Brilliant Cut Grinder

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
i-want-it-now3.jpg

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
and on the flip side if they didn't offer a 4/20 sale what so ever I'm sure somebody would have a complaint that they can't even throw in free shipping while other companies are doing 20% + sales

Also agreed, its a very easily obtainable item. Made to order, so there is not and probably never will be a ready-made stock, perhaps the demand doesn't actually justify that? They may be extremely popular with a niche market but for the most part I dont think your day to day user is springing for a BCG

Unobtainable to me, is more along the lines of a Tetra P80, as far as things currently in production go...

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Yeah if you know you want a more fine grind in general, that is what I started with, and it didn't really leave me wanting until I had VB where I wanted more coarse grind consistently... The fine plate can get you a nice consistent medium grind, to get a truly fine grind I had to turn it upside down, then I could make it as fine as I liked! But yeah the level of grind when you use the fine plate, without any upside down grinding, is more like medium fine? Not super fine, so I think you could be okay just getting that plate too!

Thanks.

How would you classify this grind?

grind.jpg

TBH, IIRC, the SLX gave me a pretty good grind, but perhaps a bit more fine would have been better, I did use it upside down I guess.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks.

How would you classify this grind?

grind.jpg

TBH, IIRC, the SLX gave me a pretty good grind, but perhaps a bit more fine would have been better, I did use it upside down I guess.

Yeah that is a fine grind, I would use my fine plate and grind upside down for that, but it could be achieved with the medium plate upside down... I could get this kind of grind in my SLX upside down as well, but it would lock up and be so tough to to turn, whereas the BCG can get through anything!

Last edited:

m0sh

Yeah that is a fine grind, I would use my fine plate and grind upside down for that, but it could be achieved with the medium plate upside down... I could get this kind of grind in my SLX upside down as well, but it would lock up and be so tough to to turn, where is the BCG can get through anything!

Large and fine it is!
Cheers :)

EDIT: OK choosing the right color...arghhh I like Hematite but I wonder if I should mix?

EDIT 2: 7 Weeks prior to shipping are you kidding me lolz

Last edited:

doctapeppa

Unobtainable? That's complete bullshit. I have more than one, as do many others here, because they placed their orders and were patient. They are very obtainable.

Have you never bought a product that you had to order in advance?
I have one too. And I'm patiently waiting for another one. Maybe the word "unobtainable" is exagerated? What word should I use to describe this "Unique situation"? It's sort of like: You want a Tesla Cybertruck? Yea...Sure...you can have one... and yea..you can actually order it and you'll likely get it some day when it's ready but I would still call that unobtainable. But ok. Yea. This is not literally Unobtainable. Thanks for correcting me.

Edit: Would it be crazy if Elon Musk now announced a sale on the Cybertruck? Of course that'd be crazy. I see the sale on these grinders to be the same thing.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Large and fine it is!
Cheers :)

EDIT: OK choosing the right color...arghhh I like Hematite but I wonder if I should mix?

EDIT 2: 7 Weeks prior to shipping are you kidding me lolz

Nice, yeah I got hematite for my large, and I went with an amber middle plate, my regular size BCG fine is all aquamarine and my regular size BCG medium is all light amethyst... I must say that deciding on the colors is definitely the hardest part, but I am very happy with my choices so far, we'll see you when my large arrives next week!

And yes you need to just put your order in and then forget about it for a couple months, time goes by pretty quick! I suppose these could be hard to obtain, if delayed gratification is a struggle? lol

BestBuds

The Dude
Good things come with time. Or to those who wait.

Have we never found this gem? (See what I did there?:razz:)

Granted I'm on week 8 but they did say they were shipping mine next week.

Have you ever ordered anything custom? My car took about a month to get, I ordered bag pipes once that took 7 months, a kilt that took 4 months, and a suit that took 3 months. I remember back before the "sicky sick days" a order from DHGate took 2 to 3 months.

If you don't see the value buy another grinder and BCG will take your order in 2 years when you huck that one out the window. :evil:

doctapeppa

Good things come with time. Or to those who wait.

Have we never found this gem? (See what I did there?:razz:)

Granted I'm on week 8 but they did say they were shipping mine next week.

Have you ever ordered anything custom? My car took about a month to get, I ordered bag pipes once that took 7 months, a kilt that took 4 months, and a suit that took 3 months. I remember back before the "sicky sick days" a order from DHGate took 2 to 3 months.

If you don't see the value buy another grinder and BCG will take your order in 2 years when you huck that one out the window. :evil:
Agreed. Not sure if you are responding to me or not but I don't have a problem with waiting for this. I think this grinder is definitely worth the wait. My gripe (if you can call it that because...really? it's not that important) is that it's a little silly/counter-logical to have a sale when something seems to be in such limited supply relative to demand.

m0sh

Nice, yeah I got hematite for my large, and I went with an amber middle plate, my regular size BCG fine is all aquamarine and my regular size BCG medium is all light amethyst... I must say that deciding on the colors is definitely the hardest part, but I am very happy with my choices so far, we'll see you when my large arrives next week!

And yes you need to just put your order in and then forget about it for a couple months, time goes by pretty quick! I suppose these could be hard to obtain, if delayed gratification is a struggle? lol

My wife suggested that same setup!
Or Silver Onyx hematite / Silver hematite Onyx

Decisions decisions...

EDIT: Went with Silver hematite Onyx

Last edited:

BestBuds

The Dude
Agreed. Not sure if you are responding to me or not
Dude, I'm so lifted right now I don't know who I'm responding to. :hmm::sherlock: I think I'm more "speaking" than responding. :uhoh::ninja::peace:
:razz:
My gripe (if you can call it that because...really? it's not that important) is that it's a little silly/counter-logical to have a sale when something seems to be in such limited supply relative to demand.
I actually see your point and agree. It's not the best decision for G4L to discount such a highly desired item. But it's a error in the consumers favor. And an error that was done on purpose and in the consumers favor, is a benefit. To us now, and to them later, for the rabidly loyal customer base they are earning. So it's actually not a error but a long run good move for their business.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Agreed. Not sure if you are responding to me or not but I don't have a problem with waiting for this. I think this grinder is definitely worth the wait. My gripe (if you can call it that because...really? it's not that important) is that it's a little silly/counter-logical to have a sale when something seems to be in such limited supply relative to demand.

Something else to consider:

When theres a thread for 4/20 sales, even a 10% sale gets your name out there when people are looking for excuses to purchase, where as no sale at all - everybody else is being promoted and you're missing out. Even if its just simple name dropping.

Personally I've got my colors in mind for my next order, hoping to wait for stainless but ya never know

sag

I have been eyeballing the large with a coarse grinding plate for a while now. Just reading reviews and thinking of color combos. The sale pushed me to give up my money and wait for the grinder and debowler to arrive. I'm looking forward to seeing if this is my grinder for life. I have a considerable amount invested in several grinders that came up short in that category.:\ Cheers!

Shit Snacks

I have been eyeballing the large with a coarse grinding plate for a while now. Just reading reviews and thinking of color combos. The sale pushed me to give up my money and wait for the grinder and debowler to arrive. I'm looking forward to seeing if this is my grinder for life. I have a considerable amount invested in several grinders that came up short in that category.:\ Cheers!

I just posted in the main grinder thread, developing a reputation for getting too many grinders here lately, but the BCG is still my favorite and I am excited for my large to arrive next week! Not to mention eventual stainless version, probably anything new lol

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I just posted in the main grinder thread, developing a reputation for getting too many grinders here lately, but the BCG is still my favorite and I am excited for my large to arrive next week! Not to mention eventual stainless version, probably anything new lol
But thanks to that rep, I’ve got a BCG 7 weeks away— held out for the 420 sale bc 10% off sure beats a kick in the (hard-wearing) teeth,

Silver silver silver.

Waiting for stainless to get the onyx/ruby/onyx!

Shit Snacks

But thanks to that rep, I’ve got a BCG 7 weeks away— held out for the 420 sale bc 10% off sure beats a kick in the (hard-wearing) teeth,

Silver silver silver.

Waiting for stainless to get the onyx/ruby/onyx!

Nice! I am curious, if the same colors will be available in steel, it could just be plain steel?

Shit Snacks

Ooh. Good point. These forums aren’t good for short term memory or medium term planning.

Yeah if you wanted to email them, and ask, I'm sure they could let you know what is going to be possible? And that way you could switch your current order to the onyx / ruby if you wanted, if the steel is going to be like a brushed silver look...? This forum is pretty great for overthinking though!

Top Bottom