BAKx - bake all kinds

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I think most of this talk is an enthusiastic hobbyist enjoying their thing.
Dunno. I think there's a line between wanting to be helpful and needing to be right.

Other members have clearly stated that for them, it doesn't matter what readout if they enjoy the results but the counter seems to be that somehow you can't *really* be having a good time if your 350 isn't a true 350. 🤷‍♂️

That said, I’m ultimately grateful bc in spending the mental energy to parse the debate, I’ve come to realize that my use case is limited and I’m probably just as well served by vapes I already own.

Tl;dr I withdrew my CHF750 guaranteed access bid bc @GoldenBud killed my buzz. 😉

GoldenBud

Other members have clearly stated that for them, it doesn't matter what readout if they enjoy the results but the counter seems to be that somehow you can't *really* be having a good time if your 350 isn't a true 350. 🤷‍♂️
sorry brother and all FC members, 2 mods checked, REAL 350f no vapor and i tried my slowest draw loong draw... even 380f no vapor.... after 1 minute of soaking... it's too low for this. I wish one of the new members will have a thermometer to check it, because I am not feeling fine to ask funky about it, I don't want him to say that the 350f guys are wrong..
all my tests are done with a needle thermometer that is working fine and is accurate.

I don't need to be right. I don't want to be right. all i want is to save time for people.
the real 350f will not work. sorry. I spent more than 3 hours NET for testing, but telling you the truth about it? I enjoyed it. my mission is to save time for people.

science explaination: Dynavap works well with 395F, the K value of SS316 is like 25 or so, K value of Boro is 1.4.
so... higher K requires less temp
lower K requires higher temp

BAKx works from 390f+ . 390f needs 40++ seconds of soaking the stem inside the BAKx.
420F works with even 25s of soaking.
Huge clouds at 430F, 25s of soaking.
PS
even with TCR=91/92 , real 380f won't work. I wish somebody can back me up soon. but no biggies if no.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So someone is bidding to pay 650 to dodge the drop and have first access to buy a 185 device?
:mental:
Good for Lamart!
But FOMO is a strange beast for sure...

Not exactly, as I explained previously to someone else here, the bidding is not just access to pay 185, it includes the cost of the BAK itself... It allows you to bypass the drop, bum rush lottery, allowing you to pick your own unit at a leisurely pace by looking at all of them together ahead of the drop... So really it is early access to the BAK itself, not early access to just participate in the drop

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
So, I usually I wait two weeks to a month before I make up my mind about a new device. However, since this is a borrowed vape and I have to decide if I am going to try for the drop on Sunday, I am drawing some conclusions. Like every device, YMMV. TL;DR I don't think I am going to try my luck on Sunday.

It's a great device. It absolutely delivers the hits that you seen in this thread with ground flower, whole nugs, etc. It is really tasty. I think a lot of battery conduction vapes really mute how good hybrid and conduction flavor can be. This one give you that in abundance. It works well for bubble hash and shatter, but I think I would like that better if I had the BAK banger. I saw that on in action today on Instagram (@almost there , I think?) and it seems like a real upgrade.

I quickly moved into a good ritual with the BAKx. I love the emergency eject. I basically do half my hits with the heater off. It takes me about 30 seconds to get up to my temperature, which is not overly long. I could probably tune that more if I cared to. I could see people really digging this ritual. For me, it's not ideal right now. I could see this being someone's lifelong favorite device, but I don't think I would bring it into the rotation often enough.

I prefer it dry on the Prophet. It is good on my cooler j-hooks, although it can be a little harsh that way. Through water it is fantastic too, but I feel like I lose some of the special taste.

I plan to pick up a BAK some time later, if I can. I think I would just like to see some more refinements on the idea. I would probably feel differently if @iDRINKBLEACH had not generously loaned me his device. But for now, I think I can be patient.

To be clear, I don't think it was over-hyped. I think the beta testers and reviewers presented it fairly. It really does deliver. It is unlike almost everything in my collection, in a good way. I just think I will wait for the next one.

GoldenBud

I think a lot of battery conduction vapes really mute how good hybrid and conduction flavor can be
Please don't send the BAKx back to him before you use your Predator with 0.193 locked, TCR 185, 70w, 440F (25-30s soaking) . you will feel the effects in your arms and will join this drop. it's a very potent conduction chill-stoned vaped.

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Please don't send the BAKx back to him before you use your Predator with 0.193 locked, TCR 185, 70w, 440F (25-30s soaking) . you will feel the effects in your arms and will join this drop. it's a very potent conduction chill-stoned vaped.
I actually tried this last night. I didn't like it as much as my original settings on the RX Gen3. It went a little too slowly and finally a little too harsh. I am sure I could alter my technique and draw but it was not my favorite. I tried my settings on the predator and it was great! (.2 locked, TCR 185, 50w 380F)

I appreciate the help though!

GoldenBud

(.2 locked, TCR 185, 50w 380F)
I tested it with a thermometer, your 380F is actually 435F+- .. I like 435F too! send it back and get the BAKx later..
1677882778933.jpg

edit: even 445F
1677883260659.jpg

I knew you're a high temp vaporist.. ;)

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
remember there's a soaking of 30 seconds... it will reach the temp....the bowl will reach the temp of ~440F after less than 30 seconds...
Do you think it's reasonable to assume that's true? You don't seem to think it's reasonable for people to assume the screen is correct, and fwiw I agree, but can you find a way to get that probe down the stem and into, or very near the bowl? It seems like it might be possible from the pictures but I'm guessing, and at the very least it will give you another data point to consider.

GoldenBud

You don't seem to think it's reasonable for people to assume the screen is correct,
I am 100% sure that if the 350F guys will get a thermometer, the walls temp there will be 420F+. no vapor with 350F. tested 2 mods with a needle thermometer, REAL 350F didn't gave vapor even after 80 seconds of heat soaking.

if the walls are achieving temp of 450F within 30sec, I think also the bowl will (same borosilicate glass) and the gap between the bowl to the walls is less than 0.2cm...

Last edited:

GoldenBud

stick the temp probe down into your bowl of herb?
If I'll have to insert the thermometer into the bowl, the bowl will be outside of the BAKx, hence the bowl will lose heat to the environment.. it's a problem.. wish I could do it... and we know glass tends to lose heat quicker than ss316l... for example...

GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

If I'll have to insert the thermometer into the bowl, the bowl will be outside of the BAKx, hence the bowl will lose heat to the environment.. it's a problem.. wish I could do it

You should be able to do it from the other end though if you don't use a screen? Anyway that's the point you'll never know so you shouldn't presume you have more authority over others experience, etc. ;)

GoldenBud

You should be able to do it from the other end though if you don't use a screen? Anyway that's the point you'll never know so you shouldn't presume you have more authority over others experience, etc. ;)
Ok I liked the idea! and tried it - but the dimples inside the stem won't let me insert the thermometer to the top of the BAKx... it was 130c but it's not like how I test - i test on the top of the bakX inside..

but - as we know from Fourier law - if your mod's screen say 350F, the heater is at 350F, hence every layer (heater>walls>bowl>herb) lose heat. so if the heater is at 350F, the walls maybe on 345F, the bowl is at 340F or so, and it's impossible to get vapor this way, because only when I've got 390F with the thermometer, the vapor was very airy and not thick, after 50 seconds of soaking.

so, if your heater is at 350F, it's impossible to get vapor. hence, it's not really 350F...

I suggest you to read about Fourier law of conduction , each layer lose some heat, it's not the same temp...if my thermometer showed 370F and I've got no vapor - i dunno how you can get vapor at 370F.

if possible, get a 5$ needle thermometer too

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I'm sorry @GoldenBud bro, I'm honestly not trying to debunk your findings, I think they are useful, interesting and valid. There no such thing as to much data! I'm trying to play devils advocate and ask you, as the user with the equipment, to test the load itself if it's possible. Boro is a good insulator, so is air. I think it's reasonable to expect a ∆t between the outside edge of the heater core, and the inside edge of the bowl.

Edit: I see you can't get the probe past the nipples (😉 ss) in the stem. Shame...

GoldenBud

I'm sorry @GoldenBud bro, I'm honestly not trying to debunk your findings, I think they are useful, interesting and valid. There no such thing as to much data! I'm trying to play devils advocate and ask you, as the user with the equipment, to test the load itself if it's possible. Boro is a good insulator, so is air. I think it's reasonable to expect a ∆t between the outside edge of the heater core, and the inside edge of the bowl.

Edit: I see you can't get the probe past the nipples (😉 ss) in the stem. Shame...
So how you explain that grass yes thought he is using 380f but he actually used 445f?

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Shit Snacks

Just know that due to this my like on your post came with a hint of rage ;):cuss::lmao:

So how you explain that grass yes thought he is using 380f but he actually used 445f?

The same way I explain what you think, different people with different experiences based on their different setups and styles

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I haven't claimed that. I just don't think it is useful information or accurate to put a meat thermometer in the oven. But I know it is fun for you so no harm in it.

Grass Yes,

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Not exactly, as I explained previously to someone else here, the bidding is not just access to pay 185, it includes the cost of the BAK itself... It allows you to bypass the drop, bum rush lottery, allowing you to pick your own unit at a leisurely pace by looking at all of them together ahead of the drop... So really it is early access to the BAK itself, not early access to just participate in the drop

Yes, i realise it includes the device (imagine it wouldn't :D) but it still means that they are paying 650 for a 185 device. Just to avoid the risk of not scoring one during the drop. That's what i meant actually.
For me it's quite amazing to pay more then three times the price just to be sure you don't miss out (and have the first choice) instead of trying your luck on the drop.

GoldenBud

I stopped being a participate of the 350F-or-real-430F conversation, if somebody uses 350F and never combust, who cares what temp is?
My goal was that if somebody new get the BAKx and uses 350F with wrong setup (TCR, TCR power (-1), or Resistance setting) without a thermometer, he'll combust (also depends how much the WPA/Stem is forgotten in the BAKx! if it's forgotten for too long it'll be black/combusted)

All the information is written already. I see people get a Predator and I like it. I'm glad that I brought it!

P.S
Remember - if you see 400F on the mod's screen, it means that the temp of the heater is 400F, so the walls will be colder a bit (each layer lose heat, according to the equation of Fourier: q=-k*A*dt/dr
-k because the heater has the highest temp, that's why the minus)

Last edited:
Top Bottom