Arizer XQ2

AJS

Calm Consistency
So I've been playing around with something.

As mentioned, I'm still using the 18mm basket screen in the elbow adapter, sliding that into a F2F on the heater, and using that to blow 18mm basket bags. On top of that, I've also cut my bag in half to allow for shorter extraction times to prevent flavor degradation.

But I've taken it a step further.

Instead of blowing the full bag (even though the bag is already smaller), I've instead doing it based on seconds.

This has allowed me to dial in such a strict line between getting the flower extracted, while still keeping unbelievable flavor.
I think I'll eventually open up a separate thread on FC about this.

For example.

At 370 degrees, if I blow a bag for 25 seconds, I just start to get brown herb, but the flavor has a darkness to it. I'm still able to fully taste the proper flavor of the herb, but I can absolutely taste it being over extracted as well.

Dial that back to 22 seconds instead of 25 seconds, and that over extracted flavor is reduced, and the proper flavor is enhanced.

Bring it down to 19 seconds, and I have flower that is barely starting to brown, but the flavor is entirely pure with no over extracted taste, and very fulfilling vapor. It does not fill the entire bag, as the time cuts it short.

Adjust this to 360f, and all the other variables are tweaked as well. Something around 23 seconds at 360f is producing just as good of flavor at 19 seconds at 370f, but with a bit more vapor.

As I've been playing around with this, I have gotten bags better than I would've ever expected.

You're sacrificing *how* much is extracted, in exchange for maximizing flavor while balancing vapor production
It's a tradeoff, but one that is worth exploring if you aren't conservative oriented.

You could theoretically cut a bag to fill precisely at 19-23 (with my current setup), to lose the timer and do it based on eye.
I like the option of being able to blow a larger bag outside of my desired timeframe when needed though.

The goal is to be able to consistently replicate results, and find the line between flavor and vapor production. There gets to be a point where the vapor coming out of the stem is weak and is mostly contributing poor taste. We want to pull the plug right before then.

So much to explore...

Mojo Amok

Hey folks, the excitement for Dave's mods seem rather raucous, but I have what may well be a dumb question: Do they fit the the Arizer XQ2? This kit, for example. I'm thinking now, but I'm not sure if the X2 tower/mint varies from the original.

I've really been enjoying the Arizer, but a quick one hitter would be a nice option. Much appreciated!

AJS

Calm Consistency
Aroma Tek has the XQ2 for 135.00. Is it worth getting one at this price?
I paid $140 for mine and I'd say it's absolutely worth it.

It's a ton of fun with a lot of variety, and you can really dial it in if you want to.
If you want something easy, it works perfect out of the box without any tweaking.

If you want to mod it, there are tons of options.

Just depends what you have, and what you're after, to determine if it's worth it.
For the price alone, it absolutely is. It's a heavy hitter, efficient, looks great, and fills multiple roles.

Old Stoner1958

I paid $140 for mine and I'd say it's absolutely worth it.

It's a ton of fun with a lot of variety, and you can really dial it in if you want to.
If you want something easy, it works perfect out of the box without any tweaking.

If you want to mod it, there are tons of options.

Just depends what you have, and what you're after, to determine if it's worth it.
For the price alone, it absolutely is. It's a heavy hitter, efficient, looks great, and fills multiple roles.
Thank you for the response.
I inly started vaping about a year ago and only have portables. I really enjoy the flavor I get from my convection vapes
One of my portables is an Arizer and it has become my go to device. I would like to try a desktop and the XQ2 doesnt break the bank like some do.
Thank you again for the info.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Thank you for the response.
I inly started vaping about a year ago and only have portables. I really enjoy the flavor I get from my convection vapes
One of my portables is an Arizer and it has become my go to device. I would like to try a desktop and the XQ2 doesnt break the bank like some do.
Thank you again for the info.
In that case, I'd say it fits the role well for a solo desktop vape. It does a lot, and it does it all well.

You'll pack more herb than you're used to compared to most portables, but you can always do the very simple mod to be able to use 18mm basket bowls.

Without that mod, if you have the bowl on "cloud side" (it's asymmetrical), you can load up a ton of herb.
I use it on "flavor side", you load up less, but still a bit more than most portables. I typically always use the flavor side, as it just seems all around better for me and more consistent. With that, I use 1/4 tsp of herb, so you can use that as a general gauge.

The XQ2 should definitely pack more of a punch than the arizer portables. I've owned both the Solo 2 and Air. I do love them all :)

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I bought the previous version when it was being phased out for around $100. So that’s a good price on the latest one, especially considering the updates they made. I tricked it out with a bunch of DDave stuff. I don’t bring it out often, but when I’m in the mood for a slow session, using quality silicone tubing, it’s great, and fun with the remote…. Certainly worth getting, and should be a top recommendation for a newbie 1st vape considering all you get with it, and the various ways you can use it. For example, I sold my Volcano as I never liked BAG vaping, but this does that too, and I still enjoy this device, and will never use the bags….

Mojo Amok

Hey, folks

I didn't do anything on that Dave Mod, but I saw this simple bowl flip hack over on Reddit.

You pack the weed on the underside of the connoisseur bowl, wedged right between it and the heater (you have to flip it to load it lest the weed succumb to the cruel force of gravity). ^ See that link for better instructions on doing it than that. 🦉

I'm finding it quite effective, having started only this afternoon, and still tinkering with the configuration. It's much faster than stock with a decisive first two hits followed by a fade.

So far, I preheated the bowl to 420 for about 5 minutes, took it off, loaded it up quickly, put it on again, turned it down to 390, and let it set for about 30 seconds and then hit it through the whip. It's unlikely that this is the best configuration as it's what I stumbled upon this afternoon, but it's worth trying for sure. The lower temps I tried so far made for a smoother taste, though I should probably get rid of the screen.

ChocolateBreath

I've been loving mine for months, but I just went to use it this morning and it won't turn on. I reached out to Arizer, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue? :/

Thanks

ChocolateBreath,
Reactions: LesPlenty

AJS

Calm Consistency
Anyone have any suggestions for the cheapest/fastest place to get bags for the XQ2? I found some on Amazon but not sure if they're the same kind. I'm in the US.

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
The Arizer website has the XQ2’s heating method listed as “advanced convection” when comparing to another Arizer product. What does that mean?

DrömmenOmFrihet,

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
You can use turkey oven roasting bags

If you don't like crinkly turkey bags there's always Best Boons volcano bags.
(In the voice of the genius Gremlin in Gremlins 2)
...GENTLY placing the Volcanoe Into The Turkey's Stuffing Hole, having first lubricating the hole with butter and garlicYou could use its Gizzard as a Mouthpiece...............?
And When the turkey is saturated with reclaim, You put it in the Turkey Bag and cook it in the Oven.:science:

Does anyone know the output voltage of the XQ2/EQ Power Transformer, Volts and amps? hav'nt used it for a while, and wanted to lend it to a freind, but cant find the power pack ? ? ?

Curious Gorilla,

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
(In the voice of the genius Gremlin in Gremlins 2)
...GENTLY placing the Volcanoe Into The Turkey's Stuffing Hole, having first lubricating the hole with butter and garlicYou could use its Gizzard as a Mouthpiece...............?
And When the turkey is saturated with reclaim, You put it in the Turkey Bag and cook it in the Oven.:science:

Does anyone know the output voltage of the XQ2/EQ Power Transformer, Volts and amps? hav'nt used it for a while, and wanted to lend it to a freind, but cant find the power pack ? ? ?
19V, 3.42A

greebled

Hey, folks

I didn't do anything on that Dave Mod, but I saw this simple bowl flip hack over on Reddit.

You pack the weed on the underside of the connoisseur bowl, wedged right between it and the heater (you have to flip it to load it lest the weed succumb to the cruel force of gravity). ^ See that link for better instructions on doing it than that. 🦉

I'm finding it quite effective, having started only this afternoon, and still tinkering with the configuration. It's much faster than stock with a decisive first two hits followed by a fade.

So far, I preheated the bowl to 420 for about 5 minutes, took it off, loaded it up quickly, put it on again, turned it down to 390, and let it set for about 30 seconds and then hit it through the whip. It's unlikely that this is the best configuration as it's what I stumbled upon this afternoon, but it's worth trying for sure. The lower temps I tried so far made for a smoother taste, though I should probably get rid of the screen.

Been experimenting with my XQ2 that I received a few days ago. Decided to give this a shot - I definitely seemed to notice very thick vapor quickly. However, I've been super satisfied with my unit and it's ability to produce clouds. I prefer slower sessions and elbow packing has given me a great deal of success, especially if I allow it to preheat before taking draws.

maskedcorrespondent

XQ2, Dynaverse, Xmax
Been experimenting with my XQ2 that I received a few days ago. Decided to give this a shot - I definitely seemed to notice very thick vapor quickly. However, I've been super satisfied with my unit and it's ability to produce clouds. I prefer slower sessions and elbow packing has given me a great deal of success, especially if I allow it to preheat before taking
Elbow packing also means you can lift the elbow off between hits to stop cooking it, especially with a shorter bowl. More conservative use of flower and the flavor lasts longer.

maskedcorrespondent,
Reactions: greebled

420_fitdad

I was thinking to pull the trigger on the XQ2 but then a lightly used Volcano Hybrid came up for $250. Does anyone have a perspective that has used both? I plan to have it sit on my desk in my home office. Will be used daily, both just for micro through the day as well as end of the nights for bigger doses. I have quite a few portables and such but wanted something with Bag capabilities.

420_fitdad,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Pukka

I was thinking to pull the trigger on the XQ2 but then a lightly used Volcano Hybrid came up for $250. Does anyone have a perspective that has used both? I plan to have it sit on my desk in my home office. Will be used daily, both just for micro through the day as well as end of the nights for bigger doses. I have quite a few portables and such but wanted something with Bag capabilities.
I loved my XQ2 until I got my Volcano Classic. Do check that it is a real SB device, AliExpress, etc. have sold bogus Volcanos.

Learner

I've tried both sides of the connoisseur bowl. Flavor chamber doesn't seem to get hot enough and the cloud chamber has herb kind of percolate around from bigger hits with a water bong.

A glass filter disc to sit on top of the herb would fix this I think. Or a some quartz terp balls maybe.

Anyone else have a similar experience. What was your solution?

maskedcorrespondent

XQ2, Dynaverse, Xmax
I've tried both sides of the connoisseur bowl. Flavor chamber doesn't seem to get hot enough and the cloud chamber has herb kind of percolate around from bigger hits with a water bong.

A glass filter disc to sit on top of the herb would fix this I think. Or a some quartz terp balls maybe.

Anyone else have a similar experience. What was your solution?
Using the stock bowls, I elbow pack into the basket screen either way, so for my use I go with the smaller of the two chambers up (so that there is less space for the herb to float around in). You're not alone in encountering this issue, and it's been the subject of a lot of discussion. If I weren't elbow packing, I would put one of the included metal screens lightly over the herb with the cloud chamber up to sandwich it in and keep it from tornadoing around.
A common workaround for this issue is buying a shorter female/female 18mm/18mm glass piece (easy to find on Amazon, DHGate, Ali Express, pick your poison) and using that as a replacement. The short F/F piece is the primary component of the "Ddave Mod" that you may hear about.

maskedcorrespondent,
Reactions: Learner

Learner

Using the stock bowls, I elbow pack into the basket screen either way, so for my use I go with the smaller of the two chambers up (so that there is less space for the herb to float around in). You're not alone in encountering this issue, and it's been the subject of a lot of discussion. If I weren't elbow packing, I would put one of the included metal screens lightly over the herb with the cloud chamber up to sandwich it in and keep it from tornadoing around.
A common workaround for this issue is buying a shorter female/female 18mm/18mm glass piece (easy to find on Amazon, DHGate, Ali Express, pick your poison) and using that as a replacement. The short F/F piece is the primary component of the "Ddave Mod" that you may hear about.
Thanks for your input. I think I need to retry the flavor chamber with the whip/bag.

The amount of draw I’m pulling with a bong is the main reason the tornado effect is happening I think.

The XQ2 can do bong rips I’m sure, but off a bag is probably the best method instead of direct like I was doing.

Learner,
Reactions: BigJr48

maskedcorrespondent

XQ2, Dynaverse, Xmax
Thanks for your input. I think I need to retry the flavor chamber with the whip/bag.

The amount of draw I’m pulling with a bong is the main reason the tornado effect is happening I think.

The XQ2 can do bong rips I’m sure, but off a bag is probably the best method instead of direct like I was doing.
I reach for the whip through a dry Orb 95% of the time-- sounds like you're drawing fast and hard, and that may not be playing to the strengths of the XQ2. Play around with the whip and a dry glass piece?

maskedcorrespondent,
Top Bottom