Atlas by Cloud Connoisseur (iDB)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Nice looking combo! I have no interest in that moonshine jug of a bubbler though. What's the upside of vaping with 20 to 30oz of water? Is it just cheaper to make than something with a heavy glass base? It just seems like a waste of water to me so my only guess was that the extra weight was useful somehow.

Well there's nothing about it that makes it cheaper to make, this was his own custom design, to have the big bottom base and hold a lot of water with skinny neck top...:shrug:

My Atlas had one of the defective chambers that cracked, being remade right now, excited to get it back for some new glass I have! Also looking forward to trying the Prodigy for myself, very curious indeed...

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Nice looking combo! I have no interest in that moonshine jug of a bubbler though. What's the upside of vaping with 20 to 30oz of water? Is it just cheaper to make than something with a heavy glass base? It just seems like a waste of water to me so my only guess was that the extra weight was useful somehow.
I know wet vs dry vaping is a big debate in the vaping community where there are many threads dedicated to debating pros and cons, but the reason I chose more water than average to force more vapor through water for added moisture.not really for any cooling reasons.
I went with a smaller perc that I didn’t want on the bottom of the glass because it would cause a lot more diffusion with the small perc I chose to preserve more flavor there, since I had spikes on the downstem and in the mouthpiece that also has the bends in it to give more natural cooling that won’t affect the flavor.
I’m happy with the results of the cooling/moisture/flavor preservation that it gives especially since it was made for vapes that give bigger hits that can irritate the throat from the dense dry vapor or the heat that can hit the throat in the inhale.
Prodigy isn’t for every one, but I wish every one could try it ❤️❤️❤️

Edit—- sorry about horrible run on sentence and grammar. Super busy with some stuff. I reread and vomited at it. I cleaned up a bit so sorry

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I know wet vs dry vaping is a big debate in the vaping community where there are many threads dedicated to debating pros and cons, but the reason I chose more water than average to force more vapor through water for added moisture, not really for any cooling reasons. I went with a smaller perc I didn’t want on the bottom of the glass because it would cause a lot more diffusion with the small perc I chose to reduce diffusion to preserve more flavor there since I had spikes on the downstem and in the mouthpiece that also has the bends in it to give more natural cooling that won’t affect the flavor.
I’m happy with the results of the cooling/moisture/flavor preservation that it gives especially since it was made for vapes that give bigger hits that can irritate the throat from the dense dry vapor or the heat that can hit the throat in the inhale.
Prodigy isn’t for every one, but I wish every one could try it ❤️❤️❤️
Appreciate the details. It's true that I mostly use j-hooks and cooling stems unless my collyland vapes are warmed up. It's probably my own unfamiliarity but beakers and traditional/scientific bubblers aren't nearly so capacious so it seemed excessive: like how much of all that water is the little perc really using since the bubbles are mostly just gonna come straight up? I trust your judgment though and the Halo and Atlas are heavies so I can't be mad at a honker custom glass piece to pair it with

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Appreciate the details. It's true that I mostly use j-hooks and cooling stems unless my collyland vapes are warmed up. It's probably my own unfamiliarity but beakers and traditional/scientific bubblers aren't nearly so capacious so it seemed excessive: like how much of all that water is the little perc really using since the bubbles are mostly just gonna come straight up? I trust your judgment though and the Halo and Atlas are heavies so I can't be mad at a honker custom glass piece to pair it with
I have a piece made specifically for dry vapers coming up very soon that you will love brother. Many ways to skin a cat and not every body does it the same. True believer in all that matters is what works and feels the best for you I only ask questions when preferred method is combusting 🤮. There is about an 1.5 inch of still water at the bottom when you release for carb. Which is about an inch more than I thought it would have tbh.

Shit Snacks

Appreciate the details. It's true that I mostly use j-hooks and cooling stems unless my collyland vapes are warmed up. It's probably my own unfamiliarity but beakers and traditional/scientific bubblers aren't nearly so capacious so it seemed excessive: like how much of all that water is the little perc really using since the bubbles are mostly just gonna come straight up?

Well given the nature of water, it's all moving it's all in flux, so it is all a factor, you can of course choose how much water you want to load, to further customize that experience and the airflow / draw restriction... But yeah that is the whole point, there is no other glass that exists like this, so it is something very different and we will see how it compares to the current more standard offerings! Some water pieces do hold a ton of water though, but they don't always have the proper design to accommodate like this one seems to? I will say that the design of the prodigy is not overtly appealing to me either, so I've also had mixed feelings, unsure how interested I am in it, though it's uniqueness (and high quality level) and the thought put into it, are what make me certain that I still just have to try it for myself!

I trust your judgment though and the Halo and Atlas are heavies so I can't be mad at a honker custom glass piece to pair it with

Yeah man, that's the spirit, and as he says, this is only the first piece, the dry piece is going to knock your fucking socks off, and some other ideas kicking around for additional water pieces down the line :haw:

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
I vape in my bed a lot. The big bottom when filled makes it very stable and unlikely to fall over.While not done for cooling reasons it does just that. I was able to crank up both Atlas and Halo well past my usual comfortable voltage. Bigger hits for sure. The flavors do come thru even with 25 oz. of water. Ran a strain with lower flavors and the terps came out fine.It has the most effortless pull of any glass except maybe my rbr. The glass is very thick and mouthpiece is comfortable. Never once did water hit my mouth while hitting,a deal breaker for me. Super easy to clean also. With all that water I can lean it almost 45 degrees to hit and still plenty water over the perk. It just feels good to hold with 1.5 pounds of water and could be a weapon if needed. I like it!

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
I vape in my bed a lot. The big bottom when filled makes it very stable and unlikely to fall over.While not done for cooling reasons it does just that. I was able to crank up both Atlas and Halo well past my usual comfortable voltage. Bigger hits for sure. The flavors do come thru even with 25 oz. of water. Ran a strain with lower flavors and the terps came out fine.It has the most effortless pull of any glass except maybe my rbr. The glass is very thick and mouthpiece is comfortable. Never once did water hit my mouth while hitting,a deal breaker for me. Super easy to clean also. With all that water I can lean it almost 45 degrees to hit and still plenty water over the perk. It just feels good to hold with 1.5 pounds of water and could be a weapon if needed. I like it!
I believe we love it for the same reason. Do you also play dangerously and operate ball vapes while laying in bed? With the notion of if anything we’re to go south your extremely screwed. Thankfully my quality control issue seems to be in the past, but I would advise to not use like me.
I don’t just stand behind my work, I stand under my work. Lmao

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Post pics when you get it bro, are they available to order right now?
Available for pre order. Comes with a free chalice bowl on pre order. I will have them in March ❤️ These few I got were to see them and see if I wanted to make any changes before they go full speed with Prodigy order. Had a couple small things changed, they should be starting them tonight 🔥🔥

Shit Snacks

Well unfortunately lost coolabah burl handle after all, I mean someday maybe salvaged, but it is a full repair job to redo it, so since my first atlas had a defective chamber we took the opportunity to start fresh with a new wood... I am thankful I got to have the burl for a bit, photos cannot do this redheart wood justice, very happy after wanting to get this wood for something for a while, really pops with the red rubies, so much more nuanced in person, and the feel is wonderful:
Screenshot-20220219-115828.png

^CC's photo, crushing it, super busy rightfully so! FYI this tool handle is padauk not rh:
PXL-20220222-215839837-2.jpg

PXL-20220222-220323574-2.jpg

Ceramic octopus stands coming soon! Sorry just kidding, this is only a one-off ashtray I made long ago, not proper sized or anything, but okay for now until I have the proper one (and until I can make my own stuff again)
PXL-20220223-053125082.jpg

Most used portables and my other big heavy hitter desktops in the background, while on the right is one of my new glass pieces that has become a go-to that I will show more of, along with others, here and in Halo thread!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

PXL-20220225-082020203-2.jpg

Chalice have arrived! Seen here with my other recent acquisition, both from the same place FireWithinGlass, the other one is actually a bit better for my Atlas though this one is alright! I actually have been using it with a screen, 5/8 inch size but it is too small and 3/4 inch size is too big so if someone knows where to get a size in between please tell me? Excited to try it with a more coarse grind and no screen there though... Also got the new stand and an olive wood bowl with padauk bypass plug then I will try and post photos of later on :cool:

Chalice have arrived! Seen here with my other recent acquisition, both from the same place FireWithinGlass, the other one is actually a bit better for my Atlas though this one is alright! I actually have been using it with a screen, 5/8 inch size but it is too small and 3/4 inch size is too big so if someone knows where to get a size in between please tell me? Excited to try it with a more coarse grind and no screen there though... Also got the new stand and an olive wood bowl with padauk bypass plug then I will try and post photos of later on :cool:
Looks beautiful, so many rubies :o

MoltenTiger

Amazing, a beaut set up for sure @Shit Snacks, very nice!

I read this in the V3 thread, pretty good tip I thought, could be worth a try
I trimmed down a Mighty or Plenty fine screen, from memory (not good) I used a leather punch or I used a Boundless disc filter as a template with scissors. The trick is to make the mesh filter an interference fit in the V3 oven so it does not keep falling out. If the one you find/cut down is a tiny bit small I have found tapping the mesh on an anvil/hard surface with a hammer is great for making the mesh a bit larger.

Razhumikin

Well unfortunately lost coolabah burl handle after all, I mean someday maybe salvaged, but it is a full repair job to redo it, so since my first atlas had a defective chamber we took the opportunity to start fresh with a new wood... I am thankful I got to have the burl for a bit, photos cannot do this redheart wood justice, very happy after wanting to get this wood for something for a while, really pops with the red rubies, so much more nuanced in person, and the feel is wonderful:
Screenshot-20220219-115828.png

^CC's photo, crushing it, super busy rightfully so! FYI this tool handle is padauk not rh:
PXL-20220222-215839837-2.jpg

PXL-20220222-220323574-2.jpg

Ceramic octopus stands coming soon! Sorry just kidding, this is only a one-off ashtray I made long ago, not proper sized or anything, but okay for now until I have the proper one (and until I can make my own stuff again)
PXL-20220223-053125082.jpg

Most used portables and my other big heavy hitter desktops in the background, while on the right is one of my new glass pieces that has become a go-to that I will show more of, along with others, here and in Halo thread!
Ah so youre the one who got the redheart Atlas. Ive been wondering ever since I saw it on insta, super fucking nice dude. Redheart is my fave wood, im gonna have to wait for it to become an option for the halo so I can get one to match my redheart Zion M and redheart iHeat.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Ah so youre the one who got the redheart Atlas. Ive been wondering ever since I saw it on insta, super fucking nice dude. Redheart is my fave wood, im gonna have to wait for it to become an option for the halo so I can get one to match my redheart Zion M and redheart iHeat.

Haha thanks man, yeah I love red heart a whole lot too, I have an HI stem from long ago in it and always wanted more, Mark also made me a Milaana pick out of it, almost went that way for my upcoming CosmicX (instead I'm doubling up on blue mahoe like my Halo), but knew I had to get something from CC redheart and am so glad it is this! He told me he is trying to get some more sourced, ability for any wood really, in the near future... @seki has a lovely redheart cobalt Halo too (I have decided on another wood for my own future cobalt halo as well) I'm going to have to check the IH thread for your photos, mine is osage orange (CC may have some of that too now):cheers::spliff:

PXL-20220226-024527153.jpg

^here it is on my other FireWithinGlass piece, the one I teased earlier, this was a custom order someone bailed on so I got a great deal (cheaper than the other piece), and surprisingly I actually prefer it to the other one functionally and it has a great form, really great using with halo and atlas...

Anyway I am getting set to try the chalice with some nice chunky course BCG ground tangiland herbs as redheart ruby warms up!

Shit Snacks

No one else posting here?!

I've been using chalice and they're very nice, though a different experience, with a chunkier grind, pretty nifty using the basket screens in the joint so it's keeping my drop-downs pretty clean despite it all, and easy to poke through the honeycomb holes, I tried using a 5/8 inch screen on top but it's not quite right and a 3/4 inch screen is too big, so if anyone has a line on something in between let me know! The honeycomb holes do kind of affect the airflow, a little more hotspot in the center with the shape as well, but they are quick and simple to do powering through bowls, and I've gotten some amazing flavor with the pure path and coarse grind... Good extraction in clouds for my needs, easy to use, a simple standard though they can be improved and there will be more options going forward of course!

So now I am about to try my olive wood bowl finally, with padauk plug, it is so gorgeous, perfectly proportioned, fits the 5/8 inch screen perfectly, seems like it will be easy to microdose or macro dose with this one, and I am very curious to try the carb...

PXL-20220303-004112722.jpg

PXL-20220303-003755773.jpg

^with and without flash, can never capture the beauty, also I am back on the TAG modular super slit donut as my go-to for the Atlas, it really is the best, balance of flavor and diffusion and watching the vapor fill, comfortable to hit while sitting on the couch with the 45° angle adapter and color frit gooroo mouthpiece... I have so many pieces to keep in rotation though!

Edit to add: I am not even finished with my first bowl, (well, I took one hit of a light load, then added a little more for the second hit, and a tiny bit more for the third, so I have one more hit to take to finish up at 11 volts with very quick hits btw) and I can already tell the wood chalice is the best injector bowl by far, carb or no carb, with perfect shape and design for even extraction of any amount using simple quick connection... Just a great user experience, all around easy and effective, but more to test of course!

Last edited:

NimChimpsky

@Shit Snacks that red heart Atlas is all class, I'm sure the finish is super smooth too. I trimmed a 3/4 inch screen for the chalice and it fits ok but ultimately took it out and just use a medium to coarse grind for it and move to the wood bowl with ss screen if I go finer. Nice to change it up, and I love the design of the CC bowls - that olivewood with plug looks great. I gotta get a pass-through next order.

Btw I just realized you made that octopus ashtray yourself. Badass. Put me on the waitlist once CeramicSnacks opens up!

Shit Snacks

Nice to change it up, and I love the design of the CC bowls - that olivewood with plug looks great. I gotta get a pass-through next order.

Haha yeah I am going to get another one in my next order too, without the pass through this time, for variety, and more new wood! Yeah with my TAG 14 mm bowl and the chalice I have a lot of options among others

Btw I just realized you made that octopus ashtray yourself. Badass. Put me on the waitlist once CeramicSnacks opens up!

Thanks brother! It actually never worked well as an ashtray because there are cracks, but it's working pretty well as an atlas stand since I have to be careful setting it down anyway the way the cord is on this vvps (should be better with my atm) so I haven't even tried the new official stand yet...

And just you wait, I have a few more items I finally dug out to show off on FC, one of them has actually been hidden in these photos partially visible, but yes I am really hoping when I decide to leave my house again that I can find a space to continue working with ceramics and make some cloud paraphernalia for you all!!

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Currently not taking excepting orders, but when I open back up I will have an atlas spot available on the first current drop. With glass in route right now I will be working on that drop mid week. Original buyer got some vapes while waiting and isn’t in need of a desktop, while I don’t offer cash back refund in that sense, I will sell the spot as it gets close to their order to be able to refund them. In the last year I’ve had 2 other spots sold, one ended up buying the mini atlas on ent exchange a month later 😄 this will be the third. Any one interested reach out to me in a DM ❤️

Shit Snacks

Got the octa and bomb mini hydra bases in the vapexhale liquidation sale, need to be careful with their delicate 14 mm joints on the top, but they are a great stacking with tubes! Below is the octa on its own with Phineas vigreux tube and 45° angle adapter, then the bomb (barrel matrix perc) with Evolver HydraCirc tube on left and Pinnacle water tool tube on right (plus new CC stand):
PXL-20220312-080107693.jpg

Screenshot-20220313-034321.png

Top Bottom