• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Best 18650 powered dry herb vape?

Simple10

Member, you member riiiight?
Which one should I get the Milaana or the Focus vaporizer?

My only requirements are removable 18650 battery use, under $220, on-demand functionality and capable of powerful hits/big clouds.

Simple10,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
There is some devices under 200$ with replacable batteries (18650) I used :

- X-Max V2 pro (aka Storm)
- Focus & Focus Pro (recommanded!)
- Adventurer (not recommanded except if you are all for water filtration)
- Starry
- MistVape Touch (contact manufacturer to get on the list, recommanded!)
- Firewood4 (recommanded!)
- Project, Eraser,... by @Pipes (dry herb atty to pair with a mod, recommanded)
- Divine Crossing Generation2 dry herb atty to pair with a mod (recommanded!)

The Milaana is more than 200$ I think...

There is a lot more devices I never tested (E-Capple, IQ, PureHit,...)

Nice to get so much choice but difficult to decide, isn't it?

Simple10

There is some devices under 200$ with replacable batteries (18650) I used :

- X-Max V2 pro (aka Storm)
- Focus & Focus Pro (recommanded!)
- Adventurer (not recommanded except if you are all for water filtration)
- Starry
- MistVape Touch (contact manufacturer to get on the list, recommanded!)
- Firewood4 (recommanded!)
- Project, Eraser,... by @Pipes (dry herb atty to pair with a mod, recommanded)
- Divine Crossing Generation2 dry herb atty to pair with a mod (recommanded!)

The Milaana is more than 200$ I think...

There is a lot more devices I never tested (E-Capple, IQ, PureHit,...)

Nice to get so much choice but difficult to decide, isn't it?

The decision would be easier if I knew which one of those devices you listed offers the hardest on-demand hits?
After some research I did notice that the Milaana and the Focus get the most comments on being hard hitters.

420EDC offers a Milaana bare bones package for $199. Still twice as much as the Focus but I'm leaning towards that, as I won't have to deal with burn offs and bad factory taste that might come with the Focus

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
The decision would be easier if I knew which one of those devices you listed offers the hardest on-demand hits?
After some research I did notice that the Milaana and the Focus get the most comments on being hard hitters.

420EDC offers a Milaana bare bones package for $199. Still twice as much as the Focus but I'm leaning towards that, as I won't have to deal with burn offs and bad factory taste that might come with the Focus
Let me know if you have any questions.

little maggie

I also recommend the tubo evic. I have the milaana, tubo and just got the mistvape. I like all 3 and they all fit your criteria. They are all hand made as well. The milaana is the most expensive of the 3. The mistvape and milaana are both unregulated. That impacts how hard they hit since you're in control of that. I find the mistvape the hardest in that it's harsher than the other 2 but I'm just learning to manage it so that may change.

The tubo is regulated and is higher tech. You can set the temperature and that impacts how hard it hits. The one negative about it that some find is that it uses a lot of battery power. I always have a backup ready so that's not a problem. I find it more like the Zion.
The tubo is in the unreleased portable section even though they are actually for sale. You can pretty much design it since you pick the outside and inside colors and whip colors. Of my battery vapes this is my current favorite.

YungLeaner

@Simple10 it entirely is dependent on your price range and vapor preferences.

What I mean is:

If your priority is fast, immediate clouds to get you quickly stoned while vaporizing alone, then the Milaana is an awesome choice. I think that vapes like the Milaana and MistVape which a lot of people will recommend here are not necessarily best for a new-ish vaporizer user. They require breath control, button feathering, etc. I am sure you'd get the hang of it, which is why I still think it's a good call if your focus is on efficiency and speed of extraction. I also would quite honestly not spend 199$ on a Milaana, and I am not throwing any shade or trying to start a fight. The reason is that if I want pure convection I can use a hydrobrick or stickybrick, and I honestly don't love the pure pure convection, my ideal involves a small amount of conduction.

However, I have used a Focus Pro for the last few weeks because I bought it for a friend, and it's pretty fucking nice. It's not going to be the instant convection experience, but it has very impressive taste, a nice ceramic chamber, a very ergonomic build, and a water pipe adapter that can deliver truly ludicrous hits through water, like milk your bong so hard it looks like smoke but it's not hits. Great for use with friends or longer sessions baking on the couch.

I would also consider the Vivant Alternate, which is a mostly-convection hybrid vape with some amount of conduction and swappable batteries. It is super cheap for the quality of vapor IMO, about 120 I think. It is widely reported to be amazing, and there were issues with the top section of it getting too hot and cracking, but they are in the process of replacing everyone's with a new edition that has a stainless steel ring where there used to be plastic and stronger material overall. I hit one a few times and badly want one myself, but I would suggest reaching out to the retailed (puffitup or vivant, presumably) and making sure that you're getting the safety updated one.

little maggie

Not to be repetitive but I don't think that the tubo require a lot of practice. I have the vivant and would still recommend the tubo, mistvape or milaana. The tubo because it is regulated and you control the temp is a bit easier than the mistvape and milaana. Still, it may take some practice to find how the latter work best for you but they are still easy to use. The only one recommended that I haven't tried is the focus.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
+1 for Milanna based on your requirements. I have it and a MistVape. I'm liking my MistVape a bit better, but the Mi will deliver huge hits without charring after a bit of practice.

duff

Well worn

little maggie

As @little maggie mentioned as well, if you are looking for an absolute beast with immediate huge flavor and clouds that is so easy my friends could do it with no instruction, then the Tubo is awesome.

Got it today and it is like no vape I've ever experienced.

It's probably more of a home unit that can travel if necessary.
I don't really travel and if I did I'd use a vapcap. But in terms of size it's close to the size of the milaana and zion.

little maggie,
Reactions: Cl4ud3

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Don't know why the Focus is listed here though, it's not on-demand nor convection, just a classic session conduction vape nope?
I missed this part... you can take off the Storm/X-max, Starry, Focus and Adventurer from the list! and maybe the FW4 which is not trully on-demand.

PPN,
Reactions: KeroZen

AJS

Calm Consistency
+1 for Milaana ... I can get some of the fastest, fattest rips out of this thing than most of the vapes I've tried.

Apparently MVT is pretty great too.

I just know with great confidence the Milaana will have more than enough power for most of us.

Simple10

Not to be repetitive but I don't think that the tubo require a lot of practice. I have the vivant and would still recommend the tubo, mistvape or milaana. The tubo because it is regulated and you control the temp is a bit easier than the mistvape and milaana. Still, it may take some practice to find how the latter work best for you but they are still easy to use. The only one recommended that I haven't tried is the focus.

Is the maker of the Tubo gonna open up a storefront site anytime soon? It does look intriguing but I really don't want to have to pm someone to buy stuff.

Don't know why the Focus is listed here though, it's not on-demand nor convection, just a classic session conduction vape nope?

I don't care about convection vs conduction, I never mentioned that. I just thought I read the session timer for the Focus was shorter than normal so I figured that might be good enough for a few bong rips before it shuts off. However I'm crossing it off the list, I don't want to deal with factory residue and burn offs.

At this point I'm just debating which wood-n-battery vape to get: Mi, MVT, or FW4?

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Can confirm. Milaana hits harder (and less harsh) than FW4 (ymmv as always)

Tubo store will be up sometime in the future stocked with tubos and other goodies from what I understand. I wouldn't hesitate to PM @funkyjunky tho, the tubo is an absolute beast and he's a pretty nice guy to boot

Cl4ud3

This might be controversial, I haven't used the FW in any form but I know people who have told me it takes them a couple of capsules to get them to that place. IMO and only mine, taste is subjective, I have the MVT and the Milaana but I need the 18mm stem of the Mi for the best taste experience and hits.

I would take the Mi over them all because its better to have something overly powerful you can mod down (think @DDave 14mm mod, makes it the same size as the MVT) than have something you can't mod up.

little maggie

Is the maker of the Tubo gonna open up a storefront site anytime soon? It does look intriguing but I really don't want to have to pm someone to buy stuff.

I don't care about convection vs conduction, I never mentioned that. I just thought I read the session timer for the Focus was shorter than normal so I figured that might be good enough for a few bong rips before it shuts off. However I'm crossing it off the list, I don't want to deal with factory residue and burn offs.

At this point I'm just debating which wood-n-battery vape to get: Mi, MVT, or FW4?
What is the problem with pming someone? If you ever decide to get anything from toasty top like a HI or any of his great accessories you'd have to email Alan.
I don't know about the firewood 4 but the fw3 came with small capsules that were a pain to use to me. If you are considering the milaana and the mistvape don't rule out the tubo. It is regulated unlike the other 2 and now, with the newest upgrade you can use it as a session or on demand vape. You control the temperature. I've had trouble using anything else since I got it. It compares more to the Zion than either the mistvape or milaana.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I just thought I read the session timer for the Focus was shorter than normal so I figured that might be good enough for a few bong rips before it shuts off.

I don't get why so many members put any kind of importance on the timer length, as if they accepted having their sessions dictated by the machine...

If the timer is too short, you just need to re-engage it with a single button press. And if it's too long you can power off the vape at any time.

But over and over I read members being tied to their timers, like changing temperature only on timer boundaries, or having to extract everything before it times out etc... *You* are in control guys, don't let the machine dictate you anything, it's just a tool.

Zow237

Does anyone here know why the warnings on here batteries say not to use them with vaporizers and ecigs units.. just to cover their own ass in case of some sort of failure or explosion with them? Like a cell phone company having something put forward so that if anything happened to us due to their devices or frequencies then they are not liable for anything and use at your own risk

Top Bottom