• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Boundless Tera

floribud

Got a tera v3 in April, hit like a beast, but I was lulled by the solid feel of the body and didn't realize it's actually pretty delicate - seal cracked and screws falling out after about 2 months. Thankfully the vendor is sending me a replacement, but this kind of relegates it to the "vape in a bong when the power is out" niche vs "Replace the (slow yet sturdy) plenty" niche I was hoping for - I work my vapes fairly hard I guess. The next one I treat with kid gloves - stock mouthpiece or WPA only, maybe reinforce the screws...
FWIW i got my Tera 2 black fridays ago and it's still going. I did have to use some extra fine sand paper to expand the inner plastic of the bowl to make it wide enough for my dosing capsules to easily fall in and out, BUT I've had no problems yet with cracks and screws

sippingtea

Hello everyone,

Background (unneccesary) info
I am new here but have been reading through this Boundless Tera thread for a while now.
It's 118 pages long so pardon me but I've only read through maybe 20 - 35 pages, sometimes chronologically but also regarding specific topics through the search 'within the thread' function.

I am new to dry leaf vapes and have only used pre-filled carts with a 510 pen battery before as far as vapes go, so excuse me if I misconstrue or misunderstand some things.

My cheap 510 cart pen has been so bad for me lately which catalyzed my decision to start this upgrade session. To replace it, I've already ordered the Yocan Uni Pro. (There are some other really great and affordable alternatives than this so do ask me if you want to know my alternatives for the Yocan.)

Actual info
So... I finally settled on purchasing the Boundless Tera v3.

If anyone is interested, there is an iconic deal for it @ $109.97 right now at herbalizestore(dotcom). (and at one more site, cant remember which, you can find out which one it is at vapospy I think(?))

I am hoping someone could help me out in deciding on some accessory purchases to optimize the Tera v3.

I have tried to organize my queries in a way that might be an example of a 'complete' package of mods for the Tera that one might want/ need. Hopefully it might help some wandering eyes who are interested in the Tera.

[TLDR] Below are my thought processes:

What I have on the way:

• Boundless Tera V3
  • Storz & Bickel Cleaning Brushes

What I am considering:
  • Storz & Bickel Mighty, Crafty, Plenty, Volcano 8 Dosing Capsules Magazine
    • Intend to get this to help with smaller/ microdosing.

• XMAX V2 Pro Water Pipe Adapter (WPA)
    • I've read from a user (LesPlenty?) in this thread that the rubber from this WPA seals with the Arizer stems very well.

• Stem/ mouthpiece to fit on the VMAX adapter
    • Bent Glass Stem for Arizer Air, Air 2, Solo, Solo 2
    • Ed's TNT
      • Boundless Tera Blackwood Stem
      • Boundless Tera MP-14mm WPA Blackwood
        • How do I clean these? Can I soak them in isopropyl like I can with the bent glass stem?
      • If I am understanding the difference correctly, the Stem version cannot be used as a WPA but can fit a screen on the bottom that might help with microdosing.
        • The WPA one is longer and has its self-explanatory function but can also be used as a mouthpiece?
      • If I get either of these am I right in thinking that I probably don't need the VMAX WPA, nor the Arizer Stems?

• Screen Set for Storz & Bickel Crafty, Mighty
    • Coarse/ Normal/ Fine?
      • I've read from a user that the Coarse helps improve the airflow
      • If I plan to use the S&B Dosing Caps, I can go for the Coarse but my concern is that if I am not using the dosing caps at any point then the coarse or normal screens might have loose leaf fall through?
    • Can't find the 'fine' ones on POTV(dotcom) unfortunately, but they're available elsewhere.

• 2x LG HG2 18650 3000mAh Battery
    • From here
    • Side note, I just checked their FAQ page to see where they are located and apparently they are a "SMALL, WOMAN-OWNED BUSINESS", pretty cool :)

• A bubbler to fit on as a mouthpiece
    • Could someone please suggest one?
    • I've seen a few suggestions like using the Tera with a glass piece like this, but I am also wondering about a smaller more portable bubbler like this that will work well with (or without?) the rubber of the XMAX V2 WPA.

• Pipe Cleaners
  • Isopropyl Alcohol
    • Essential

• Misc items

What are your thoughts?

Please let me know what you think regarding the above. Especially where I mention alternatives.
Any and all advice will be much appreciated!

Thank you for taking the time to read.

and....
...a Merry Christmas to all and a happy new year to you in advance!

Wishing you wellness,
tea

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The Tera comes with a wpa so no need for, XMAX V2 Pro Water Pipe Adapter (WPA)

Arizer air stems will fit in place of the glass in the short glass mouthpiece that is delivered with the Tera, no extra seals needed.

The rattle can bong you listed is my favorite for using with the Tera, don't have experience with the Linx you suggested.

Ed's TNT blackwood stem is OK but not being able to clean it properly relegates it to 'not used much' pile. @phattpiggie actually makes custom stems with a stainless steel liner that may be worth a look for you later on.

S&B coarse or fine filters are an upgrade to the disc filter plate that is delivered with the vape as they do not fall out every time you empty the bowl.
I do not like the S&B capsules as I do not like adding aluminium to the vape, the Tera has a stainless steel bowl and heater, the S&B portable vapes have an aluminium bowl and heater so it does not matter with that.
:cheers:

sippingtea

The Tera comes with a wpa so no need for, XMAX V2 Pro Water Pipe Adapter (WPA)...Arizer air stems will fit in place...no extra seals needed.
:cheers: Nice one, I'll just get the bent stem then!

The rattle can bong you listed is my favorite

It looks fairly succinct for sure, that vertical entry should help hold up the heft of the Tera.
If I didn't anticipate a move in the next year this would be a no question buy.
I'm just trying to do my due diligence and reduce as much as possible the amount of delicate yet bulky things to pack/ store.
But then again, no big deal if I want to get it - can deal with it.

ALSO - I've only used an acrylic bong as my daily. Maybe it's time for some glass :clap:

don't have experience with the Linx you suggested.
Since the short glass mouthpiece is 14mm(?), technically any bubbler that fits 14mm should work, correct?
The Linx I got as an idea from reading a post by user in this thread I believe. So I'm not sure myself if it's 14mm.

not being able to clean it properly
Oh no, thanks for the forewarning.
I'm sure its not the best idea to soak ED's TNT like I originally thought I would have done, the water content would probably warp the wood if soaked for too long.

@phattpiggie actually makes custom stems with a stainless steel liner
nice one! I imagine the cleaning process for that would be something like plugging bottom and top and filling with iso +/ salt to clean the liner.

I do not like adding aluminium to the vape
Is this a taste-change thing? Or different rates of heat transfer?

Smart - so I guess for best consistency I should look for capsules made of stainless.

Does anyone have any idea if this exists?

Appreciate the advice, it's a new-ish world market for me and the mods can get a little bit confusing. I have experience modding other stuff like mech keebs so I'm not too out of my depth but I'm glad I found this site as a resource base w/ consumers that have actual experience with the products!

:love:

sippingtea,
Reactions: LesPlenty

sippingtea

Throw out the plastic mouthpiece the glass mouthpieces too hot to use. I strictly use only with the water
Sure seems to be the consensus that the Tera's best mounted.

Though idk some people swear by water-less, some with warm/ hot water... :science: then there are the baggers!

I ordered one from Cream City for $109. I’m hopeful it is not a warranty nightmare waiting to happen but for the price I thought I’d give it a go...
For sure, that's a great price, got mine for about the same waiting for it to come in.

I figure that even if it needs to be warrantied Boundless seem to have a good rep on that.

Still, it'd be nice for my first piece to be good to go and not have to play warranty roulette like you said.

LesPlenty

Company Rep

Since the short glass mouthpiece is 14mm(?),
The supplied WPA is universal, male or female, 14 or 18mm.
The Tera works best on a bong.
the glass mouthpieces too hot to use
I disagree with this statement... I like the short straight shot glass mouthpiece, it does not get used much this way but I do like it for a change.

sippingtea

Sorry Les, I did not catch your take on the stainless steel vs aluminum bit - maybe some error in posting? Did you mean to say that both of those things were true?

Appreciate the help :tup:

Last edited:
sippingtea,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Hehe, I just forgot to post about the capsules, I don't think the heat transfer difference would matter too much, I just found the smaller oven size to be underwhelming, same when I used the Mighty with them. I also just do not like aluminium mixed with heat so why add it to a device that when being designed was thinking of an Aluminium heater due to faster heat transfer but opted against it due to perceived health risks no matter how small...why bother risking it, pretty hard to find an Aluminium frying pan anymore. :2c:

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
Can chip in on the capsules, I only use them if I'm out and about for a while and want to go through several loads without reloading each time. But generally they seem to dull the flavour and the vapour, and you can still get the tera to perform well with a half load bowl.

Generally the arizer mouthpiece mod is what I use as a mouthpiece, water is too much hassle for me, and you won't have any issues with those longer arizer glass stems (the 3d flowstem means you get cool vapour even if the tera runs on max temp)

sippingtea

Aluminium heater due to faster heat transfer but opted against it due to perceived health risks no matter how small...why bother risking it
Fair point, I'll look for SS varieties for porta and single use! :tup:

Can't wait to say F Combustion when I get to try dry herb vapor for the first time. :rofl:

the 3d flowstem means you get cool vapour
first time seeing this one. Great suggestion :bowdown:

Last edited:
sippingtea,

sippingtea

My apologies for double post, I am past the 6 hours edit time. Please let me know mods, if I should combine info from my last post onto this one and I will do that and write "please delete prior post" when I am done.
Boundless are working on their own dosing capsules. I think these will be a lot better than the mighty/storz and bickel ones. I've (we've) been waiting very patiently.
I'm sad to find this comment from 2+ years ago in my search for dosing capsules made out of SS for the Tera.

Apparently the S&B capsules are 8.5mm by 14.5mm, (hard to find official dimensions but found one reddit post here lol).

The only SS alternatives I've found are POTV and Fury dosing capsules. But those are 10mm width not 14.5 and are not suitable because the hot air will pass inefficiently around the capsules rather than mostly through it.

I might just have to bite the bit and get S&B ones...

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
My apologies for double post, I am past the 6 hours edit time. Please let me know mods, if I should combine info from my last post onto this one and I will do that and write "please delete prior post" when I am done.
You are free to make consecutive posts after the edit button disappears (six hours). ;)

:peace:

Some-new-user

I'm sad to find this comment from 2+ years ago in my search for dosing capsules made out of SS for the Tera.

Apparently the S&B capsules are 8.5mm by 14.5mm, (hard to find official dimensions but found one reddit post here lol).

The only SS alternatives I've found are POTV and Fury dosing capsules. But those are 10mm width not 14.5 and are not suitable because the hot air will pass inefficiently around the capsules rather than mostly through it.

I might just have to bite the bit and get S&B ones...
Yes I too am sad to see these didn't come to light (dosing caps). Maybe too close to the s&b ones and not wanting to step on any toes? Maybe just not as much appeal for these as they would need? I guess it's just one of those things. I know There's a 3rd party making caps for other boundless vapes and the pax so I guess we can keep our fingers crossed.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Anything that reduces the load size reduces the vapor production, the unit was designed to use a certain amount of herb, any less, like the Mighty (an afterthought), reduces the experience for me.
The Tera has a nice S/S oven so it can be cleaned easily, not like some aluminium garbage that the manufacturer says to use only once then discard (that is why they are sold in packs up to 400). :2c:

sippingtea

Yes I too am sad to see these didn't come to light (dosing caps). Maybe too close to the s&b ones and not wanting to step on any toes? Maybe just not as much appeal for these as they would need? I guess it's just one of those things. I know There's a 3rd party making caps for other boundless vapes and the pax so I guess we can keep our fingers crossed.
Yes, seem like it would be probably one of those things. Especially probably the supply and demand part.

Here's to it coming out in the next 2 years :tup:

So, since I last posted, my Tera has come in.

I have not received nor yet bought any S&B dosing caps so one can extrapolate what reducing load size would do.

I have tried the following and here are my thoughts:
  • Glass Mouthpiece
    • Gets a little hot for me before I can hit to intended level
  • This 18mm boroscillate glass
    • With water
      • Easier to build a bigger hit but still does make me feel I need bigger lungs
        • I'm just coming off combustion so this is probably just a vaping V combustion thing which is fine.
    • Without water
      • Also okay but harder than with water to build a bigger hit because I'm inhaling the vapor at the same time as trying to build it...if that makes sense?

Other than that, I just have some thoughts from a new convert to vaping - RE: vaping vs combustion:
  • The flavour is really nice, none of that burnt, just that good good
  • None of the sluggish heavy feeling that comes from burning
  • A little, but noticeably, harder to build a big hit, though this might require me using a higher temperature? Highest I've used right now is 425^F, what do you guys use?
  • I seem to take 2x the 5 minute sessions to clear the whole chamber to sufficient 'browness'
The Tera has a nice S/S oven so it can be cleaned easily, not like some aluminium garbage that the manufacturer says to use only once then discard
  • I am very surprised to see how little 'gunk' or 'residue' is left behind in the chamber from cleaning with a brush and hand held air tool each time after session.
    • A real plus of vaporizers vs combustion style that I'm very happy about.
  • I was very worried about this. I am also very surprised how no material dropped through the bottom of the chamber; evidence of which is best seen by the fact that the bottom screen that sits above the bottom of the Tera chamber holds everything above and when removed to clean the bottom of chamber w/ brush, it's usually empty.
  • I'm definitely happy to use just the plain oven since as you mention above it is so easily cleaned but I think I still will get some of those S&B caps for science.
    • I'm interested to see how big of a hit I can get with a capsule with a much smaller volume.:science:
      • Do you know off hand the volume of the Tera chamber? I know I can and probably will look this up. :rolleyes:
Anything that reduces the load size reduces the vapor production, the unit was designed to use a certain amount of herb, any less, like the Mighty (an afterthought), reduces the experience for me.
  • Having tried the Tera, for 4 or 5 sessions now, I think I kind of agree with you, it's just about right to hit as much as I'd like with the oven just about full. It just seems harder to build a big hit.
  • I think ultimately the idea of the capsules was to control dosing size and to help prevent against clean up.
    • Maybe the perfect capsule would be stainless steel, and with a much bigger volume that matches the Tera's native chamber size.
      • Then it totally makes cleanup of the Tera effortless while maintaining the same load size required for a sufficient hit or specifically as you say, vapor production.
      • Use-case might have specific problems though with the increase size of the capsule maybe it will be too malleable and easily deformed, I'm not sure if anything like that might be a prevalent?
      • Boundless are you listening?
    • But anyway, even if nothing like that ever gets developed I think the Tera is a fine product, especially at just little over $100 price point, to use and it's been well thought out from the ability to flip the orientation of the screen upside down, to the ease of use and lack of difficulty in/ need for excessive clean up.
      • At least from my minimal use so far :sherlock:
      • Very happy with my purchase :clap:

Last edited:

Some-new-user

• I think ultimately the idea of the capsules was to control dosing size and to help prevent against clean up.
    • Maybe the perfect capsule would be stainless steel, and with a much bigger volume that matches the Tera's native chamber size.
      • Then it totally makes cleanup of the Tera effortless while maintaining the same load size required for a sufficient hit or specifically as you say, vapor production.
      • Use-case might have specific problems though with the increase size of the capsule maybe it will be too malleable and easily deformed, I'm not sure if anything like that might be a prevalent?
      • Boundless are you listening?
My mighty dosing capsules get messy quite easily. I don't have a Tera at the moment but the mighty caps weren't a perfect fit either and would get stuck. I'd have to carry something around with me to act as a puller in this case.

What I did find interesting about the Tera is that it is more of a convection vape than a conduction vape so it depends quite a lot of your inhale.
I mean that the heat is produced by heater inside the unit and the act of you inhaling brings that heat into the bowl. The stainless steel chamber doesn't appear to be heated by the ceramic element at the bottom of this page -
PIU Tera Teardown or if it is it more sits on top and maybe gets some heat from that.
Vapes like the mighty and crafty have the chamber heat up too so there is more of a blend of conduction and convection.

Like you say through a water piece no problem but the glass mouthpiece does get a little warm, If you can only manage small breaths I'd suggest some small quick pulls at the beginning to start the air flowing a bit more.

Welcome to the vaping world! The Tera is a really great vape to start off with. It's really great to hear your experience and transition from smoking.
I'm really struggling to find another vape that has dual replaceable 18650 batteries, digital display, possibility of dosing pods and actually contends with the mighty in some way. I also took advantage of their holiday discounts and got a few new goodies on the way.

My main reason for pods is that walking outdoors with a vape has become one of my favourite things in life. They just make things easier all around. If that's something you think you'll like definitely try the mighty pods but find something like a paperclip that fits through the lid and keep this with your kit.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
the mighty caps weren't a perfect fit either and would get stuck.
Not so on the latest version of the V3, the bowl was enlarged a bee's dick to stop the top oven plastic ring cracking from the interference fit WPA that replaced the original magnetic WPA that ham fisted stoners kept dislodging. The capsules fit without sticking unless they are overly gummed up...which they should not be as S&B state they are single use only. :rofl:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Where is this from?
'They' that said it was on a bag of 400 in the Mighty thread...In fact, I am pretty sure there were at least 11780 posts about it, you can't be looking properly or have the wrong people looking :rofl:

I find no such info in literature either.
Edit, may have started on Reddit 2016 from a little research, I would have read it here later than that.

Last edited:
LesPlenty,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I feel dirty, I just went on reddit...again in 2 days, couldn't be fucked looking real hard but here is one of the latest descriptions from an unverified search quoting S&B saying they are single use), the oldest I could find yesterday, as stated, was Nov 2016 (start of single-use cap conspiracy) where the outcome was S&B CS said the caps were good for 'several' uses.
Are dosing capsules safe for many uses? : craftymighty (reddit.com)
I would have got the same info from a Youtube review (no doubt deleted by now) as I don't do instacrap. :tup:

Top Bottom