Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

friedpiper

Always blazin' new trails..
I have had that stinging feeling in the nasal passage, seems to be generally when I'm getting a killer rip. I see it as a good sign, just try not to cough or sneeze!

That sucks when you have to do both at the same time!

I've noticed some very slight tickling/irritation when doing really low-temp dabs only when nasal puffing, certain strains do it more than others. I'm curious what will happen when ripping that FP. More experimenting coming soon.. :sherlock:

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
The sneezing and nose-tickling I've always attributed to terps but haven't been able to nail it down, since that's pretty broad... I get it more with low temp hits and a slow exhale. If I rush the exhale out of my mouth (like I typically do with FP hits) I don't seem to have issues.

I'm still enjoying 700-710~ but I should be getting that new waterpiece soon and I'm sure that will have an impact on my temps... I actually suspect I'll go HIGHERRRRR as irritation from the short vapor path and lack of water in this tube is the only thing that prevents me from taking it back up to lucky 7s honestly :science:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
The sneezing and nose-tickling I've always attributed to terps but haven't been able to nail it down, since that's pretty broad... I get it more with low temp hits and a slow exhale. If I rush the exhale out of my mouth (like I typically do with FP hits) I don't seem to have issues.

That's been my experience as well, in fact, the pen with distillate is the biggest offender of my vapes followed close by the FP under certain temps with flowers especially.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I've been having issues with nasal irritation since first using my FP as well. It's the one issue I haven't been able to overcome for some reason. I don't know if it's the bong I'm using or what, and I don't even exhale through my nose, but many times during/after taking a hit I feel a stinging feeling throughout my nasal passage. I haven't had this experience from any other vape, so I'm not sure what's causing it. But it's certainly been a bit of an issue for me.

I think its the particles that are with the vapor. I clean the shit out of my rigs especially since getting two sinus infections only a month after being introduced to the FP. Was introduced in early Oct and by Turkeyday, i was sick as hell. Then comes Xmas and im sick again with a sinus infection. But back to the particles in the vape, after cleaning my rig and putting new distilled water in the rig, i pack a bowl and take one rip, the water is filled with particles that float in the water and sticks the side glass. Its sorta like creates a thin film on the glass.

Does anyone else notice this? When i use my Liger, i do not have any of these particles in my water.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I think its the particles that are with the vapor. I clean the shit out of my rigs especially since getting two sinus infections only a month after being introduced to the FP. Was introduced in early Oct and by Turkeyday, i was sick as hell. Then comes Xmas and im sick again with a sinus infection. But back to the particles in the vape, after cleaning my rig and putting new distilled water in the rig, i pack a bowl and take one rip, the water is filled with particles that float in the water and sticks the side glass. Its sorta like creates a thin film on the glass.

Does anyone else notice this? When i use my Liger, i do not have any of these particles in my water.

I think that's just how it goes with flowers. When I switched over to rosin mostly using just the SiC dish atop the FP, my rig gets dirty but not nearly as bad as when I use flowers.

friedpiper

I'm still enjoying 700-710~ but I should be getting that new waterpiece soon and I'm sure that will have an impact on my temps... I actually suspect I'll go HIGHERRRRR as irritation from the short vapor path and lack of water in this tube is the only thing that prevents me from taking it back up to lucky 7s honestly :science:

I get high AF when I crank up the temps a little, but of course suffer a little flavor loss.
705 is where I've been pretty much been resting at with the Auber and SiC dish, 20mm wraparound NV setup.
Just placed my order for the FP parts and absolutely can't wait to take it for a test drive.
Now I'm curious about enhanced irritation from the terps, or whatever may be causing this. we are going to have to delve into this further with more group research. Gonna try to get an idea of which strains do it the most and which terpene they are the most rich in and kinda go from there..

friedpiper,
Reactions: Danksta

YaMon

Vaping since 2010

Are you using the NV Titanium Double Weave Screen? I'm using an Arizer basket right now, but perhaps should switch for the double weave. I wonder if an ash catcher would help?

YaMon,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
I like my carbon bowl adapter fluffy filled with cotton used as a pre-filter with nearly no more draw restriction. Water and glass stay cleaner for a much longer time. After some time of use the cotton is full of reclaim and delivers a nice extra buzz.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Now I'm curious about enhanced irritation from the terps, or whatever may be causing this. we are going to have to delve into this further with more group research. Gonna try to get an idea of which strains do it the most and which terpene they are the most rich in and kinda go from there..

Not sure if it's irritation or just a minor allergic reaction (but I guess that's just essentially irritation too huh?)

I think this maybe hard to do cos it's possibly strain dependent but also person dependent depending on genetics/allergies? idk I could be full of shit as always

Alexis

I like my carbon bowl adapter fluffy filled with cotton used as a pre-filter with nearly no more draw restriction. Water and glass stay cleaner for a much longer time. After some time of use the cotton is full of reclaim and delivers a nice extra buzz.
This is very true with the FP, I found with hemp fiber. It only took a few small bowls and there were several very decent hits of such smooth and tasty vapor. Im sure that this is the closest I have been to taking a dab.

Speaking of nose itching- I'm itching for the FP, Im not sure I won't give in soon after carrots of stoning ease and luxury were wafted under my nose, then taken away earlier today.

@YaMon I also lately have been exhaling my vapor through nose, on the large Elev8r hits, re-breathing.
I do feel I get more effects that way, in the head. I have always got at least 1 infection in my sinuses, often several just like my entire respiratory system for many years now.

I am certainly not suffering any bad effects on my sinus infections and symptoms, which seem to be better and easier to manage if anything. Im not trying to persuade you of anything, just my experience lately. Im extremely in tune with my body and symptoms so Im confifent that if nose exhales are exacerbating sinus infections it will be clear soon enough.

I actually question whether it could help? I like to think that vaping weed does something to suppress and weaken pathogens in my lungs. It should do, being highly antimicrobial. If the case, this could apply to sinuses. So far Im not seeing any evidence to indicate otherwise. I still have sinus infections, but they are easisr to live with and manage.

That said, im sure this can vary between vapes, and I can't use the FP at all so can't really talk here. Sorry for your troubles anyway, I hope you can steer clear and find a way to stay in the comfort zone. And yeah, I think Ti doubles are worth a go. If actual particulate is in the inhaled airstream, this is postulated by some to cause allergy type reactions which subside when filtered.

Last edited:

friedpiper

Not sure if it's irritation or just a minor allergic reaction (but I guess that's just essentially irritation too huh?)

I think this maybe hard to do cos it's possibly strain dependent but also person dependent depending on genetics/allergies? idk I could be full of shit as always

Haha, no, it sounds like you’re onto something to me. And yes, I agree that irritation/inflammation is a form of allergic reaction. Definitely an auto-immune response of some kind, in some people more than others.
I myself am not very pre-disposed to allergies, so maybe that’s why I only get it a little. Some people it seems to really get to them

I actually question whether it could help? I like to think that vaping weed does something to suppress and weaken pathogens in my lungs. It should do, being highly antimicrobial. If the case, this could apply to sinuses. So far Im not seeing any evidence to indicate otherwise. I still have sinus infections, but they are easisr to live with and manage.

I think so, possibly. It has a much different effect when it comes to response from the lungs than cigarette smoke.
I've noticed much improved lung condition after vaping exclusively. As soon as I've gone back to smoking flower even short term, I start hacking black stuff up again. After 20 years of smoking flower, I can definitely tell the difference. Fuck Combustion yo

Last edited by a moderator:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Anybody using a multi perc'd tube with their FP? The smoking community has long added more percolation to cool down smoke, and the FP milks nearly as thick as combustion.

My stupid ass @ataxian 'd that piece in less than a week but I wasn't a huge fan anyway. It took a lot of breath to get it going and was hard to clear, apparently. It was nice on it's own without the ashcatcher though (I guess that type of piece isn't really what you asked for though lol...)

Last edited:

Alexis

My stupid ass @ataxian 'd that piece in less than a week but I wasn't a huge fan anyway. It took a lot of breath to get it going. It was nice on it's own without the ashcatcher though.
Interesting- I tried an ashcatcher with the FC-186 earlier. The Elev8r is so free flowing I hoped a little added draw restriction might help. I was so surprised at how much more work it took to get it going. I didnt really get it chugging vapor.
I reckon I shoulfdtry the 186 dry with water in the ashcatcher see how that works.

Vitolo

Vaporist
As a veteran of long term exposure to dry hot air in throat (24/7 vapor conditions for MANY years),
Throats can be heated to a point of rawness, and will heal.
Not always a chemical reaction to an agent, but rather an internal tissue reaction to heat.
The throat heals quickly from the repeated exposures to being "parboiled".

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Alexis

As a veteran of long term exposure to dry hot air in throat (24/7 vapor conditions for MANY years),
Throats can be heated to a point of rawness, and will heal.
Not always a chemical reaction to an agent, but rather an internal tissue reaction to heat.
The throat heals quickly from the repeated exposures to being "parboiled".
Vitolo what my own experience has shown me to be 100% true- wherever in my respiratory tract there is infection, I will suffer a greatly increased allergy reaction to vaporizing.

The throat is a prime example. When there is barely any infection in my throat on occasion (or such a low level so as to be unnoticeable), I experience virtually zero throat irritation when I vape. When there is a new infection such as a virus, I immediately feel raw pain and irritation in that area from vaping.

Same with my lungs, the higher the infection in any location, far worse are the allergy and irritation symotoms there. And vice-versa which is such an amazing experience when I get a decent taste. I can always really enjoy my vapor more at those times. I hope one day to completely clear my lungs of all infection and see how my allergies are then.

So regarding sinus irritation/stinging. Everybody is always carrying viruses in their nose and throat. The healthy immune system keeps them handcuffed, although they can infect others and are still contagious.
So I wonder if sinus stinging has any relation to pathogenic microbes in residence? Certainly worth considering in some cases surely.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

My stupid ass @ataxian 'd that piece in less than a week but I wasn't a huge fan anyway. It took a lot of breath to get it going and was hard to clear, apparently. It was nice on it's own without the ashcatcher though (I guess that type of piece isn't really what you asked for though lol...)
I was going to get a FLOWER POT until I was talked out of it?

Maybe my addiction to photo taking was the turn off?

Nice wp that I broke as well!

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I like my carbon bowl adapter fluffy filled with cotton used as a pre-filter with nearly no more draw restriction.

Apologies, did you post a picture of this setup?

Sorry for your troubles

Thanks.

My thought was the 'stinging' or tingling as I prefer to call it, is really the nerves responding to the amount of medicine being absorbed. No other vape has done this for me, I'm just hoping there is not a down side. Regardless I think I'll be putting my FP aside until I can pick up an Ash Catcher, or at least until this infection is gone.. CT Scan Tuesday. Respect! -YaMon

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
My thought was the 'stinging' or tingling as I prefer to call it, is really the nerves responding to the amount of medicine being absorbed. No other vape has done this for me, I'm just hoping there is not a down side. Regardless I think I'll be putting my FP aside until I can pick up an Ash Catcher, or at least until this infection is gone.. CT Scan Tuesday. Respect! -YaMon

How many of your vaporizers can finish a bowl in one draw? I believe much of it has to do with the expectorant potential of a full spectrum extraction, plus the heat required to perform such an extraction.

Tuck

Good luck with your infection. I have sinus and asthma issues and have yet to have any major issues from my Flower Pot. I've had mine since October. I've toyed with different heat settings. For Flowers, the easiest on my asthma is 550F-600F. I've tried 777F but it's a little too harsh for me.

I jury-rigged my female bowl with a double weave titanium screen domed upwards (it won't sit flat in the old bowls) with a regular titanium screen sitting on top. That helps cut down on the particles in my glass. And it raises the screen up a little bit. It's great for a microdosing. The double weave screen clogs up. Try to clean it regularly or it will increase draw resistance. I used to try soaking it in ISO but lately I just hit it with a lighter.

I prefer that to using an Ash Catcher. My favorite ash catcher is made by Grav Labs. You pack it full of crushed ice. It's easy to clean and works great. I wish mine was at a right angle but I got it for a beaker before I got my FP, so it's a funky angle. I got a couple of adapters and can get my FP on it at almost a right angle but it seems precarious. my jury-rigged bowl seems to work as well keeping particles out and doesn't have all this other glass in the mix.

When I would let my glass get nasty is usually when I encountered breathing issues. I change my water daily -- changing every session would probably be better. I use regular tap water but maybe you want to try distilled water? If I see visible reclaim, I rinse with ISO. A couple weeks ago I discovered Mean Green. Now after I rinse with ISO and get all the iSO out of the glass, I rinse with Mean Green.

That Mean Green stuff is awesome. I had this old beaker that didn't get get cleaned real regularly and was gunked up pretty good even after salt and ISO. I let the Mean Green sit in it over night and all that gunk just came right out. It's like a brand new bong.

Top Bottom