Brilliant Cut Grinder

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Yeah I definitely need more time with it, but first use was pretty great, the height is the same as the original, it is just wider so I could fully palm it to grind very quick, quite comfortable for me, seems like very nice ergonomics! This is now also the largest grinder I own, but it doesn't feel oversized.
yeah better feel in the palm does sound nice, maybe I can use my regular sized one as a travel grinder along with the Zam if I get an large one of these

cannasoor

So about 6 months ago, Grinders for Life posted in a reddit/r/vaporents thread about their new vaporizer in the works (which I noted in this thread in a post here, just for the record).

I was sorta kinda hoping that they might have released it as part of the 420 celebration, but I have seen no news.

Does anyone know whatever happened to the (rumored? promised?) Grinders for Life vape? :huh: :shrug:
(But, y'know, don't go breakin' any NDAs or anything on account of us all, OK?)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Possible Stainless Steel BCG?

Someone just shared this email on Reddit. I just ordered the large too. Oh well, I'll be preordering this one too, so I hope it will come in large also.

Yes we've been discussing it a bit in here, confirmation for 2.5-in size, between the regular and the large, so can get them all!

I think that size is a nice happy medium, especially because steel is going to be much more expensive, although now that I have the large in person I must say it is a pretty fantastic size despite my initial reservations.

Wishing I had joined the three plate club with it now though... Sapphire coarse plate and Ruby fine plate... Oh well, maybe someday...

MikeRotchHertz

Yes we've been discussing it a bit in here, confirmation for 2.5-in size, between the regular and the large, so can get them all!

I think that size is a nice happy medium, especially because steel is going to be much more expensive, although now that I have the large in person I must say it is a pretty fantastic size despite my initial reservations.

Wishing I had joined the three plate club with it now though... Sapphire coarse plate and Ruby fine plate... Oh well, maybe someday...
Specification wise the large doesn't sound that much larger but it sure looks it. I bet it will have some heft to it in SS. Funny I went with a single plate this time because I've only been using the medium lately. At some point I got lazy switching between med and fine, and I don't use coarse too often.

I wonder what a realistic date might be for a release

Shit Snacks

Specification wise the large doesn't sound that much larger but it sure looks it. I bet it will have some heft to it in SS. Funny I went with a single plate this time because I've only been using the medium lately. At some point I got lazy switching between med and fine, and I don't use coarse too often.

I wonder what a realistic date might be for a release

Yeah in person it doesn't look or feel too much larger either, which is what I like about it, I think 2.75 in was a good call instead of going up closer to to 3 inches, the top pieces do have noticeably more heft, so I'm sure the stainless steel version will feel especially hefty!

Yeah I still like the idea of having another complete BCG instead of just swapping a plate, having to store the spare plate somewhere else, and of course you can get a fine grind upside down, but I think I probably will have to get a coarse plate to try at some point, perhaps in the regular size as well as the large size in fact...

I think fall is the rough estimate for steel, but I'm not sure if that means shipping in fall or pre-ordering? We shall see soon enough, I'm sure they will do an official announcement in the near future if they are being upfront about it via email

Last edited:

Dadoc04

5.5 more weeks.....

Donald Glover Waiting GIF

Shit Snacks

Not sure this will help make the wait easier or more difficult, but my next run I ground some fresh moist blueberry gelato herbs last night, only upside down for a turn or so, loaded pretty full though it was quick and smooth of course!

PXL-20210421-101446179.jpg

PXL-20210421-101816287.jpg

Tough part about being able to grind more, is that when you do it means more time before you can use it again! So maybe I will just get an entire second large BCG with coarse plate next? Overkilling :freak:

Last edited:

webtroter

Not sure this will help make the wait easier or more difficult, but my next run I ground some fresh moist blueberry gelato herbs last night, only upside down for a turn or so, loaded pretty full though it was quick and smooth of course!

PXL-20210421-101446179.jpg

PXL-20210421-101816287.jpg

Tough part about being able to grind more, is that when you do it means more time before you can use it again! So maybe I will just get an entire second large BCG with coarse plate next? Overkilling :freak:

I think it made the wait worst. At least for me. I just added an order for a third plate, and I haven't even received my initial order yet...

Ordered a Large BCG Onyx with fine plate, and a D-Capper. 4 weeks later, I ask them to add an hematite coarse plate. And today, I added the Amber medium plate.

I haven't decided, but I might buy the stainless steel one when it comes out... maybe...

If y'all must know, the BCG is gonna be my first 3-piece grinder. I have been using a large 2-piece Santa Cruz Shredder for many years now. I'm very happy with it, but I felt like I needed an upgrade.

Shit Snacks

I think it made the wait worst. At least for me. I just added an order for a third plate, and I haven't even received my initial order yet...

Ordered a Large BCG Onyx with fine plate, and a D-Capper. 4 weeks later, I ask them to add an hematite coarse plate. And today, I added the Amber medium plate.

I haven't decided, but I might buy the stainless steel one when it comes out... maybe...

If y'all must know, the BCG is gonna be my first 3-piece grinder. I have been using a large 2-piece Santa Cruz Shredder for many years now. I'm very happy with it, but I felt like I needed an upgrade.

Sorry not sorry! I guess your time will come soon enough though, I think you're going to love it coming from that SCS two piece! Nice color choices and good idea getting the full set, still sort of kicking myself for not getting sapphire coarse plate and ruby fine plate with mine... Last night I ground up some very dense moist cake mix herbs, without any upside down grinding (like a two-piece), and it is pretty nicely coarse with my amber medium plate, though I am still curious about that coarse plate so I really should have known, again!

i think the tinymight wpa is just fragile, its the only glass piece I have ever broken

Yeah especially the multi-part, the rest of the glass is thick, but the ground glass connection, particularly multi connections in general, I think can be more fragile because of how they make them?

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Sorry not sorry! I guess your time will come soon enough though, I think you're going to love it coming from that SCS two piece! Nice color choices and good idea getting the full set, still sort of kicking myself for not getting sapphire coarse plate and ruby fine plate with mine... Last night I ground up some very dense moist cake mix herbs, without any upside down grinding (like a two-piece), and it is pretty nicely coarse with my amber medium plate, though I am still curious about that coarse plate so I really should have known, again!

Yeah especially the multi-part, the rest of the glass is thick, but the ground glass connection, particularly multi connections in general, I think can be more fragile because of how they make them?
that makes sense, the one on my fury edge was built like a tank compared to this one lol

SquirrelMaster

The minute it's announced I'm ordering one and THEN I should be able to put my VAS to rest :lol: . I'll be really curious to see how the same design with two different materials will compare. I have a feeling that the stainless steel version won't be the be-all, end-all because of how stainless isn't slippery like anodized aluminum. It'll also probably cost a LOT more, not that I care, I want one and life is short!

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I'll be interested in SS when it comes out but smaller, heavier and $$$ are big hurdles to overcome. But if they ever start working on a titanium model, then I'll get excited. Meanwhile, I'm quite happy with the 7075 aluminum.

My wife just recently started using our BCG. The first time she used it she loaded the flowers, twisted a couple times, lifted the lid and all the flowers were gone. She thought she did something wrong, put them in the wrong place or something. She then looked in the bottom chamber. "Oh my gosh, this thing is magic." She's hooked. Now she wants to buy one for her son for Christmas. 🎅

I usually load fairly full. This is a combination of three strains, mixing some THC and CBD.

full_bcg.jpg

Lid on, lined up, slight squish as I start twisting.

full_bcg_closed.jpg

Pretty clean. I've never even brushed this out since receiving it.

empty_bcg.jpg

Perfect amount for my Jyarz Classic.

bcg_jyarz.jpg

Top Bottom