• Don't give a shit

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • What's the EU

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tranquility

Holy Moley! Congratulations or condolences on the outcome for you, but at least you finally have a decision.

Tranquility,
Reactions: macbill

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
goodbye envronmental protection, workers rights, etc etc, welcome back austerity, the strong arm of the upper ruling classes, and the continuing deaths of the disabled and poor.

but at least 'we' have control back? i am waving my chinese made disposable shitty little single use plastic flag.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Brexit uncertainty: Study shows 30% rise in UK citizens moving to EU countries since 2016

An additional 17,000 British citizens per year have moved to an EU country since the UK voted to leave the bloc, according to an analysis from Oxford in Berlin and the Berlin-based WZB Social Science Centre.

This represents a 30 per cent rise, from about 57,000 UK citizens a year between 2008 and 2015 to more than 73,000 a year between 2016 and 2018.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Brexit: How is the UK government planning to circumvent the Northern Ireland protocol?

The British government is planning legislation that will see it undermine key elements of last October’s Brexit withdrawal agreement. The move threatens to derail the current EU-UK trade negotiations, which resume in London on Tuesday.

Brexiters fear that the withdrawal agreement, which includes a protocol to avoid a return to a hard border in Northern Ireland, makes it impossible for the UK to be truly sovereign because it leaves London tethered to Brussels in key areas, including state aid and customs policy.

macbill,
  • Haha
Reactions: b0

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
UK minister confirms plan to break international law over Brexit

U.K. government plans to backtrack on the Brexit Withdrawal Agreement will break international law, Northern Ireland Secretary Brandon Lewis told the House of Commons Tuesday.

The Financial Times reported Monday that sections of the Internal Market Bill, due to be published Wednesday, will override sections of the divorce deal Prime Minister Boris Johnson struck with the EU last year.

macbill,
  • Haha
Reactions: b0

kel

FuckMisogynists!
"Takin back control of our borders" "Sovrinteeeee" "Great Britain" "Fuck Immigrants" etc...

So, how's that working out the the narrow minded racist bigots I wonder? 🤔

Not very well it seems... 😂 Where's Farageeeee?

I am absolutely devastated, considered myself European since late teens, identity and freedom taken from us all. Customs Union fail is a total disaster, lost 90% of my business because of Brexit because no one in the EU will deal with us brits any more... disaster is the right word!

I can only hope we will return to working together for the benefit of everyone and get rid of these greed obsessed neo-liberal far right fascists sometime soon!

The only positive I can see from Brexit is that it did give us the Asian Dub Foundation Stewart Lee hit 'Comin' over 'ere'

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
@kel

I too consider myself European and am glad I moved to France 15 years ago.

And there were many reasons people voted to leave, some I can understand, others I cannot even begin to understand.

But I did find it interesting that the results of this tiny tiny poll here has resulted in exactly the same result of the UK referendum if you add the leave (29 ) and don't care (21 ) numbers together with remain ( 48). Comes to 50 : 48....... Go figure.....

Anyway, I wish my Irish, Welsh and Scottish countryfolk good luck on this journey the English have chosen....

Chicken No Name,
Reactions: kel and b0

kel

FuckMisogynists!
this journey the English

Surely you mean to say the 'total asshole stuck up tw^t half of the' english 🚀

edit: i have yet to hear one single solitary benefit to the UK leaving the eu!

I do not respect the choice made by half of this country, I do not even respect these people - at all. I think it reflects an arrogance, conceitedness and ignorance that has no place in humanity never mind anywhere else... I am sickened, to my core, that anyone thinks this is a good idea. I don't think there is any good going to come for it for anyone except a few very rich very nasty people. Literally my only hope is civil war and a return to civilisation at some point.

oh, and I am english and like 50% of the rest of the people here I did not vote for this, saying 'the english' really doesn't help. I suggest using any foul language you can muster instead to describe these scum!

===

Can always count on arb 🤣

I am laughing at myself for these words too, but I have lost my entire family to this - fully ashamed to admit my parents care more about 'happy fish' and the tories than they do about the welfare of their own children...! As I say... not even human! Who does that? My family apparently!

Last edited:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I agree with you and being English by birth, my reference to this being an English chosen path was merely a nod to the statistics. It was unfortunately chosen by a majority of English voters, who then went on to give BJ an 80 seat majority. A very unfortunate situation.....

Chicken No Name,
Reactions: b0 and kel

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Even so, this action is not modern english in form, nature or spirit - it is extremely old school victorian english, retarded, 'christian', right wing, neo-liberal, fascist and profoundly vicious and nasty. I mean just look at Rees-Moog or Patel - they are examples of the absolute worst our country has to offer, the total antithesis of the open, welcoming, multi-cultural, kind, helpful love fest that the TRUE English spirit represents!

To use the word English to describe these monsters is like using the word rapist to describe a flower!

Just don't do it, call them by their proper names (any insults you can muster) and leave the English out of it 😊

edit: it's actually even more than this, that 'this is the choice of the english people' is one of their greatest lies! It is simply untrue, I know several people who voted to leave and deeply regret it, because they felt, and I quote, 'lied to', they were manipulated by highly targeted ads on social media. The whole thing was a massive psyops mission of unprecedented scale and ferocity - the most brutal of psychological violations. Most people are just not equipped to be able to deal with this kind of manipulation. To hold this part of the population who contributed to the vote to account is really not fair. They were viciously attacked. I firmly believe they are victims. As for the rest, well, I think I have made my thoughts clear.

==

On a personal note, I absolutely don't want to argue with you here, we're all getting along great and having a good time and definitely don't want to mar that in anyway, this is a political discussion and as such is always emotionally charged, I am obviously deeply hurt by everything that has happened, yes angry, I'm grieving for the loss of my personal identity and freedom, so my words are full of tension. Hey ho!

Last edited:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I agree with your sentiments wrt not arguing.
But I'm sticking with my view that the statistics support my statement that brexit was an English decision made for the UK.
This is not an insult, merely a reflection of regions voting preferences.

I can't comment on your view that this was a sophisticated pysops mission. My view is that certain leave messages appealed to a base instinct many UK nationals felt.
The fact that the English were perhaps more susceptible to such misinformation is again supported by the statistics.....

Anyway, I'm out. Politics and religion are best avoided, even when we both hold such similar views on the end result if perhaps not the path taken.....

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Okay, well up to you, just know there's a lot of folk who are on the edge of violence when people make blanket accusations like that, it's a boiling pot of extreme resentment, anger and frustration... obviously you're okay with me, I understand you don't mean it this way, but I know of at least 4 or 5 folk who would have asked you to stop with 'the english' as it doesn't represent them, they see it as propagating hateful prejudice just like racism, actually xenophobia, and if you had trebled down like that they would have err... reacted.

Be careful out there... Take care.

Honestly, I am absolutely amazed we haven't ended up with full scale riots yet.

kel,
  • Haha
Reactions: arb

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I am going to react one last time as I find the hurling of words like prejudice and racism in a reply to me as bizarre....

I have merely pointed out that the statistics show it was the English who voted for brexit. Not the Scottish, Welsh or Irish nationals.
You and your friends keep taking this as a personal slur on them. I cannot for the life of me fathom why this is taken personally.
And it's for that reason I'm defo out.

And stating that some of your friends would have reacted, and by that I assume you mean with violence, due to stating the stats as I have does make me wonder.....with friends like that who needs enemies.
And don't for a minute worry about me out there. I'm more than capable of looking after myself, just rarely do I need to prove it :tup:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I am going to react one last time as I find the hurling of words like prejudice and racism in a reply to me as bizarre....

I have merely pointed out that the statistics show it was the English who voted for brexit. Not the Scottish, Welsh or Irish nationals.
You and your friends keep taking this as a personal slur on them. I cannot for the life of me fathom why this is taken personally.
And it's for that reason I'm defo out.

And stating that some of your friends would have reacted, and by that I assume you mean with violence, due to stating the stats as I have does make me wonder.....with friends like that who needs enemies.
And don't for a minute worry about me out there. I'm more than capable of looking after myself, just rarely do I need to prove it
:tup:

Not taking it personally, taking it as 50% of the population... hardly personal!

I am not hurling anything, just stating the fact that is you say things like:

The Americans...

The Irish...

The Blacks...

The gays...

The English...

Followed by something that ~50% of the population of those countries / demographics will find offensive and hurtful IS propagating hatred and xenophobia even if you say that is not your intention.

I am just stating dictionary definition of the words, and providing examples to clarify the net result of your words.

React all you like, I will stand by my belief that the english on the whole are not as you, or the government, the bbc or those people who would have you believe these things describe, that in actual fact most are warm caring kind welcoming people who are not prejudiced, racist or hateful and absolutely did not want this division in any way. Saying they did by using blanket statements is like accusing someone of crimes they did not commit.

I didn't say 'friends', I said 'I know of'...

Last edited:
kel,
  • Haha

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
@kel I suggest you get off your high horse and stop spitting your dummy out....

Honestly, we both are anti Brexit and a simple statement that statistically the English voted for Brexit gets you foaming. If two anti brexiteers cannot even agree on this simple statistic without resorting to insults and threats then the UK as a whole has no chance.

Stating that over 50% of the English who voted in the ref voted for Brexit is a fact. Just like the sun will rise tomorrow is a fact. I voted against Brexit, one of the few things I have voted for. But I accept that more of my fellow English disagreed with me. I also accept that the majority of the Scottish, Irish and Welsh also voted against Brexit (the Welsh vote was skewed by English who live there).

If you feel that stating this is tantamount to propagating hatred and xenophobia then you seriously need to get a grip........

And friends or people you know of is just resorting to semantics..... They also need to get a grip......

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I have merely pointed out that the statistics show it was the English who voted for brexit.

'The English' is very different from....

Stating that over 50% of the English who voted in the ref voted for Brexit is a fact.

'50% of the English' - that is as you say a fact (well if you believe the referendum wasn't tampered with anyway)

Not the Scottish, Welsh or Irish nationals.

Just out of interest seeing as you are so keen on statistics to justify your blanket statements, what % of these people voted for Brexit?

Or are you saying that not one single person in these countries is responsible , just 'the english' are?

kel,
  • Haha

kel

FuckMisogynists!
neither of you mofos have been here a minute...

perhaps consider PMs if you can't play nice in public...?

same old shit, dif nationalities

I thought I was politely and clearly stating my case and not rising to the insults and attacks... but hey ho 😂

I've reported the one post that was particularly frothy.

I have a few days of work coming up so will take this as a cue to bow out for a few days - have fun :love:

kel,
  • Haha

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
My apologies to all who feel I've slurred the English population. This was never my intention.

I particularly apologise for any excessively frothy statements that anyone found worthy of reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom