• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

started@52

I’m embarrassed to show this publicity but someone might learn from MY MISTAKE, I stretched and tightened my coil so tight it will not come apart, not with my garage tools at least. I started with tape and clothes under the pliers, vice and channel locks but finally said fuck it I’m getting this thing apart!!! Nope. It still works awesome though. It runs 40-50° hotter with the tight coil and I vape flower around 620° instead of 665°. She ain’t pretty but it’s a tank with battle scars. Moral of the story is, if it ain’t broke...
A3-D0-B735-8-FF4-4837-8-E9-E-F01514-DA6-F6-E.jpg
809544-C5-8118-4-A66-9-AA8-223-B157-CE6-A1.jpg

Vaporware

:uhoh: People who have had problems like that have usually been able to get it unscrewed by heating it a bit or putting it in the freezer. While there are wrench flats on the parts these days, I still wouldn’t use bare metal tools directly on the FlowerPot because it’s not too hard to accidentally gouge it. :cry:

Thanks for posting the results of brute forcing it though, and anyone who runs into this post while trying to deal with this issue, please look back through the thread to see other people’s experiences before taking any drastic measures! :myday:

TheFatBastard

Posted this in my other thread, but since is Flowerpot related, guess I'd share here too.

Well guys, chasing that "first high" I've just got a KP-1 Rosin Press and I'm intending to produce some rosin from my homegrown flowers in a couple of hours, that I will (for the first time ever) try tonight with my Flowerpot Showerhead.

I've never dabbed before, and I'm very excited thinking about the experience, some people says that dabbing for the first time is like the first time you got high....so I will provide a good set and setting and try to enjoy the experience.

Any tips or advices?

okydokes

Posted this in my other thread, but since is Flowerpot related, guess I'd share here too.

Well guys, chasing that "first high" I've just got a KP-1 Rosin Press and I'm intending to produce some rosin from my homegrown flowers in a couple of hours, that I will (for the first time ever) try tonight with my Flowerpot Showerhead.

I've never dabbed before, and I'm very excited thinking about the experience, some people says that dabbing for the first time is like the first time you got high....so I will provide a good set and setting and try to enjoy the experience.

Any tips or advices?
My advice is lower your expectations. I made my own rosin and consumed via cloud evo expecting to be supereffedup. But I just got very high but quicker.

I basically haven’t bothered since BUT I’m gonna get the flowerpot cos I could well have missed out on ‘real’ dabbing effects. Im gonna lower my expectations too cos it’s just concentrated cannabis.

Enjoy it. I’ll be interested to hear how it is for you

started@52

I think the problem is the people:hmm:
In my case you are correct. Freezer, warmed up, it’s not coming off without a monkey wrench and a bigger vice then mine.

New

:uhoh: People who have had problems like that have usually been able to get it unscrewed by heating it a bit or putting it in the freezer. While there are wrench flats on the parts these days, I still wouldn’t use bare metal tools directly on the FlowerPot because it’s not too hard to accidentally gouge it. :cry:

Thanks for posting the results of brute forcing it though, and anyone who runs into this post while trying to deal with this issue, please look back through the thread to see other people’s experiences before taking any drastic measures! :myday:

I should have stopped before it went metal tool on metal Vrod but I was determined and yet still failed. I still think the coil is getting hung up on something. It turns about three eights of a turn then stops suddenly. I’m going to let NV look at it expecting them to say it was my fault , if it wasn't I trust they will take care of it.

Last edited:

Vaporware

In my case you are correct. Freezer, warmed up, it’s not coming off without a monkey wrench and a bigger vice then mine.

New

I should have stopped before it went metal tool on metal Vrod but I was determined and yet still failed. I still think the coil is getting hung up on something. It turns about three eights of a turn then stops suddenly. I’m going to let NV look at it expecting them to say it was my fault , if it wasn't I trust they will take care of it.

Ah, I think we had a similar report before. If I remember correctly it may have been a burr preventing it from unscrewing. I hope NV can help you figure it out!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I’m embarrassed to show this publicity but someone might learn from MY MISTAKE, I stretched and tightened my coil so tight it will not come apart, not with my garage tools at least. I started with tape and clothes under the pliers, vice and channel locks but finally said fuck it I’m getting this thing apart!!! Nope. It still works awesome though. It runs 40-50° hotter with the tight coil and I vape flower around 620° instead of 665°. She ain’t pretty but it’s a tank with battle scars. Moral of the story is, if it ain’t broke...

Bless you for sharing. We all fuck up occasionally and like you say, sharing means someone else might not have the same issue down the line (see DCup thread and my stupid dish breakage :) )

Any tips or advices?

I dunno, I dont want to be negative nancy or anything but its still the same active ingredients you're gonna be vaping, just more concentrated. Personally, I just find that I get higher, quicker, but its still pretty much the same high but with less lung irritation and some concentrated flavour.

Obviously, we're all a bit different tho, so YMMV.

I wish you the best of luck! :)

EmDeemo,
Reactions: Summer

fatbiker

Hmm. Playing around with configurations. VROD vs. SH $479 vs $464. Only a $15 difference? I was thinking about going the SH route to save funds as I'm a once in a while concentrate user, to save money. But $15. Not much savings. I'll probably go with Vrod.
I need the pid stand. Omitting that would be a huge savings and equal dissapoinment when the device arrives.

Besides carb cap. And the $25 sic dish. Pid stand... Are their any other MUST HAVE accessories that one should include in their order? Seems the quartz and Dnail dish start to get very pricey

Thanks

Yes, go with the Vrod. I like the stand that doesn’t incorporate the controller. I would highly recommend the handle for the coil. I also prefer the handle for the bowl on the carb cap instead of the dabbler. For $8 I’d grab one. Lastly, I’d buy both the single and double weave screens.

Last edited:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)

:cry::cry:

TheFatBastard

Well, I finally tried dabbing last night.

The high is powerful, is like taking a couple of bowls in a single draw, but I guess that it is not what I was expecting, talking about the kind of high I was searching.Guess my searching for that old first time high has more to see with my brain and the experience than in the method or flower dosage. Guess my brain already knows what the high is like and is not as surprised as the first time for some inputs like music, ligth, watching a movie while high....

Still cool anyway, enjoyed a very good and powerful high and, though it is not like my first experiences with cannabis, is still very enjoyable.

okydokes

Can’t wait to do my first proper dab then! Some time around Xmas.

I’ve blown 200 nicker of my budget for flowerpot on a bcg and dynavap colour so I’ve got 350 to get it done. I feel like I need the auber for auto shutoff and easier temp changes. I’ve been quoted 140 usd including shipping but excluding import duties which is another 20%. I’m gonna get the bare essentials but current prices will be about another £300.
I’m gonna need Black Friday to come through and maybe hope customs miss me.

Burnt Toast

Can’t wait to do my first proper dab then! Some time around Xmas.

I’ve blown 200 nicker of my budget for flowerpot on a bcg and dynavap colour so I’ve got 350 to get it done. I feel like I need the auber for auto shutoff and easier temp changes. I’ve been quoted 140 usd including shipping but excluding import duties which is another 20%. I’m gonna get the bare essentials but current prices will be about another £300.
I’m gonna need Black Friday to come through and maybe hope customs miss me.

Where’d you buy the FP? I’m looking on Vapefiend and it’s sold out.

Burnt Toast,

okydokes

Where’d you buy the FP? I’m looking on Vapefiend and it’s sold out.
I haven’t got it yet. I’ve been corresponding with vapefiend and he said last week that he get more in three weeks. A member here advised me to wait till Black Friday. Vapefiend would not confirm whether or not FP will be discounted.

It looks like I’ll be getting at least the pid and coil direct from newvape (they confirmed reductions across the line for Black Friday) as vapefiend don’t stock the auber or coil.

I might just get the whole lots from newvape. Downside warranty will be tough if needed due to cost of mail. Plus the likelihood of 20 % customs duty plus whatever else could make it more expensive. Postage alone will be $55. Anyone from uk whose bought from newvape recall how customs went? Also has anyone used the cheaper $20 shipping and if so how long did it take

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I haven’t got it yet. I’ve been corresponding with vapefiend and he said last week that he get more in three weeks. A member here advised me to wait till Black Friday. Vapefiend would not confirm whether or not FP will be discounted.

It looks like I’ll be getting at least the pid and coil direct from newvape (they confirmed reductions across the line for Black Friday) as vapefiend don’t stock the auber or coil.

I might just get the whole lots from newvape. Downside warranty will be tough if needed due to cost of mail. Plus the likelihood of 20 % customs duty plus whatever else could make it more expensive. Postage alone will be $55. Anyone from uk whose bought from newvape recall how customs went? Also has anyone used the cheaper $20 shipping and if so how long did it take

UK customs is a crap shoot, sometimes things get thru, sometimes they dont. Better off budgeting with the idea of having to pay up in mind IMHO.

EmDeemo,
Reactions: okydokes

okydokes

UK customs is a crap shoot, sometimes things get thru, sometimes they dont. Better off budgeting with the idea of having to pay up in mind IMHO.
That’s what I’ve heard but I’ve been unlucky so far when ordering from states. I guess some vendors send in a manner that saves their customers 20%

Anyway....Everyone ?....talk to me about blowback please

Last edited:
okydokes,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
That’s what I’ve heard but I’ve been unlucky so far when ordering from states. I guess some vendors send in a manner that saves their customers 20%

Anyway....Everyone ?....talk to me about blowback please

Flower blowback? A non issue with the right technique or glass set up, or both. Its the water in the glass returning to level once one stops inhaling, IIRC. So removing the head prior to stopping inhaling is one solution, as is glass with little water, or using an ash catcher/drop down. Or installing a screen on the underside of the heater.

I think those are the main points to consider?

okydokes

Flower blowback? A non issue with the right technique or glass set up, or both. Its the water in the glass returning to level once one stops inhaling, IIRC. So removing the head prior to stopping inhaling is one solution, as is glass with little water, or using an ash catcher/drop down. Or installing a screen on the underside of the heater.

I think those are the main points to consider?
I appreciate that. I did see
some of that in search but all a bit vague. I’m reassured. I guess I’ll find out more

okydokes,

kimura

Are you using the same coil on both controllers? At one time I had 3 NV controllers and I could not tell the difference between any of them with the same coil and head. Do you do an auto tune after you switch coils and or heads?

I went back and repeated the experiment, making sure to auto tune after switching coils/heads... I couldn’t reproduce my previous results. Both controllers and coils seem to perform within about 20 degrees (F) of each other. So I stand corrected!

Speaking of which, I’ve also given the cap-less SH experience another try by lowering temps and slowing down my draw. Well, I guess I won’t be using a carb cap anymore. Flavor seems to be better with no cap (didn’t expect that) and I can draw as much vapor as I want. Zero draw resistance, abundant vapor. It’s perfect?

You all are awesome. Shine on you crazy diamonds :science:

Top Bottom