Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
I know it sounds like I'm obsessing over this, but I'm really not. I could give a rats ass if the contest is never honored or the DV never ships. It's just that with my lifelong work in the sales/advertising/marketing arena, stupid-ass business practices like this, for some odd reason, kinda drives me up a wall. LOL. You should see what happens when I encounter a salesperson who doesn't know how to sell. :cool:

I am starting to wonder if something bad happened...like, death-in-the-family bad, or someone-got-his-arm-ripped-off-in-the-production-line bad.

sam reynolds,

grokit

well-worn member
I can't stand it anymore, just went for a new solo. Hopefully I will like it better than the other portables I've tried, so I can get back to my plan of watching this product launch from the sidelines.

grokit,

sam reynolds

I can't stand it anymore, just went for a new solo. Hopefully I will like it better than the other portables I've tried, so I can get back to my plan of watching this product launch from the sidelines.

You'll love it. Welcome to the sidelines. :)

sam reynolds,
Reactions: grokit

Sonics420

Organicix, LLC would like to thank you for your patience in regards to the release of the Ascent Vaporizer. This is the email you have been waiting for!

It’s not every day that you get to be first for something, but today is that day! Organicix, LLC is pleased to announce the official launch of the Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci. As one of the first valuable customers to register for the Ascent, we would like to welcome you to take place in our highly anticipated pre-sale.

Pre-sales will be open for the first batch on Wednesday, July 24th from 5pm -8pm PT. Please ensure that you secure your order during this time.

Do not forget to claim your free gift for being one of the first people to register on the DaVinci website for this groundbreaking product!

Details:
1.) Purchase the Ascent Vaporizer between 5pm -8pm Pacific Time at http://www.davincivaporizer.com/ascent-vaporizer-by-davinci/

2.) Don’t forget to select the appropriate product option to claim your free gift of choice. Choose from a 18mm U-Adapter,14mm U-Adapter, 18mm Straight Adapter or a 14 mm Straight Adapter.

3.) We will send tracking details as soon as your item ships on Monday, July 29th.

Again, thank you for your patience and for being a valued Organicix, LLC customer.
If you've received this email, it is because you are on the pre-registration list for the Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci. Note that demand may exceed supply, so registrants will be notified in the order received.

Presales on the 24th. Just got an email

Sonics420,
Reactions: Snappo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
They are still writing bs about the old dv and other crap on fb so nobody is dead as far as I can tell. Sonics when did you get that months ago? I got nothing today.

Edit: lwien, you saying it is not going to change how they do business but I do agree with you about how good business practice is where I put my money as well. I hate having to wait for stuff and I also hate when people make promises and not come through. I am not saying that is the case here mods just making a business point.

Dreamerr,

Sonics420

Organicix, LLC would like to thank you for your patience in regards to the release of the Ascent Vaporizer. This is the email you have been waiting for!

It’s not every day that you get to be first for something, but today is that day! Organicix, LLC is pleased to announce the official launch of the Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci. As one of the first valuable customers to register for the Ascent, we would like to welcome you to take place in our highly anticipated pre-sale.

Pre-sales will be open for the first batch on Wednesday, July 24th from 5pm -8pm PT. Please ensure that you secure your order during this time.

Do not forget to claim your free gift for being one of the first people to register on the DaVinci website for this groundbreaking product!

Details:
1.) Purchase the Ascent Vaporizer between 5pm -8pm Pacific Time at http://www.davincivaporizer.com/ascent-vaporizer-by-davinci/

2.) Don’t forget to select the appropriate product option to claim your free gift of choice. Choose from a 18mm U-Adapter,14mm U-Adapter, 18mm Straight Adapter or a 14 mm Straight Adapter.

3.) We will send tracking details as soon as your item ships on Monday, July 29th.

Again, thank you for your patience and for being a valued Organicix, LLC customer.
If you've received this email, it is because you are on the pre-registration list for the Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci. Note that demand may exceed supply, so registrants will be notified in the order received.

Just got it 5 mins ago

Sonics420,

baltik

Kinda lame - so the whole preorder priority is lost anyone can just pile in and jump in line?

I my have missed it - do we have finalized pics of the two accessories?

baltik,

rsqemt911

Details:

Just got it 5 mins ago

So the pre-sale list was a joke since anybody can go And sign up between 5-8 on the 24th?

Kinda glad I prw-ordered through got vape now. Just wonder when they will come through now.

rsqemt911,

sam reynolds

Kinda lame - so the whole preorder priority is lost anyone can just pile in and jump in line?
Seems that way. So much for preregistration.

I my have missed it - do we have finalized pics of the two accessories?
We've seen the U-adapter in vids (and perhaps pics), but I haven't seen a single image of the straight adapter.

sam reynolds,

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Seems that way. So much for preregistration.

We've seen the U-adapter in vids (and perhaps pics), but I haven't seen a single image of the straight adapter.
Davinci hasn't announced their launch on Facebook yet, nor have they on their own web site. Emails, it seems, are going out to pre-registered folks only, giving them a fair head start. JMO

The water tool attachments are just straight or u shaped stems, with a male 18mm or 14mm fitting. Very nice!

Snappo,

sam reynolds

So the pre-sale list was a joke since anybody can go And sign up between 5-8 on the 24th?

Yup. After all of our waiting and so-called "preregistration," they just made it first-come, first-serve.

Disappointing.

sam reynolds,

sam reynolds

Davinci hasn't announced their launch on Facebook yet, nor have they on their own web site. Emails, it seems, are going out to pre-registered folks only, giving them a fair head start. JMO

True, and I'm sure they had good intentions...but it's 2 days away. The number of people who will find out by then will be many many times more than those who got the email, making pre-registration moot.

This will be commented on facebook within hours, I'm sure. If that long.

sam reynolds,
Reactions: Snappo

Snappo

Accessory Maker
True, and I'm sure they had good intentions...but it's 2 days away. The number of people who will find out by then will be many many times more than those who got the email, making pre-registration moot.

This will be commented on facebook within hours, I'm sure. If that long.
Comments on FB are already popping up. Good news travels FAST!!! Hopefully, DV will match callers with listed pre-registered names to verify.

Snappo,

baltik

Right and the preregistration is still open sooo I am quite sure the initial run of 100 first members get a free gift is probably well into the thousands - SO if you have been following this thread daily and offering input for 6+ month you have equal chance as someone who stumbled on this last week. I don't begrudge Davinci for doing it this way but I do feel some exclusivity was implied to those who pre-registered early..

baltik,
Reactions: mmenzie

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Right and the preregistration is still open sooo I am quite sure the initial run of 100 first members get a free gift is probably well into the thousands - SO if you have been following this thread daily and offering input for 6+ month you have equal chance as someone who stumbled on this last week. I don't begrudge Davinci for doing it this way but I do feel some exclusivity was implied to those who pre-registered early..
Pre-reg has been closed for months now. That page on their site has been inoperable since then.

Copied from Facebook: "I just got off the phone with davinci and they said the ascent will be avaliable to purchase on 8-1-13. The day has finally arrived. Oh yeah, ASCENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
And you can get it cheaper from vendors cause they give FC a discount. Some of us couldn't care less about the water attachment and those that do I am sure can make one or adapt what they already have. The most we will pay is 212 and if you wait a few months(what is another 6 months lol) then you can have it even cheaper if you still want it.

grokit

well-worn member

Haha I did it!
I knew if I committed to something else we'd get an announcement:clap:
It pretty much happened like clockwork :o
Just pre-registered & sent a message to try and cancel the solo, although I'm sure it would have been great :p

baltik

Pre-reg has been closed for months now. That page on their site has been inoperable since then.

Copied from Facebook: "I just got off the phone with davinci and they said the ascent will be avaliable to purchase on 8-1-13. The day has finally arrived. Oh yeah, ASCENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

U sure about that? looks perfectly functional to me...

baltik,

sam reynolds

Haha I did it!
I knew if I committed to something else we'd get an announcement:clap:
It pretty much happened like clockwork :o
Just pre-registered & sent a message to try and cancel the solo, although I'm sure it would have been great :p

Well, let's not be too hasty. A lot can happen between now and Wednesday.

grokit

well-worn member
I just went to the "Ascent Vaporizer by Davinci Pre-Registration Form" page and completed it, it said "Thank you for taking the survey!" when I was through. "Powered by Survey Monkey".

grokit,

grokit

well-worn member
Why cancel the solo? It is a great vape.

Yeah I know, and I wouldn't be surprised if I still end up with one someday. I just need one battery operated vape though, and preferably one I can jam in a pocket so here we go. But if my solo cancellation doesn't go through I won't be too bummed, there's worse problems in life ;)

grokit,

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I just went to the "Ascent Vaporizer by Davinci Pre-Registration Form" page and completed it, it said "Thank you for taking the survey!" when I was through. "Powered by Survey Monkey".
Well I'll be a sonofabitch! They must've just reopened it. It was closed for months up until now. I pre-registered months ago, and confirmed it with a phone call last month. Perhaps they are extending their pre-registration orders without voiding the original registrants. Anything less would be totally unfair, and a misrepresentation of their sales intent. I hope they know what their doing:shrug:

Dreamerr, have you looked into DaVinci's low price guarantee?

http://www.davincivaporizer.com/lowestprice/
I believe it's for the original Davinci, not the Ascent, but I could be wrong:)

Snappo, even without the adapter it should still end up hands free. A lot of people just put the solo in there water pieces. I don't cause I don't want to break my stem but have tried to see. I don't think an adapter is worth the 249 price as opposed to getting it from one of our vendors, sorry DV your rules not giving discounts not mine, for 212. If you are an exclusive water user then maybe but then again if you are I am still sure you can figure it out. A little silicone on the outside of a stem connected to gong can work.
Respectfully, hands free and steady? Not from my experience. I do use my Solo w/Ed's wood stem with my DG bubbler, manually balanced in the 18mm female adapter opening, though. Pretty good fit and nice draw. But not the glass stems. Either way it's not the ideal way, but cost effective i guess.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Three posts merged.

Snappo,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom