• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

poonman

That's odd ,no vapors .
Have you tried inhaling slower ?

Others have reported positively on Ed's stems , that's all I mean .

poonman,

OF

and my solo is brand new. After I slotted up the sides i get a lot of air flow but almost no vapor and the load comes out cooked (waste of material).

Important point WRT to the fit, if it's brand new it'll change in the first few dozen sessions. The ring seal will open up to the point the stems will fall out, at that point you'll have lots of air getting past with or without slots.

Once it's broken in, it's a different game.

As to why you're not getting vapor, that's a little strange, do the factory stems perform normally?

OF

OF,

samirfuzzywuzzy

That's odd ,no vapors .
Have you tried inhaling slower ?

Others have reported positively on Ed's stems , that's all I mean .

Other have reported positively but I dont know what version solo they have and if you go and look at eds site notice the stem at the top of the page has a taper in the whole grommet and also a sharpened end then the last stem granidillo has a totally boxed off metal end. Mine didnt come with an metal ring to hold the screen in. when I contacted ed about the retainer ring he stated the following "some gromets are different and dont require a retainer ring to hold the screen in.

After taking this in and watching Lindas's video i really believe that i have a different version of ED'S stem then others do. It also takes me around 6 minutes on a full charge to reach 4 while the stock glass stems reach 4 in less then 2 minutes.

As far as my pull technique goes.... I can get Awesome clouds that i can watch in the bathroom mirror with stock stems and with eds Im searching for traces.

I would call ed and have a full blown convo about the situation but I just dont like talking about these type of things anywhere (especially on the phone) unless i do them here at FC which is dedicated to this type of convo.

samirfuzzywuzzy,

ma125

my intial thoughts were: this thing is awesome. It looks and feels good to hold but function is different.
Mine as I keep stating has no taper in the metal. There is almost no air flow until I modded it. Keep in mind my metal grommet on eds stem looks different and my solo is brand new. After I slotted up the sides i get a lot of air flow but almost no vapor and the load comes out cooked (waste of material).

I have a similar problem with an Ed´s granadillo stem i bought from PIU, i only get vapor in the 6 ou 7 setting, and it´s nowhere near the thickness i get with stock stems...

ma125,

samirfuzzywuzzy

sending out orings today. If you didnt get a message back from me its because I didnt get a name/address from you or i cant reply to you(wonder why).

If you need or O rings I will now be sending 2 per request. Just PM me your name and address

samirfuzzywuzzy,

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
you can find this post on Page 149

There are also some pics (i can´t see them) but some users describe the "plastic" airpath. And someone put this bowl into an oven for about 200C and it melts.

I just want to get sure.

Garrett, Back in the time of the post you referenced on page 149, the Solo had a "stink" problem with some of the early models. My first M104 was a stinky that I returned for warranty. The replacement has been fine and has been a very strong performer. To remove the stink, some of us removed the top cap from the Solo (removed the plug from the top cap as well) then baked the cap to cure the paint. IIRC, the guy who melted his Solo stuck his (edit: he disassembled his heater assembly and baked that in the oven, not the entire) Solo in the oven and cooked it at 200c.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-147#post-165069

He's the only one who ever did this that I'm aware of.

Go ahead and buy a Solo. I taste no taste other than the taste I taste.
(Edit: After coming back and re-reading my post, I can assure you the Solo works just fine, just fine...)

Papa Woody,

samirfuzzywuzzy

I have a similar problem with an Ed´s granadillo stem i bought from PIU, i only get vapor in the 6 ou 7 setting, and it´s nowhere near the thickness i get with stock stems...

I thought I was the only one.....i hate the feeling of no one knowing what im saying....LOL

samirfuzzywuzzy,

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
I thought I was the only one.....i hate the feeling of no one knowing what im saying....LOL

I have an Ed's stem. The thick metal takes longer to heat up. I also find that I have to bump the temp up a couple of numbers to get the same production as with the glass. In the end, it wasn't for me. I much prefer the glass and with a travel tube, they are safe for taking out and about. The wood just alters the taste too much for my liking.

barry1309

I have an Ed's stem. The thick metal takes longer to heat up. I also find that I have to bump the temp up a couple of numbers to get the same production as with the glass. In the end, it wasn't for me. I much prefer the glass and with a travel tube, they are safe for taking out and about. The wood just alters the taste too much for my liking.
I absolutely second that observation. While vaping I starting to taste the flavors from the wood material and thought I was taking in that material. I figured one could not go wrong with glass and one gets an unadulterated taste of the materials. So Ed's is sitting with my other glass items.

barry1309,

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
What is the cheapest way/place to get a 12v car charger for the Solo? Any links would be appreciated. Preassembled would be best, but I can build if there is a big savings. TIA

happyTrails,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
So Ed's is sitting with my other glass items.
I like the ED's Wood Stem for a back up while I have more glass ordered.
Now I just keep 2 glass stems on hand and padded my floor so I quit breaking glass.
The taste of wood is a bit hard for me to handle.
Good assessment on your part!

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
My experience with Ed's wood stem is different from the above posters. I detect no wood flavor whatsoever. The draw is as good as it gets with a Solo as far as I've been able to tell. The burn of material is as effective as glass, and even. I like the way it holds tight without the need or want for an O-ring. I do notice though that the screw-on cap gets hotter than with the glass stems, so this may (?) indicate a loss of heat to the outside of the bowl...however, as I stated, the burn of material seems to be as effective for me as the glass. Great vapor density and flavor at all temps, comparatively speaking. JMO:)

Snappo,

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Thanks guys for your informations. You really help me with my decision.
You can count me in as a new solo Member. I will definitely buy me one.
You will be very happy with your new Solo. IMO, there is nothing better. Even though I have an Ascent on order, I do not expect it to bump my trusted Solo out of the stable. The Solo delivers in all regards, in spades!

Snappo,

clouded vision

Thanks guys for your informations. You really help me with my decision.
You can count me in as a new solo Member. I will definitely buy me one.
I'm sure you will be happy with it.
Recently I've been having a love affair with my LSV paired with my GBD honeycomb, which is seeing a lot more action than my solo, yet every single night I still find myself reaching for my solo for a nightcap. There is something to be said for how effortless the solo really is. I really doubt I could go an entire day without using my solo at all and I know with the solo I wouldn't necessarily need to use my LSV on any given day.
I guess what I'm getting at its even though my LSV is getting a lot more use I still think if Ihad a gun to my head and had to choose, my solo is my favorite (of course that's like asking someone to choose their favorite child)

OF

What is the cheapest way/place to get a 12v car charger for the Solo? Any links would be appreciated. Preassembled would be best, but I can build if there is a big savings. TIA

https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/s...1&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=2158127
And
https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/s...&catalogId=10001&pa=2113703&productId=2113703

But, since that's only $5.50, and you get charged extra for being under ten buck, why not buy two sets for $11 and give the second to a friend?

OF

20130627_105221.jpg

Ill send 5 to the first 5 people to IM me with their name/address. Also if you already got some from some one before or ever had any o-rings.... please wait....Ill send you some too!!! But first people who never had em.
What type of o rings are those. ive been wanting to order a bunch of them from therubberstore.com but i didnt know what type to purchase. the ones you got seem identicial to the one pv sends w/ there gong and stems. so any info would help thanks.

Vapingaway818,
Reactions: OF

clouded vision

I have always ground mine pretty fine.

I usually fill my Santa Cruz Shredder to capacity and grind with it turned upside down so as not to go through the holes too early.
I do the exact same thing with my grinder. I usually grind mine up at the end of the night for the next day, sometimes I even flip my grinder back over and shake it back through the holes and grind it again after it has sat out dying overnight to get an extra fine grind

clouded vision,

Vaponly

What, Me Worry?
I even flip my grinder back over and shake it back through the holes and grind it again after it has sat out dying overnight to get an extra fine grind

Wow!

That is a great idea. :tup:

I will have to try that next time I have meds that are less than cured.

Vaponly,

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I use a coffee grinder. Just a few brief seconds of grinding and it comes out evenly fine & fluffy. Especially good for sticky stuff. I pack it, but not too tight...just right so conduction and convection can do their magic.

Vaponly

What, Me Worry?
I use a coffee grinder. Just a few brief seconds of grinding and it comes out evenly fine & fluffy. Especially good for sticky stuff. I pack it, but not too tight...just right so conduction and convection can do their magic.

Must be kind of tough reclaiming all the sparkly goodness left behind on the voluminous insides of the coffee grinder no?

Vaponly,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom