BAKx - bake all kinds

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
That's fair. So it's a complexity that is by choice, but not required. I'll keep an open mind then. Won't be jumping in soon, but I will keep on eye on the thread.

Many of us were intimidated when we took the leap into 510 mods for our vapes, and for the most part turned out to be pretty simple to get going in most cases, BAK is one of the simplest in my experience to set up and go

davendk93

Enthusiast/Customizer
I’m on the newsletter, but anyone have an idea of when the next drop will happen?

davendk93,

GoldenBud

Looking for an user with a BAKx and P80 mod and a needle thermometer, for confirming P80 temps - but it will help you configure BAKx within 1 minute or so... for these mods... I tested them all except P80.. but I know Predator and P80 should read almost the same:

(PS: According to "Heat Principles" course, the heater is the hottest thing in the system. but because lamart wanted people to use 0.200 for convenience purposes the walls were +30degC for some users etc)

BAKx-Temps.png

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I’m on the newsletter, but anyone have an idea of when the next drop will happen?
Shhhh , dont let the Olympic clickers get a heads up or you will never get in line .Just check your email daily :D !
@GoldenBud Can i employ your services for a price ? I would rather save my fingerjoints the wear and tear and let the pro's handle it.

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,
  • Haha
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

@GoldenBud Can i employ your services for a price ? I would rather save my fingerjoints the wear and tear and let the pro's handle it.
haha you know what? I can try, I am not vaping anymore...for the next months at least... will sell it to u in 185CHF + Shipping if you want.... day 48 of my break :D
I will bookmark few BAKx and try lol, you bookmark some too for raising chances :D

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I was looking at the Ravage 230 and the Predator.
I have a few of the Ravage 230 that I loaded with Red Panda a couple of years ago. Maybe I just slept on it, but I've never known them to be Tubo compatible? Are they now Tubo compatible and another mod option for the BAKx? Also, @Improvaper I see you're running yours on a Grus. Are you still liking that setup with your BAKx? I have a few Grus loaded with AF, assuming that's the firmware you have running on yours as well? Just doing some mod pre-inventory to make sure I have all of my mod bases covered when I'm lucky enough to get one of these.

GoldenBud

I have a few of the Ravage 230 that I loaded with Red Panda a couple of years ago. Maybe I just slept on it, but I've never known them to be Tubo compatible? Are they now Tubo compatible and another mod option for the BAKx? Also, @Improvaper I see you're running yours on a Grus. Are you still liking that setup with your BAKx? I have a few Grus loaded with AF, assuming that's the firmware you have running on yours as well? Just doing some mod pre-inventory to make sure I have all of my mod bases covered when I'm lucky enough to get one of these.
AF works perfect for the BAK
TCR 185, Resistance reduced 0.022 from cold, locked, temp from 390F+, 50W is enough for slow drawers, 60W is enough for fast drawers, or 70W if you want to... if it doesn't get hot (I don't like heatsinks)
390F requires 30s-40s soaking
420F+ requires like 25s soaking

Ravage 230 doesn't support tubomyevic AFAIK

Last edited:

buckhakeesah

Will there be any bakx being dropped for today? Also, what all comes with it when you land a bakx deal if you happen to have been lucky enough to win one? Trying to plan out my purchase on any accessories needed to go with this thing while this weekend sale lasts even though I probably will not get the main unit for a while.

buckhakeesah,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Will there be any bakx being dropped for today? Also, what all comes with it when you land a bakx deal if you happen to have been lucky enough to win one? Trying to plan out my purchase on any accessories needed to go with this thing while this weekend sale lasts even though I probably will not get the main unit for a while.
It’s my understanding that todays drop is just Tetras and a handful of TetraXs.

For the bakx, the accessories will depend on what you want to do with it. I have been enjoying some full melt concentrates with it, so I really love the U banger. For flower I think the must have accessories are a wpa of some kind and a beaded stem for native use.

I think it’s subject to change, but it comes with a non beaded stem in glass and stainless and pieces of silicone tubing and an o ring to serve as wpa adapters. They work surprisingly well, though I prefer a real wpa for flexibility. But if you don’t find that to be valuable you could probably pass on any wpa. Otherwise in the box it just came with a heat shield and various paper washers to orient it to the users liking on a mod box.

buckhakeesah

Thanks @gordontreeman Bakx has become the next must have for me and I'm been trying to piece this together in hopes of acquiring one in the near future. Any preference on using the 18 vs. 14 for the WPAs or Ubanger? I see they ran out of the 14 pretty fast in the Ubanger.

buckhakeesah,
Reactions: passenger

buckhakeesah

I think I prefer the 14 for the oil consumption. I do have the options of going 18 and 14 so I've been bouncing the idea of what is practical for the bakx setup. Might have to wait for more production to come online for the 14mm, I think that's the route I'll take.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks @gordontreeman Bakx has become the next must have for me and I'm been trying to piece this together in hopes of acquiring one in the near future. Any preference on using the 18 vs. 14 for the WPAs or Ubanger? I see they ran out of the 14 pretty fast in the Ubanger.

I'm not sure any 14 ubanger were ever available? The ones made by Ralph were all 18 since that's what he had, but I haven't even checked to see what new accessories are available if glassCharlie BAK stuff is up?? If they were available then it makes sense they would sell fast because most people have that for dab stuff instead of 18 I know I do and I have a lot of 10 mm for dabs (fortunately Ralph was able to hook me up with just one of those since he found a joint he could use lol I still need to test it out though and find a plug to fit...) actually I still need to try my extension cable and stainless steel stem, but tough to change things up lol

Anyway I also am lucky enough to have both an 18 and a 14 glass WPA stem, so now those have been all I am using... Through dry cooling glass pieces and water pieces too, doesn't really make a difference, you just use the right size to correspond to whatever piece you are using with it... I rotate accordingly, my 18 has a little basket screen for smaller load ground up, my 14 has a screen in reverse a bit deeper for better use with whole nugs (not too big, even two tiny ones rather) and larger loads of grounds... Better airflow when not ground up or packed too tight though this is not a vape for high air flow in general even with a whole nug or loose load, so yeah use whatever you have!

buckhakeesah

Thanks for chiming in @Shit Snacks My eyes maybe were playing tricks on me. I thought I saw some 14s available at one point. Time to get ready for the drop. Maybe a TetraX is in my future ;)

gordontreeman

Yeah, there were never 10mm but the Glass Charlie U-bangers had 14mm sizes available. As others said, between them its entirely preference and what kind of glass you already have.

edit: Ralph may have done his own 10mm prototypes, though.

gordontreeman,

buckhakeesah

I'm so silly, I have better options for concentrates. I'm really interested now in the bakx for its ability to be my device to tackle the hash duties. Although, the videos that have been posted of it powering through concentrate has been impressive I gotta say man. I was actually lucky to add a few TetraXs to my cart but I ended up not getting them during the launch today. This gives me hope.... I'm really hoping for a bakx eventually. Good luck to all that scored today.

buckhakeesah,

gordontreeman

I'm so silly, I have better options for concentrates. I'm really interested now in the bakx for its ability to be my device to tackle the hash duties. Although, the videos that have been posted of it powering through concentrate has been impressive I gotta say man. I was actually lucky to add a few TetraXs to my cart but I ended up not getting them during the launch today. This gives me hope.... I'm really hoping for a bakx eventually. Good luck to all that scored today.

I don't get a ton of hash so no first hand experience, but people seem to love it with the Bakx. Don't sleep on it as a concentrate device, though. The Glass Charlie u bangers do a phenomenal job with full melts. Its the easiest and most approachable way that I have to do low-temp dabs.

Top Bottom