Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Lozo

I hope I haven't made a mistake buying the SH and not the new V Rod (MK2 version). Brain keeps thinking anything newer must be better but I'm sure I'll be happy with the SH, which is sitting in customs. Feel stupidly excited though. Happy days FC ers :)

Vaporware

I hope I haven't made a mistake buying the SH and not the new V Rod (MK2 version). Brain keeps thinking anything newer must be better but I'm sure I'll be happy with the SH, which is sitting in customs. Feel stupidly excited though. Happy days FC ers :)

If you really want to use it for dabbing and you don’t like dabbing off of titanium then you may want to look at the VRod again in the future, but if you only want it for flower I don’t think there’s any reason to worry about it.

Some people will prefer the SH or VR for flower, but they’re so similar I’m only considering a VRod for concentrate use, I don’t feel like I’m missing out with flower using the ShowerHead. It can already hit me harder than I want right now. :freak:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
they’re so similar I’m only considering a VRod for concentrate use, I don’t feel like I’m missing out with flower using the ShowerHead.

For purely flower use, the SH is still unsurpassed

EDIT: Dont get me wrong, I dont think I'll be going back to the SH, but then I dont really wanna go back to flower at this point either.

The VROD feels more like what now I want out of the SH, but what the SH sadly cant deliver - the SiC concentrates performance.

Still in two minds about whether to give the SH to someone else now, or keep it.

My temps are back at 575f. The lack of coughing, coupled with the huge clouds and the great flavour means that the temp is just not worth me going any further up with.

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@Grifo if you want to avoid all the hassle with resoldering just buy a coil at NV and the D-Nail style wired XLR adapter from @JCat

Adapter cable #1 ready ... for standard XLR-5 pin (d-nail, auber instruments, etc.) built with a 2.5" cable in between connectors.

qoHkSDs.jpg

biohacker

For purely flower use, the SH is still unsurpassed

Same boat as @Lozo, although i've owned the SH before for a month before I stressed my lungs too much. I think you're the third person here to reference the SH still being king for FLOWERS! @invertedisdead I think has been the only one stating that the Vrod is easily a smoother experience... Perhaps with the 100f lower temps, but wouldn't the air temp over the herb be the same as usual apples to apples?

I dont really wanna go back to flower at this point either.

:rofl::lmao: I've been seeing this trend more and more on this forum! Rosin is exploding! :tup:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Same boat as @Lozo, although i've owned the SH before for a month before I stressed my lungs too much. I think you're the third person here to reference the SH still being king for FLOWERS! @invertedisdead I think has been the only one stating that the Vrod is easily a smoother experience... Perhaps with the 100f lower temps, but wouldn't the air temp over the herb be the same as usual apples to apples?

Intriguing. TBF, I have only had a grand total of TWO bowls of flower with the VROD. Another thing to consider is that I was happily doing flower down around these temps anyway. However, those two bowls did seem to brown and finish a lot quicker than I was expecting. Its usually the flower component of a double decker that makes me cough so maybe inverted is on to something.

Perhaps I should be start going down in temp with just flower again.

The air temp may be the same, but I'm still left wondering, as I was with the SH, if that starting temp of the lump of metal plays a part in my own irritation. I'm still stunned that the SiC has eliminated ALL the irritation I was getting. No coughing. Its amazing.

Fuck it. Going down to 500f to see what happens with flower.

:rofl::lmao: I've been seeing this trend more and more on this forum! Rosin is exploding! :tup:

All by design over here :) I went SH for its amazing flower performance but I've been working towards getting a proper rosin press sorted since last year. I got fed up of using the hair straighteners and its so much less vapour for the same hit as a bowl or two of flower - a great solution for my shit lungs :)

Plus its another skill to get obsessive about :D

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
@biohacker

OK, yeah, 500f for flower is a go. Uncapped is a bit whispy but still nice. Capped is great tho, apart from the usual draw restriction. Colour change after the first few hits its like the first few hits on a Daisy. Very light colour change. Smell is heavenly, taste is great.

Yeah, I think that might well be an improvement over the SH's performance at these temps.

I think a three hole carb cap would do it. Same draw as I had before with 6 hole, same performance.

And if those holes were to fit the new diffuser plugs.....

EDIT: No ring at all at this temp.

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
I LIKE the Showerhead! :rofl:I like pizza too.:\ ;)
Mmmmm ... pizza ...

Edit:

@Grifo if you want to avoid all the hassle with resoldering just buy a coil at NV and the D-Nail style wired XLR adapter from @JCat
I would need to gather up 5-6 orders in order to do another batch (unless I find a source for cheaper connectors), otherwise cost is too high with shipping for parts for a 1-off.

ie. Cost for a 1-off.

NewVape - $15 USD + $10 USD shipping = $25 USD (no tracking or insurance though so could lose the $25)
Digikey - $6.50 + $8 + tax ~= $17 CAD ~= $13 USD.

Cost for a single is $38 best case ... any additional costs such as heat-shrink, packaging, customs and PayPal fees bring that up. So to be safe ... one could guess the cost @ $42 USD ... ie. for a single ~$57.50 USD would be the minimum price ... that's crazy expensive!

If there are another half dozen that want them, then I can do another batch @ $45 each + shipping (which is still too expensive)

Last edited:

MileHighHuman

Wondering if these plugs will be success or failure.

If they allow users to inhale fast with the FlowerPot rather than sipping softly then perfect.

But, will there be any uneven vaporization caused from the plugs?

MileHighHuman,
Reactions: steama

Justpassedu

Wondering if these plugs will be success or failure.

If they allow users to inhale fast with the FlowerPot rather than sipping softly then perfect.

But, will there be any uneven vaporization caused from the plugs?
I am going to try the plugs myself soon but do not really see myself needing or using them as I have yet to vape a bowl with VRod that was not evenly browned. Maybe it is my draw technique or possibly my glass but I always get even extraction. I gotta start pulling harder I guess, Maybe ? . I'll post up some results when I can but I see a few other members already have them on the way so hopefully some info comes shortly.

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
I bought the wraparound with sic and loved it, 3 weeks later vrod came out and I got in on the 50 percent off deal for people who had bought a sh 30 days or less prior to the vrod release.

And I had to buy the nv Controller and coil as I was using the highfive with my wraparound and did not want to wait for an adapter.

I am happy I did, money aside. Best vaping/using cannabis experience I have ever had with V-Rod in my almost 3 decade love fo di herbs!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Current thinking...

550f. Double deckers are perfect. A breeze.

If one can work with the VROD and how it works, instead of trying to impose usage on to the device, its superior for both flower and oil atm, for me. No ring, even browning.

This is pretty much what I was doing with the SH anyway, what I was attempting at least. 550f, uncapped, at my usual 6 hole draw speed vapes a bowl of flower perfectly.

Still thinking a three hole carb cap would potentially force the user to a slightly more narrow spread of min/max draw speed, without any noticable effects on airflow to the user.

And yeah, I think I'm down with this being a much 'clearer' flower flavour experience. All the flavour of 550f, the clouds of around 620 on the SH, maybe? A superior experience.

Like with all of NV's devices so far, further use and exploration of its parameters are showing it to be crazy versatile all over again.

tldr: possible thinking the SH is raw flower vaping power, and the VROD is more about refining and fine tuning for connoisseurs?

VROD is really shining at lower temps for me. Further testing needed.

Vaporware

I think you made a mistake from my point of view.

When your shower head arrives do not use it and contact New Vape for what you need to do to return and exchange for the VROD. I would be kicking myself in the ass if I got the SH instead and I own a well used shower head.

The VROD with a sic dish is fantastic and it does flower very nicely too. I am with the VROD 100%.

:2c:

You think you’d feel that way even even if you only used flower?

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Just placed an order for the Vrod plug, and very pleased to see there was a shipping option for $0.45!

Total price for one plug with shipping to the US: $1.45. It says the plug will be taped to a post card and sent general mail.

That $0.45 price was only for 1 plug though. Once you put more than one in your cart, that shipping option went away and you were stuck with the standard $7 priority shipping.

Thanks NV for thinking ahead and making the upgrade quick and painless. I was worried what I'd end up paying on shipping for the little plug!

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
I think you made a mistake from my point of view.

When your shower head arrives do not use it and contact New Vape for what you need to do to return and exchange for the VROD. I would be kicking myself in the ass if I got the SH instead and I own a well used shower head.

The VROD with a sic dish is fantastic and it does flower very nicely too. I am with the VROD 100%.

:2c:

I cannot disagree more strongly.

Whether or not the man "made a mistake", ESPECIALLY when factoring in customs delays and extra shipping costs is very debatable.

If he consumes more herb than concentrate, he may be very happy with his ShowerHead! Many people do not need the latest and greatest to have a great vaping experience. I have been using my ShowerHead from the time it was released, and I have not yet felt any need for something "better".

Last edited:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Just placed an order for the Vrod plug, and very pleased to see there was a shipping option for $0.45!

Total price for one plug with shipping to the US: $1.45. It says the plug will be taped to a post card and sent general mail.

That $0.45 price was only for 1 plug though. Once you put more than one in your cart, that shipping option went away and you were stuck with the standard $7 priority shipping.

Thanks NV for thinking ahead and making the upgrade quick and painless. I was worried what I'd end up paying on shipping for the little plug!
Wondering what those pins will do th e USPS sorting machines?

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Wondering what those pins will do th e USPS sorting machines?

Those pins are so small, I'd be surprised if there was an issue. I'm also assuming they'll actually still be in an envelope and not taped to the outside of a postcard. But we shall see!

Once, I ordered a record from King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard that was shipped from Australia. I kid you not, the album was shipped inside of an unused pizza box. The pizza box had a 10"x10" section filled with postage stamps.

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw it, but the album arrived intact and unharmed! They run their own record label, it's DIY to the max!

Keep in mind, this is just when they were starting to take off with I'm in Your Mind Fuzz. They've gotten a little more practiced/professional with it now!

Top Bottom