• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Brilliant Cut Grinder

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Haha yeah, I thought you might have misunderstood how it works here, Texas explained it, this isn't pre-order crowdfunding, just ordering in advance as they are made in batches, made to order as he said... 7 weeks is how long it takes to make one grinder, typically! Worth the wait, for sure, though it is definitely an investment, delayed gratification, but many of us keep buying more because of how much gratification!

Yeah dude, there will be a 420 sale maybe announced any day now? Should be... And absolutely just get the medium plate if you only want one, if you need to grind more finely you can turn it upside down, and I turn it upside down even for a medium grind, I just flip it over soon after. If I want a coarse grind, I don't grind upside down at all, and it comes out decently course I think! Though I'm curious to try course, and/or maybe this chunky course some people have gotten, but it is not so necessary I think? I mean, it's not necessary for me to have three BCGs, but I can damn near guarantee you I will end up with more still!
Thanks!
That's why I did with the SLX, upside down, I dunno, I guess I like fine?
Usually I use small finger nail scissors after using a grinder if I'm not satisifed sometimes I just use it instead. I actually enjoy cutting, its relaxing.

So either medium or all ... hmmmmmm lol damn it

BubbleDrop

If I want a coarse grind, I don't grind upside down at all, and it comes out decently course I think! Though I'm curious to try course, and/or maybe this chunky course some people have gotten, but it is not so necessary I think? I mean, it's not necessary for me to have three BCGs, but I can damn near guarantee you I will end up with more still!
I got a BCG with medium plate last year, and that's the only grinder I am using now.
I think my old SLX grinder is producing a slightly more coarse grind, as it is now more difficult to pack the same amount of herb.
So I ended up ordering another one, with the coarse plate !

I noticed today though after cleaning I am getting some spots where I cant tell if its chipping but I have a orange one and can clearly see spots of silver. While minute and miniscule makes me wonder, anyone else encountering this or know if its safe or something to worry about?
Could you show us a picture ?

NexVision

I got a BCG with medium plate last year, and that's the only grinder I am using now.
I think my old SLX grinder is producing a slightly more coarse grind, as it is now more difficult to pack the same amount of herb.
So I ended up ordering another one, with the coarse plate !

Could you show us a picture ?
Sorry thought I uploaded. Again very minute but def seeing the beginning penetration.

image.png

NexVision

Is it possible to bang the blades together when closing it? Or do you think that's wear?
I mean anything is possible. I cannot say I have been uber careful as I have more so not given it much thought just used the grinder as I have always used mine and never had issue. I am leaning towards wear as I have no recollection of any feeling any impact.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I mean anything is possible. I cannot say I have been uber careful as I have more so not given it much thought just used the grinder as I have always used mine and never had issue. I am leaning towards wear as I have no recollection of any feeling any impact.
I posted some pictures a while back in this thread. GFL contacted and it's considered normal wear and tear for any aluminum grinder...

NexVision

I posted some pictures a while back in this thread. GFL contacted and it's considered normal wear and tear for any aluminum grinder...
Interesting gonna scroll back and look for your pictures but my $9 amazon grinder does not have that wear and tear after a few years I did snap a tooth on it though so not saying its better but it didnt wear through.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks!
That's why I did with the SLX, upside down, I dunno, I guess I like fine?
Usually I use small finger nail scissors after using a grinder if I'm not satisifed sometimes I just use it instead. I actually enjoy cutting, its relaxing.

So either medium or all ... hmmmmmm lol damn it

Yeah if you know you want a more fine grind in general, that is what I started with, and it didn't really leave me wanting until I had VB where I wanted more coarse grind consistently... The fine plate can get you a nice consistent medium grind, to get a truly fine grind I had to turn it upside down, then I could make it as fine as I liked! But yeah the level of grind when you use the fine plate, without any upside down grinding, is more like medium fine? Not super fine, so I think you could be okay just getting that plate too!

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
All metal grinders wear, the aluminum anodization. Stainless steel
it will all wear, but shouldn’t flake
every single grinder i own the teeth wear at least
it’s nothing to worry about, it’s not a coating.
it’s the nature of metals
unless there was a problem with the anodizing, if it looks like it’s wearing off a ton, then could be an issue
or if it was made of very cheap metal.

NimChimpsky

Just landed!! Definitely struck by how great the anodizing looks and the feel in the hand. Also I didn't realize the gem-cut pattern is on the bottom in addition to the top, super cool. That magnet is damn strong too.

Holy shit! What a smooth and consistent grind! Should have made this jump a while ago.. leaps better than my herb ripper.

SquirrelMaster

Just landed!! Definitely struck by how great the anodizing looks and the feel in the hand. Also I didn't realize the gem-cut pattern is on the bottom in addition to the top, super cool. That magnet is damn strong too.

Holy shit! What a smooth and consistent grind! Should have made this jump a while ago.. leaps better than my herb ripper.
Is your HR a V1 or V2?

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: Moses Baca

SquirrelMaster

V2. Don't get me wrong, it's a fine grinder - and who doesn't love SS - but the grind isn't as consistent or smooth as I would like and gets gunked easy in my experience.

And, yep, my BCG is regular size. The bags are a nice touch!
I find the same thing comparing my V1 to the BCG so I appreciate the feedback on the V2.

doctapeppa

It boggles my mind when companies put items on sale or do price drops when those items are in such high demand that are basically unobtainable. Sure, it's their company and they do what they want. We have no idea what their ledgers look like and I'm sure they have their reasons but I'm always weirded out by the slightly unlubricated violation of the most basic law of supply and demand.

OMG and don't get me started on Ticketmaster. The most economic disregarder offender ever.

doctapeppa,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It boggles my mind when companies put items on sale or do price drops when those items are in such high demand that are basically unobtainable. Sure, it's their company and they do what they want. We have no idea what their ledgers look like and I'm sure they have their reasons but I'm always weirded out by the slightly unlubricated violation of the most basic law of supply and demand.

OMG and don't get me started on Ticketmaster. The most economic disregarder offender ever.

They're not unobtainable though, my third one will be here soon, in just about as many years... So what if you have to order several weeks in advance? And I appreciate the 10% discount that basically covers the shipping cost, all of my purchases were during one of the sales, even easier to justify! Again, worth the wait, and worth the cost, so in demand...

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Unobtainable? That's complete bullshit. I have more than one, as do many others here, because they placed their orders and were patient. They are very obtainable.

Have you never bought a product that you had to order in advance?

Top Bottom