• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis doesn't feel the same anymore..

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
So..this is my story.. I have recently realized that cannabis use has started to demotivate me and affect my life negatively. I also feel as I am in a hazy dream like state all of the time after cannabis use. It is like I am watching myself on auto-pilot all the time. I really enjoy cannabis because I can alter my subconscious state and feel as if I am a part of the universe while being fully penetrated by a third dimension mind fuck we thought could never exist...

Basically, I am looking for ways to alter my subconscious without cannabis... Whether it be vaping other herbs (besides cannabis), or just quitting to use all together? I have also been thinking maybe getting into meditation as an option too,? but idk.. I always want to stop but it makes it so hard when you have a stash and just have the urge to keep coming back to the vape, whether it be caused by the atmosphere of it or the habitual pattern..

Any ideas?

:peace: & <3

*MORE IN MY LAST POST

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Many.. :) .. http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=174
I know about 30 essential oils that are psychadelic in the way that cannabis,mdma,amphetamines etc.. (holy basil,elemi,blue lotus...and many more) and other that are potentiators or inhibitors..
there are 300 + psychadelic plants i've tried :D... I even keep journal..
There are many worth to vape.. and that can give you kick and buzz.. but quite different new and fresh ;).
Not the mention the heavy artilery as Acid,DMT,Psylocin &Psylocibin,Iboga,Bufu.. Kambo(frog on a stick)... nunu ,,, and all the afrikan hunting and dreaming dope :D... I do not recomend the last if you are not that curious ;).
You can pm me or ask in the botanicals thread.. I am happy to answer about effects and usage,dosage of different herbs,extacts .. etc.. :).
------------
BTW essential oils made me regret every poisonous party pill i;ve taken.. They are just so much better with no ill effects other then strong smell in some of them.
I also found that using small amounts of pure concentrates can get me extremely high if i don't abuse.. Cannabis has many essential oils that are as psychadelic as those used in oilhuascas .. (that's why there was a rumor that skunk is more harmful to your brain.. It just gives brighter chem experience IMO but still stinky strains seems to be more of a mindfuk :D) ..
So make it fun.. experiment with various mixes of herbs and extacts.. Also if you save your abv.. I usually make ABV BHO/Qwethanol extraction and do "Cannabinoid fasting".. which means no weed ..justgoing on the other side.. and vape the "other chemical compounds" to get a different experience.

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Thanks for the informative post!

Other than cannabis I have only tried vaping blue lotus, which didn't really do anything for me.

What would you say your top 5 other psychedelic plants are?

I think that I have just gotten bored with cannabis and need to spice it up with something different or a variety of goodies.

Elluzion,
Reactions: Cereal_MF

djonkoman

tibetan singing bowl.
I bought one in rome, we stumbled upon a tibet shop there, they had 2 tables full of different sizes singing bowls wich you could try, eventually I was in there for over an hour with 2 friends, trying the all out enchanted by the sound, eventually bought one of the cheaper smaller ones, talked a little with the shopkeepers after that
we stepped outside and I realized we had been in there for over an hour, and on our way back I noticed I felt really high
that evening me and a few friends were using it in the hotelroom, for only 15 minutes and we all felt kind of high, one of them even got red eyes, it's similar to weed but not the same. it's more philosophical and less laugh-inducing
also we worked together really well, one of those friends can sometimes be a little annoying with bullshit/captain obvious like comments to wich you don't know what to reply, but at that moment I was completely in the zone and ould tolerate anything, and at the same time the effect on him also reduced the annoying behaviour
we had to find our way to piazza da navone, on of us had a book with public transportation routes and maps etc, but it was in another language, don't know of it was just italian or it was spanish or so
anyway we deduced what it meant, some trough latin, found the closest metrostop but was still some walking, well one f those friends always says how he instinctively knows where the wind directions are(oso basically a human compass), so he did that and our cooperation went so well and smooth that we ended up at the piazza da navone without any trouble eventough we didn't even know where it was when we left the hotel

meditation could probably give yu the same effect, but I can't meditate without my tibetan singing bowl, except one time on shrooms(when most of the trip was over)

also nice when you have a clear sky, and not as cold as it is now around here, to stand outside watching the stars while using the singing bowl
also nice to first do some high longboarding then starwatching with my singing bowl

stroh

errl enthusiast
sounds like you could use a break from sweet ole mary, if you are having motivation issues and your life is being affected negatively, a good few weeks or months off might just be the ticket. check out the botanicals thread for a plethora of different vaporizable herbs, also i believe abysmal has a good amount of knowledge regarding other herbs.

stroh,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
djonkoman said:
tibetan singing bowl.
I bought one in rome, we stumbled upon a tibet shop there, they had 2 tables full of different sizes singing bowls wich you could try, eventually I was in there for over an hour with 2 friends, trying the all out enchanted by the sound, eventually bought one of the cheaper smaller ones, talked a little with the shopkeepers after that
we stepped outside and I realized we had been in there for over an hour, and on our way back I noticed I felt really high
that evening me and a few friends were using it in the hotelroom, for only 15 minutes and we all felt kind of high, one of them even got red eyes, it's similar to weed but not the same. it's more philosophical and less laugh-inducing
also we worked together really well, one of those friends can sometimes be a little annoying with bullshit/captain obvious like comments to wich you don't know what to reply, but at that moment I was completely in the zone and ould tolerate anything, and at the same time the effect on him also reduced the annoying behaviour
we had to find our way to piazza da navone, on of us had a book with public transportation routes and maps etc, but it was in another language, don't know of it was just italian or it was spanish or so
anyway we deduced what it meant, some trough latin, found the closest metrostop but was still some walking, well one f those friends always says how he instinctively knows where the wind directions are(oso basically a human compass), so he did that and our cooperation went so well and smooth that we ended up at the piazza da navone without any trouble eventough we didn't even know where it was when we left the hotel

meditation could probably give yu the same effect, but I can't meditate without my tibetan singing bowl, except one time on shrooms(when most of the trip was over)

also nice when you have a clear sky, and not as cold as it is now around here, to stand outside watching the stars while using the singing bowl
also nice to first do some high longboarding then starwatching with my singing bowl

Great info and story :) loved it. It is funny you mention singing bowls because I really connected with one once and could feel all of the energy surging through me, it was amazing,, but at the price tag of $90-100 I wasn't going to buy it at the time, but I will definitely keep an eye on those and try it :)

Elluzion,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I have realized what the problem is.

I am suffering from Depersonalization. My perceived world around me feels like a dream and nothing feels real. Also, my sense of happiness isn't there anymore and is depleting from what it used to be. I blame this on HIGH THC strains. I feel that since it isn't natural to produce such high THC levels I am experiencing these symptoms and my high will never be the same. I cannot achieve the same "fun" high that I used to have a year ago.

I need to be sober for more than 2-3 weeks because I haven't had a break more than that in 1.5 years.

At this point I want to quit using cannabis fully and maybe look toward soberness for now and see if I can feel "normal" again like I used to and not in a dream state.

I really enjoyed cannabis for it's ways that it can open your mind and change your sense of reality from this fucked up world, but at the same time, it isn't worth being in this state.

I am quitting cold turkey at this point and going to start exercising/running a lot and trying to eat as healthy as possible and see if I can pull myself out of this, but I don't see myself gravitating back toward cannabis.

I found this talk forum based on this issue and there are A LOT of people also experience the feelings I have, to a T.

Depersonalization and permanent anxiety from cannabis

It was this article and my abnormal psychology class that made me realize what is going on at the moment. Luckily I have caught it early in my cannabis use and hope to reverse my feelings.

Anyone else ever experienced something like this? thanks for reading my story btw.

crawdad

floatin
i've been without break for roughly the same amount of time now, which is my longest run yet.

from reading just a couple of those posts you linked it sounds like the solution would be to back off the amount in a session, let your mind and body get readjusted to a lower level so it can explore a more familiar level...i can experience the same things mentioned in that linked thread when i overdo it, for me its actually pretty easy so it keeps me on my toes. i suppose cold turkey would work but im not sure id enjoy that process, perhaps its best for some though.

a few times i over did it back to back which was freaky, and did put me into a funk for a while, out of session. so the following sessions i would take a light to medium hit and wait for at least 20 minutes before i took another hit (no matter how small or low thc, always wait). and i kept that routine for at least a week, it felt like i was retraining myself the ritual and retraining my mind and body to react the way i wanted to a lesser amount. ymmv.

when it comes to those things that bring you down, well sometimes its not about figuring it all out, sometimes you got to let go of an experience and just not dwell on it like its supposed to provide the ultimate prize for figuring it out...when i got in my funks id loop endlessly on a certain aspect of the experience and just spiral...sometimes ya gotta jump out of that.

anyway, that's been my experience, hope it made sense lol...best to you. :peace:

djonkoman

haven't read that link you provided yet, but maybe this is your problem:
I really enjoyed cannabis for it's ways that it can open your mind and change your sense of reality from this fucked up world, but at the same time, it isn't worth being in this state.
fleeing fro the fucked up world with something that alters you is never good, and I think especially cannabis isn't suitable for this. alcohol would probably help better(but, with that reason you would have a high chance of turning into an alcoholicI think, so I wouldn't advice it)

one of the reasons I liked cannabis at first(and still do) is the opposite of yours, that I can get the fullest enjoyment out of life, that simple things you ignore usually since you're so used to them get specia again
like a sunset, it's beautifull but if you see it everyday you get used to it and it won't be as beautifull anymore, but then you get high and see that same sunset again and you realise how wonderfull it actually is. it's like regaining some of your inner kid, look at the world wth new eyes/a clean slate, out of the box you constructed yourself troughut your life
but IMO this also works the other way. troughout your life yopu also learn to block out negative things, like how fucked up socity is. not that you don't think it's fucked up anymore, you just get used to it being fucked up. but then you get some cannabis, you look at it woth fresh eyes and realize again how fucked up it is, removing that blockage you created

I think this is strongest with sativa's(I also like sativa's most), and it's a lot stronger with psychedelics, wich is why I consider cannabis a mild psychedelic(next to the other things it is)(I've only tried shrooms tough)

this can be very usefull, to keep perspective on things that are wrong and to not get caught up in it, but you also have to focus on the nice things there are in life. like how beautifull nature is, and how there are so much nice people eventough society is fucked up, and how some people may be caught up into society and at first you get a bad impression of them, but then you take the time to get to know them and discover they're actually very nice

I got my tibetan singing bowl for 20 euro btw, that shop in rome had a lot of different ones, cheapest was 20, but there were also bigger, much more expensive ones. the one I bought was actually 10 euro more as what I payed, but one of the shopkeepers offered to sell it to me for less. those shopkeepers were really awesome btw, after I bought it and payed we kept talking for a little while, about modern society and the dalai lama
that shop really was kind of an island where time didn't matter

one of the great things about the singingbowl effect is also that you get really tolerant, and very good in working together, really positive and cooperative.

djonkoman,
Reactions: sunsett70

Abysmal Vapor

Top five psychadelic plants (Strong effects )

1: Ayahuascha brew/yopo snuff (quick aya) (no matter which).. this shit is kickin ass for 3 days and after that you feel like god for 2-3 months :D
2: Wild cubensis (There is a lot growing around here in 1900 m height :). )
3:Nutmeg oil .... WOW .. Mindfuck + much love and visuals.. What more can i want ? Its like combing a lil E and Acid in some way..
4: HWBR fractal strain A + only !
5: Amanita muscaria (Get ready to jump in the gnome world)
Those are hardies.. but they teach the hardest lessons
-------------------------------
Top five psychadelic plants (pleasant effets)

1 :Elemi oil + 2 g chamomile tea(it is neede for inhibition) Reminds me of good old bitter mescaline on its effects but far more pleasant in taste :).
2:Sweet Basil oil + 2 g chamomile (Methoxyamphetamine) Speed but less psychadelic version of the elemi trip . I usually combine with 1ml elemi + 2 ml basil + 2-3 g tea of chamomile.. to get best of both worlds :).
3:Shrooms :)
4:Absinth brew
5:Blue lotus oil (reminds a bit of love pills but without is not speedy but a bit sedative.. Reduces nausea atm.. I used many times when i was about to have puke-a-rama..
-------------
To add others i don't regret trying but are bit exotic and hard to find around here.
All the afrikan hunting dope.. The Nunu snuff , The Uzar, Ubalwuwu , Kamboo sticks (thats a frog sap on a stick not a plant), Iboga , Oliloqui,Mescal bean, :Wild Dagga extract/ Wormwood hash/ Lettuce opium ,Lotos extract (resin) ,
-----------
I will stop and share a forum with you that will get you as high as ever... There are experienced trippers which are exploring the very depths and the tiny alterations of everything that happens in their minds.
I have tied LSA many times.. but But never tripped so well before i read this..
Yeah cinnamon makes a lot of difference.. It is almost an universal potentiator with most essential oils and some other stuff.
Browse around i am sure smth will pop to drag your attention :p.
Anyway i've aways favor "mother acid" cuz it it can be everything you want + extra :D .. For personal crysis it might be a bubble burster :p (that's in case you are not the type of person that doesnt freakouts when everything changes in parts of seconds and you can be both overflown by your "possible future pasts")

Abysmal Vapor

Well i guess both would work.. if are foodgrade :). You better ask.. :)
White lotus didn't get me much effects..Tried the pink one but not oil just a fresh flower.. with medium effects :).
By the way the 20x extract and the resin are very effective too even when smoked/vaped.

Abysmal Vapor,

lwien

TriiKLe said:
Hey Elluzion,

Cannabis like all drugs do NOT make bad things good.

Cannabis does make good things great.

You got to be fit and happy with out it .

Get a natural high first.

Mary Jane is just a travel buddy.:2c:

Wisely said. :tup:

lwien,

SmokingElectricity

i take breaks more often now. not t-breaks. just breaks. yeah my nerves are shot for a few days but there is more to life then just vaping.

i vape daily for 2 weeks, then take a week or two off.

definitely helps with the issues that Elluzion was describing.

also i'm just that more excited when i get a new batch. :D

i cannot recommend any alternate substances to vape.

lwien

Kinda along the same line in regards to those that are using MJ for medical reasons.

It is a well known fact that for those that are on prescription pain drugs to relieve pain issues can become addicted to those drugs and that when one tries to ween themselves off of them, that it becomes VERY hard to distinguish the difference between pain related to outside of the realm from the drugs themselves and pain related to the actual withdrawal of those drugs.

To a certain extent, the same thing holds true for medical MJ. While it may be totally appropriate to address issues like sleep disturbances, appetite suppression, nausea, and pain related issues with the use of MJ, the question then becomes how long does one use MJ to relieve those symptoms and how many decide to ween themselves off of MJ because they believe that MJ has done it's job and is no longer needed, only to come back to using MJ because the symptoms reappear with cessation when in actuality, those symptoms have come back because of the continued use of MJ to address those issues and that if they gave they're cessation of MJ a chance, like 2 to 3 weeks rather than 5 to 6 days, they would find that they no longer required the use of MJ to address those issues (now THAT was a run-on sentence.......lol)

I'm not suggesting that MJ is addictive like prescription meds, but I am suggesting that the reappearance of symptoms after cessation may be because your brain has become used to MJ to address those issues even if the original causes of those symptoms no longer exist.

How many legitimate medical users have crossed over to the recreational side without even knowing that they did and still claim that they are medical users? Quite a bit, I would think.

NiceLungs

Account Closed
Hi Elluzion,

Please note I am no psychiatrist or psychologist, but I do have a graduate degree in psychology and a degree in chemical dependency.

I have experienced depersonalization in high school when I smoked wwwaaayyyy too much herb. I recall my body kinda telling me to slow down, get some exercise and better sleep etc. I ignored it and continued to smoke ungodly amounts of weed. I remember the anxious haze that my world had become and I didn't like it. Like you are experiencing, I just really didn't feel right and almost in a dream world.. Fortunately there is a very simple remedy and that is cessation from cannabis. Within around a month you should be feeling like your normal self again. A couple of pointers I have to help you along your journey:

1. Healthy eating
2. Regular sleeping habits, similar bedtime and sleeptime ~8 hours
3. Plenty of exercise, get the blood flowing with cardio and anaerobic exercise like weights
4. Simple, time proven meditation like http://www.natural-stress-relief.com/

It is just cannabis but excessive use of anything can be bad for our bodies. Cannabis affects sleep cycles and REM, dreaming, eating habits, motivation for physical exercise etc.

If you are having difficulty don't hesitate to see a mental health professional. Don't read too much shit on the internet and self diagnose. Chances are you will feel great if you stop smoking, eat good, exercise regularly and sleep well. Your brain and body are very resilient vessels and should detoxify on their own :)

This all seems like a simple regimen because it really is. Depersonalization is a real, yet temporary affliction and you should be feeling better soon enough man.

EDIT: Oh yeah if you decide to get back into it, cut back on chiefing during the day and try to keep it to a 2-3 nights a week thing when your work is done. Stick with mellow-ass Indica strains like legit kush's and afghanis. CBD has been shown to mediate the effects of THC.

Good luck!

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Thanks everyone for all of their informative responses. I am glad that FC is such a great community and very supportive.

I don't know if I am stopping for good, but I feel as if I need a decent break to recharge.

I feel that 2-3 nights a week is a good time frame for using cannabis without being severely debilitated during the day or during the week. Lately I feel as if I can only use cannabis maybe 2 times a week, but I still get the depersonalization feeling during the other parts of the week. I am using some very strong Sour Diesel though, so that may be the culprit. I know Sour Diesel is a strong sativa, but unfortunately I don't really have much choice on what bud I can get at the moment.

My ideal would be Organic Outdoor grown Indica, but no clue where to acquire that and I can't grow it myself at the moment.

***Edit***: had about 6 days off and just vaped some low mids of unknown strain my buddy grows (he called it joint rolling weed) luckily I can get some use out of it maybe. I have been vaping mainly TOP SHELF sour diesel with super high THC, and seeing if some mids will help how I feel the next couple of days. This is an experiment.

Will report back on if it helps! Feeling great so far, using my SSS Aromazap, the high isn't "over the top" like it normally is with the Sour Diesel. Also it has wider leaves so I was hoping maybe it was an Indica because I feel that Sativas are WAYY too stimulating and night and that is normally when I vape so who knows.

Also, I am not sure if this has any effect on how high I get back I always hold my hits in for about 30 seconds, sometimes blowing out and in a few times. This has jsut been my way of always doing it, but do you guys think I would benefit from maybe just holding the hits in for maybe 5-10 seconds and blowing it out opposed to holding it in? My thoughts behind this is that I am getting more absorption of THC by holding it in longer (I know this has been long debated)

Elluzion,

crawdad

floatin
well for me a rather potent indica is having similar effects in how im handling it. the urkle, love it but its creeped me into a similar place so its either i just stop and let my body readjust or a tone it down...neither are easy at this point, but i suppose when i run out that matter will solve itself. its a learning process for sure and even though its been a hurdle i cant say im not enjoying it. :lol:

crawdad,

NiceLungs

Account Closed
I remember puffin on Sour D and that shit is definitely sativa dominant and gave a wild head high. Some landrace type indicas generally have that CBD you could be looking for. Afghani #1, Master Kush, Afghan Kush, Black Domina... Try those. Theres that new high CBD Harlequin strain I believe...

NiceLungs,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Why not do both?

Do what GreenLeaf said, and start again with some indica and leave the sativas for a while. The THC/CBN ratio in the sativas is usually much higher than in indicas, and vaping does not decrease the ratio like with combusting. And it is the THC that gives you that bad feeling now, because of its psychedelic properties.

vorrange,

crawdad

floatin
ya, i just think backing off is far easier than cold turkey, for me its a matter of "i can do it" vs "i know it ain't happening". im finally back to evenings only (which is how i started and LOVED), and i wait till its been literally 24 hours...im pretty much back to where i want to be now and it didnt take long, ymmv of course.

i also sometimes forget that going into a session with a direct purpose or expectancy is not exactly a good recipe for pure enjoyment, its not a guaranteed failure mind you but over and over again like that i think sets you up for this "ok, next one must be higher...and then higher...etc" you eventually max out sort of, least i know i can or at least after the 5th bowl within an hour and half you start to wonder just what in the hell you are doing using that much just to get elevated. :peace:

[ot] the sky was awesome last night btw. :o jupiter and venus are getting closer and closer together from our perspective in the universe. (link)

crawdad,

Bleezy

Burn without Fire
I feel like this whenever I smoke heavy, which is pretty much always. I would describe it simply as "being out of my element." I start to feel more and more 'normal' after taking a few days off, starting on the first day. I personally have come to enjoy this state, but that is because I know that I can get back to normal after a while. You'll probably feel the same when you see that for yourself. My first time noticing this had me tripppping lol, I said I was going to quit and everything. Then, I got my rhythm back and saw that it was nothing permanent, so I started back. No need to quit completely unless you really want to :2c:.

Bleezy,
Reactions: Jurassic
Top Bottom