Brilliant Cut Grinder

whatitdew

Vapes R Great

Sean-C

I just ordered my first Brilliant Cut Grinder and I am so stoked! I missed out on an Onyx/Silver/Onyx factory second around Black Friday and I saw a Ruby/Onyx/Silver w/Medium Plate factory second and I got the last one! 😎

Do factory second BGC's ship immediately? Or are they a 5 week wait too?
I got the Chit Chats Tracked shipping in hopes that it's faster shipping than the other shipping options aside from Xpress shipping. When I looked it up, it said 2 to 4 day delivery average, but does it take extra time for the package to get to Chit Chats to begin with? I'm not familiar with Chit Chats so any info would be awesome! Has anyone here had experience with Chit Chats shipping to CA?

I wanted a Large BCG at first but the 5 to 6 week wait was too long since I need a new grinder asap. My Sharpstone is getting metal flakes in my ground bud now and it's a pain to pick it all out lol. Is the regular size BCG around the same size as a Large Santa Cruz Shredder? Or is it at least bigger than the Medium SCC?

Also, I got the Medium grind plate. Would you guys say that the Medium plate is comparable to the Santa Cruz Shredder grind consistency? And if not, which plate would you guys say is closest to the grind consistency of a SCC? A friend of mine has a SCC and I love the grind consistency but the BCG seems more premium and like an endgame grinder and I figured why not just get one now so I don't have to upgrade later! It's better to invest a little more money now into something really high quality that will last for a long time, in order to save even more in the long run!

Any input is appreciated!😁

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I just ordered my first Brilliant Cut Grinder and I am so stoked! I missed out on an Onyx/Silver/Onyx factory second around Black Friday and I saw a Ruby/Onyx/Silver w/Medium Plate factory second and I got the last one! 😎

Do factory second BGC's ship immediately? Or are they a 5 week wait too?
I got the Chit Chats Tracked shipping in hopes that it's faster shipping than the other shipping options aside from Xpress shipping. When I looked it up, it said 2 to 4 day delivery average, but does it take extra time for the package to get to Chit Chats to begin with? I'm not familiar with Chit Chats so any info would be awesome! Has anyone here had experience with Chit Chats shipping to CA?

I wanted a Large BCG at first but the 5 to 6 week wait was too long since I need a new grinder asap. My Sharpstone is getting metal flakes in my ground bud now and it's a pain to pick it all out lol. Is the regular size BCG around the same size as a Large Santa Cruz Shredder? Or is it at least bigger than the Medium SCC?

Also, I got the Medium grind plate. Would you guys say that the Medium plate is comparable to the Santa Cruz Shredder grind consistency? And if not, which plate would you guys say is closest to the grind consistency of a SCC? A friend of mine has a SCC and I love the grind consistency but the BCG seems more premium and like an endgame grinder and I figured why not just get one now so I don't have to upgrade later! It's better to invest a little more money now into something really high quality that will last for a long time, in order to save even more in the long run!

Any input is appreciated!😁

Welcome to FC! I just posted about the shipping if you skim backwards for precise timing, but you will have it in a week or two, likely somewhere in between... Look up the size of those grinders to get a sense of the size? I don't know what they are sized for so you should just look that up lol The regular BCG is small, compact but not too small, it was a step down from what I was used to at the time, but it was so much better because you could load more and turn smoothly easily, I like to grind upside down for a more consistent grind regardless, but if the medium is not ground upside down at all then yeah I would say that's pretty similar except it is better in the BCG more consistent, better teeth and holes imo

Sean-C

Welcome to FC! I just posted about the shipping if you skim backwards for precise timing, but you will have it in a week or two, likely somewhere in between...
Nice! That's great to hear, I was worried it'd be a long shipping time like the ordering a new one lol. Which shipping option did you it up using? And what general city or state was it shipped to??

Shit Snacks

Nice! That's great to hear, I was worried it'd be a long shipping time like the ordering a new one lol. Which shipping option did you it up using? And what general city or state was it shipped to??

I said what I said because it was the same as what you said .... :tup:

Sean-C

I said what I said because it was the same as what you said .... :tup:
Ahhh I gotchu brother! 😀👍 I appreciate your reply and the help with the info!

Do you possibly have a lead on any companies that make mouthpieces that are compatible with the original condenser/Simrell Intercooler?

All of the mouthpieces I've seen so far need an XL condenser (which I don't think will work with the Simrell Intercooler) or they're attached to the Condenser completely.

Shit Snacks

Ahhh I gotchu brother! 😀👍 I appreciate your reply and the help with the info!

Do you possibly have a lead on any companies that make mouthpieces that are compatible with the original condenser/Simrell Intercooler?

All of the mouthpieces I've seen so far need an XL condenser (which I don't think will work with the Simrell Intercooler) or they're attached to the Condenser completely.

Hah a no problem, sorry I don't mess with that vapcap stuff, I would look to the rogue wax works though? you can post in ask FC or the simrell thread if there is one, g'luck!

Sean-C

Hah a no problem, sorry I don't mess with that vapcap stuff, I would look to the rogue wax works though? you can post in ask FC or the simrell thread if there is one, g'luck!
No worries my friend! I appreciate your replies and I figured it was worth an ask lol. I posted in the Dynavap thread but I didn't think to post in Ask FC or the Simrell thread. I'll definitely do that too, thanks for the suggestion! 😁

minasch

I'm in the same position. Mine been in Us export warehouse for 10 days. No update in tracking since 2nd
Mine is now in the US. But 12 days without any movement is crazy. I doubt that the grinder will arrive till Christmas or even this year. USPS was definitely faster, but have to say that I never ordered from US at Christmastime.
I think yours will also move soon.

Summer

Long Island, NY

Sir Wibble

Mine is now in the US. But 12 days without any movement is crazy. I doubt that the grinder will arrive till Christmas or even this year. USPS was definitely faster, but have to say that I never ordered from US at Christmastime.
I think yours will also move soon.
Had an update today ,its in California . But when it moves from there I will update you

Sir Wibble

I have ordered another 2 (one large, one regular) as gifts. I’m asking myself if I should add a coarse plate for myself. Is there anybody who benefits from the coarse plate using the TM or Tafée? Thx in advance!
I use a Tinymight and ordered a medium plate. As think it may be best all round. If I want finer just turn and grind upside down.

Had an update today ,its in California . But when it moves from there I will update you
My UK carrier has now accepted the tracking, its still in US but things are deffo moving .

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I use a Tinymight and ordered a medium plate. As think it may be best all round. If I want finer just turn and grind upside down.
I don't have a course plate but I do think I will get one for the TM specifically. The medium is ok but better for other devices, imo. I use a Flower Mill with the course plate for the TM and Mi3. Although sometimes I just snip off a calyxes. To each his own.

Shit Snacks

I have ordered another 2 (one large, one regular) as gifts. I’m asking myself if I should add a coarse plate for myself. Is there anybody who benefits from the coarse plate using the TM or Tafée? Thx in advance!

I don't have a course plate but I do think I will get one for the TM specifically. The medium is ok but better for other devices, imo. I use a Flower Mill with the course plate for the TM and Mi3. Although sometimes I just snip off a calyxes. To each his own.

Yeah in my experience the medium plate can be pretty coarse if you do not grind upside down at all, I know have the coarse plate and extra chunky, I've been grinding those upside down at first to help with consistency too, it's a different experience, could be fun to mix things up in the TM and TB, those two in particular can handle any type of grind consistency really... But yeah the medium plate is very versatile!

Sean-C

They added more factory seconds and there are some Large ones available now!!

I ended up seeing that they had the color combo available that I would've ordered custom so, I couldn't pass up the opportunity and I ordered one right away!

Does anyone know if you're able to cancel orders if they haven't shipped out yet? I definitely can't afford both right now but I was honestly settling for the other color combo I was getting and I was really bummed I missed out on the one I really wanted when it was available on Black Friday. I emailed Grinders For Life about cancelling my first order right after placing my new order so, I'm hoping it's an easy situation to resolve.

Has anyone else here had experience with having to cancel an order through Grinders For Life before??

vapviking

Old & In the Way
They added more factory seconds and there are some Large ones available now!!

I ended up seeing that they had the color combo available that I would've ordered custom so, I couldn't pass up the opportunity and I ordered one right away!

Does anyone know if you're able to cancel orders if they haven't shipped out yet? I definitely can't afford both right now but I was honestly settling for the other color combo I was getting and I was really bummed I missed out on the one I really wanted when it was available on Black Friday. I emailed Grinders For Life about cancelling my first order right after placing my new order so, I'm hoping it's an easy situation to resolve.

Has anyone else here had experience with having to cancel an order through Grinders For Life before??
I did not return or cancel, but I can fully endorse the cs, this is a family business that is doing cs right, I don't think you'll have a hard time at all, up until shipping.

Michel

Yeah in my experience the medium plate can be pretty coarse if you do not grind upside down at all, I know have the coarse plate and extra chunky, I've been grinding those upside down at first to help with consistency too, it's a different experience, could be fun to mix things up in the TM and TB, those two in particular can handle any type of grind consistency really... But yeah the medium plate is very versatile!
I’m mostly concerned the grind isn’t as consistent with the coarse plate compared to the medium one. I own a Flower Mill which I like very much, but it’s disturbing the grind varies from broken calyxes to gunpowder, accumulating at the bottom of the FM base. I thought the coarse BCG plate would be a good alternative to the regular FM.
As you see, @Shit Snacks, you healed my VAS by leading me to the TM (thank you once again), but I suffer from a severe case of GAS now …

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
My regular BCG showed up today (8 days from when I got the complete notice for those tracking); it is positively adorable! And I mean that in the best possible way! Going from the large to the regular makes it seem so small and pocketable, and yet the footprint of the grind plate on the regular is still bigger than my old favorite Big Chief. It’s perfect for solo nights; and it’s big brother is perfect when I have company!

83A70934-99A3-4834-ACA2-E1E501318793.jpeg

C8E76854-41F8-471F-806F-7100C23FEBAC.jpeg

1A49FB22-DF2C-40BE-BFE1-9A7ADA9B53DD.jpeg

Shit Snacks

I’m mostly concerned the grind isn’t as consistent with the coarse plate compared to the medium one.

Well, it's really relative to the herbs you are using and how you load the grinder too, I wouldn't say it's not as consistent, because like I said when I grind with the medium and no upside down grinding, I find it to be more coarse but still pretty consistent, though there's always the chance of a larger piece falling through the hole depending how you load and such... Even using the fine plate, I like to grind upside down for even more consistency, but technically you're ending up with more finely ground, than more chunks, so technically either way it's not going to be fully consistent per se? But yeah the larger the holes are, the more chance something that is not ground could fall through, just be careful with how you load it and use it, is all. If you find the medium plate to be consistent the way you use it, I would not be too worried about the coarse plate not being consistent enough for you, I think you may be surprised how you enjoy it!

I own a Flower Mill which I like very much, but it’s disturbing the grind varies from broken calyxes to gunpowder, accumulating at the bottom of the FM base. I thought the coarse BCG plate would be a good alternative to the regular FM.

Yeah the FM is great, and unique, not like any other grinder, not really a grinder at all, but yeah I do not get such a consistent grind there with the standard or coarse plate, need to be using one of the fine plates for that in my experience, but again it can depend how you load and use it, for me and my style in general the BCG is a bit more consistent... Particularly now that I have the coarse and extra chunky plates to compare, yeah I would say it is a more consistent coarse grind for me, though it is also more grinded if that makes sense, since the BCG is more of a traditional grinder?? But that is also because I like to go a little upside down of course!

As you see, @Shit Snacks, you healed my VAS by leading me to the TM (thank you once again), but I suffer from a severe case of GAS now …

Haha my pleasure, yeah it's hard to really cure any of these, I've been told not to buy things specifically and then I still had to buy them for myself only to confirm I should not have! If you do want more VAS, fantastic pair for the TM is the FW7, and cloud connoisseur for plug-in...

Meanwhile I cannot seem to conquer my own GrAS (still working on the GlAS) because I am so tempted to get another factory second now that there are more large available, amethyst, which there are only medium plate versions of, and that is what I already have with my hematite and amber plate, would rather a large fine plate, to help justify it further, but even so... Damn it why :rofl:

Top Bottom