Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Who got the email a month ago saying that you are pre-reg and now got nothing...I am one that got nothing which also makes me leary.

Watching from the sidelines on this one peeps.

The solo pairs nicely with the water tool gong or no gong so keep it.

Dreamerr,

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
It seems like they've been out of stock for quite some time so it's going back. Same thing with the VB 2.0, there was no 14mm off-the-shelf adapter so back it went. These guys are really shooting themselves in the foot by not insuring the availability of such a simple and common accessory.

But back on topic, I will get the Ascent at full price if I can get the 14mm adapter thrown in tomorrow, or I will buy it at a discount from EZvapes. Does the charge and the box both say EZvapes though?

They sell out fast as they're custom made and very popular. But they do get in a new batch every week or two. I picked up another just a couple of weeks ago. Just have to keep checking...once a day should do. Mildly inconvenient, but totally worth it.

Who got the email a month ago saying that you are pre-reg and now got nothing...I am one that got nothing which also makes me leary.
Same here. We must have been a few hours late to the party.

sam reynolds,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Dreamerr

gro, they come in stock all the time you just have to hit it right. I see them in stock and just never wanted to get one but now I am in the hunt just for the shortness. Also again you can easily use the solo with the WT without it. I have nothing to say about the vb2 lol. I can't get that thing working right and may give it away locally as a present. It doesn't satisfy anything in me.

I used to be early to parties and when I got older I felt late was better and now not at all so I am all good lol.

Dreamerr,

grokit

well-worn member
gro, they come in stock all the time you just have to hit it right. I see them in stock and just never wanted to get one but now I am in the hunt just for the shortness. Also again you can easily use the solo with the WT without it. I have nothing to say about the vb2 lol. I can't get that thing working right and may give it away locally as a present. It doesn't satisfy anything in me.

I used to be early to parties and when I got older I felt late was better and now not at all so I am all good lol.

I hear ya, I would probably have gotten a solo already but the draw issue scares me frankly after the Pax. Still I want to try it, and if the Ascent was delayed again I would have. I did like the Pax better than the Flashvape but the DVA seems to click all the right buttons for me. I wish their attitude was different as do many of us, but their product seems to be what I am after in a battery-operated portable vape.
  • After the Pax I don't want to struggle with the draw
  • After the FV I don't want a learning curve
Those are the two reasons for me to pass on the solo, for now anyways (besides the 14mm thing).

I know I have been pretty wishy-washy with portable vapes, it's been a bit frustrating but this seems to be the one for me to try for better or worse. Hopefully it will be a keeper!

grokit,

Dreamerr

Those are two very solid reasons then. When you are ready for the learning curve and getting over the restriction which to me now is perfect then go for it. I hope the ascent is good for you. As we know we all have different needs and different tolerances. I for one wanted to throw the solo out the window but it is my fav now no matter what stem I use. It is not my go outside vape and since you have a full lineup of inside stuff it may not be right for you unless going around the house, yard ect. Some do go outside with it but not my choice. I use the PN or the INH for that job. I use to use the DV but the smell made it crazy for me outside on the go. It is also very very hot but I think that was one of the things that was suppose to be improved with the ascent and I am sure you will let us know:).

Dreamerr,
Reactions: grokit

grokit

well-worn member
I for one wanted to throw the solo out the window but it is my fav now no matter what stem I use.

I actually read that post in the solo thread lol.

The smell question is a bit of a putoff, but I only need to use a portable infrequently anyways--which is why the learning curve is out. The Pax satisfied the gadget geek in me and the Ascent should do the same but actually work for my needs if it's as advertised (big if I know).

For the smell I'm thinking one of these would go a long ways:
400x400_SS-KK-GRAY.jpg

It's dimensions are 4.75"x2.75", I'm guessing they are outer dimensions. The dimensions of the ascent are supposedly 4.47" (119.36mm) tall, 2.24" (56.85mm) across and 1.03" (26.04mm) wide. So if the dimensions are inner this thing would be perfect.

The ascent looks to be quite popular, so if this doesn't fit something else should come along that will. In the meantime I've already shared the ziploc/bounce sheet trick ;)

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I thought ez vapes was not an authorized reseller so the warrantee may be void? That's what a gal at dv told me last time I called and the reason I was going to order direct.
This has been discussed at length already on this forum, but is always a very legitimate concern. Just to recap what I know: EZVAPES stated to me in no uncertain terms that should anything go wrong with the Ascent, it will be fully covered i.e., EZVAPES will do everything necessary to make it good! FWIW - It is their distributor that is warranty authorized. Based on my experiences with EZV I have confidence that all is well in this regard:rockon:.

I also don't feel that this vape will be better then the solo which is what I was hoping for. I will wait for reports as I didn't get an email anyhow but did get a first one a month or so ago. If the smell is as bad as I think it is, I have no room for it in my arsenal as it will have to be an in house vape and I have enough of those.

DV owes us nothing but I owe them nothing as well. I rather wait for the reports and see if it will fill a need but my guess as of now is more the likely it won't.

I agree. Besting the Solo I feel is a long shot! The Solo fills the perfect niche for me in quality, form, and function, as I don't really travel with it, and it makes the perfect around-the-house companion. Smell is not a concern for me, but I am sensitive to the fact that it is a concern for others.

Not sure if or how this may have been addressed in the past, but one feature that would be an advantage for me would be a bowl capacity larger than the Solo provides. Only so that I don't have to load as frequently. I think the Pax has a greater load capacity which affords many many rips. Any info on this would be appreciated.

Sorry about the back 2 back posts. Tried to delete the 2nd one (this one) but couldn't figure it out. Reported to mod. Hope I don't get a knuckle whack!:doh:

Dreamerr

Everything has a bigger bowl size then the solo lol not really but close. Some even get the shorty stem to make it smaller:shrug:. In either respect the ascent is a good size so that should be up your alley. I don't care about smell in the house but outside is a whole other issue even in a legal state. Say you go to a store and med before you go in and on the drive home stopped by the fuckers who have nothing better to do, I don't think you want your car to smell.

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Everything has a bigger bowl size then the solo lol not really but close. Some even get the shorty stem to make it smaller:shrug:. In either respect the ascent is a good size so that should be up your alley. I don't care about smell in the house but outside is a whole other issue even in a legal state. Say you go to a store and med before you go in and on the drive home stopped by the fuckers who have nothing better to do, I don't think you want your car to smell.
Dreamer...u r a wealth of info and good sense! The Ascent for me is just a lark, definitely not a necessity:-) The bigger Ascent bowl will be good for me. Smell...not an issue for me in public places...just won't happen there...(well, maybe at the beach...big breezes). In the car after a visit to friend's house...again not an issue with windows down and tucked in pocket. I doubt it smells that strong anyway. Much milder than combustion odors for sure!

Snappo,

Vaporito

I just got the same email from davinci but now it's for Thursday instead of Wednesday.... What's up with that?

One huge pet peeve for me, is false advertising, and this whole per-sale email marketing feels like that.... Yes it's a presale. But other than the glass attachment, it does not feel like anything special for us FCers....

I'm still glad I ordered from ezvapes..... With all the discounts and a couple of free items (grinder and storage jar).

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
I got my email less than an hour ago. Subject line was: Second Pre-Sale Announcement. Said sale on Thursday. No code number. But it seems like they should be able to filter pre-registered email address purchases for shipping order.

But I'd forgotten that I had pre-registered so I have already paid for one on order from EZVapes. :rofl:

Sinclue,

JCat

Accessory Maker
So I've got a question ... for the people that didn't get an e-mail yet, if one was to order one successfully and pay for it, will one get it or will it get bumped in to a backorder queue?

JCat,

Tweek

So I've got a question ... for the people that didn't get an e-mail yet, if one was to order one successfully and pay for it, will one get it or will it get bumped in to a backorder queue?

I'm guessing it is first come first served. The email was supposed to be an exclusive heads up, but that's out of the bag now, so it seems like everyman for himself...unless they change something around before then.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I know that at 7:59 est ill be click click clicking away on the DV site to find out! Lol

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: JCat

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I'm guessing it is first come first served. The email was supposed to be an exclusive heads up, but that's out of the bag now, so it seems like everyman for himself...unless they change something around before then.
Like Tweek said: "first come first served". And there's no way to know with exactitude.

Snappo,

grokit

well-worn member
grokit,

grokit

well-worn member
Man I always do that, it's really hard sometimes. I have a relative in hawaii and they don't even have dst so its even harder for me to try and coordinate with them, it's an add thing I think :ninja:

So okay glad I checked :mental:

grokit,
Reactions: JCat

Dreamerr

5pm pst is 8est or if there is only a two hour diff now I forget then 7 est. West is earlier east later time.

Dreamerr,

grokit

well-worn member
I get it mixed up when I think of east coast people getting up earlier and then I get it backwards lol :rolleyes:

grokit,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom