitely try 550 and compare it to 650. I'm getting totally baked bowls and very strong dab hits. I'll report back as to what 650 does later tonight. I do always do a slow and long draw, with both the GRAV Upline and the standard rig.

@zor settings sound interesting, maybe I'll give that a run tonight!

bkkbob,

dadan

-cranberry extract added to the distilled water in the rig

- I am looking for a drop down glass adapter (or ashcatcher) like the one in your videos, can you tell me where you have bought it?
- can you say something more on this cranberries extract you are using?

dadan,

zor

I haven't been too active on FC lately but I think I saw a recent post that also mentioned air flow rate as a variable when taking a hit, so I should add that I've been exclusively using a JET bong, as it seems to have greater resistance than the much smaller waterpieces I have used in the past.

I'm loving the convenience of the dial over the little buttons on the OG PID, but I'm also getting an error or something as "-H-" where the current temp should be. Haven't figured out what causes nor what clears this yet.

- can you say something more on this cranberries extract you are using?

FWIW, cranberry and lemon extract (or juice in the case of lemons) can purportedly help keep your glassware cleaner while in use. Should help prevent the buildup of resin and other crap, and you shouldn't need to add so much that it flavors your vapor. I've only heard anecdotes about this but might be worth a shot if you hate cleaning. There are too many other parts/joints/connections which are exposed to vapor and get gunked up, from the bowl to the water of any of my pieces, to avoid regular cleaning, so it might be more aesthetic for my use than functional....but by all means give it a shot!

zor,

goatgobaahh

just got my Vrod. Very happy with it for nighttime use. I normally run it between 620-650F, capped with more water in the bong. Ever since owning an herbalizer, my draw intensity has been very high. I feel that adding more water than normal increases resistance. But like I said, for nighttime use I am happy. Is there a temp setting on the PID that would work better for daytime use? On my herbalizer, I would always keep the herb temp below 390 for daytime use.
I'm coming from a Herbalizer too and always noticed clouds go down when the temp goes down. However, Flavor tends to go up. Try starting at 100F less than your night time and move in increments of 10-15F in either direction to adjust. It's worked well for me. Etc My bedtime temp is 630F daytime I go around 550F-575F. Give it a whirl!
I recently got a new PID, the Auber RDK-300B, and was fiddling around with it / reading the manual when I discovered it had a way to keep some preset temps w/boost mode.
How are you enjoying the boot feature? I personally don't use it at all it's nice to know I have it though.
Still trying to figure out my temps/draw. I'm almost 99% flower, but got some live resin to test out the twaxing and just concentrates on it. I think I'm way way too high though. I was working the temp up, but now I wanna try working it down and see how it works out for me. Have no idea what temp to run this live resin at though that it doesn't just burn up, but also vaporizes.
Personally, with twax I found it difficult this is why I chose a got a Vrod. However when I had the weedeater I would go at 610-640F with a few specs of wax in the herb. Then stir after every two hits. This temp I found to both melt the wax and the herb at a reasonable rate.

delta hotel

I'm coming from a Herbalizer too and always noticed clouds go down when the temp goes down. However, Flavor tends to go up. Try starting at 100F less than your night time and move in increments of 10-15F in either direction to adjust. It's worked well for me. Etc My bedtime temp is 630F daytime I go around 550F-575F. Give it a whirl!

How are you enjoying the boot feature? I personally don't use it at all it's nice to know I have it though.

Personally, with twax I found it difficult this is why I chose a got a Vrod. However when I had the weedeater I would go at 610-640F with a few specs of wax in the herb. Then stir after every two hits. This temp I found to both melt the wax and the herb at a reasonable rate.
I'm using a vrod, care to share your twax temps? I'm learning it's more preference and aiming to start turning it down. I was around 650-670 for high end, and 620-630 for my low end, but I may be able to treat 630 like my high end if I slow the draw a little.

I don't often have concentrates, but this is the first time I've had live resin sugar, and it was my understanding it was a very potent taste. While I'm getting vapor, I'm not tasting much of anything from it, which is disappointing. I had to stop and confirm I could taste other things to make sure I wasn't ill.

Maybe I'm using it wrong, as I said I'm not entirely familiar with concentrates, but I've had oil before that I was able to use a torch and a banger to get a good taste from.

delta hotel,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
These is the kind I like.
Unluckily this store don’t carry 18male to 18female dropdown at the moment.
But there are several others that do.
There’s so many options that most of them are the WRONG ONES imho & e 😂😂🤣🤣
Remember many of these online stores sell these small items by bulk, sometimes 10 minimum orders.
That’s why I always recommend taking your clean rig and clean NV FP bowls to your local hookah/cheap import/kratom/tobacco e-juice/silicon bongs heady shop chain, mostly owned by non vaping, non cannabis related, characters in the paraphernalia world.
When you’re there, you could measure for tolerance and wobbling of joints and angles. Most of the times, the “male part” joint, connecting the dropdown to the rig, is the one causing the problems.

Open my favorite app! Don't wait to get more surprises: https://m.dhgate.com/product/4-in-1...-mothership/383343376.html?invitorid=3yM7fy5e

You’ll need to ask same store that sells those drop downs, to sell you these ones, if you own an 18female jointed rig...
Unluckily these little items are sold by bulk, minimum quantities, unless as I noted before, you contact same seller that you’re buying more items from, and arrange a “special order”.
Remember there are lots of cultural and language barriers.

This link is the cheapest I found for these adapters, it’s better 10(18m-14f) x $1.4= $14
than 3(18-14) x $3.33= $9.99
Open my favorite app! Don't wait to get more surprises: https://m.dhgate.com/product/top-qu...ipe-adapter/492226273.html?invitorid=3yM7fy5e

This is a photo of my most used adapters and drop downs. It’s been a time I don’t buy new ones.
Since I’ve broken some of my favorites, I’d need to go on a local head shop tour again, and pick some 14male to 18female dropdowns, my favorites 🤩😎
C851E9CD-8D6F-4D30-BEFA-7C8A6BFD52D5.jpeg
With a Milaana long stem, and an extended 14m to 18f, and a keck clip...
4E721113-EF95-4FA9-8F08-9C2C33E62D15.jpeg
I adapted this OG FC Bubbler to work again...
7EBDD194-05C1-4066-A9A8-B60D056E5C30.jpeg
This 18m to 14f is at the moment the most used dropdown of the 3 left I have.
It’s the best fitting and versatile of the 3, over the universal 14/18m to 14/18m, and the universal 14/18f to 14/18f dropdowns, those 14/18 universal dropdowns are the worst in QC, totally wobblers and foul shaped at joints and welds.
This one only fits OFG FC Bubbler.
Möbius Matrix wouldn’t accept this dropdown.
73A589A3-9D1B-4207-B521-0652E639CF79.jpeg
Here’s a heavy used photo of the U14/18m to U14/18m dropdown. It only works directly on the OG FC Bubbler.
OG Möbius Matrix wouldn’t accept this dropdown due to the short clearance in the rig side joint.
4E71DAAC-F0A5-4A1D-ACB0-5D1558992B43.jpeg
Here’s a video showing which dropdown fits which rig and so...

here’s a video showing how a local head shop 18m-14m works as a cheap DynaCrap rig adaptor or could work as a momentary mouthpiece or stem too...

here’s a video of a DynaCrap hit with that adapter.
I don’t post at that thread, because I don’t support DynaCraps.
Never use them, I’d only recommend them as a “tryout starter for vaping beginners”, if they don’t like it, they can gift it, resell it, or use it as an “old school one hit bat of combustion”.
At a closer look, you can see that white thick full conduction style vapor, that tends to dirt the rigs and water faster.
The diluted cranberry extract solution will help keeping, even conduction vaping used rigs too!!!

@dadan
this is the cheapest biggest bottle of “pure unsweetened cranberry extract bottle” I found at Amazon. Perhaps you can find better or cheaper.
Distilled water gallons go as cheap as $1 dollar at your Walmart/Costco or very big corporate megamarket.
DISTILLED WATER ISN’T THE SAME AS POTABLE DRINKABLE PURIFIED OR BOTTLED WATER.
You can totally drink distilled water, but it’s NOT recommended long term.
Save it for your bong water.
Distilled water I believe it’s just the most “ethereal” 😂🤣 water for bong vaping water.
Get a secondary dropper if available, or premix some 5mL(small child Tylenol syringe) with around 15-20mL of distilled water.
Then drop at least 5 mL of that diluted mix of distilled water/cranberry extract into the distilled water already filling your rig.
Water in your rig will look like a light pinkish or dirty diluted tea, depends on the quality and cranberry extract age.
I bought my cranberry extract by bulk like a good 5 years ago.
They are supposedly “expired” a good few years ago.
I’ve drink the diluted solution, and it’s definitely something that even fresh you’ll NOT want to drink.
Unsweetened diluted cranberry extract isn’t an aged Merlot 😂🤣
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!
Swisse Ultiboost Super Potent Cranberry Concentrate Liquid Supplement | Urinary Tract Health Support, Antioxidant Rich | Naturally Sweetened with No Added Sugar | 300 Ml, 10.1 Fl. Oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RZY36SF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_v3heGbR4N6JM8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

Kins

Completely new to the Flowerpot. My Vrod bundle was suppose to ship yesterday but still hasn't been picked up according to tracking. I want to see a video of how to use this with dabs. Videos I've seen already show this but they show it with flower and dabs at the same time. How about a video showing how to dab with it without the flower or bowl attached?

Zangano Cruel

Completely new to the Flowerpot. My Vrod bundle was suppose to ship yesterday but still hasn't been picked up according to tracking. I want to see a video of how to use this with dabs. Videos I've seen already show this but they show it with flower and dabs at the same time. How about a video showing how to dab with it without the flower or bowl attached?
Look again please!!!
There’s NO PHYSICAL WAY you can “properly dab” from VROD setup, unless you mate your VROD head to a matching bowl.
Bowl doesn’t need to be NV proprietary imho & e to do a “dab”, but unless you’re experienced, I’d suggest you do it the “normal way”.
If you want to dab “bowless” in a NV FP head, you’ll need to go the D-Cup, T-Bucket or Tsunami 🌊 way.
I believe I’ve posted some dabbing before.
What about this???
Is this double “twaxing” enough???
Would you have noticed I was “twaxing” if I didn’t told you???

Kins

Look again please!!!
There’s NO PHYSICAL WAY you can “properly dab” from VROD setup, unless you mate your VROD head to a matching bowl.
Bowl doesn’t need to be NV proprietary imho & e to do a “dab”, but unless you’re experienced, I’d suggest you do it the “normal way”.
If you want to dab “bowless” in a NV FP head, you’ll need to go the D-Cup, T-Bucket or Tsunami 🌊 way.
I believe I’ve posted some dabbing before.
What about this???
Is this double “twaxing” enough???
Would you have noticed I was “twaxing” if I didn’t told you???

Told you I was new to it. I don't even have it yet. Now I think I might also get a Tsunami Vaporizer Premium Kit also. Sometime soon. Then I'll have the vrod bundle exclusively for flower. I've been interested in Newvape since I started vaping but only had enough money to afford one until recently. I like to switch between exclusively using flower to dabbing and switch every week or so. The reason for this is that it seems to help with tolerance. When I switch back to flower my tolerance ends up lower and vice versa. Dabbing and using flower at the same time or same sesh would completely screw my tolerance.

goatgobaahh

4K 60FPS Newvape Flowerpot Vrod Sidecar Showerhead

"Told you I was new to it. I don't even have it yet. Now I think I might also get a Tsunami Vaporizer Premium Kit also. Sometime soon. Then I'll have the vrod bundle exclusively for flower. I've been interested in Newvape since I started vaping but only had enough money to afford one until recently. I like to switch between exclusively using flower to dabbing and switch every week or so. The reason for this is that it seems to help with tolerance. When I switch back to flower my tolerance ends up lower and vice versa. Dabbing and using flower at the same time or same sesh would completely screw my tolerance."

@Kins I personally dab small amounts with an empty bowl I do this at a much higher temp like 710-900F works for me no issues for me and it's been a super enjoyable experience. Lower temp dabs at 550F lead to more hits usually in the 10-12 depending on the size of the dab. This does mean your bowls might get a bit sticky but iso+salt+tupperwear with a lockable lid should take care of that.

@Zangano Cruel I shall retire making videos in honor of that EPIC EPIC hit. :bowdown: Dear god good sir! Hath you no Mercy!!! :science: great stuff!

Last edited:

Zangano Cruel

4K 60FPS Newvape Flowerpot Vrod Sidecar Showerhead

@Kins I personally dab small amounts with an empty bowl I do this at a much higher temp like 710-900F works for me no issues for me and it's been a super enjoyable experience. Lower temp dabs at 550F lead to more hits usually in the 10-12 depending on the size of the dab. This does mean your bowls might get a bit sticky but iso+salt+tupperwear with a lockable lid should take care of that.

@Zangano Cruel I shall retire making videos in honor of that EPIC EPIC hit. :bowdown: Dear god good sir! Hath you no Mercy!!! :science: great stuff!
Nice video!!!
And nice rig too!!!
Have you tried less water in your rig??
I have a similar ShowerHead perc, and as a rule of thumb, I try to add on top of the flat perc water level, another perc height of water.
Makes sense???
It’ll be like 1-1.5cm (15mm) more of water height, above the ShowerHead level flat part.
With less water to break off the draw pressure, more of the ShowerHead perc slits will fire up, and distribute/cool/filter vapor more efficiently imho & e.
Ymmv.
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Still trying to figure out my temps/draw. I'm almost 99% flower, but got some live resin to test out the twaxing and just concentrates on it. I think I'm way way too high though. I was working the temp up, but now I wanna try working it down and see how it works out for me. Have no idea what temp to run this live resin at though that it doesn't just burn up, but also vaporizes.

5270799.jpg

delicatebunting

Still haven't twaxed yet, only using flower.

I much prefer starting and finishing low: start 530, stir after a couple pulls, end at 580. This will always give me a decently browned flower and light fog looking vapor.

If I start high at 620, stir, finish at 660, it's always a much harsher experience. The flower is a dark-brown/brown mix and the vapor is "milky."

The NewVape rep recommended 650 as a starting temperature:

Get started below with our simple quick-guide:

320°F(160°C) – 356°F(180°C): Very light mostly mental medication and best for flavor (great if you still havee a lot to do that day);
356°F(180°C) – 392°F(200°C): Great flavor with good medication level, bodily effects will be more apparent;
392°F(200°C) – 446°F(230°C): Best if you don’t have anything else to do that day, very strong level of medication, heavy bodily effects."

Clearly, it is very difficult to determine air temperature with the flowerpot, because this mostly happens in closed quarters. However, we have found that 650F will get us to a near perfect milky hit on it.

So with this in mind, we have to understand that 650F set on our PID will deliver approximately 375F-400F to the bowl.

Am I not vaping it hot enough?

Ramahs

Still haven't twaxed yet, only using flower.

I much prefer starting and finishing low: start 530, stir after a couple pulls, end at 580. This will always give me a decently browned flower and light fog looking vapor.

If I start high at 620, stir, finish at 660, it's always a much harsher experience. The flower is a dark-brown/brown mix and the vapor is "milky."

The NewVape rep recommended 650 as a starting temperature:

Am I not vaping it hot enough?

If you are happy with the results, then it's hot enough. If you are not happy with the results, try different temps till you find what you like :smug:

dadan

What beautiful detailed and articulate answers, dear @zangano and @zor ! exactly the way I like it :)
really very useful, thanks!

I also have a little experience with DHgate and its sellers, unfortunately sometimes you cannot find what you are looking for in that sea of published items. In the past few weeks I bought some glass adapters but I need a kind that lowers the shovel level where I can rest the head of the FP. I was afraid that the weight of shovel + head could be complicated to manage for this type of adapter then I saw your videos with 2 shovels and 2 Heads left to weigh on the same downsteam adapter and I thought that your adapter was exactly what I was looking for: )
I then visited the shop of the seller you reported to me (the 18 mm female - 18 mm male is available) and I put it in the cart along with some other items from the same seller but before buying I wrote him a message, as recommended , asking to merge the shipping costs and to vary some details.

That awesome bubbler you use, @zangano, with the whirlpool is mesmerizing, did you get that on DHGate too?

I have a couple of bubblers that I rotate every few days putting the other to wash. I don't mind washing bubblers and various fittings, on the contrary I find it 'zen' and I love the scent of a fresh and clean bubbler when I sit down for the first medication session of the day, as well as that of clean shovels and screens. It allows me to better distinguish between aromas and terpenes of the different strains.

I have always used only water that comes from an expensive purifier that I have under the sink, the same water I drink and i give to my plants: it has no limestone and no pollutants, even if distilled water is probably better, I have no reason, at the moment, to change this habit. I usually try to keep the glass clean using ashcatchers and double screens (when I'm not using ashcatchers) but I am curious about the idea of pure cranberries extract. Unfortunately on amazon italy I have to study an alternative to the one you mention but honestly at the moment it is not a priority. I am a fan of essential oils and I use lemon at the time of washing, it is probably possible to combine aromatherapy with the vaporization of our medicine, adding a drop (or less) in the water of the bubbler. Essential oils, if they are of high quality, have no contraindications (if not ingested) but they should probably be diluted more before using them in the bubbler water. Having liquid terpenes available too, yesterday I put a thousandth amount in the water and it was pleasant, but after a couple of puffs aroma was already indistinguishable.

These is the kind I like.
Unluckily this store don’t carry 18male to 18female dropdown at the moment.
Open my favorite app! Don't wait to get more surprises: https://m.dhgate.com/product/4-in-1...-mothership/383343376.html?invitorid=3yM7fy5e

View attachment 5590
FWIW, cranberry and lemon extract (or juice in the case of lemons) can purportedly help keep your glassware cleaner while in use. Should help prevent the buildup of resin and other crap, and you shouldn't need to add so much that it flavors your vapor. I've only heard anecdotes about this but might be worth a shot if you hate cleaning. There are too many other parts/joints/connections which are exposed to vapor and get gunked up, from the bowl to the water of any of my pieces, to avoid regular cleaning, so it might be more aesthetic for my use than functional....but by all means give it a shot!

ManFlies352

-soaked in regular dish soap water overnight
-then well shaked, ISO/salt solution inside (recycle)
- rinsed again with regular hot tap water
- rinsed with some distilled water
-cranberry extract added to the distilled water in the rig
-test Möbius Clear Matrix

-re test for science 🧪 with cashing leftovers of a bowl with a double inverted heads
Where did you get the drop down? I just got a mobius knock off via Dhgate but it definitely needs the drop down to get the bowl farther from your face.

ManFlies352,
Reactions: Ramahs

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Just checking in to say that I just tried sandwiching some Strawberry Haze distillate in between some Strawberry Haze flower in the Vrod and WOW. I feel like I'm all gassed up with nowhere to go. My first time vaping disty out of anything but a cart and I was surprised at how well it works in the Vrod.

Almost one year of daily use and I'm still in love.

Kins

I'll just be using my flowerpot for flower only. I can use my other enail for concentrates till I can afford the tsunami bundle.

Kins,

snackmaster

Welp, after a little back and forth with Chris on reddit this morning I ended up ordering a weedeater setup.

Anyone tried a grav octobowl with the fp? The "octo" is because there's built-in 8-arm glass screen. Looks like it might work?
x.png

It's a lot of words and not a lot of information. I'd trim it to this:
@newvape918 this is a good edit IMHO. Agreed about lowering starting temp a little.
Still trying to figure out my temps/draw. I'm almost 99% flower, but got some live resin to test out the twaxing and just concentrates on it.
Twaxing is hard to get right, at least for me so far, balancing the temps. I do 630 uncapped for flower and 666 capped for concentrate, 18mm SH bowl. I think temps for trates are much less affected by draw speed, it's all about dish temp and amount. You can definitely go lower, I found 666 a good compromise of complete vaporization in 2-3 hits, when I go lower I get more leftover in the dish and it puffs for 10-15 hits but you do get a bit more flavor. Either way it's too much heat for the flower when twaxing, using little nugs instead of grind helps but I just find I prefer to do them separately. I am also a trate noob so take all my advice with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Where did you get the drop down? I just got a mobius knock off via Dhgate but it definitely needs the drop down to get the bowl farther from your face.

I dunno. I have a Mobius sidecar knockoff from DHGate, and I don't use it with a dropdown. The heat isn't even close enough to my face to feel it.

As you can see from this pic, the bowl isn't very close to one's face at all:

IMG-0263.jpg

I have a couple of dropdowns I could use with this, but I've never felt the need.

Zangano Cruel

From DHGATE as well. Sometimes you need to email the same sellers you bought something from, and ask for their own stocks and suppliers. They have everything. Anything!!!!

Or do a little local heady shop tour, and bring with you rig and clean bowls for fitting and tolerances, they always have a variety of adapters and dropdowns.

Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!

Post in thread 'NewVape FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer'
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/newvape-flowerpot-twax-vaporizer.23162/post-1540383

Last edited:
Zangano Cruel,

SeymourButtz

Experimenting with my flowerpot I’ve noticed that the water level and piece i’m using has a huge impact on the vapor production. Rigs with a constant chug seem to work the best. I don’t know if it’s because of the increased draw resistance creating a lower pressure environment in the bowl or what, but it varies a lot between rigs. My current favorite is the Grav Upline bubbler. I put the water just at the bottom of the top ring and it milks like crazy, there’s no blowback from the water when you stop hitting it either. I have a mobius matrix ripoff that gets recommended a lot too and it’s pretty mediocre. I can only really get clouds with it If I overfill it, but then the herb gets blown out of the bowl when i stop hitting it.

SeymourButtz,
Reactions: dadan

Ramahs

I can get clouds with my Mobius Matrix ripoff when I want to. However, lately I've been using a simple medium (12") GRAV old-school beaker bong. It's simple, it chugs, and I've been enjoying it almost daily for a few months with my flowerpot.

media_7a9488ba-ca89-427e-bac8-144c11b8213c_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Kins

I can get clouds with my Mobius Matrix ripoff when I want to. However, lately I've been using a simple medium (12") GRAV old-school beaker bong. It's simple, it chugs, and I've been enjoying it almost daily for a few months with my flowerpot.

media_7a9488ba-ca89-427e-bac8-144c11b8213c_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Cool. I didn't know if it would work with a 45 degree joint like that.

Top Bottom