Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Hello FP Friends. I just updated a blog post with the FlowerPot glass bowl info. I currently have TAG making a batch of 14mm bowls per the drawing. There likely still 60 days out and I'm not completely confidant on the quality of the outcome. If you know of any Glass Blowers please feel free to forward this to them. I'd love to hear your suggestions on any design criteria that I may have missed. https://www.newvape.com/blogs/newvape-blog/flowerpot-talk-lets-talk-glass-bowls

cvs8floz

Hello FP Friends. I just updated a blog post with the FlowerPot glass bowl info. I currently have TAG making a batch of 14mm bowls per the drawing. There likely still 60 days out and I'm not completely confidant on the quality of the outcome. If you know of any Glass Blowers please feel free to forward this to them. I'd love to hear your suggestions on any design criteria that I may have missed. https://www.newvape.com/blogs/newvape-blog/flowerpot-talk-lets-talk-glass-bowls
I am curious why New Vape moved away from the original glass bowel (marked as Rev-1 on the online picture), modified versions of this bowl are still available from China and I recently ordered a bunch to make sure I never run out. Some of them have a "depth of screeen" greater than 0.5" allowing you to load up to 4 scoops - the ones New Vape sold 1-2 years ago were shorter and only hold 2 scoops. I also don't understand the notion of adding a metal screen to a glass bowl: the reason I want a glass bowl is precisely so there is no metal in the vapor path, I use a splitter and a drop down and max water in my bong so I am not worried about little bits getting through. Yes, the glass stains after a while but you can keep it respectable.

someTooL

Im a happy owner of both 14 & 18mm of the rev 2 glass. And I guess lucky lol. I think my first impression of these were that they looked more like a chalice. Hate that the supplier dried up.

Personally I prefer the ring design of rev2. Nice grab spot and no worries of breaking off that handle. Same design as Ed’s glass wpa’s.

someTooL,

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
no metal in the vapor path
Interesting. I’ve always just assumed that metal in the air path is metal in the vapor path. Is vapor effected differently when it passes through metal or not through metal but metal is still in the air path? Hope that makes sense.

The Stray Fox,
Reactions: androponic

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
@cvs8floz high failure rate and low quality with rev 1 supplier pushed us to seek another source. We can always go back. I'd prefer to try and find a supplier that we can communicate tolerances with or perhaps supply inspection gages to. @The Stray Fox you have a valid point metal is metal. My opinion is the finer the grind the happier the patient. I've not had much success without the use of the double weave ti screens. I'd love to hear your opinions on not using metal screens. Is there anything about the design of the glass bowl that can be improved on to better accommodate both objectives (ideal vapor & no metal). Do you feel the extra fine grind is not necessary? I appreciate the dialogue.

cvs8floz

Interesting. I’ve always just assumed that metal in the air path is metal in the vapor path. Is vapor effected differently when it passes through metal or not through metal but metal is still in the air path? Hope that makes sense.
The heat is obviously generated by a metal coil-there is no way of getting around this. The vapor only forms when the hot air passes through the material, I am really only concerned what happens from that point on, once the air mixes with the extracted cannabinoids and terpenes. I don't want any metal in the path after that, alters the taste IMO. The eNano, ELEV8 and FP with glass only bowls offer such experience, I kind of settled on the FP because the eNano was irritating my throat and I never took a like to heating the ELEV8 with a torch.

cvs8floz

high failure rate and low quality with rev 1 supplier pushed us to seek another source. We can always go back. I'd prefer to try and find a supplier that we can communicate tolerances with or perhaps supply inspection gages to
If I were in your shoes, I would go back and pick up what they have left in China- better to offer something instead of nothing to the glass aficionados out there. I have never had any major quality issues with the rev 1 bowl except that they get dirty. Never had a broken screen or handle. The batch I just received looks high quality, as good or better than anything I used before. And as I said before, I prefer the taller bowls that hold more material and deliver richer hits, not a microdoser here.

cvs8floz,
Reactions: Mangu

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
The heat is obviously generated by a metal coil-there is no way of getting around this. The vapor only forms when the hot air passes through the material, I am really only concerned what happens from that point on, once the air mixes with the extracted cannabinoids and terpenes. I don't want any metal in the path after that, alters the taste IMO. The eNano, ELEV8 and FP with glass only bowls offer such experience, I kind of settled on the FP because the eNano was irritating my throat and I never took a like to heating the ELEV8 with a torch.
I agree with striving to remove metal beyond the heater point. Is this the eNano glass bowl / screen that you are referencing? Are you using finely ground with this bowl?
honeycomb-2.jpg

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed,

cvs8floz

I agree with striving to remove metal beyond the heater point. Is this the eNano glass bowl / screen that you are referencing? Are you using finely ground with this bowl?
honeycomb-2.jpg
I can't tell if it's exactly the same from the angle you are showing, but I am using the Epic Vape fixed glass screen bowl from 1-2 years ago. I normally use the BCG with a fine plate and load enough to cash the load in one pull.

cvs8floz,

Gigsabits53

@cvs8floz high failure rate and low quality with rev 1 supplier pushed us to seek another source. We can always go back. I'd prefer to try and find a supplier that we can communicate tolerances with or perhaps supply inspection gages to. @The Stray Fox you have a valid point metal is metal. My opinion is the finer the grind the happier the patient. I've not had much success without the use of the double weave ti screens. I'd love to hear your opinions on not using metal screens. Is there anything about the design of the glass bowl that can be improved on to better accommodate both objectives (ideal vapor & no metal). Do you feel the extra fine grind is not necessary? I appreciate the dialogue.
I use one regular screen in my glass bowls now. I like a fine grind with my FP so the metal screen is a necessity. The NV fine grinder is the only grinder I use for my FP. It's been going strong for over a year and I haven't even needed to clean it yet.

When I first got the FP I messed around with several different things for the glass bowl. The first thing I wanted to do was use it without a metal screen. I would grind some up in my Gr8tr, coarse grind, so it would not get sucked through the holes. That worked ok but I feel like the FP needs a fine grind for optimal performance.

To be honest, I can't tell any difference in taste with using a metal screen. I would like to not use them, it just seems cleaner. Anyway, it's not a major issue for me. I find that I'm using the glass bowl about 90% of the time. The experience is fantastic!

Absolutely love this vape!

Gigsabits53,
Reactions: kurt6652

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Cool. I didn't know if it would work with a 45 degree joint like that.

It works just fine. However, I usually prefer bent neck bongs because I don't like staring down at the table when I take a hit. So, I either rest it on the table or hold it in the air, with the stem/bowl sitting straight up, so it's actually the neck that's tilted at a comfortable 45 degree angle at my face.

Last edited:
Ramahs,

ncnc777

I think between 700 to 800 gets you those types of full blown rips. I do 725 on my Mininail but when i use my buddies newvape controller, i have it set to 815. Both uncapped.

I did try 750 but it sorta taste burnt and leaves my ABV almost black on top.
Mininail sent me a counterclockwise heater coil. Doesn't fit in my fp, old mininail coil did.
Mininail is 1A -89watts. But uses mini XLR connectors. I would just get their coils.

ncnc777,

Kins

I think between 700 to 800 gets you those types of full blown rips. I do 725 on my Mininail but when i use my buddies newvape controller, i have it set to 815. Both uncapped.

I did try 750 but it sorta taste burnt and leaves my ABV almost black on top.

Mini nail is different. With the Mini nail the temp on the mini nail controller is the temp of the dish. The reason people do higher temps on with the flowerpot or other PIDs is because the temp is the the temp of the coil. You have to do some math but there is a basic chart here in this thread a few posts back that helps. I freakin love my Mini nail and don't think I'll be switching to any other device for dabbing. Purchased the FlowerPot specifically for flower. Flower is in the name so you know it's gotta work well with flower. Just got my Vrod setup today but I've been too lazy to set it up.

Got it put together. However it seems when I put the head on the bowl it leans to one side. Now bowl is stuck in the rig I got with it. I'll have to wait now till it goes cold to remove it. @NewVape710 the cord for the coil is way to short. I'd like to be able to sit and pass this around. There should be extension cords for the coil. I have a mini nail for concentrates and they sell extensions of the coil that snap in to make it longer. I had to use/purchase one with my mini nail because otherwise it would be too short. Otherwise things are going well. Vapor is smoother than my volcano hybrid and I like that you don't have to have your herb constantly cooking, so you have to rush. This is nice and easy.

I gotta say though. I haven't been this high on flower since forever. I mean dang.

Last edited:
Kins,
Reactions: Mangu

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Mini nail is different. With the Mini nail the temp on the mini nail controller is the temp of the dish. The reason people do higher temps on with the flowerpot or other PIDs is because the temp is the the temp of the coil. You have to do some math but there is a basic chart here in this thread a few posts back that helps. I freakin love my Mini nail and don't think I'll be switching to any other device for dabbing. Purchased the FlowerPot specifically for flower. Flower is in the name so you know it's gotta work well with flower. Just got my Vrod setup today but I've been too lazy to set it up.

Got it put together. However it seems when I put the head on the bowl it leans to one side. Now bowl is stuck in the rig I got with it. I'll have to wait now till it goes cold to remove it. @NewVape710 the cord for the coil is way to short. I'd like to be able to sit and pass this around. There should be extension cords for the coil. I have a mini nail for concentrates and they sell extensions of the coil that snap in to make it longer. I had to use/purchase one with my mini nail because otherwise it would be too short. Otherwise things are going well. Vapor is smoother than my volcano hybrid and I like that you don't have to have your herb constantly cooking, so you have to rush. This is nice and easy.

I gotta say though. I haven't been this high on flower since forever. I mean dang.
I bought one extension coil cord from NewVape around 2019.
It wired to the NV Legacy PID style connection pin settings, and it only works with their proprietary connector pins.
I believe Mini Nail controllers have the same mini connectors as the Herborizer PID. They look pretty similar on the outside too.
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!

Zangano Cruel,

Kins

I bought one extension coil cord from NewVape around 2019.
It wired to the NV Legacy PID style connection pin settings, and it only works with their proprietary connector pins.
I believe Mini Nail controllers have the same mini connectors as the Herborizer PID. They look pretty similar on the outside too.
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!

I don't see any extension coils for the Auber or anything on the NewVape page. The coil cord for the flowerpot is just ridiculously short. I'm sure they could make one and sell it on their site. I think you might have thought I was asking for an extension for the Mini Nail. No, I was just bringing up the temperature difference. Mini Nail controllers show the temp of the surface area or the dish. Auber and NewVape controllers show the temp of the coil only so you have to do some math with that chart on here. Now I found that the display is wonky, doesn't always come on...

Last edited:
Kins,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
I don't see any extension coils for the Auber or anything on the NewVape page. The coil cord for the flowerpot is just ridiculously short. I'm sure they could make one and sell it on their site. I think you might have thought I was asking for an extension for the Mini Nail. No, I was just bringing up the temperature difference. Mini Nail controllers show the temp of the surface area or the dish. Auber and NewVape controllers show the temp of the coil only so you have to do some math with that chart on here. Now I found that the display is wonky, doesn't always come on...
I wasn’t talking about the MiniNail coil extension cord at MiniNail website.
The MiniNail, I believe it’s based on a “mini XLR” connection 5 pin system, right??
I just looked at the Herborizer DigiTi system I own, and it has a “mini connection system”, but I believe it isn’t mini XLR and it’s 4 pin Herborizer proprietary.

Herborizer system photos:
BFF63F24-62B9-48E6-9A5B-62BF8238D9A0.jpeg
4 back mini pins of the Herborizer PID.
AA067D4E-59D8-481E-8258-AEB354C467D3.jpeg
4 female receptors on the Herborizer head coil side.
437EADAE-D4F2-4F00-87CB-F92699883DFC.jpeg

NewVape Legacy coil extension cord.
As I said before, I bought it late 2018 or early 2019. I can’t remember when.
Most likely it’s out of stock.
It only works with NV Legacy PID style pin system and connection.
Yes, it’s NOT compatible with XLR based Auber PID connections nor MiniNail miniXLR PID based connections.
522ECBB9-F4C6-41D2-BF59-C13D50756145.jpeg
5 female connection slots on the female side of the coil extension cord.
6F1B06E0-DB0E-43D3-B340-0D7BA1869D33.jpeg
Back of NV Legacy PID.
68B9B325-70C2-432D-ABCD-C6238D3629F2.jpeg
5 pin connection male side of coil extension cord NV Legacy pin configuration style.
C318A1E3-FB3D-4D03-972B-1C0791A13D9B.jpeg

With that coil extension cord, it’ll add at least 6ft of extra room.
Here they are both connected to a coil and a NV Legacy PID.
0F419108-8DCD-4FB4-A37A-A25F94039C15.jpeg

NV Legacy PID coils are rated 110V - 100W/K.
31B69765-FC44-458E-879E-F49B7E63BA5F.jpeg

While MiniNail MiniXLR coils are rated 110V - 89W.
6B3539F9-08CB-448B-B8E6-0F0C73C90AEF.jpeg

I don’t really understand how can a Legacy or an Auber XLR coils rated at a 100W, need to run the PID on a higher temperature, than an 89W rated coil on the MiniNail PID.

I even thought that most of other coils came only with 4 barrel wraps, instead of NV coils that are made specifically with 5 barrel wraparounds.
It’ll even make more sense that they’ll need to run at a higher temperature to reach same heat soaking levels, since it’s 10W less powerful and 1 less wrap of metal contact, perhaps delivering even less heat.
Another reason for the disparity, could be that the wraparound coils aren’t making enough contact and NV FP heads rattle.
That will change parameters too.
PIDs are configured with different algorithms, as you can check at their different manuals.
They have so complicated settings and parameters that they are hard to understand or explain.
Auber display shows 2 numbers, you can set both to different parameters, and you’ll have SET temperature and COIL temperature.
While many others display just one number, while PID settings are set pretty similar.
In the end they all play the same game.
PID settings are like tuning an engine, that’s why it’s so important that coil makes a good contact with NV head.
I firmly believe that a good contact between the coil surface where the inside coil sensors are, with the inside/outside of the head diffusion heater part, is important for a good heat transfer and sensor reading.
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!

Last edited:

Kins

I have got to say I'm not to impressed with this vape. Weird display issue, flowerpot head leans to one side, no extensions available from NewVape. Other than the great vapor quality of the FP I don't really like it much.

Kins,

NightCall

Sorry to ask, as I'm sure it's been asked over and over again; what's the best use scenario for longevity of coils? I just got it yesterday, a little warry of leaving it on all day long like my log vape, so I just turned the FP on when I wanted to use it, and turned it off 10 minutes later. Think that will be worse than leaving it on all day?

Also I'm looking for a new glass piece, what do you think would compliment the FP better for better hits? 14mm or 18mm?

WelshBrok

Sorry to ask, as I'm sure it's been asked over and over again; what's the best use scenario for longevity of coils? I just got it yesterday, a little warry of leaving it on all day long like my log vape, so I just turned the FP on when I wanted to use it, and turned it off 10 minutes later. Think that will be worse than leaving it on all day?

Also I'm looking for a new glass piece, what do you think would compliment the FP better for better hits? 14mm or 18mm?
I think leaving it on is actually marginally better for the coil than heating up and cooling down but I’ve not had an issue with a coil for the 3 years I’ve had a flowerpot and that’s been a mix of leaving it on all day and the aubers auto-shutoff set at 1.5 hours
I have got to say I'm not to impressed with this vape. Weird display issue, flowerpot head leans to one side, no extensions available from NewVape. Other than the great vapor quality of the FP I don't really like it much.
As zancru says they did have an extension cable to its possible they could get one again or as this is a fairly standard connector for enails (not getting in to that discussion again) it’s possible someone else may already sell one.
The tolerance on the head to the bowl I think is to make sure the bowl heating up doesn’t expand and get stuck in the heater. I tend to just hold the handle level while hitting as I don’t trust my dhgate drop downs to support the super hot definitely going to scar you for life if you try catch it heater even though I’ve not had a single issue with one
:lol:

Last edited:

Kins

Well I guess I'm liking it more than I say because I'm vaked again!. I fixed the rattle pre-bake or vake. Better sesh this time temps seem more on point. Last time it seemed I had to turn it up higher than I wanted to get flavor.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

A little discussion on coil life:

Top Bottom