Boundless Tera

Guys I'm almost hitting the trigger with this one, anyone bought it already?Nice reviews and will fit the wpa (for those who have, does it leak?)
mouthpiece-stem-water-bubbler-14mm-with-glass.jpg

Luisguerreiro,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I think that looks awkward to use as you would have to stoop over it to use it to keep the water level...but if it is for on the 'go' then might be ok, a decent angled mouthpiece for use at home would be a better bet. :2c:

LesPlenty,

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
I have a lot of a trouble getting mine to really heat up the material. Even I set it to the max of 428F, it will take me what feels like hundreds of long draws to even start getting vapor, and even then it is miniscule. Same case through the water adapter. I get it's a session vape and not on demand like my VapCap, but one bowl taking so many hits just to get ABV that looks like it was cooked up to a max of 350F is weird. And by the time I start getting any real vapor, the device reaches its 5 minute timer and turns off, then I have to turn it back on because 'hold on bro, I'm not done yet'

Tried a bunch of short draws, a bunch of drawn out draws... it just doesn't seem to produce much of any vapor/heat in the bowl. Mine isn't new, I've had it for a while (sat on the shelf since getting a VapCap). I just figured it was normal, but after using a VapCap, I don't know any more. Maybe I have a faulty one, too, like some of the users in this thread? 5 min and tons of draws just to reach ABV that looks like 2 quick hits off a VapCap
=/

3dfx-glide,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I find the Tera needs as long a draw as you can muster, your lungs are the engine that drives the Tera. I usually get my biggest puff after a stir after the first 5 min sesh. The Plenty is similar, no real clouds until the 3rd pull(without a breather between puffs).

LesPlenty,

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
Well, I just ran a bowl for until I stopped getting vapor in my water piece (several minutes of huffing and puffing), and even that vapor was really hard to get. I look at the ABV and it's light golden yellow.. barely anything has been done to it. I took that ABV and put it into my VapCap and did the same through the water piece. Immediately I got a TON of vapor, and for 4 cycles. (Not combusted), and probably at less temp than the Tera's claimed 428F to boot.

This is a replacement Tera. My first one was before I had a VapCap and I had just as much trouble getting vapor (I had it replaced for another reason, I didn't even realize that little vapor wasn't normal). Between this and looking at the previous pages here of other's experiences needing to replace their Teras with replacements having the exact same issues as the original being sent in (LOL!)... not impressive, I have to say.

floribud

pop22

I bought a Terra in December 2019. It failed completely August 14, 2020. It took them almost 3 weeks to get me a replacement. I recieved the replacement Aug. 27 As of September 14, less than three weeks, this unit has failed also! This one, won't shut off. The display goes off but the heater remains on. I discovered this after finding my newly charged batteries in it stone dead. I never run my batteries below 50% I replaced them and used the vape. I picked it up an hour later and the vape was extremely hot! The batteries were so hot I was afraid they'd catch fire! Not a good thing with lithium batteries!

I had a Mighty I replaced three times, now this. are all these so called "premium" vapes really just over priced junk?? Funny, my 3.5 year old Focus Vape Pro still works like it did when new!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have not had a Tera fail, I got the cracked plastic oven surround from the early V3 wpa problem. I had a CFX and a Mighty fail on me and were replaced under warranty.
I have not had a desktop crap out yet so maybe it is a problem with portables with the heat so close to electronics and just all the extra knock and bumps involved with portables.
At least you will are still covered by warranty...

Last edited:
LesPlenty,

pop22

I owned a Mighty and it was a worse piece of junk than the Terra is! Warranteed three times and the fourth died and I gave up on them. I've not have one convection or hybrid that was reliable. Thank god for my Focus Vape Pro which is almost 4 years old and works like the day i bought it. I also have a Flowermate Swift Pro, which although the battery life really sucks, it always works........

Its a very good - medium size vape. The glass mouthpiece is the best. This the first Boundless vape that I consider an elite Vape. Its solid, pure convection, has a carb. batteries are insane. You could make a case this Vape might be better than the Mighty - The Tera is Micro USB (Major), The Tera comes with high quality replaceable 2 18650 batteries (Major). I find the output to be clean, natural and the vapor cooler (Major), Huge clouds (Major) comes includes a water Tool Adapter in the box (Major), The Mighty if you want a water adapter you have to buy outside of the company. The Tera is a true beast. Glass = Yum. Great buy under $200 USD. Also, am into the dosage pods - The Dossage Pods from the Crafty and Might fit perfectly into the Tera (Major for us Dosage Pod People) It also comes with a ton of quality accessories.

Request a video of a Tera v3 to happy to demo a session.

I like what S & B did with the Crafty Plus - I got one and love it. If they make a Mighty Plus and it has the same differences then I would rate the Mighty better than the Tera V3. I am excited about the Mighty Plus, but who knows when I heard its officially coming out. It's Okay I have the Crafty Plus and an hour and 10 minutes out of it. Compared to 45 for the regular Crafty Plus. and Micro USB.

I can do a video with Crafty Plus.

Mine turns on the heater but not the display and gets so hot I was afraid it would catch fire!

I dont think thats normal. While just sitting there and it turns heater on then it will turn off than back on rinse n repeat

pop22

I've debated posting further on this, but decided people need to know. The second replacement failed in three days wouldn't turn off had to take the batteries out then would not turn on again. Talked with the rep and he offered me the option of a CFX and a bong adapter. I took it. I had a CFX and when I bought the Terra, I gave away my CFX. If they made the CFX with replaceable batteries, it would be my last vape! I think the CFX is a better vape hands down. And all this nonsense about conduction vs convection if a bunch of nonsense. In a blind taste test, NO ONE would know the difference. The vapor from the CFX is every bit as good as the Terra.
Word is Boundless is having problems with their manufacturer, let's hope they get it fixed soon! I like Boundless as a company, and their support has been very good.

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
Word is Boundless is having problems with their manufacturer, let's hope they get it fixed soon
Obviously pure conjecture on my part, but that sounds reasonable. I have a 5ish year old cf and a 2+yr old tera (v3), never had even a hint of a problem (only that one time I got really high, accidentally set the target temp to 50 and was then terrified to find out that my tera didn't heat anymore)

RoyoOlivia

I've debated posting further on this, but decided people need to know. The second replacement failed in three days wouldn't turn off had to take the batteries out then would not turn on again. Talked with the rep and he offered me the option of a CFX and a bong adapter. I took it. I had a CFX and when I bought the Terra, I gave away my CFX. If they made the CFX with replaceable batteries, it would be my last vape! I think the CFX is a better vape hands down. And all this nonsense about conduction vs convection if a bunch of nonsense. In a blind taste test, NO ONE would know the difference. The vapor from the CFX is every bit as good as the Terra.
Word is Boundless is having problems with their manufacturer, let's hope they get it fixed soon! I like Boundless as a company, and their support has been very good.
How did you get in touch with a rep ....
I tried phone,email, also Eric at boundless.....also emailed where I bought It from.
no one responds at all.......
had the Tera less than a month .stopped working.....dead...
Expensive paperweight..
This was my first vape......
in hindsight....
should stay away from all vapes using batteries...........
delicate processor panels don’t do well with steam and high temps......
would greatly appreciate any help .
meanwhile back to the reliable bong.....

RoyoOlivia,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
in hindsight....
You would be doing yourself a disservice if you ignore battery vapes. Sure you may get a few problems but most are good...I even use a battery-powered IH for my butane vapes...lighters suck more and bugger up more than most battery vapes. :2c:
Did you try Eric here,

eric@bndlstech.com

LesPlenty,

pop22

Sent you a pm
How did you get in touch with a rep ....
I tried phone,email, also Eric at boundless.....also emailed where I bought It from.
no one responds at all.......
had the Tera less than a month .stopped working.....dead...
Expensive paperweight..
This was my first vape......
in hindsight....
would greatly appreciate any help .
meanwhile back to the reliable bong.....

pop22,

RoyoOlivia

You would be doing yourself a disservice if you ignore battery vapes. Sure you may get a few problems but most are good...I even use a battery-powered IH for my butane vapes...lighters suck more and bugger up more than most battery vapes. :2c:
Did you try Eric here,

eric@bndlstech.com

Thanks for the encouragement..I don’t believe batteries can compete with ac power...
I see your daily drivers are plug ins....
Think I may be headed that way .
researching the alpha dog....?
The battery vapes seem like occasionals..
Not the daily work horse.....
Eric finally got back to me and will send out a replacement,
just have to send off a video..

pop22

I see very little difference between my tabletop ( Herbalaire ) and the Tera. I've used both with a bong and the Tera can make enough vapor to get you coughing, that's good enough for me! I'm sure the CFX will do as well, will be trying that soon!
I doubt though that my Argo would do well with a bong but it make more than enough vapor for my daily needs and I don't have to run around with my mouth tasting like and ashtray because I smoked, that alone is reason enough for me to use a portable vape.

YungLeaner

I just wanted to pop in and say that the Tera has been my daily driver for months now and it works like a charm. It has effectively killed my VAS. All I've ever wanted is on demand full convection that rips through a bubbler, and the Tera does that easily.

It could maybe be a tiny bit more efficient if it had a smaller chamber, and I wish the WPA sealed better when the vape was upside down.

Beyond that I have no complaints. This is an A+ vaporizer in my book. Regarding what @pop22 said, I fully believe they have had a bad experience and that sucks. I fully believe Boundless will work to satisfy their concerns, though.

Boundless has had many problems throughout their lifespan but they have always taken advice, thoughtfully asked for feedback, and satisfied warranty demands. Which is more than I can say for many, many companies. I hope they will be around for a long time.

And frankly - I hope they get into the portable e-rig game...Puffco could use a big competitor to drive innovation.

TMC523

Does anyone have any experience using an arizer air solo 2 hydrotube bubbler mod for on the go with this vaporizer. Just want to know how easy it would be before purchasing the bubbler to make it slightly less harsh for the throat.

Petunia Vanish

Does anyone have any experience using an arizer air solo 2 hydrotube bubbler mod for on the go with this vaporizer. Just want to know how easy it would be before purchasing the bubbler to make it slightly less harsh for the throat.
Hydra tubes

Solo stem

Petunia Vanish,
Reactions: HughJundys

djelibebbi

AKA djelimon, but lost the email
Got a tera v3 in April, hit like a beast, but I was lulled by the solid feel of the body and didn't realize it's actually pretty delicate - seal cracked and screws falling out after about 2 months. Thankfully the vendor is sending me a replacement, but this kind of relegates it to the "vape in a bong when the power is out" niche vs "Replace the (slow yet sturdy) plenty" niche I was hoping for - I work my vapes fairly hard I guess. The next one I treat with kid gloves - stock mouthpiece or WPA only, maybe reinforce the screws...

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Bugger, sounds like the quality is not what it used to be, it sure is a pain to have a vape down, at least the unit has a 2 year warranty.

LesPlenty,
Top Bottom