• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

VAPORIZER22

I wasnt aware that higher temps released different cannabinoids. Thanks for the info

You are welcome. I find higher temps helpful especially with Indica dominant strains when I need something for back pain or insomnia. I will still start at 3 to get that good flavor and slowly creep towards 7 as the vapor thins out.

Good to see another member in the 530 area.

VAPORIZER22,

argo100

What's the best way to clean out the Solo chamber? There's some ABV that's been accumulating in there as well as some dirt.

argo100,

Techn!d0n

My suggestion is a q-tip with ISO while it is still warm. That should work pretty good. I love my solo... miles ahead then most vapes on the market... only draw back is that it does not do VERY low temp vaping... but for everything else and the current price... top 5 vapes out there.

Techn!d0n,
Reactions: IAmKrazy2

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Techn, what do you consider low. I think they all run a bit different but I am comfortable with around 370-375 based on other vapes. I used there reported temps as well as my DV which has an "exact" temp not really but maybe. I use my solo on 3 so there are still 1 and 2. How much lower do you want to go? Although high temps may be needed by me my throat hates it and so do my taste buds. I don't think my lungs like it very much either.

Techn!d0n

Techn, what do you consider low. I think they all run a bit different but I am comfortable with around 370-375 based on other vapes. I used there reported temps as well as my DV which has an "exact" temp not really but maybe. I use my solo on 3 so there are still 1 and 2. How much lower do you want to go? Although high temps may be needed by me my throat hates it and so do my taste buds. I don't think my lungs like it very much either.

well what I consider to be very low is the temp range of 180F-220F. At temps that low you can have a different type of "experience" with your meds... Question for you Dreamerr.... do you like the pinnacle? I have heard and seen on the forms here that it's pretty boss.

Techn!d0n,
Reactions: ataxian

Greenmile1332

Hey guys, how many 12 minute cycles, (on 7 I assume?) would you run you're Solo through for it's initial "burn off" ?
Thanks

Greenmile1332,

Dreamerr

Once is more then likely enough but I did a lot. Yes, all on 7 and if I noticed I went right back up to 7 if I didn't it was whenever I noticed it was done with the cycle.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
well what I consider to be very low is the temp range of 180F-220F. At temps that low you can have a different type of "experience" with your meds... Question for you Dreamerr.... do you like the pinnacle? I have heard and seen on the forms here that it's pretty boss.

setting 2 or maybe 3 max is my ideal with an old solo, first generation. not sure if temp range has changed at all.

IAmKrazy2,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner

Do you really mean 82-105C or did you mean 180C-220C

There's no real point vaporizing above 220C, I mean hardly any point as pretty much all of the cannabinoids are extracted...

I think the solo offering 210C is great, I really don't think we need more than that to get high... but sure the massive vapes offer more than that and you can also combust (starts at 236C) - then you feel you're more wasted than the solo ... but truth is the solo does the job as well as my LSV, but it doesn't rape me ;)

m0sh,
Reactions: fubar

$un

You know I continue to worry you may be carrying expectations from blazing over to this vaping thing? Once again, honking on the machine when there's no cherry to fire up and make more heat doesn't make vapor faster....all we can do is dilute what comes off. This is all PV HE stems do, they're not magic, there's no more herb there, the heat is the same. Like watering down your Scotch, the glass is fuller (bigger clouds) but still has the same about .4 ounces of Ethanol to offer. Weigh the loads carefully before and after and see for yourself once you get into a position to do so.

I continue to believe the Engineers were neither short sighted, ignorant or incompetent. They surely tried various schemes popular with some and decided to do what they did for what they believe are sound reasons. They could have done the PV stem tricks in hardware on the unit (say vent below the Teflon seal ring every one thinks is too loose anyway?) but didn't.

Them's the rules as I see it.

Regards,

OF

Its not that i am carrying expectations from blazing as i understand vaping is a totally different method. what i am trying to do is ease up the draw resistance a bit so its more easier to draw, kind of like a bong. i tried that slow long draw method but still get a pulling strange feeling in my chest each time after using the solo. also i was suffering with very dry cotton mouth from the hot dry vape due to which i opted to go with the bubbler.

I don't believe the engineers were short sighted, ignorant or incompetent. as pv is also in canada & very close to the solo manufacturer, so why can't they come up with the same pv methods? it could be simply marketing schemes as i highly doubt that they are not aware of the methods used by pv.

I broke my GonG a couple of days after I got it. :( Here's my solution for a regular stem while I'm waiting for a new one:

The white stuff is sugru. The black thing is a stem cap/MFLB cap with a hole cut in it (keeps the end from chipping).

That's not a bad idea at all. but the stem is very thin & can easily break, also the solo is not a light unit it has some weight to it. you might be putting too much pressure on to the glass from being top heavy. i would not leave the solo connected to that glass piece unattended.

$un,

$un

What's the main difference if your extracting cannabinoids at lower temperature compare to higher temperature?

$un,

m0sh

What's the main difference if your extracting cannabinoids at lower temperature compare to higher temperature?

I posted a list not too long ago... I will go back and search for it
OK here it is :

Chemical name: Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol AKA THC
Boiling point: 157 * C
Features: causes euphoria, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-vomiting

Chemical Name: Cannabidiol
Also known as: CBD
Boiling point: 160-180 * C
Features: anti-anxiety, analgesic, anti-psychotic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-convulsive

Chemical name: Delta-8-Tetrahydrocannabinol AKA Delta-8-THC
Boiling point: 175-178 * C
Features:
1. Similar to delta -9
2. Less Psychoactive
3. Anti-vomiting and more stable than Delta -9

Chemical Name: Cannabinol AKA CBN
Boiling point: 185 * C
Features: oxidation, is broken down, by-product, sedative, antibiotic

Chemical Name: cannabichromene AKA CBC
Boiling point : 220 * C
Features: anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, anti-fungal

Chemical Name: Cannabigerol AKA CBG
Boiling Point: MP52

Chemical Name: Tetrahydrocannabivarin AKA THCV
Boiling Point: <220 * C
Features: painkiller, causes euphoria

Higher will get you more sedative while lower will keep you in more of a euphoric state...

Better start your day low...

I like the 190C-200C range.

fubar

Ancient and opiniated inhaler
I don't believe the engineers were short sighted, ignorant or incompetent. as pv is also in canada & very close to the solo manufacturer, so why can't they come up with the same pv methods? it could be simply marketing schemes as i highly doubt that they are not aware of the methods used by pv.

The pv provides a lower resistance draw by permitting external unheated air in to mix and cool down the properly heated air before it hits the herb.
People are free to choose that but it's not how I want my vaporizer to work. Some options at http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-551#post-374257
As always, YMMV

m0sh

The pv provides a lower resistance draw by permitting external unheated air in to mix and cool down the properly heated air before it hits the herb.
People are free to choose that but it's not how I want my vaporizer to work. Some options at http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-551#post-374257
As always, YMMV

And more on the subject, the Solo was not designed for this extra airflow, while it works well the heater has an harder time maintaining its original temperature...
So this is why they are not doing so.

$un

I posted a list not too long ago... I will go back and search for it
OK here it is :

Chemical name: Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol AKA THC
Boiling point: 157 * C
Features: causes euphoria, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-vomiting

Chemical Name: Cannabidiol
Also known as: CBD
Boiling point: 160-180 * C
Features: anti-anxiety, analgesic, anti-psychotic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-convulsive

Chemical name: Delta-8-Tetrahydrocannabinol AKA Delta-8-THC
Boiling point: 175-178 * C
Features:
1. Similar to delta -9
2. Less Psychoactive
3. Anti-vomiting and more stable than Delta -9

Chemical Name: Cannabinol AKA CBN
Boiling point: 185 * C
Features: oxidation, is broken down, by-product, sedative, antibiotic

Chemical Name: cannabichromene AKA CBC
Boiling point : 220 * C

Chemical Name: Cannabigerol AKA CBG
Boiling Point: MP52

Chemical Name: Tetrahydrocannabivarin AKA THCV
Boiling Point: <220 * C
Features: painkiller, causes euphoria

Higher will get you more sedative while lower will keep you in more of a euphoric state...

Better start your day low...

I like the 190C-200C range.

thanks m0sh!

There's so many different options of gongs to pick from at pv. there's a regular one,shorty,turbo,shorty turbo, then there's also ones with carb holes i believe.

can someone please explain the difference to me, especially with the carb hole as i have only seen that in bongs...

Turbo will be one big hole covered by a screen, regular (my pick) is the normal four hole with a screen and slits on the sides making the airflow much better... the shorty is just a smaller chamber ... IMO there's not much need for that, you can put 0.05g in the normal stem but you can't put 0.15g in the shorty (correct me if I'm wrong)

Crab is only for the GoNG's perhaps, no much need in vaporizing... its more for smoking.

why do you pick the regular over the turbo if the turbo supposedly suppose to be better with better air flow & draw resistance? i am going to get a gong for my infamous $40 bubbler, which one do you think will work the best with that?

$un,

m0sh

thanks m0sh!

There's so many different options of gongs to pick from at pv. there's a regular one,shorty,turbo,shorty turbo, then there's also ones with carb holes i believe.

can someone please explain the difference to me, especially with the carb hole as i have only seen that in bongs...

Turbo will be one big hole covered by a screen, regular (my pick) is the normal four hole with a screen and slits on the sides making the airflow much better... the shorty is just a smaller chamber ... IMO there's not much need for that, you can put 0.05g in the normal stem but you can't put 0.15g in the shorty (correct me if I'm wrong)

Crab is only for the GoNG's perhaps, no much need in vaporizing... its more for smoking.

Edit : All PVHES have slits.

OF

Its not that i am carrying expectations from blazing as i understand vaping is a totally different method. what i am trying to do is ease up the draw resistance a bit so its more easier to draw, kind of like a bong.

Thanks for the response, although I still think we're 'talking across purposes' here. You say you're not taking expectations with you but want it to be like a bong? That's exactly what I'm talking about. You're not accepting the vapor the way it was designed to be delivered. You say you think the engineers did a good job but somehow PV has done it better and since they're geographically close (how does that matter in today's 'global economy'?) they should adopt PVs products. As I said before, the Solo designers passed up lots of other opportunities to build in this function. PV just came along and said 'how do we modify this to get more airflow'? Give the engineers due credit if you say you think they're competent?

You know Vapman? I've got one, pretty neat IMO, it has three small vents in the top piece for this exact reason, to dilute and cool the vapor. PV didn't invent the idea. If you read that thread, some few folks after less but thicker vapor (and willing to put up with the harder draw and higher heat) plug those holes. I believe there's a clue there.

I think it's a good thing that capitalism provides aftermarket stuff like the PVHES at reasonable costs to folks interested. This includes stuff like Ed's Stems, which are also highly prized by some owners, but not for the masses. I think, however, you're still missing the fact that the majority of the owners are probably quite happy with the design.....which is what they set out to achieve? In their ignorance, they're contentedly sipping on their Solos to what they feel is great effect.

Thanks again.

OF

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
$un, certainly by now you must understand what the differences between the PVHES models. In addition to all the responses you have gotten from multiple posts about the subject, they detail the differences clearly on their website. You obviously feel the restricted air flow is an issue. You need and 18mm PVHES turbo GONG, no carb. TA DA! that is it! Your quest has come to an end! If it feels too airy, add a few fine mesh screens and pack tighter.

In the meantime, slow your draw to a sip (as OF mentioned). Try to draw for 30-40 seconds SLOWLY with your stock stem lifted slightly off the floor of the heating chamber. If your feeling a tightness in your chest as you draw, you are pulling way too hard.

Dreamerr

Like happytrails has said we have been over this many times within the time you have been here at FC just for you sun. Besides from all these nice people answering your questions over and over...the same questions it is in the thread over and over as well. I believe the chart posted on this page was posted for you a few pages back IIRC. Slow your roll and learn your device.

I don't like the turbo personally cause the airflow is way to much to keep up with the heater as some have said already. Your body needs to be conditioned to vaping and so does your throat and mouth. I know this is a new society of immediate gratification but with that you will pay a price. Some of us older folks understand that and by the patience of most in here answering your repeated questions, you should maybe understand that as well and now put in your work. Nothing worth while happens over night IMO unless you just got really lucky.

There are a few vapes out there with unrestricted airflow so maybe that is better for you? The SSV comes to mind then you can feel like you are smoking. Even saying this you still have to learn that vape as well. Nothing comes easy in life.

Top Bottom