Cannabis doesn't feel the same anymore..

Jurassic

Hey Elluzion, just wondering how you made out? I went through the EXACT same thing as you to a T, and there is some very good advice on here. Especially NiceLungs, Greenleaf, Bleezy, and Lwien.

I had to FORCE myself to kill my mental addiction/habituation to vaping which did honestly suck for the first week, but after that it's much water under the bridge and then it gets pretty awesome actually. It's all about moderation and respect, not abuse. I think sometimes people forget that it's a medicine and go overboard, kinda like alcohol. There is a difference between drinking a beer or two 2-3 times a week, and getting pissed every night. Same with vaping, although between the two i'd rather be a vapoholic than alcoholic.

Hope you've been better...it's definitely not a fun situation to be in.

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Hey guys! Good time to post an update on how I pulled through and got to where I am now..

Hey Elluzion, just wondering how you made out? I went through the EXACT same thing as you to a T, and there is some very good advice on here. Especially NiceLungs, Greenleaf, Bleezy, and Lwien.

I had to FORCE myself to kill my mental addiction/habituation to vaping which did honestly suck for the first week, but after that it's much water under the bridge and then it gets pretty awesome actually. It's all about moderation and respect, not abuse. I think sometimes people forget that it's a medicine and go overboard, kinda like alcohol. There is a difference between drinking a beer or two 2-3 times a week, and getting pissed every night. Same with vaping, although between the two i'd rather be a vapoholic than alcoholic.

Hope you've been better...it's definitely not a fun situation to be in.

Yeah I think with vaporizing it is very easy to get habitual and so used to it that it becomes a fun habit of sorts. I know if I smoked I definitely wouldn't do it as much as vapor, but vapor is just so appealing to me..

Anyways,, lately I have been more into raw foods and eating more healthy, exercising and doing things while high also helps as well. Running, swimming, biking, yoga, whatever! Also, I picked up some organic strains instead of the indoor super HIGH THC shit that blows your mind. I think it was just a bit too much for me...

Lately I have been getting high and having a good mindset and clean body are helping a lot, they really go hand in hand.

And I think it was also vaporizer dependent as well. When i was having these issues I was using the Underdog vape and also a Walnut CRZ. Ever since switching to my Bocote HI I haven't had any issues and have been having amazing pure clean highs.. I love the HI because it is so clean and is basically user replaceable. It is the king imo.

I would just say if something is not right in your life then you have to change something. I realized that I have been heavily eating shitty foods while I was high and it was bringing down my highs and made me feel like shit. I think that is what evidently led to my condition of feeling in a spacey movie all the time. Now I feel whole and alive, and I have looked towards meditation and also vaporizing other herbs such as damiana, chamomile, pepermint, lemon balm, etc.. Don't just stick to cannabis with vaping, try other things too, variety helps a lot.

The only thing I have been worried about with ganja recently is how it affects REM sleep and if it is hurting my sleep or not, but it is hard to tell..

peace & love

Jurassic

Glad to hear it man! It DEFINITELY affects sleep big time, I'm
Just trying to figure out if it's in a bad or good way. Stoners don't have baggy eyes for no reason.

Peloton

Vapes Hard
vaporizing other herbs such as damiana, chamomile, pepermint, lemon balm, etc.. Don't just stick to cannabis with vaping, try other things too, variety helps a lot.

Can you elaborate on this? Like what the effects are of them, what vapes you use for non-cannabis vaping, etc. I've always kind of wondered if these alternative herbs were worth it.

Peloton,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Can you elaborate on this? Like what the effects are of them, what vapes you use for non-cannabis vaping, etc. I've always kind of wondered if these alternative herbs were worth it.

Well, I got a vapor brothers vaporizer, and I have been using their "feelin fine" blend. It came with he vape. It has Damiana, Peppermint, and Lemon Balm in it. I grind it up and turn the VB on to 12pm and the vape is on in 5 minutes ready to go. I can hit about 5-6 times and then I wait, and I definitely feel more relaxed, not as high as ganja, but it's just a calming feeling, feels cool... I haven't tried much more than that, but i've been alternating ganja & the blend, gonna try more stuff too. It's easiest to vape this stuff with a vape that has a temperature gauge.

Elluzion,
Reactions: Peloton

Jurassic

I've tried vaping peppermint and chamomile with no effects whatsoever other than taste FWIW. I actually didn't even really enjoy it.

I haven't touched cannabis in 2 weeks now, and although I started sleeping after the first week, I still can't attain more than 5 hours sleep, albeit it is very solid. I'm tired in the mornings because i need those extra 2 hours, and i'm hoping it gets better :(

How are your sleeps Elluzion?? And how do you feel waking up? I always thought my short duration sleeps (awake very early) were due to cannabis, but now that I think most of it is out of my system, i'm not so sure anymore.

Jurassic,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I usually sleep well with or without cannabis. When I sleep with cannabis I wake up a little more groggy than I normally would, but that is about it. I like to vape at night though. If I don't vape for a week straight I don't notice any difference in sleep. I can rebound very easy in that sense. I can sleep without cannabis, I just choose to use it.

Elluzion,

Jurassic

I usually sleep well with or without cannabis. When I sleep with cannabis I wake up a little more groggy than I normally would, but that is about it. I like to vape at night though. If I don't vape for a week straight I don't notice any difference in sleep. I can rebound very easy in that sense. I can sleep without cannabis, I just choose to use it.

Well consider yourself extremely lucky, as insomnia is one of the greatest withdrawl symptoms in heavy users. Then again, i've kind of always been prone to difficulty falling asleep. I still have night sweats too.

Jurassic,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Before bed you should try drinking some sleepy tea, masturbating/sex, exerise, and do not eat before bed! Also, turn off all electroncis and shut down your cell phone. Electromagnetic fields fuck with your natural rhythms when you sleep and it messes you up. Try it..

Elluzion,

Jurassic

Before bed you should try drinking some sleepy tea, masturbating/sex, exerise, and do not eat before bed! Also, turn off all electroncis and shut down your cell phone. Electromagnetic fields fuck with your natural rhythms when you sleep and it messes you up. Try it..

I've tried everything. What seems to work for me now is an ayurvedic forumla of warm milk with cinnamon, cardamom powder, and honey before bed. Exercise anytime after dinner is a terrible idea for me and keeps me up all night. I can exercise all day long until I can't stand and it wouldn't matter. I also feel that the not eating before bed is helping (and i've lost alot of body fat because of it, no late night pot induced munchies). The iphone is my fucking problem! And internet on the laptop, and tv, so those are habits I need to shake and just take up reading a book. I didn't know about the EMF's, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Jurassic,
Reactions: Elluzion

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Changing the context of your consumption changes everything
Vape outdoors, breathe some fresh air, in front of the sun

Indoor vaping makes me more anxious and bad stuff like that

Bouldorado

The morning grogginess is precisely the reason why I've cut down my usage. Used to be a few vape bowls a day, now it's evenings only, mostly on Friday, saturday, and sunday in moderation. If I have a light workload on weekdays, I'll vape in extreme moderation (2-3 smaller hits max). 5-6 hrs of sleep + the weed hangover meant I was getting burn out sooner than I'd prefer. This also meant it was harder to focus in the mornings. Neither of these are good, especially with a heavy workload (work+school). It seems smoking to close to bedtime is what induces the grogginess. However, sleeping longer reduces or eliminates the grogginess. This why I feel cannabis essentially robs you of an hour or two of sleep. As such, getting 6 hrs of sleep (as opposed to 8) means you get 4 or 5 in reality.

Since cutting back, I have no problem going without vaping/smoking in regards to sleep. Same with appetite, although there's never really been an issue with that, even with heavy usage. I've always eaten pretty healthy, but during heavy usage I would go on munchie runs and just buy real shit food (candy, fast food, etc). Fast food is completely out now; so is candy/chips for the most part. I haven't gone to a fast food joint in prob 6 months. Fast food has never been a meal staple for me, nor will it ever be, but it was certainly not a good snack. I've also become more concerned with the quality of meat (deplorable in most restaurants).

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Changing the context of your consumption changes everything
Vape outdoors, breathe some fresh air, in front of the sun

Indoor vaping makes me more anxious and bad stuff like that

Great idea! Yeah normally I am tied down being inside with cords and what not, but I am looking into a decent portable to go out and do more outdoor vaping. I had the MFLB, but it just wasn't cutting it for a portable, so the search continues...

The morning grogginess is precisely the reason why I've cut down my usage. Used to be a few vape bowls a day, now it's evenings only, mostly on Friday, saturday, and sunday in moderation. If I have a light workload on weekdays, I'll vape in extreme moderation (2-3 smaller hits max). 5-6 hrs of sleep + the weed hangover meant I was getting burn out sooner than I'd prefer. This also meant it was harder to focus in the mornings. Neither of these are good, especially with a heavy workload (work+school). It seems smoking to close to bedtime is what induces the grogginess. However, sleeping longer reduces or eliminates the grogginess. This why I feel cannabis essentially robs you of an hour or two of sleep. As such, getting 6 hrs of sleep (as opposed to 8) means you get 4 or 5 in reality.

Since cutting back, I have no problem going without vaping/smoking in regards to sleep. Same with appetite, although there's never really been an issue with that, even with heavy usage. I've always eaten pretty healthy, but during heavy usage I would go on munchie runs and just buy real shit food (candy, fast food, etc). Fast food is completely out now; so is candy/chips for the most part. I haven't gone to a fast food joint in prob 6 months. Fast food has never been a meal staple for me, nor will it ever be, but it was certainly not a good snack. I've also become more concerned with the quality of meat (deplorable in most restaurants).

Yeah for me if I vape an hour or two before bed, I get the vape groggy in the morning and normally want to sleep in more. If I vape earlier in the evening say around 6-7pm, I have a good sleep and still am able to dream.

I think the worst part about vaping too late is that I don't end up remembering my dreams in the morning, and dreams are fun (most of the time), so I hate suppressing them.

It is definitely easy to go on heavy munchy runs when you are super high. It makes it harder to think clearly in terms of decision making.

What has really helped me lately is setting what I am going to do high before I even vape. Lately I have been vaping before some meditation sessions, and I feel that it has really helped me hone in on my mind and helps me focus on my inner self. I think it is good to know what you are going to do before you vape (and even eat before) this way you don't end up on the third shelf of the fridge salvaging some crazy combination of things you wouldn't eat sober ha.

Elluzion,

crawdad

floatin
What has really helped me lately is setting what I am going to do high before I even vape. Lately I have been vaping before some meditation sessions, and I feel that it has really helped me hone in on my mind and helps me focus on my inner self. I think it is good to know what you are going to do before you vape (and even eat before) this way you don't end up on the third shelf of the fridge salvaging some crazy combination of things you wouldn't eat sober ha.

set and setting, something i have to remind myself to maintain...ive found it to be quite easy to slip out of that sweet spot that got me into this to begin with if im not paying attention to it (takes about a week or so to take effect but once im out of it, eh). to me its kind of like balancing the recreation and medication. i figure this will get easier as time goes, but if not at least im aware of it. :peace:

crawdad,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I found the same as you did Elluzion. Vaping until right before bed will give me a difficult time getting up the next day and my mornings are spent in a bit of a haze, like when after you wake up but are not fully aware of everything.

I can stop this feelings, improve my mornings and regain my dreaming ability (which is a signal of a good REM phase, which is conected to your memory ability as well. ), if i stop vaporizing around 6hours before going to sleep. I still get diminished results if i vape 2-3h before and i still go to sleep ear

Sadly, last few weeks i have been unable to do this and fallen in my habit of blazing until late, while browsing my latest favorite topic, and my sleep has suffered, as well as my mornings.

I am starting to realize that the ideal way of using cannabis entails a set of rules to ensure no health problems arise:

- To regulate sleep and sleep patterns: stop using cannabis about 6h before bedtime whislt maintaing other healthy habits as no electronics 30min before bedtime, and going to bed early of course.
- To improve learning and information retaining ability: use only after work hours, for regular folks, somewhere around 5pm.
- To maintain tolerance or reduce it: first, the obvious, don't be high all the time; have a day without or using much less; change vaporizers once in a while; don't wake n' bake.

Others come to mind, but you get the idea.. I just feel that, if we become aware of minor changes we can do, we will enjoy cannabis much more.

justcametomind

Vaping outdoors makes me paranoid. I like to vape when home. It reduces the possibility of anything bad happening, like having to talk to someone non-high (your neighbors when coming back home) or pay attention to things. From having to help yourself or someone if something random happens to losing my wallet or phone.
It sucks living in the city.
When stoned I feel like more vulnerable to this sort of things. When I smoked it was worse anyway. .

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
I have to agree with you. Vaping outdoors makes me paranoid. I got harassed by the cops once outside my house over a pipe...Which is why I started vaping..And now Im on a slippery slope.Its hard to make smart healthy choices for yourself when your more concerned about wether you can vape comfortaby all day long ..I know I need to take a break soon. Because I havent for over 6 months now..

Nbajunkie,
Reactions: Roger D

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
When you get a bad experience, try to slow it down, its not necessary to cut it completely to get your tolerance/habit break.
Being outdoors alone makes me paranoid, like you said.. Stuff happens. Definitely the city is the worst. You get too conscious about the insanity around and it is a pain in the head.

Alone in the nature, you can feel like you're living

Chill Dude

I hate to be blunt, but if cannabis doesn't make you feel good and affects your life negatively, then don't use it. MJ probably isn't right for everyone. Right?

I use MJ because it helps enormously with pain, anxiety and insomnia. It makes me feel good and I have no negative side effects other than cotton mouth LOL. If it works use it, if it doesn't .... Then don't use it. Simple as that.....

crawdad

floatin
wish it was always as simple as that, mostly it is but as its said ymmv...and mine does.

crawdad,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I have to agree with you. Vaping outdoors makes me paranoid. I got harassed by the cops once outside my house over a pipe...Which is why I started vaping..And now Im on a slippery slope.Its hard to make smart healthy choices for yourself when your more concerned about wether you can vape comfortaby all day long ..I know I need to take a break soon. Because I havent for over 6 months now..
I was a chronic (all day every day) user for 10 years ... I ended up cutting it back to just casual usage once every week or 2 for a couple years, and this didn't end well for me. My manic phases were way too high ... my depressions were way too low ... I started drinking way too much and ended up with a cigar (Captain Black) smoking habit ...

Ended up deciding cannabis was a much safer, more stable way to go ... comes with its issues, like you said always needing to make sure you can comfortably vape whenever needed wherever needed can be complicated ... a matter of whether the benefits outweigh the problems (like most things in life :))

Tamataz

Icelander
I would recommend taking a couple week's break. I dont suggest vaping other drugs meanwhile, stay sober for the best.

Tamataz,

Pcpvapors

Check out the ethnobotanical thread, there are some nice herbs out there, of course with less intensity but do work well and are very tasty!

Pcpvapors,
Top Bottom