• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Best rosin press for beginners?

topshelfmids

I've heard a lot of good things about this forum on reddit, this is literally my first time on this site so excuse the poor format.

I'm getting more interested in solvent less methods and rosin especially, what's the best press for beginners? I'm leaning towards the DabPress 6 Ton, seems like it has everything I need and its just plug n play.

Thanks in advance, hopefully someone reads this, not sure where I even posted this..

LongDraw

hi topshelfmids,

so, i dont' have a lot of experience with different presses, read on a lot, but only have used my DabPress 10 Ton. I was lucky at the time at got one of the last 10 ton pumps from strongway i belive before they stopped carrying them, but DabPress now offers their own, it is just a little more expensive.

I have loved my 10 ton, and the ability to monitor the pressure, plus option to use drip tech, where you tilt the machine, to let the rosin drip down.

I have seen plenty of other cool ones, all different prices. I think DabPress has the best price and quality balance, plus the U.S. rep that is on the thread is very responsive and helpful.

I would think any of theirs would be great, and you would just have to decide whether you want a one and done, but unable to know the pressure you are at, or one with an external pump that has a gauge.

Personally, i like a gauge to make things more easily to replicate, but from what i have read others don't have a lot of issues as they get practice and know when, or count the pumps, of when to stop.

Regardless, a rosin press i highly recommend. Soon i will have access to some good homegrown, and can't wait to press. I have pressed some low quality and dispensary stuff, but the dispensary stuff is to expensive for me to want to press much of it. It has been great to make my own concentrates whenever i want, and then supplement with some fancy stuff from a dispensary or finishing up some concentrate ig ot of the black market.

hope this helps. Do a lot of research of the other types, and do consider "growing out" of a certain model. I went with the 10 ton, because the cost difference between the other models was so small, if igured "buy once and cry once."

Greenleaf88

It's about a.month I have a 6 ton dab press and I'm super happy and get great production. Someone had said he had a 10 ton one that I have never tried but I believe it a little better but a little pricier.

With a dab press I believe you will be happy dont make the mistake I made, ordered a cheap press and was so dissapoited in production.

papa_ent

I've heard a lot of good things about this forum on reddit, this is literally my first time on this site so excuse the poor format.

I'm getting more interested in solvent less methods and rosin especially, what's the best press for beginners? I'm leaning towards the DabPress 6 Ton, seems like it has everything I need and its just plug n play.

Thanks in advance, hopefully someone reads this, not sure where I even posted this..

I have been doing the same research lately. Did you go with Dabpress? Thoughts, advice, things you have learned that you didnt as a noob?

StillHigh1982

I just ordered dabpress 6ton personal press. About to arrive. I have a lot of cured flower to press and also a lot of dry ice sift that I want to press. I have never used a rosin press before. I'm as noob as it gets. I ordered the combo filter pack and also a pre press for the flower with my machine. I'm looking for tips and tricks. Should I run my flower through pollen extractor and press the keef or should I press the flowers. Also do you guys/gals like to press wet flowers or cured. Should I use silicone baking mats or parchment or silicone paper or what. Also do I use filters with flower or just with keef. I have read so many things that contradict that I am now confused. Looking for personal experiences and info from enthusiasts like myself who are a little deeper into the processing game than I am.

CR250M

Ontario, CA
Regarding pollen extractor I did 60g on a trim tray and got 11g back of nice yellow kief, pressing that I get 5g waxy budder

Same buds pressed straight get about 8g toffee

honestly I prefer pressing straight bud as yields are higher and I think it tastes a lot better!

I like to use semi dry as the roz is easier to handle, fresher bud roz stays wet longer, I use 90u or 37u bags and parchment paper on my 3"x5" plates, can load 14g on one squish and then double squish but I prefer smaller loads ~7g and 1 squish only

StillHigh1982

Regarding pollen extractor I did 60g on a trim tray and got 11g back of nice yellow kief, pressing that I get 5g waxy budder

Same buds pressed straight get about 8g toffee

honestly I prefer pressing straight bud as yields are higher and I think it tastes a lot better!

I like to use semi dry as the roz is easier to handle, fresher bud roz stays wet longer, I use 90u or 37u bags and parchment paper on my 3"x5" plates, can load 14g on one squish and then double squish but I prefer smaller loads ~7g and 1 squish only
Thanks man! Very helpful.

StillHigh1982,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Aerogrower

If you aren't sure you'll like it, the juicebox was a decent setup to try, or just use a hair straightener if you have one. If you enjoy it, then I recommend the dabpress 10 ton, nice little compact kit with lots of pressure and a good size

Kins

Is it really worth it to purchase your own dab press?. I'm just guessing that they aren't really practical or meant for personal or home use. Or are there machines that are really meant for personal use on your kitchen countertop?....Edit: I answered my own question using google.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Is it really worth it to purchase your own dab press?. I'm just guessing that they aren't really practical or meant for personal or home use. Or are there machines that are really meant for personal use on your kitchen countertop?....Edit: I answered my own question using google.

Check out DabPress' offerings: https://www.dabpress.com/collections/hydraulic-rosin-heat-presses

^ They have a very good reputation around here for quality entry-level, personal-use rosin presses.

I've had my eye on that 10-ton Driptech model for some time.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I've been happy with my Rosinbomb Rocket. It does exactly what I need, when I need it.
I have heard a few good reports on this neat-looking unit, would not look out of place next to a fancy coffee maker in the kitchen. It's supposed to be great for squishing smaller amounts at a time...Troy at 420vapezone has one from memory.

Texus

Not generally a TVape fan, since they push their Utilian line waaaay too hard, but some good thoughts on the Rosinbomb Rocket.

Personally, I think that the Dabpress 6-ton is a great sweetspot in terms of price point and capability of producing great squishes. No pressure gauge, but not too hard to learn what the optimal pressure is without one. Be on the lookout for Sales, during Prime Day they were under $400 shipped.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Really? I would have thought 3/4 ton of pressure to be a bit low.
Really?
It's perfect for me. If I decide I need a bigger press I'll buy one, but my Rosinbomb Rocket suits me to where I'm not thinking of another press. I'm not sure what you are thinking 3/4 ton of pressure is too low for, or what you think I'm up to with my rosin press, but I use it to press rosin and it does it well. This is a press for my personal use, I did my research, got what I wanted, and am pleased with it. If anyone thinks I'm doing myself a disservice by not having a better rosin press, I will accept any superior rosin press gifted to me by that concerned person with enthusiasm and gratitude.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Really?
It's perfect for me. If I decide I need a bigger press I'll buy one, but my Rosinbomb Rocket suits me to where I'm not thinking of another press. I'm not sure what you are thinking 3/4 ton of pressure is too low for, or what you think I'm up to with my rosin press, but I use it to press rosin and it does it well. This is a press for my personal use, I did my research, got what I wanted, and am pleased with it. If anyone thinks I'm doing myself a disservice by not having a better rosin press, I will accept any superior rosin press gifted to me by that concerned person with enthusiasm and gratitude.

Please don't misunderstand. I'm not saying you're wrong with your choice. If it works for you, then rock it!

I am very inexperienced with rosin pressing, but have been reading up on it a bit over the last few of years because I eventually want one, but I have yet to pull the trigger. So my questions are only intended to learn from you and others with more experience.

It was my understanding that anything less than a few tons just isn't very efficient, and I recognize that may be wrong, which is why I asked. My apologies if it came off as if I was insulting your choice in any way.

I see other popular presses that are around 6 tons which are in the same price range as your rocket. That's another reason I'm asking. With that big of a difference, but a similar price, I'm trying to get a handle on which direction I should go.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I think the only drawback of the RosinBomb's lowish pressure is not being able to handle large loads (10g+) but is so easy to use that multiple squishings are not a hassle especially with its form factor. My setup takes up a table and would be a pain to pack away after each use if I had to compared to the RB and that auto button with no pumping looks good.
I think the RB would shine for the user that does not grow or dab a great deal and has access to many strains to play with as it looks perfect for single bud/small load pressing.

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
Please don't misunderstand. I'm not saying you're wrong with your choice. If it works for you, then rock it!

I am very inexperienced with rosin pressing, but have been reading up on it a bit over the last few of years because I eventually want one, but I have yet to pull the trigger. So my questions are only intended to learn from you and others with more experience.

It was my understanding that anything less than a few tons just isn't very efficient, and I recognize that may be wrong, which is why I asked. My apologies if it came off as if I was insulting your choice in any way.

I see other popular presses that are around 6 tons which are in the same price range as your rocket. That's another reason I'm asking. With that big of a difference, but a similar price, I'm trying to get a handle on which direction I should go.
I have a 12 ton and even when the plates have a 40 gram load 4" x7" I don't use half of of the gauge.
You only want enough pressure to move the goo any more works against quality.

Top Bottom