BAKx - bake all kinds

passenger

is this thing on?
If this new Lamart device would have been a convection design I would have passed (the TP80 is still awesome) but this should be great for deep effects at night. Thanks to @GoldenBud I've successfully entered the rabbit hole: I've got a predator mod coming in - the fiddly mod aspect bothers me a bit, I'm one click away from a needle thermometer now. Christ.

GoldenBud

Yes the Predator is probably the best mod I've ever had (out of VTC Dual, P80, ELEAF Rim-C, RX 2/3 both 2 and 3 batteries) the P80 is just as good but 1 battery only.
doesn't get warm at 70w even on w2c which is making this mod using 70w all along for 20-30 seconds... very high VFM

I suggest getting a thermometer just because its cost is like 5% of the BAKx itself, but people with Predator can lock their mod around 0.193 resistasnce and test the BAKx around 210c (soaking the BAKx stem inside the oven for like 15s-25s) , and see if they like it. not all Predators are the same, so maybe you will need 0.194, but not 0.200 or so. it's too high (for TCR=185)

@DeadRabb1t proved that the BAKx can be almost 100% convection with temps like ~260c (walls temp, not heater, so set your mod to 270c+) without soaking. feel free to test it with your own mod(s).

hoyo77

Yes the Predator is probably the best mod I've ever had (out of VTC Dual, P80, ELEAF Rim-C, RX 2/3 both 2 and 3 batteries) the P80 is just as good but 1 battery only.
doesn't get warm at 70w even on w2c which is making this mod using 70w all along for 20-30 seconds... very high VFM

I suggest getting a thermometer just because its cost is like 5% of the BAKx itself, but people with Predator can lock their mod around 0.193 resistasnce and test the BAKx around 210c (soaking the BAKx stem inside the oven for like 15s-25s) , and see if they like it. not all Predators are the same, so maybe you will need 0.194, but not 0.200 or so. it's too high (for TCR=185)

@DeadRabb1t proved that the BAKx can be almost 100% convection with temps like ~260c (walls temp, not heater, so set your mod to 270c+) without soaking. feel free to test it with your own mod(s).
i hope the Thelema does just as well. i went that route and ordered the bigger batteries from molicel

GoldenBud

I sure hope. Is it really THAT good?
the same as the Anvil (after bowl is soaked inside the BAKx for 25s-35s, around real 220c) but all glass vapor pathway.. maybe can pump more clouds if the herb is placed only at the top part of the bowl.. the hottest part of the bowl is the middle.. i really liked to place grinded herb in the top of the bowl.. light ABV, a lot of vapor, strong hybrid/conduction effects

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
the same as the Anvil
I find this comparison very surprising. They seem really different to me. I enjoy the BAKx more than my Anvil, but it tastes and acts really different. The Anvil excels at dead simple hits that can be dialed in perfectly depending on where you hit it with the torch. BAK really nailed the great flavor of glass conduction.

In a way I feel like they both took features of the vapcap and perfected them in opposite directions. I definitely think the BAKx is better for me than the Anvil.

This probably went over the line into comparison. I am just always mystified when I have seen you say it is like the Anvil.😃

Steel28

I find this comparison very surprising. They seem really different to me. I enjoy the BAKx more than my Anvil, but it tastes and acts really different. The Anvil excels at dead simple hits that can be dialed in perfectly depending on where you hit it with the torch. BAK really nailed the great flavor of glass conduction.

In a way I feel like they both took features of the vapcap and perfected them in opposite directions. I definitely think the BAKx is better for me than the Anvil.

This probably went over the line into comparison. I am just always mystified when I have seen you say it is like the Anvil.😃
Maybe he meant vapor production? :)

hoyo77

I sure hope. Is it really THAT good?
don’t have mine yet but i am surprised how the anvil has come up in comparison. i have anvil and i can’t wait to test side by side. i am sure the Bakx will edge out in flavor. the Bakx actually reminds me of the HAMMER butane vape. that thing was a flavor beast.

GoldenBud

why the BAKx is like the Anvil in my opinion:
The BAKx around 220c-230c will make your bubbler "whiter" than the Tetra P80, but the taste of the Tetra P80 is slightly better. same like the Anvil. the bubbler after a strong hit from the Anvil is whiter, the taste of the Tetra hits around 220c-230c is more "deep", i felt the terpenes better, and the ABV is not too dark.

I think the Tetra P80 was the tastiest vape I've had in my collection.

For me, after hours of testing/calibration with the thermometer, the BAKx is simple stupid too. no torch needed at all.. so.. I prefer that ;)
I knew exactly how to get the hits that I liked. Sometimes I was starting at 195c, sometimes at 225c.

hoyo77

why the BAKx is like the Anvil in my opinion:
The BAKx around 220c-230c will make your bubbler "whiter" than the Tetra P80, but the taste of the Tetra P80 is slightly better. same like the Anvil. the bubbler after a strong hit from the Anvil is whiter, the taste of the Tetra hits around 220c-230c is more "deep", i felt the terpenes better, and the ABV is not too dark.

I think the Tetra P80 was the tastiest vape I've had in my collection.

For me, after hours of testing/calibration with the thermometer, the BAKx is simple stupid too. no torch needed at all.. so.. I prefer that ;)
I knew exactly how to get the hits that I liked. Sometimes I was starting at 195c, sometimes at 225c.
What mod are you using??

Medivapequeen

Yeah, ditto. On discord he mentioned he would probably need most of the week to package them all so I'm tempering my excitement as best I can--out of sight, out of mind and all. I am of course excited to get my hands on it, but I've got a nice stable to tide me over so its a little easier to be patient these days :).
Ooh which discord is this? Quite keen to aquire one at some point.

Do lamart sell a flashed mod you can buy with it or do you need to buy a DNA device and flash it?

Medivapequeen,
Reactions: GoldenBud
Top Bottom