• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Durden

I am Jack's title
Rick said:
So why do people keep coming back? The product price and customer service. That is "goodwill" or "blue sky". It is an intangible asset on business balance sheets but can make or break a company.
With these as your stated selling points you should consider stopping with the passive aggressive attitude and language in your posts. Most of this forum is fairly intelligent, so apologizing for bringing up a unit and saying you won't continue to do so in the same post that you have a review which clearly is a comparison between that unit and your own seems disingenuous.

Durden,

Madcap Laughed

it didnt fall into where the tube goes, it fell into that area around the it wheres there are 6 little holes and then 3 smaller ones. i think a little leaf may have fallen into one of the 6 little holes!

Madcap Laughed,

Rick

Zapman
Slick
You can google "small organic farming" or "bio dynamic farming" for some info.

The main difference is that those of us who farm "organically" or " bio dynamically" is how we look at the soil. Our soil is a living, breathing organism. Soil is so much more than a holding medium for plants. If one treats it right by constantly feeding it and all the related organisms that thrive in alive soil, everything grown in it will reflect positively. We have lots of bugs but they are almost all good guys. We love spiders. We love bacteria and fungi or at least the ones that work for us through the soil. Much of our income comes directly as a result of bacteria working for us.
So there is no need to feed the plants artificially. No need to spray for bugs or weeds. Well , there is a need on the weeds but we only cultivate, never spray for weeds. We will spray a seaweed foliar spray on plants for trace minerals maybe.

Boy did I digress. But now we are on my favorite subject.:)

R

The soil is then your bank account, getting richer every year. After awhile, you could almost plant a broomstick and get a tree(almost). When we pick edible flowers for the chefs, we gently play with the ground bees as they are so thick you cannot pick the flowers without brushing them aside.

Rick,

rukus13

Heck I'll gladly give another endorsement I always call em like I see em. I actually find myself using my MZ more than the PD now for one main reason and that is the screen in the heat tube. For whatever reason Tom said it can't be done and that makes it a pain when stuff falls in and tastes horrible even for a bit after you tap it out. So I end up having to hold it up at an angle to take a hit so nothing falls down into it. With the MZ its just not an issue. Just sit back and hold it in any position and enjoy. As far as it hits they seem about the same to me it is that one feature alone that gets the MZ heavier usage. Other than that unless you really care about the materials, which both could potentially have drawbacks we just don't know, they work about the same. PD is just slightly hotter you get a tiny hit or two more. Not enough to really bother with. Thanks again Rick.

rukus13,
Reactions: pomogirl

Madcap Laughed

i waxed the myrtle for the first time today with flax seed and its glowing! but i noticed something i had not before. two half inch little lines that i can snag with my fingernail! im worried, can this be a problem! :(

Madcap Laughed,

Hammock Guru

Hey Rick!

I have two Aromazap units that are probably as far away from their place of manufacture as you can get--and I have had them for several years. I keep one here in the office with me for those all-too-rare alone moments and one in the car. (I remember you, Rick, kvetched a bit about having to run to Radio Shack to pick up a car-adapter for me as I live in 12-volt home that is...days away from the nearest RS.) Both units are still providing great vapor. One has cracked, and though it's not as aesthetically pleasing as it once was it is still working. The other remains a beauty to behold.
The Aromazap lived up to all the positive comments that the OFs from OG gave it in those days, and it continues to do so.
I now have an Herbalaire that is a great treat at dinners and BBQs--an inverter now allows for 220V--and never ceases to bring a smile to my guests. These days I am also a big fan of the Vapor Genie. There is something to say about holding a pipe that looks like a pipe and smokes pretty much like a pipe, but then I am getting old and nostalgia is a part and parcel of the day.
Anyhow, Rick, I'm glad to see you here. I don't get out of the jungle often enough to be a regular poster here, but when I saw this thread I had to write.
I love my Zaps.

Be well.
Do good works.
Stay in touch.

Aloha,
HG

Hammock Guru,

Rick

Zapman
Madcap
Those are teeny hairline cracks, I believe at the back of your unit. That happens on occasion, especially with the real arty pieces of Myrtlewood. In fact lots of the REALLY trippy wood never makes it to a Zap because it is cracked too much. Yours have been there from the beginning, you just did not notice them. A little rubbing with some 400 grit sandpaper, then oil again and your finnernail wil not snag on it.
Sometimes we make "grey area" decisions on the beautiful pieces and let them go, even when they are not perfect because the grain is so special.
As is always the case, if you are not happy with it or if the crack gets worse, let us know and we will replace it if you prefer. No guarantees on the grain though. As I said earlier, yours was a special one.

HG, I will have to go back to my AOL Email to find you. Maybe a little note to us at our new Email address?(Hi speed now!)(Myrtlezap@hughes.net) I do remember you slightly but there have been several thousand go out over the years and I am getting old with a bit of (short term?) memory loss.:lol:

Thank you for the good words. Looking forward to getting back in touch.

R

Rick,

Madcap Laughed

no, its so minor! the wood has nice texture all over. the only thing im worried about is the few bits of herb that fell onto the flat heating part around the female stem insert. i tried to get it out with a tweezer, but all it did was crumble and fall into one of the holes in the plate. and it left a black substance?

Madcap Laughed,

anslinger

I had an aromazap back in the day. I was very satisfied with it from 2001-2005. When it stopped heating up I would have gladly bought another if they were still shipping to Canada. I do think the on all the time little bowl concept is pretty sweet.

anslinger,

Rick

Zapman
Tyler
Passive/aggressive attitude and language? Amazing what one can learn about himself on this forum!
Funny you say that as we have had a 16 year relationship with a genuine P/A in-law that is thankfully over now.

I have been known to be a bit sarcastic, that's for sure.

And if you are now "on the fence" because of my words here, that is a good thing.

Madcap
Blow it out with some compressed air. Canned computer air works fine. A few bits of herb in the heat chamber will not harm a thing.

Sorry about no Canada and other global locations. If we had not pulled back several years ago to US sales only, we would be dead or insane or something else not good and Zaps would be gone now. Bigger is not better when the business model is handcrafted art made by two people.
R

Rick,

Madcap Laughed

My myrtlezap cracked, and after emailing the inventor telling of my problem, i quickly got word a new one was being built for me(even was sent pictures of it being made so as to be sure it was to my liking:) ) and within days it was shipped. if you get a myrtlezap or aromazap, you can feel safe knowing you will be taken care of!

it should be here any day now, and of course i will take pictures for you all to see! and if you are of interest to see the zap in its rough developing phase("This is rough turned, not sanded or finished[and without the super neat blueish\purpleish led light on the front].")

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

im going to call it, nocturne blonde :)

Madcap Laughed,

rotax

Zaporist
Madcap Laughed said:
My myrtlezap cracked, and after emailing the inventor telling of my problem, i quickly got word a new one was being built for me(even was sent pictures of it being made so as to be sure it was to my liking:) ) and within days it was shipped. if you get a myrtlezap or aromazap, you can feel safe knowing you will be taken care of!

it should be here any day now, and of course i will take pictures for you all to see! and if you are of interest to see the zap in its rough developing phase("This is rough turned, not sanded or finished[and without the super neat blueish\purpleish led light on the front].")

im going to call it, nocturne blonde :)
good to know. i just ordered a mzap. i saw a topic on another forum reguarding the original azap and it had cracked quite a bit but still operated fine.
i'm assuming the woods main purpose is to work as a container for the heater/electronics, and to work as a heat sink and slowly dissipate heat? on top of being something to hold on to w/o burning your hands. :p

looking forward to see how efficient this will be.

and due to the talk on brass being used, i did a bit of research on the lead issue.

"temperatures produced in Aromazap are low (under 400 degrees F)."

Brass:
930*C [1,706*F] (Melting Point Temp)

Lead:
328*C [622.4*F] (Melting Point Temp)
1,750*C [3,182*F] (Boiling Point/Vaporization Temperature)

so, does this mean u can melt the lead out of brass...since leads melting point is much lower? /boggle

anyway..according to that info you'll *probably* be OK.
but now you have a .02% chance (or whatever % it may be) of a lead related death. :( i wonder what filled that .02% chance before..'death by old age', 'death by consuming too many non-organic grown vegies', 'death by too many over the counter pills used in your lifetime' (actually thats prob helluva lot higher % chance than any of the above! :p). hell i'd bet depression, anxiety, and insomnia have a higher mortality rates!

i'm willing to take a chance, but then again..i don't wear a seat belt either. =\ so maybe we're all the same.
its "choice" when it comes down to it..good thing we still have a few of those left in this country.

edit: some add. info looks like u will get the 'effects' of your mj WELL below even the melting point of lead..let alone the vapor point. note that combustion is generally guaranteed at ~500F.

?-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (?-8-THC)
Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4*F

cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356*F
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
Boiling point: 185*C / 365*F
Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

rotax,

max

Out to lunch
i saw a topic on another forum reguarding the original azap and it had cracked quite a bit but still operated fine.
The wood on all zaps but the myrtle version is softwood and will eventually separate from the electronics. And I wouldn't count on continued operation.

max,

Madcap Laughed

i wouldnt worry about lead. after using the myrtlezap continuously for this time, i feel its very safe and just as healthy as stainless steel if not actually more safe due to some toxic stuff in stainless steel(its 18% chromium, which is extremely lethal) not to mention the nickel etc, an that i've written of before. and the inventor said my myrtlezap is only the second one to ever crack, so its definitely rare for the myrtle's to crack, mine had the small hairline crack on it when it was shipped, and the creator decided it was so pretty, it fell into a 'grey area' where it was worth sending out. but it just happened to grow and with my ocd, it was driving me crazy.

and max, there is only an aromazap and a myrtlezap, so you've got a clear choice, even still, i remember reading from the purple days guy that his aromazap lasted like 5 years or something, which is pretty good. i could imagine the myrtlezap lasting forever!

Madcap Laughed,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Madcap Laughed said:
i wouldnt worry about lead. after using the myrtlezap continuously for this time, i feel its very safe and just as healthy as stainless steel if not actually more safe due to some toxic stuff in stainless steel(its 18% chromium, which is extremely lethal) not to mention the nickel etc, an that i've written of before.
You haven't even had it for a month yet. Were you expecting to die or get seriously sick by now? With lead, we are talking about a slow build up over time. You would have to use this thing for probably well over a decade (and probably longer than that) before your above statement would mean much.

I apparently have used my PD much longer than you have used your zap, so by your logic I have a more tested unit.

stickstones,

Madcap Laughed

stick, i just mean that i have a good instinct for when my body feels something is dangerous, im usually always right. and the myrtle gives me no worries and i feel its very safe and even good for you! also sticks, remember that zaps have been around much longer than purple days, and im sure there are people who have used one for close to a decade!

Madcap Laughed,

lwien

Madcap Laughed said:
stick, i just mean that i have a good instinct for when my body feels something is dangerous, im usually always right.
There is no way in hell that you would "feel" any kind of lead exposure

Madcap Laughed said:
and the myrtle gives me no worries and i feel its very safe and even good for you!
Good for you? THC is a known lung irritant. Inhaling anything into your lungs other than clean air is inherently "not" good for you.

It really is all a matter of degrees as to the dangers we are willing to accept. It's that old risk/reward ratio that we have to use to help us decide if the reward is worth the risk. But "good for you" ? THAT is a major stretch.

lwien,

Madcap Laughed

hehe, i never said i inahled thc! but i know cannabis is good for some peoples lungs, because it works to help the lungs do productive coughs that get rid of mucous. but i like smoking blends too. :) and theres one called "enigma" that vapes well, and my fav, k2 blends that is really good!

Madcap Laughed,

Purple-Days

Madcap says, "i remember reading from the purple days guy that his aromazap lasted like 5 years or something..." You are absolutely wrong. The inner wiring let loose within about a year, I repaired it. Others have reported the same problem, Within two years the wood had deteriorated and split to an unusable point, that's when I rebuilt it using Myrtlewood and a round ergonomic shape. So it lasted about a year, not "5 years or something..."

You just won't let it go, and now make stuff up? :rolleyes:

Sorry Rick didn't want to post in this thread but I won't tolerate mis-information about the PD (or me). :cool:

Purple-Days,

lwien

Madcap Laughed said:
hehe, i never said i inahled thc! but i know cannabis is good for some peoples lungs, because it works to help the lungs do productive coughs that get rid of mucous.
Hell, smoking cigarettes helps the lungs do productive coughs too. Anything that irritates the linings of the lungs can produce productive coughs, including cannabis.

I'll say it again Madcap. If one truly wants to keep their lungs in tip top shape, they will not smoke or vape anything and they will move to an area where the air is super clean.

Your statement that the Myrtlezap is "good for you" is false, but that's true for any vape. Sure, it's better than smoking will ever be, but it's not better than not smoking or not vaping at all.

Listen, I'm not getting on your case here. What I am doing is trying to clarify some "truths", not "opinions" to any newbies that may be reading this thread.

lwien,

Madcap Laughed

well you can diffuse helpful oils in the dragonfly cup :) and i think there can be benefit to vaporized herbs. but i dont know why were debating it! im just talking about the myrtlezap being good for you, because for instance, i was smoking 3 blunts a day, which is herb rolled in a tobacco leaf. now i've totally been able to quit that, so yes, its good for me!! and im sorry, purple-days, i thought you said you had an aromazap for 5 years!

my lungs dont hurt anymore, and i dont get irritation when i swallow, and i feel so much better, its really changed my life, thats why i praise it to so much!

Madcap Laughed,

lwien

Madcap Laughed said:
im just talking about the myrtlezap being good for you, because for instance, i was smoking 3 blunts a day, which is herb rolled in a tobacco leaf. now i've totally been able to quit that, so yes, its good for me!! and im sorry, purple-days, i thought you said you had an aromazap for 5 years!

my lungs dont hurt anymore, and i dont get irritation when i swallow, and i feel so much better, its really changed my life, thats why i praise it to so much!
Saying that the Myrtlezap is good for you is way different than saying that it is better for you than smoking.
BIG difference.

But yeah, it is pretty exciting to feel the improvements when you go from smoking to vaping, but that experience is NOT the domain of the Myrtlezap, but is true for just about all vaporizers.

lwien,
Top Bottom