Brilliant Cut Grinder

TheBlackLodge

bcg_full.jpg
Is this raw aluminum or silver anodization?

fak

The Dude
Just checking in ~1 Week after delivery, I'm still only using the fine grinder but the grinder has become hands down the most integral part of my whole vaping workflow. The thing is next to me all day long and never even comes close to skipping a beat! Can put as much flower as you want in it, give it a quick sandwich style squish, once it's closed it's smoooooooth sailing!

Last edited:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Just checking in ~1 Week after delivery, I'm still only using the fine grinder but the grinder has become hands down the most integral part of my whole vaping workflow. The thing is next to me all day long and never even comes close to skipping a beat! Can put as much flower as you want in it, give it a quick sandwich style squish, once it's closed it's smoooooooth sailing!

I like to actually start turning before I even start putting pressure on it to close up. Gets a little tricky if you pack it to the brim, but start turning as you sandwich! less squishing, more grinding

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I always load small nugs carefully between the teeth, I also try not to squish though I also want to avoid any metal scraping, so it's kind of being careful that it's level and turning into it smoothly to grind as you close safely... However It can be tough to be consistent, to take the time, and sometimes you want to load more of dense sticky herbs... So it balances out I guess

doctapeppa

What's the problem with squishing it? After I add my buds I put the top on and "squish" it down till it's completely shut before I begin any twist at all. It doesn't feel like I'm "squishing" buds at all. It feels a bit more choppy grindy and like the beginning of the bud breaking up but I don't really know what's happening in there. If it is doing this "squishing". What's the problem you guys have with that? The end product is the same no?

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I always squish
worried about grinding the teeth if it’s not seated properly

I lightly set the top down and twist while allowing light pressure. This tears the buds apart as the top lowers, chopping the herb while destroying less trichomes than if you just squish it all together at the beginning, smashing and destroying so many trichomes.

I'd prefer them (trichomes) to stay with the herb, rather than starting by smashing so many of them into sticking to the metal.

I have never had the teeth catch on each other while doing this.

SquirrelMaster

I've purposely squished to test the resistance and the BCG rips through material like no other. I do prefer to not do this so out doesn't scrape, which is one of the reasons I'm so excited for the XL same it's loading zones.

My Amber XL Medium shipped today so I'll have that next week :D. Kinda want an Emerald XL, I'm not gonna lie :lol:.

NJlegal

I've purposely squished to test the resistance and the BCG rips through material like no other. I do prefer to not do this so out doesn't scrape, which is one of the reasons I'm so excited for the XL same it's loading zones.

My Amber XL Medium shipped today so I'll have that next week :D. Kinda want an Emerald XL, I'm not gonna lie :lol:.
The Emerald does look pretty nice. I wanted one solid color. My wife wanted a tri color. I don't know why I even got her involved with this decision. We/She decided on, Hematite/silver/black ( cause she knew I wanted silver or black to be the bottom). I changed my mind many times and It took me weeks to decide on colors and finally went with what We/She picked out. Crossing my fingers it looks nice and trying to forget I ordered it or I'd be too impatient thinking about when it might come in. I must admit as my current grinders get sticky and stuck, I do think of the BCG and nice it should be.

RiskyRaccoon

ISO is very tough to get a hold of right now, due to the pandemic. If you're using ISO, there's a decent chance it's not food grade, in which case there are impurities in the ISO that I would never want up in my grinder, even after rinsing. Boiling it does an ok job if I also boil w/ dish soap, but then I have to boil it again afterwards to mitigate the dish soap smell. The nice thing about torching is that it's relatively clean, the only impurities are potentially from the butane. I might try torching it, but I'll start with the piece that doesn't contain a magnet
update: I still haven't tried it lol, I'm holding off until my grinder is dirty enough to annoy me, and this grinder is very good at not needing to be cleaned very often

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Here's a couple pictures of my new grinder in action with my mango haze cbd.

Flowers are torn into chunks, packed loose but fairly full.

bcg1.jpg

Line up the lid, slight twisting as I press the top down, similar to screwing the lid on a mason jar, to get the grind started.

bcg2.jpg

A few twists later.

bcg3.jpg

And the results.

bcg4.jpg

This thing really does work very, very well.

SquirrelMaster

The Emerald does look pretty nice. I wanted one solid color. My wife wanted a tri color. I don't know why I even got her involved with this decision. We/She decided on, Hematite/silver/black ( cause she knew I wanted silver or black to be the bottom). I changed my mind many times and It took me weeks to decide on colors and finally went with what We/She picked out. Crossing my fingers it looks nice and trying to forget I ordered it or I'd be too impatient thinking about when it might come in. I must admit as my current grinders get sticky and stuck, I do think of the BCG and nice it should be.

Emerald was the color I wanted for my original BCG but I ended up going all Sapphire with a medium plate setup and an additional aquamarine fine and amethyst coarse. It took me quite a while to get there, there are endless color combos that look fantastic!

You'll love yours and hey at least your wife wanted to be involved in the color choosing. Plus, happy wife, happy life as they say :D.

oldfool

Do I need this? Am I just lucky that the first grinder I ever bought, Chromium Crusher, $15, six years ago, is still working fine?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Do I need this? Am I just lucky that the first grinder I ever bought, Chromium Crusher, $15, six years ago, is still working fine?

Ive been thinking of getting one myself, cleaned my kannastor the other day and it was gummed up after like three buds of ultra sticky and has me frustrated.

I’d much rather have stainless steel though.

Top Bottom