Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Huh?? Why would someone posting an email change anything??

I said "pretty sure", not "absolutely sure." And this stems from previous publicly made comments about batching the pre-orders (also final line in email speaks to this, albeit not as succinctly as it perhaps should). Different batches would get different windows to order.

I also said that they didn't specify not sharing, but I infer that was an omission from previous public comments. In light of the absence of unique validation codes being provided, the previous public statements, and the notion that other solutions to time/batch limit orders (such as hand-validating emails) is more labour intensive, it is most likely that the only control on the batching was to be the order the emails were sent out in.

I was responding to baltik's concerns that now A) everybody on FC will respond at once, independent of their batch, and possibly B) everyone on FB/internet too.

nigel,
Reactions: OF

toros23

I said "pretty sure", not "absolutely sure." And this stems from previous publicly made comments about batching the pre-orders (also final line in email speaks to this, albeit not as succinctly as it perhaps should). Different batches would get different windows to order.

I also said that they didn't specify not sharing, but I infer that was an omission from previous public comments. In light of the absence of unique validation codes being provided, the previous public statements, and the notion that other solutions to time/batch limit orders (such as hand-validating emails) is more labour intensive, it is most likely that the only control on the batching was to be the order the emails were sent out in.

I was responding to baltik's concerns that now A) everybody on FC will respond at once, independent of their batch, and possibly B) everyone on FB/internet too.

I think you should just leave the pre-order management to DV. For someone who claims to be a proponent for accuracy, you sure are making a lot of assumptions. Sonics420 was nice enough to post some info here for people who have been waiting, it doesn't make any sense for you to pretend he did something wrong.

salivape

That makes no sense. DV informed the whole world about pre-ordering and there were over a thousand, not just a few. Not sure what you mean by the "Winston" remark, is that a high-school saying??

I didn't realise it was publicised by DV themselves. I have their facebook and have seen nothing about it. 'Chill Winston' is a famous quote from Lock, stock and two smoking barrels. Not a high school comment, not sure if you were trying to imply something there but whatever.. s'all good

salivape,
Reactions: toros23

toros23

I didn't realise it was publicised by DV themselves. I have their facebook and have seen nothing about it. 'Chill Winston' is a famous quote from Lock, stock and two smoking barrels. Not a high school comment, not sure if you were trying to imply something there but whatever.. s'all good

Yeah, it has been a saga here for sure.. I guess my only point was to not attack sonics420 for posting the email but I don't always go about things the PC way.

BTW - Dig the SL1200 avatar.. Got a pair sitting behind me.. :)

Sonics420

Yeah, it has been a saga here for sure.. I guess my only point was to not attack sonics420 for posting the email but I don't always go about things the PC way.

BTW - Dig the SL1200 avatar.. Got a pair sitting behind me.. :)

Yeah it might've been a mistake by me.. Reading into the email it looks like it WAS just for me, oops? Sharing is caring tho. :lol:

I seen a lot of people bashing DV and jst getting a little out of hand so I thought an update was justified.. My whole point of posting that is that we are closer to a release date.

Sonics420,

Vaporito

I LOVE Davinci don't get me wrong, but at this point I don't see the bargain in buying from them directly... specially since I don't need the glass adapter.

No mention of free shipping, tax etc.. all I know is that my order from EZVapes totaled $212 including free shipping and apparently no tax to my area.

At this point it's strictly economics, and after waiting so long, watching this forum constantly,I can definitely wait another week or two for ezvapes and save $50 or more by the time all charges are applied.... to an order form DV.

Either way I'm looking forward to what i see as the Mercedes Benz of Vaporizers! :smug:

Conky

I thought ez vapes was not an authorized reseller so the warrantee may be void? That's what a gal at dv told me last time I called and the reason I was going to order direct.

Conky,

Vaporito

Uhm, funny EZVapes said that after it's used warranty would be handled by Davinci.

And I don't see why not.. in fact I had a warranty issue with the flexi straw on my original and I don;'t think I had any issues with DV regarding the replacement eventhough I bought it from a "non-authorized" dealer.

It would make no sense that EZVapes is selling davicis (old and new) and for Davinci not to honor the warranty.

Vaporito,

Conky

Uhm, funny EZVapes said that after it's used warranty would be handled by Davinci.

And I don't see why not.. in fact I had a warranty issue with the flexi straw on my original and I don;'t think I had any issues with DV regarding the replacement eventhough I bought it from a "non-authorized" dealer.

It would make no sense that EZVapes is selling davicis (old and new) and for Davinci not to honor the warranty.
I hear ya, I'm not sure what the logic in this is or how they handle their stuff, just wanted to pass on the info I had been told by one of the gals at dv customer service.

Conky,

Vaporito

I see what you are saying but again it makes no sense... in fact DVs warranty page does not say anything about authorized sellers, dealers. only that you need to show proof of purchase

And in fact the way the warranty is written (See quote from item 6 on their warranty) most of us will have voided the warranty after the first use :lol:

"6. This warranty is not enforceable and is void if the Product is returned to Organicix, LLC or an Organicix, LLC authorized service center and contains any illegal substances in any devices, spare parts or accessories."

I would also expect any sales person to say something like what the sales gal told you at DV just to push the sale their way.

In any case My experience with DV has been excellent and are well known for their customer service not for denying warranties on their product.

Here is a link to their warranty page.

http://www.davincivaporizer.com/warranty/

Vaporito,

Conky

Thanks for the info, I've never had dealings with the company personally so had nothing to really go on.

Conky,

Cillerix

It seems Davinci i looking for ways to irritate me now.
I signed up for the pre-registration on Davinci's website months ago and more than once had to remind them I was on the mailing list. I don't understand why my friend who pre-registered at the same time as me is getting update emails and I am not. Is anyone else having issues with Davinci's pre-registration list?

Cillerix,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Yes, I know for a fact what number I was and people that registered far after me have gotten emails and I haven't.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

brewer

Can't say i am too worked up over delays or pre-registration issues... I purchased back in the beginning of May.

But since I own a Pax, and it's awesome, can't say I am too worked up. The Ascent (edit--haha--so not worked up didn't even remember the name :) ) I am sure I will like as well, perhaps more even... Especially if the draw is resistant-less as others are saying...

But since no one vaporizer could ever be the best in all circumstances, I can wait a few more weeks... The Pax is obviously smaller and more discreet so it will always be at least marginally better there.

Although, I would like to know if DV will honor the warranty if I bought through EZ Vapes? VapeXhale honored my warranty on my Cloud when i purchased it through EZ Vapes... So, I guess, I assume EZ Vapes is an authorized dealer...

brewer,

Jab

salivape said:
Just a bit of warning. My $60 item from the US was taxed at £18... I'd add quite a lot onto your $272 estimate. Sorry to be a downer. Let's hope you don't need to use the warranty or else you'll be paying the fees again on the replacement, not to mention the cost of shipping it back to the US. I'm gonna wait

Yeah I read it's a bit of a hit and miss actually. Nasty surprises like yours, but also some duty-free arrivals. I'm hoping it'll either slip through the cracks or the tax won't push me too far over the 250 EUR price tag (without shipping) I've seen with some European vendors (one of which was German iirc). I paid 206 EUR so far (incl shipping). If it stays under 300 EUR, I'll be happy. Anything over 320 EUR or so and I'll be bummed. I did zero research on it tbh. Those inflated EU prices just compelled me to press that "confirm" button ;)

pastadoble

There's nothing funnier than watching Internet nerds completely go to pieces when they should just chill. So an email got leaked. No reason to sperg out about it, especially if it gives people information they been waiting a great deal of time for.

pastadoble,

brewer

Yeah I read it's a bit of a hit and miss actually. Nasty surprises like yours, but also some duty-free arrivals. I'm hoping it'll either slip through the cracks or the tax won't push me too far over the 250 EUR price tag (without shipping) I've seen with some European vendors (one of which was German iirc). I paid 206 EUR so far (incl shipping). If it stays under 300 EUR, I'll be happy. Anything over 320 EUR or so and I'll be bummed. I did zero research on it tbh. Those inflated EU prices just compelled me to press that "confirm" button ;)

I feel for ya; Europe is stupid expensive for everything... And the taxes are so hidden it's deceptive and arbitrary.

brewer,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
There's nothing funnier than watching Internet nerds completely go to pieces when they should just chill. So an email got leaked. No reason to sperg out about it, especially if it gives people information they been waiting a great deal of time for.

We've had enough about the "leaked" email. Further posts long this line will be deleted.

Rexxe

Although, I would like to know if DV will honor the warranty if I bought through EZ Vapes? VapeXhale honored my warranty on my Cloud when i purchased it through EZ Vapes... So, I guess, I assume EZ Vapes is an authorized dealer...

I asked EZVapes that question, and here's their reply:

We purchase from an authorized distributor of DaVinci vaporizers and your warranty would be valid. DaVinci likes to handle them personally, but please don't ever hesitate to contact us if you need to.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
It was just a general link and nothing special about it so why make such a big deal. You can go to there site and do the same thing. Sorry paka posted this before I saw your post. BTW original, but I don't know since I didn't get an email, DV said they were going to give a code so maybe that is to come.

Snappo, it is because that DV gets a lot of it's info for changes from us said by them and we aren't being treated "special" as I feel we should. Some manufactures come on here to interact but this is different. I might be imagining it but I just felt slighted especially since I can, if I still want to, get it elsewhere cheaper by a lot. I also don't feel that this vape will be better then the solo which is what I was hoping for. I will wait for reports as I didn't get an email anyhow but did get a first one a month or so ago. If the smell is as bad as I think it is, I have no room for it in my arsenal as it will have to be an in house vape and I have enough of those.

DV owes us nothing but I owe them nothing as well. I rather wait for the reports and see if it will fill a need but my guess as of now is more the likely it won't.

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
The vendor sent my solo but said I can refuse delivery for a no-hassle return. I may keep it if I can find a short 14mm gong adapter for my pinnacle ht. But so far no luck.

I'm getting off-topic here, but keep checking the vapeworld site for the 14mm PVHES GonG. They're nice and short and not too infrequently in stock. I love my Solo with the WT--it's like a cute little robo-bong.

To get back on-topic...would love to see how well the Ascent pairs with the WT. Hopefully these things really will ship next week and we'll finally get to see more pics/videos/reviews...

sam reynolds,

grokit

well-worn member
It seems like they've been out of stock for quite some time so it's going back. Same thing with the VB 2.0, there was no 14mm off-the-shelf adapter so back it went. These guys are really shooting themselves in the foot by not insuring the availability of such a simple and common accessory.

But back on topic, I will get the Ascent at full price if I can get the 14mm adapter thrown in tomorrow, or I will buy it at a discount from EZvapes. Does the charge and the box both say EZvapes though?

grokit,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom