Camouflet Convector

coolbreeze

Does the cap fit over a dyna tip or is it too wide or narrow? Anyone have the inner diameter of the cap?
It does fit over a DV tip. It is pretty loose, though, almost like a captive cap without the indents: it slips off when inverted. Fits best on the M+ tip. Not sure it'll work, but I can try it later.

harmando

It does fit over a DV tip. It is pretty loose, though, almost like a captive cap without the indents: it slips off when inverted. Fits best on the M+ tip. Not sure it'll work, but I can try it later.
Thanks for quick reply... Was trying to see if I could get away with getting just the cap and putting it on a dyna tip for the convection roast... Have too many dyna tips and stems... Might just get the tip and cap without the stem

coolbreeze

Thanks for quick reply... Was trying to see if I could get away with getting just the cap and putting it on a dyna tip for the convection roast... Have too many dyna tips and stems... Might just get the tip and cap without the stem
Sound, I think. That's where the magic happens and the stem can be gotten later, if desired. It's kinda cool how they fit each other's gear and compliment each other and don't really compete.

Camouflet

Manufacturer
420 soon approaches, we're celebrating our first year with a "Buy One Get One Free" Special on Convector Kits and Parts!

Place two of the same item in your cart and use code "Convector" at checkout.

As always, Early Access members can apply and combine their unique discount code. This code will only work for EA members.

Please email us if you encounter any issues or need assistance placing your order.

leanpubpackage

420 soon approaches, we're celebrating our first year with a "Buy One Get One Free" Special on Convector Kits and Parts!

Place two of the same item in your cart and use code "Convector" at checkout.

As always, Early Access members can apply and combine their unique discount code. This code will only work for EA members.

Please email us if you encounter any issues or need assistance placing your order.
Do you anticipate an update to the chamber and cap in the near future?

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I know this a wildly subjective question but I'm considering pulling the trigger if the "taste profile" due to the turbulent heater from the convector is significantly different from DV or Dani tips since I own both in SS and titanium.

Does the ceramic cooler add that much to the equation? Bottom line, do you find the experience much different (hopefully better) than other competing devices in this space and is it worth having in your rotation.

seriousTone

The taste profile is way better than a dynavap and, at lower temps, maybe slightly better than a dani fusion - if not equal.

I will say I've been reaching for my convector over the dani fusion the last week but I use fusion for mtl hits so they're quite different vapes for me.

Ceramic condenser is VERY cooling and one of my favorite things about the convector.

Sativapo

Same questions here.. from what I read taste is top notch but there is a matter with evenness/ fulness of extraction if you don't "cheat" heating it lower, conduction style, in the end to cash a bowl dark brown ? 2 caps and tips for 60 seems a good deal..

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Thanks for the feedback, but I have one last curveball of a question here. Just received some all-glass vapcaps from PTGlass and I'm loving the taste. There is some draw restriction but it's not bad at all, for me. The taste is, well.... it's glass 'nuff said. The only thing missing is the convection action as I think these glass tips are mostly conduction.

I reach for the glass tips over most of my other dynvap kit these days. Can the Convector compete?

Edit: Just ordered the tip and cap and I'll try it with a BB9 for cooling to approximate the ceramic. Small investment to test it.

Last edited:

seriousTone

Can't help you with that one, I never even knew such things existed.

I would think at least the first couple hits at least would still taste better just because they're true convection.

seriousTone,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Can't help you with that one, I never even knew such things existed.
Neither did I until about a month ago. A bit of a flavor chaser myself so I had to try them. They're pretty sweet and you can check out the thread here.
I would think at least the first couple hits at least would still taste better just because they're true convection.
I'm hoping for good things based on what I've read in the thread. I own an AVLP that uses convection with a mostly glass/ceramic airpath and I love it. Planning to pair the tips I bought (thank you 4/20 BOGO!) with a BB9 and see how that goes.

seriousTone

Very interesting, so you're just heating the glass bowl around the herb and then inhaling?

It would be AWESOME to have an all ceramic convector tip/cap/heat exchangers inside as well. Don't know if that's possible at all though

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Very interesting, so you're just heating the glass bowl around the herb and then inhaling?

It would be AWESOME to have an all ceramic convector tip/cap/heat exchangers inside as well. Don't know if that's possible at all though
Yeah, you need a DV cap (or something metal if you're using an IH) to complete the heating part so you have the temp clicking and the cap provides the heat but everything else is glass, including the glass screen. It's super tasty.

I guess for torch use you could maybe not even use a cap! Or use a torch on a ceramic or glass cap. I'm just not a torch guy.

It's sort of really close to a BAKx except the heat source (DV cap) is in the vapor path whereas in the BAKx it's exterior to the glass.

leanpubpackage

I ordered just the cap and chamber as I wasn't too fond of the stock stem. Did a thorough cleaning and paired it with a glass 3D dimpled stem for the vapcap. Be sure to clean the cap, as mine had a lot of machining dust. I actually wonder if there's dust that can't be cleaned between the plates of the cap.

Did about 11 second heat up right at the tip of the cap with the Roxs torch and combusted immediately. Dropped it down to 7 the second try and got a nice terpy hit. The terps go away after the first hit, but the first hit is really flavorful. The signature is very similar to that of a Milaana 3, but with an easier learning curve.

The cap cools down quickly and so I don't anticipate seeing myself using this through water. Native is fine but the vapor can get hot towards the end of the session.

I'd say it's worth the buy. Steal at the bogo price. Won't be a daily but absolutely worth keeping around as a taster/ritual vape.

Last edited:
Top Bottom