• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

thesoloman

What kind of O-ring are people using to keep the stems in place? Does doing that restrict the airflow even more?

Also, is there a screen size that fits the Solo perfectly out of the box? It's hard to get a perfect fit when you have to trim the screen with scissors.

Hi, the o-ring i was using is a half inch hi-temp silicon o-ring, i received mine from OF, very happy about this(: the o-ring does slightly reduce airflow, but im getting far more consistent milky rips, even tho its slightly harder to pull.
Regarding a screen, i use halfinch, and they either fit perfectly, or they need a little love tap to stay in my bowl.

thesoloman,

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
OF, got my O-Rings. Thanks a ton, they are great! It is reassuring to know that they can take the heat. You da man!

These rings with a PVHES Turbo are fantastic. Secure stem and all the airflow you could want. It used to be that some of my stems were tighter than others, but they are all secure now. It's also one less thing to worry about when passing the Solo in the event they grab the glass and not the base.

OF

OF, got my O-Rings. Thanks a ton, they are great! It is reassuring to know that they can take the heat.

These rings with a PVHES Turbo are fantastic. Secure stem and all the airflow you could want.

You're welcome. It makes no sense to me to mess around with sub standard stuff here when sound materials are available.

I too think the PVHES does just fine with it (doesn't seem to effect flow at all to me) and I've had some good results with modifying them for use with normal stems as well. However, while the modified version doesn't seem to add any restrictions, the designed in restriction that some object to still exists of course.

Hopefully others who got them will experiment some in the area and we can come up with a 'best advice' here?

OF

thesoloman

heres my fav so far, "the floating stem"
I've found that if i lift my stem up slightly in the bowl it will stay there allowing for huge rips with less drag, this is my preferred method so far.

^^^ this has to do with the o-ring mod, for you late joiners,

ALSO i can now hold the solo by the stem like the stem is a cig, lol. its now the worlds largest e-cig haha

thesoloman,
Reactions: OF

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
^^I like the o ring trick very much...but I don't really need that.

But I guess if you have a stock stem and you want more airflow then it helps improve the lifting method since you don't accidentally lift the stem too much which happened to me...so I'll might try it one day ;)

m0sh,

IF II INI C IHI

Aka VapeGod
You're welcome. It makes no sense to me to mess around with sub standard stuff here when sound materials are available.

I too think the PVHES does just fine with it (doesn't seem to effect flow at all to me) and I've had some good results with modifying them for use with normal stems as well. However, while the modified version doesn't seem to add any restrictions, the designed in restriction that some object to still exists of course.

Hopefully others who got them will experiment some in the area and we can come up with a 'best advice' here?

OF
after seeing all of these O-Ring talks, thanks again OF, I am hoping mine came in the mail today aswell :)

IF II INI C IHI,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
The o-ring works great and OF is the man for helping us out. As we know it is hard to find the right size and high heat stuff local. I guess we should thank TET for having them as well. I think that is where they came from if not oops.

Dreamerr,

OF

after seeing all of these O-Ring talks, thanks again OF, I am hoping mine came in the mail today aswell :)

It should, they all went out together Sunday in California, you're a ways out. Hang in there.....

The o-ring works great and OF is the man for helping us out. As we know it is hard to find the right size and high heat stuff local. I guess we should thank TET for having them as well. I think that is where they came from if not oops.

Actually, as I said, I bought a bag to get a few to try out. TV uses a similar (but smaller) ring, it doesn't work. However, this ring does an interesting job sealing the EO core in some cases.....

I've got 3 more requests today, I expect more, sorry guys I did what I said I was going to. I divided up the pile amongst those who responded by my arbitrary deadline, the few I have left are 'spoken for'. My goal was to get some out into folks hands so they could experiment with the idea and hopefully contribute here.....not to become a source of free rings for one and all at my expense. I hope you understand?

The offer has expired, I divided the available rings up amongst the two dozen folks that responded, four each, keeping a few for my own use. Actually I'm still holding two bags for hand delivery. The rest are mailed out.

Perhaps some of 'the lucky few' would like to volunteer to share some of their new found stash, but I completely understand if they don't want to. Otherwise, you want Silicone rings and soft (I got 70D, 60 might be even better?) with full temperature ratings (450F plus) in standard size 113. Hardware store rings are not right, likewise auto stores. There's a hydraulic fitting shop in town that lists them at $1.35 each but when I went down they were out of stock so I ordered a bag of 100. IIRC I got them from McMaster Carr, not that the source matters if the specs are right.

OF

Edit: Make that four requests today. A guy could make a fair business giving these guys away it seems....... OF

Dreamerr

A lot of this stuff comes in huge quantities so I suppose you can buy a bag and sell them. I think the same holds true for tubing since between shipping(usually way higher then actually cost), and the amount you have to buy it can be a decent business with only a small profit but a really good feeling in the heart. It warms my cockles when people are actually kind since that is a rare breed.

OF

Got the goods OF, thanks again

Yer welcome. Glad to hear it got there safe and sound. Use 'em in good health and all. If you get a chance to experiment with different techniques and mods on the theme I'd love to hear about that. I think in the weeks to come we can crack this nut.

Regards,

OF

OF,

exhaleclouds

floatin' with the clouds
Thanks OF for the o-rings you sent to TheSoloMan. He hooked me up(and a few other friends with Solos') with the o-ring mod and my solo feels great! Never have to worry bout losing the damn stem hah (:

Definitely recommend anyone with a solo to do this simple mod for the best experience possible with this vape....beside vapor bonging <3

exhaleclouds,

poonman

HeM9xum.jpg

Well I stand corrected ,
I thought it was thru water gear , because of the clean cut off around the top .
As if it was submerged under water .
The no particulates in the stem is a plus .

Dreamerr

It looks photoshopped to me since oil builds up in pieces not in a smooth coating. I also thought earlier in the thread that when the same stem was posted the person said it wasn't theirs.

Dreamerr,

thesoloman

HeM9xum.jpg

Well I stand corrected ,
I thought it was thru water gear , because of the clean cut off around the top .
As if it was submerged under water .
The no particulates in the stem is a plus .
dude thats an awesomely dirty stem!!! if i were you i would make a very medicated hot coco with that

thesoloman,

exhaleclouds

floatin' with the clouds
^^^ This kid

But yeah that looks like some bomb goop, should claim it up for something nice n stoney

exhaleclouds,

poonman

idk about being photoshopped Dreamerr .
I think it's do-able , but just thru water gear . ime

Will the real owner of that stem please step forward ???
or
He/She is too busy producing another Honey stem ...

Dreamerr

Maybe heat would be able to smooth out the oil like that but in either respect it isn't our stem to use. We proudly showed ours yesterday. Where is your poonman?

Dreamerr,

poonman

Maybe heat would be able to smooth out the oil like that but in either respect it isn't our stem to use. We proudly showed ours yesterday. Where is your poonman?

I don't usually let my stems get that oily , because I use the same 2 stock stems for
dry vaping also . But I do have to order something from PV again . And when I get some extra
Solo stems , I'll try to produce one and post the photo .

My theory on the smoothness , is the "extra" water adhering to the resin being vaped
causes that ...sheen . imo

poonman,

Dreamerr

I don't blame you sometimes you just want a clean stem. IMO the oily ones are harsher. I have a bunch of stems and that is the only one that I let get oily. The rest I clean up way quicker. I think I will try and let this one go until it is soooooooooooooooooo oily you can't even see through it.

This always makes me wonder if we have oil deposits in our lungs and bronchial tubes. It stands to reason that we do and I wonder what happens over time :hmm:

olivianewtonjohn

Holy shit I had left my stem in vodka but later found out I need everclear (thanks guys). Im sure my stem lost some potency due to the vodka but I just brewed some coffee with cream and used my stem. Its been 4hrs and I have had such a calm and soothing high its awesome.

OF

Thanks OF for the o-rings you sent to TheSoloMan. He hooked me up(and a few other friends with Solos') with the o-ring mod and my solo feels great! Never have to worry bout losing the damn stem hah (:

Definitely recommend anyone with a solo to do this simple mod for the best experience possible with this vape....beside vapor bonging <3

Thanks for the good word, I like happy endings.

I agree, adding the ring is a big plus in many ways, I think it can restrict the flow a bit but I'm confident we'll work around that minor remaining point. The PVHES doesn't seem to have this drawback to me, which makes me think there's a fix. I'm having some luck with my current version, hopefully others will develop and share theirs.......

In the mean time, enjoy it, that was the basic idea of this whole vape thing as I recall?

OF

bluerap00

Been vaping with my new solo since Tuesday, ahhhmazing device. Been lurking this thread learning all kinds of things about it. Popped in a spare screen designed for my VaporGenie glass bat which fits perfect with a little pre-doming :tup:

Missed out on OF's giveaway (darnit) but been looking online for something that fits the criteria in case my Solo gets the seemingly popular loose stem syndrome. Got a PVHES stem on the way (can't wait) and figured I might as well get the o-ring as a head start.

I was hoping to get some help verifying if I'm getting the right thing, o-ring language is pretty much chinese to me. How does this one look?

http://www.rubberstore.com/catalog/as113-silicone-oring-as568-size-0103-0549-p-8657.html

Of course, if anyone would like to send a newbie one of their spares, that too would be much appreciated :)

Thanks for the great info thus far!

bluerap00,

Dreamerr

Really Michael then congrats:clap: now tell us your secret please.

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom