Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
For rosin I like to stick around 20% of the equivalent flower dosage, by weight.
For a quarter gram session I would start with a .05g dose.

I prefer hash rosin for psychedelic effects, but that could just be due to my tolerances. That said, the strongest effects I've gotten from vaporizing have been from hash rosin. Still nothing like a strong edible :uhoh: :lol:

If you want to improve flavor without spending much money I would definitely suggest a 20mm Quartz banger + bubble cap. This will fit your existing 20mm SH coil.

:leaf:

I was hoping someone would have better answers than mine! :D

TheFatBastard

For rosin I like to stick around 20% of the equivalent flower dosage, by weight.
For a quarter gram session I would start with a .05g dose.

I prefer hash rosin for psychedelic effects, but that could just be due to my tolerances. That said, the strongest effects I've gotten from vaporizing have been from hash rosin. Still nothing like a strong edible :uhoh: :lol:

If you want to improve flavor without spending much money I would definitely suggest a 20mm Quartz banger + bubble cap. This will fit your existing 20mm SH coil.

:leaf:

Thanks!

Does Newcape sell these?

Eschient

Giga-Dweebess
I see sometimes in other threads, a post that will say something like "the FP scares me, it seems so complicated and looks like I could hurt/burn myself" and it's almost impossible to convince them that in reality, the operation is dead simple to use and I can't remember hearing of burns. People post stories/pictures when they do stupid shit like that and we would have surely heard of it here. Actually, more likely we'd hear all about it on reddit. I've not burned myself once with my lovely VRod, going on a year's time with it. And I'm not known to be a particularly graceful man, I mean you're never going to mistake me for a ballet dancer. I'll burn my hand a handful of times in the kitchen every year, that's life.

Keep on keeping on, people. Tomorrow's FRIDAY! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Not to knock anyone or anything, but you've got to be a lot more graceful than you think because 4 people have used mine and no one has escaped unscathed. Carb cap slippage and bowl sticking to the showerhead are the biggest culprits, but my worst burn came from reaching past it on the stand. I bumped it and got this nice brand on my forearm - it's a month healed, it'll be there a while.

It's hot exposed metal and accidents happen. Still my daily driver, but other people using it makes me nervous since it's not the safest item in my arsenal.

started@52

Not to knock anyone or anything, but you've got to be a lot more graceful than you think because 4 people have used mine and no one has escaped unscathed. Carb cap slippage and bowl sticking to the showerhead are the biggest culprits, but my worst burn came from reaching past it on the stand. I bumped it and got this nice brand on my forearm - it's a month healed, it'll be there a while.

It's hot exposed metal and accidents happen. Still my daily driver, but other people using it makes me nervous since it's not the safest item in my arsenal.
My advice to anyone new to any flowerpot is to set it up in the same location every time until you build muscle memory using it. I haven’t burned myself since the first week of owning one except once after moving my vape station from an upstairs guest room to my now vape cave. (use to be a second guest room in the basement that was really used for storage, lol). Be careful for sure but the “burning curve” was worth it to me. Probably not the best part vape though.

Last edited:

thevapist

So is the next trend in the vape community branding yourself with your favorite vape to support them?

Is that the VROD dish or the post? It looks exactly like the dish.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I remember when the Showerhead came out and branded a few new users! NINETEEN HOLES in a raw red circle, lol! :D
I had a mobile setup at first, out of necessity, but I did exactly what @started@52 said and did a “practice run” after getting everything. I’m not that intelligent on my own, some kind-hearted veteran here told me to.

Gigsabits53

Luckily I have only managed a few minor burns. I think once you get familiar with all the danger spots it becomes 2nd nature. I do think it makes a difference if you keep your setup in the same spot so you get used to it. I think another poster mentioned that earlier.

okydokes

Howdy. I’m planning on getting myself a treat and I’m back to considering this vape. I’ve already got a volcano and evo but the promise of something that hits heavier is hard to resist.

I’ve read through this thread often over last couple years but would appreciate your help with my purchase.

I’m guess8ng rod is the way to go for me as I’ll mostly us herb but want the option to dab on occasion. I’d like to keep the cost down wherever that won’t spoil the experience. Please suggest which email coil and whatever else, thanks

okydokes

While you all gather your thoughts my research continues. I’m wanting a controller with auto shut of and the auber 300a seems to fit the bill.i can’t find a uk or eu source. Vapefiend should be able to supply all the rest of the kit but not the controller.

Any ideas on sourcing the auber 300a in uk or Europe. (Google has found none).

Are there alternatives to 300a in terms of quality and auto shutoff from dhgate
Thanks

okydokes,

skyvaper

Thanks
Perhaps you may consider the NV controller or any that you want and purchase a separate timer? I've seen someone here mention a smart outlet that can be turned on from their phone if you want that many bells and whistles. Just a thought.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
While you all gather your thoughts my research continues. I’m wanting a controller with auto shut of and the auber 300a seems to fit the bill.i can’t find a uk or eu source. Vapefiend should be able to supply all the rest of the kit but not the controller.

Thanks
Use caution here as the VRod requires a specific number of wraps and direction of the wraps to mate as much surface area of the coil with the head as possible to facilitate the best heat transfer.

I would recommend you also make sure to include double weave screens and a carb cap with your order. If you do not have a very fine grinder, the NewVape fine grinder works quite well and sometimes they have 2nds with cosmetic blemishes that work just fine. I have a number of grinders, but the NV Fine grinder shines above those. The FlowerPot excels with a very fine grind barely covering the screen. I also have two adjustabowls which is really convenient with keeping different strains separate if I do not happen to fill a bowl in a session.

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker

Thanks

Auber ships to Europe damn fast :)

okydokes

Auber ships to Europe damn fast :)
Thanks I’m waiting for them to get back to me with a quote. Likely an eu supplier if it exists would be cheaper and quicker.

Use caution here as the VRod requires a specific number of wraps and direction of the wraps to mate as much surface area of the coil with the head as possible to facilitate the best heat transfer.

I would recommend you also make sure to include double weave screens and a carb cap with your order. If you do not have a very fine grinder, the NewVape fine grinder works quite well and sometimes they have 2nds with cosmetic blemishes that work just fine. I have a number of grinders, but the NV Fine grinder shines above those. The FlowerPot excels with a very fine grind barely covering the screen. I also have two adjustabowls which is really convenient with keeping different strains separate if I do not happen to fill a bowl in a session.
Appreciate the advice cos Im trying to get this right first time. I’m in uk which increases cost too. I’ve got a Santa Cruz shredder if that won’t do then I’ll have to consider thing. This is a vas purchase so I got to try and be reasonable.
Perhaps you may consider the NV controller or any that you want and purchase a separate timer? I've seen someone here mention a smart outlet that can be turned on from their phone if you want that many bells and whistles. Just a thought.
yeah I thought about that and did a five minute search .it could work in some situations but I’d prefer it built in to pid. If I can’t though a smart outlet will be required. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
okydokes,

Stonedbadger

Im keen on one of these, maybe the showerhead or vrode. Just wondering what heat up times are like? When using do you just leave it on all night? Whats the lifespan of the coil?

Many thanks

Stonedbadger,

Vaporware

They take about 5-10 minutes to heat up since you have to heat soak a big chunk of metal, but once they’re hot you can leave them on for hours, or weeks if you want. Just try to keep an eye on them for safety. ;)

I did have to replace part of my controller a bit more than a year into using it after I started taking it out to other people’s houses with me more often. Something internal must have come loose while traveling, but the coil’s still fine and after fixing the controller it’s all still working great another year later. I left it on almost all of the time for over a year by the way.

Has anyone had a coil fail yet? I know a few controllers have, but I haven’t heard many reports of problems.

Stonedbadger

Thanks for your response! Given I wont have easy access to concentrates do you think the showerhead is the best option? Ie will be using it primarily for bud
Cheers

Stonedbadger,
Reactions: Ramahs

Vaporware

Thanks for your response! Given I wont have easy access to concentrates do you think the showerhead is the best option? Ie will be using it primarily for bud
Cheers

If you want to get into concentrates in the future it’s probably worth getting the VRod, but if you don’t expect to have access for a long time the ShowerHead is just as good for flower. :)

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
If you want to get into concentrates in the future it’s probably worth getting the VRod, but if you don’t expect to have access for a long time the ShowerHead is just as good for flower. :)
The WeedEater for flower only, unless you want to use a carb cap with Flower. The WE does not have a specific carb cap that creates a good seal, although I hope @NewVape710 will make the necessary adjustments for a WE carb cap. Idea being if you have a good seal you lower the barometric pressure in your bowl when drawing which lowers the boiling point (Vaporization temp) of the compounds in your herbs. My ShowerHead predates WE and VRod availability and most of the time I run very high temps uncapped (No carb). Occasionally I will cap to make sure I’ve milked out every bit of goodness from my herbs.. waste not want not!

If I were buying new today and wanted simple and to keep costs low I’d buy a WE. If I was not concerned about cost I’d get the VRod with Carb cap.

Chandler

Hmm. Playing around with configurations. VROD vs. SH $479 vs $464. Only a $15 difference? I was thinking about going the SH route to save funds as I'm a once in a while concentrate user, to save money. But $15. Not much savings. I'll probably go with Vrod.
I need the pid stand. Omitting that would be a huge savings and equal dissapoinment when the device arrives.

Besides carb cap. And the $25 sic dish. Pid stand... Are their any other MUST HAVE accessories that one should include in their order? Seems the quartz and Dnail dish start to get very pricey

Thanks

Chandler,
Reactions: Mangu
Top Bottom