Boundless Tera

greenskpr

Hope you get a good one, it's a nice design!
I agree from the looks and specs..I like substantial feeling objects and tools. This seems like that. It's yet to arrive and I'm in no rush and open-minded so maybe returning it for a refund and going a different way might be something to ponder.

greenskpr

I agree from the looks and specs..I like substantial feeling objects and tools. This seems like that. It's yet to arrive and I'm in no rush and open-minded so maybe returning it for a refund and going a different way might be something to ponder.
For the FC team and the spirit of sharing with other Tera users I'll stay the course here. Money isn't the thing, so will keep the unit and share a trip report as a new user and (infrequent) vape enthusiast. Maybe it can help others and be useful in someone's journey from the perspective of a noob user with their first device. 👍

gangababa

I, for one, am glad to learn that I was not the last one to buy and enjoy a Tera.

For the FC team and the spirit of sharing with other Tera users I'll stay the course here. Money isn't the thing, so will keep the unit and share a trip report as a new user and (infrequent) vape enthusiast. Maybe it can help others and be useful in someone's journey from the perspective of a noob user with their first device. 👍

greenskpr

Everything looked great out of the box today. Puffitup shipping was literally 2 days. Registering it with Boundless and recording SN for future needs if necessary. Love its girth and how it feels. Size is perfect for me. Batteries charged up no sweat in about 2 hours. Device turned on and off with no problem first try. All buttons and functions normal and intuitive. Set it to 420 for a dry run heated up in under 30 seconds..holy shit fast. Shut down was smooth and uneventful. Power button does not feel 'mushy' as described in other posts. Fairly crisp with a subtle click to know you've depressed it. Smell isn't really anything awful. Just smells like what it is..a new electronic device made of stainless steel aluminum and plastic with an oven inside. No news there. So far so good! Won't get back to fiddle with it until Monday. :leaf:

greenskpr

Pic for scale. Caught myself being a little rough with it which I think is easy to do as it feels like it can take it. Tapped it against the table and rapped it with my hand to clear AVB..easy big fella..that's how stuff breaks. I'll use the cleaning tools from now on and not risk knocking something out of alignment or loose.
Otherwise yeah..stoked. it just works. No problems - thing is built like a brick shithouse though wouldn't want to drop it or bounce it off anything. Couple pulls to heat up the bowl, then was off to the races, more vapor than I need but I'm sure I'll grow into it.
It hasn't powered-up or shut down on it's own. I've left it in my truck and out in the shop, have had 3 sessions so far and the battery still reads full charge. I'll keep it. Was secretly prepared to hate it so I could buy a desktop, but so far, knock on wood, it does what it says on the box. Speaking of wood, just bought my first mod - African Blackwood stem from Ed's TnT.
Both the swivel stem and glass shorty work fine just loved the look of that blackwood.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Nice @greenskpr, I have been using mine without a wpa again lately too, I save Ed's stem for special occasions as it is hard to clean...Arizer stems are easy to clean and fit in the short glass holder just nice, got 2 again after breaking my original,
1630826768435.jpg

Last edited:

greenskpr

Are using the stems as bowls (herb chamber) or as only the mouthpiece?
Do you use the plastic magnetic-cover only or the stock Tera metal and gasket parts of the short glass holder also?
For me, Ed’s TNT Just as a stem for looks and vanity tbh. It does offer a cooler hit. Otherwise to butt in, as a convection unit there’s no direct heating element contact with the mouthpiece.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Are using the stems as bowls (herb chamber) or as only the mouthpiece?
Usually just herb in the Tera, the Arizer stem is just comfortable. You can also fill the Arizer stem with terp pearls for extra cooling but I found it just robbed vapor I would rather have in me.
Do you use the plastic magnetic-cover only
Just the cover...interference fit with the Tera black silicon under on the end of the Arizer stem to seal it to the top of the oven.
1630942285595.jpg

Edit, @phattpiggie makes some really nice custom stems for the Tera that are S/S lined for easy maintenance.

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
You can also fill the Arizer stem with terp pearls for extra cooling but I found it just robbed vapor I would rather have in me.

That's really the downside with all these cooling stems, be it spirals, dimples or balls or whatever, not only vapor condenses on them but it's a PITA to reclaim and/or clean afterwards...

For me long straight stems are the best, unfortunately they are the contrary of stealthy and problematic when vaping on the go.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I only just saw the email for the sale...after it finished by the look of it @BigJr48, if you PM Eric he may look after you if you tell him you just missed the sale....$100 is great value!

pop22

I got my new Tera couple days ago. Yep, it's still my favorite portable vape, although the CFX is close. Now to see if it will be reliable. Maybe 5 times is the charm??
And I just had a good idea. I made a label with my Dymo label maker. I put the serial number on a label and stuck it on the inside of the battery cover. Figure it can't be much handier than that. I'll consider mods after I see if it lasts more than a couple weeks.

JamesTiberiousKirk

I'm loving my first Tera. I would add more but it's pretty covered by the previous 120 pages (once you get past V1 and V2).

*Powerful
*Flavorful
*Replaceable batteries!
*Convection
*Damn loose lower screen keeps ending up in the unlikeliest of places.
*Honking big bowl
*Works best (for me) through a bong
*I use it only at night because it knocks me out
*Should be great for sharing

About the only slight downsides I've seen so far for me is the
* bowl is daunting (scary) Big - I've ordered some S&B dose capsules.
*Lower screen is likely gonna be lost often. Glad they provide extras in the box.

More Testing is required! But I am impressed. Best $100 I've spent in a long while.

pop22

I'm loving my first Tera. I would add more but it's pretty covered by the previous 120 pages (once you get past V1 and V2).

*Powerful
*Flavorful
*Replaceable batteries!
*Convection
*Damn loose lower screen keeps ending up in the unlikeliest of places.
*Honking big bowl
*Works best (for me) through a bong
*I use it only at night because it knocks me out
*Should be great for sharing

About the only slight downsides I've seen so far for me is the
* bowl is daunting (scary) Big - I've ordered some S&B dose capsules.
*Lower screen is likely gonna be lost often. Glad they provide extras in the box.

More Testing is required! But I am impressed. Best $100 I've spent in a long while.
You've summed it up well! And we love the big bowl! My lady and i find it holds enough. And we aren't vaping it to it's max either. We have ahhh enough herb that when the bowl starts losing it's flavor, we either stop there or dump it and refill. Even doing that uses less weed than smoking. And I get hits like my tabletop Herbal Aire gets. Plop it on my bong and I can get hits that make me cough. I love the Tera, I've just had shit luck with them. So I'm hoping this one's a keeper.

Top Bottom