Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I honestly never weigh out my loads either, but I've been curious about load size as of late. I really need to get a decent scale that reads to the hundredths. I was just curious, but it sounds like about a crumb. I noticed they got in some bundles back in stock but still no glass. I've been experimenting building my own kit as well and I found out I can easily do this for under $500. I just wish they had their glass rigs back in.

If you want accurate measurements to the hundredths, get a scale that read to the thousands then discard the least significant digit.

What @Baron23 said. If you want a fairly accurate measurement, in the small sizes we are talking about, then you want a scale that measures at least one more decimal place than the number you are trying to measure at.

Speaking of which, here's the little spoon I've been using to load my shovelhead bowl. I usually do two scoops at a time, occasionally three. The penny and tape measure (inches) in the image are for scale (spoon is 1/32 of a teaspoon). Maybe someone here with a lot of experience weighing out their doses in many different sizes could guestimate about what that might be?

2-G0-Qc-Ze-ESg-Oq-ZRjd-Bqw-FEg-thumb-1543.jpg

(Here's where I bought the spoon)

Socks And Sandals

What @Baron23 said. If you want a fairly accurate measurement, in the small sizes we are talking about, then you want a scale that measures at least one more decimal place than the number you are trying to measure at.

Speaking of which, here's the little spoon I've been using to load my shovelhead bowl. I usually do two scoops at a time, occasionally three. The penny and tape measure (inches) in the image are for scale (spoon is 1/32 of a teaspoon). Maybe someone here with a lot of experience weighing out their doses in many different sizes could guestimate about what that might be?

2-G0-Qc-Ze-ESg-Oq-ZRjd-Bqw-FEg-thumb-1543.jpg

(Here's where I bought the spoon)

Amazing.. thanks for the guesstimate! This really puts new perspective on how much I go through on the Evo, Which is probably 4 scoops of that per half/basket. As long as there is no problem with cashing small amounts like you mentioned here.. I'm good!

Funds are looking grim right now and I may have to put this off till black friday. More on that later tho.. :Keeps finger's crossed:

If you want accurate measurements to the hundredths, get a scale that read to the thousands then discard the least significant digit.

I do not weigh out loads anymore, really. I just use the NV Pax Loading Tool and a level scoop of fine ground is right at about .1 grams.

I tend to run my FP SH with .15 -.2 g loads and it works well for me.

Thanks the the advice.. I was going to do a quick search in the Vaping Equipment section of the forum to see what's good.. Hopefully find one for under 50.

You guys are awesome man, no doubt in my mind I have to worry about small loads in this thing.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I forgot to add that my scoops with that spoon are not intentionally heaping, but they are rounded...in case that helps.

You would be surprised how you get out of that tiny amount as well.
With those two scoops, I usually take at least two good hits when I get home from work, and then it's at least an hour or two, and I will finish it off with 2-3 thinner hits, and I'm good for another hour or two.

So, I'll have one to two bowls like that on a weeknight (three to four three-scoop bowls on a weekend afternoon/evening), over the course of the night. In my opinion, this thing is at least as efficient as a log vape or a Dynavap vape, which are two that have a reputation of being the most efficient vaporizers on the market right now amongst people that know what they are talking about.
---------------------------------------------------
On another note...it's been almost two months since the first day I received this vape, I've used it pretty much every day since then, and I've never cleaned my screen. To make that even more impressive, I never stir. I just hit it till it's fully extracted, then I dump it out and brush the screen and the insides of the bowl out with a MFLB brush. This vape heats so evenly that it still leaves nothing sticky on the screen (titanium screen) as long as you fully extract:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW-thumb-1544.jpg

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Maybe someone here with a lot of experience weighing out their doses in many different sizes could guestimate about what that might be?
I used that scoop for a good long while. I do a half of pax scoop, .05g, per load nowadays. The 1/32 teaspoon is a .02-.025g scoop with my grind consistency. My scale is made for loading ammunition.
2-EC8-B725-5-D98-4424-A582-FC34-E67-B70-AD.jpg

79-B09-EB4-87-CD-4519-803-C-2-F12-AFFBA76-F.jpg

swanka

I was thinking about the flowerpot and it's hot air path and suddenly remembered tig torch gas lenses.
g58144415493.jpg

This is basically the thing that makes the above happen. the hole in the center of the screens is for the electrode, not gas.
c62081089944.jpg

Just for grins, I put some screens on top of the bud and it seems like I am having an easier time getting even (top to bottom) vaporization on loads bigger than microdoses. I swear one time I even had a dark spot in the middle but I stirred it before I thought to take a pic. I haven't taken any notes or anything and I have no idea what the science behind a gas lens is either, so this may just be my imagination of course.

I think a single double weave might do the job, but I still need to buy some of those.

swanka,
Reactions: INDIVA

Baron23

Amazing.. thanks for the guesstimate! This really puts new perspective on how much I go through on the Evo, Which is probably 4 scoops of that per half/basket. As long as there is no problem with cashing small amounts like you mentioned here.. I'm good!

Funds are looking grim right now and I may have to put this off till black friday. More on that later tho.. :Keeps finger's crossed:

Thanks the the advice.. I was going to do a quick search in the Vaping Equipment section of the forum to see what's good.. Hopefully find one for under 50.

You guys are awesome man, no doubt in my mind I have to worry about small loads in this thing.
Here are some milligram digital scales for $25 and under:

I have one very much like this (brand I have is no longer offered but they are all Chinese white labels):

Not very expensive and the work just fine IME.

Cheers

swanka

Update on the gas lens idea. After doing both with an without it appears that no stirring is required with the screens, but it isn't instant vapor like the standard method. Same temps btw. Extraction also seems slower with the screens. Then again, I think I should try just one screen and see if it takes more than a pull to get going. I am not expecting that this will be my method going forward, but it's fun to experiment. Another idea would be to put some sort of spacer in between the screen(s) and the material, but I don't think I will go so far as to build anything for this idea.

swanka,
Reactions: EmDeemo

INDIVA

I'm gna try the dual screen idea out with my woven ti screens and see how it does or if it's not worth it..
As I'm still using my 1st screen that I bought with my setup like 2.5years ago lol and the screen is like brand new still as I clean it a lot when I can't see thru it I clean it and it takes no time to do either I use a glass dab container from the dispensary put some iso in it and either move it back and fourth with my finger or if it's bad I'll use a metal brush and clean in no time... However it mainly gets really dirty when I twax with it esp if I put the dab in with the flower instead of on my sapphire insert ...But absolutely love it newvape makes killer products thats for sure there still isn't a better flower enail vaporizer on the market now and it's crazy as it's been out for like 3yrs and still nothing can fuck with it...

INDIVA,
Reactions: EmDeemo

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I got a Weedeater ordered to compliment my ever growing NV collection. Unnecessary?From my understanding, yes. But we’re talking VAS nonsense so anything goes.

When I first picked up my Vrod I picked up on that the Vrod was replacing the Showerhead. At the time NV was posting about putting together some SH bundles and just the SH was also available. I’d love a SH in the collection . Purely because, just because. Anyone know if NV plans to offer these from time to time like they did for the 4/20 sale? Maybe a post in the classifieds would turn up a member willing to part with one?

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Weedeater and goodies showed up. A big thank you to @zancru for talking me through my VAS and pointing me in the direction of the double PID. 😂 It felt like a great deal. I now have a dual FlowerPot set up and a back up PID for not much more than I was going to spend for another controller, coil, and head. Per Zancrus instruction I’m dialing in temp stepping between my Vrod and WE heads.

04-CE0108-4567-479-A-9807-C58-CBEB48-A6-B.jpg

NonInstagramers NV said 10% off code 710 for 7/10 sale.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
@The Stray Fox can't believe you've gotten 2 orders while mine has been reading as shipping label created and has not moved since June 26th, and to add insult to injury I can't even look today because the usps site seems to be down 😖😫😡😤😵 but I'm glad you got yours, enjoy the Weedeater

CanadianBakin

When did the international shipping costs go up? I wanted to get another shovelhead and post, but $35 for shipping... :o

CanadianBakin,

Bad Dog

I got lucky and got a buddy to go in on the order so we split shipping. I think that's pretty much what I've been paying for international orders for the last year anyway from places in the states....then again maybe vgoodiez was cheaper?. Hope your order does better than mine :doh:

Bad Dog,
Reactions: Chandler

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I hope everyone had a wonderful 710. No concentrates here. :shit: Anyhow, I spent the day exploring the capabilities of my new Weedeater. 😍 I love my Vrod and I hope it’s multifunctional uses will be available to me in the future but If I only had a WE everything would be all good. Though using the two in unison to temp step is amazing and very nice luxury. Thanks again, @Zangano Cruel!

The WE seems easier to fine tune for flower. Duh👨‍🎓. The more open diffuser design and the extra center hole is perfect. Capped and uncapped work so well I’m not sure which way I like better.

I also picked up a 25mm ti dish from NV. Before everyone jumps on me.... I understand that for most this is less than desirable. I’ve heard of the SiC dish breaking and I wanted a stronger option until I need my SiC dish. It feels indestructible now and function seems the same. I’m hopeful it will look pretty sweet once the patina sets in.

Now if I can just find a Showerhead for my collection.
25-C3626-E-D02-F-4237-A051-F2301-DE4-C629.jpg

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
I hope everyone had a wonderful 710. No concentrates here. :shit: Anyhow, I spent the day exploring the capabilities of my new Weedeater. 😍 I love my Vrod and I hope it’s multifunctional uses will be available to me in the future but If I only had a WE everything would be all good. Though using the two in unison to temp step is amazing and very nice luxury. Thanks again, @Zangano Cruel!

The WE seems easier to fine tune for flower. Duh👨‍🎓. The more open diffuser design and the extra center hole is perfect. Capped and uncapped work so well I’m not sure which way I like better.

I also picked up a 25mm ti dish from NV. Before everyone jumps on me.... I understand that for most this is less than desirable. I’ve heard of the SiC dish breaking and I wanted a stronger option until I need my SiC dish. It feels indestructible now and function seems the same. I’m hopeful it will look pretty sweet once the patina sets in.

Now if I can just find a Showerhead for my collection.
25-C3626-E-D02-F-4237-A051-F2301-DE4-C629.jpg
That’s a cool 😎 looking mood mat there friend!!
And that’s exactly how I use my small stand, fitted into the bigger stand!!!
It’s a no brainer, you cannot go wrong with the FlowerPot lineup.
Temp stepping with a double PID and 2x FPs is an end game, and carefully stacking those 2 heads, for that ultimate one hit bowl is so satisfying.
Always nice to see you during the live-streams, and share our experiences.
So easy and fast to fine tune and experiment on real time, with anyone around the world.
Thanks to a cool forum like this, and other platforms like IG, we can share a lot of info nowadays, at the tip of your fingers.
Happy belated 7/10 to everyone!!!
Stay vaped!!
Mantente de la mente!!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I'm gna try the dual screen idea out with my woven ti screens and see how it does or if it's not worth it..
As I'm still using my 1st screen that I bought with my setup like 2.5years ago lol and the screen is like brand new still as I clean it a lot when I can't see thru it I clean it and it takes no time to do either I use a glass dab container from the dispensary put some iso in it and either move it back and fourth with my finger or if it's bad I'll use a metal brush and clean in no time... However it mainly gets really dirty when I twax with it esp if I put the dab in with the flower instead of on my sapphire insert ...But absolutely love it newvape makes killer products thats for sure there still isn't a better flower enail vaporizer on the market now and it's crazy as it's been out for like 3yrs and still nothing can fuck with it...

Or whack the temp up and vape all the oil thats gotten stuck on the screen from twaxing :)

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
@The Stray Fox can't believe you've gotten 2 orders while mine has been reading as shipping label created and has not moved since June 26th, and to add insult to injury I can't even look today because the usps site seems to be down 😖😫😡😤😵 but I'm glad you got yours, enjoy the Weedeater

Hope you get it soon. Today I finally got the guitar pedal I ordered from the states about two or three months ago :) It sat with usps not updating anything for about a month, then the next update it was in the local sorting office.

I'll keep all ten of my lucky penises crossed for your delivery :)

Bad Dog

I'll keep all ten of my lucky penises crossed for your delivery :)
Thanks for the good vibes from across the pond bro :tup: lucky it's not anything I need to keep me vaping for the foreseeable future just some accessories and backup coil to keep me going for the next few years. So while a little frustrating I can afford to be patient, it's just not one of my strengths.

Got my fingers crossed 🤞 for the dab setup contest you helped organize, very cool of you :clap: if by some slim chance I win I'd have to order a second Weedeater to pair with the auber and keep my old style pid at my cousins

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Got my fingers crossed 🤞 for the dab setup contest you helped organize, very cool of you :clap: if by some slim chance I win I'd have to order a second Weedeater to pair with the auber and keep my old style pid at my cousins

I had Aubers ear for a brief moment, and it was when NFC was happening, and I thought 'there is no harm in asking Auber'. Surprised me when they said yes.

Bad Dog

However it came into being I'm grateful to you, Stu, Auber and 710 coils for the opportunity. Some good old fashioned fun and excitement during these shity times.

back to the topic at hand flowerpot, mount avb rises 3 miles off the crater floor........ might be time to empty that lol I’ll be having my first full Weedeater bowl in almost a week, looking forward to really blasting off tonight , thrusters at full
http://instagr.am/p/CChVUtHH96O/

Top Bottom