• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

$un

Well it's a little late for that I guess? Even if they were in stock.

You can, of course, use your straight stem if you're careful. Use a big rubber band of strip of cloth for a gasket if you don't have the right size tube for the job?

OF

yea it is late & i wouldn't even get it on time, i don't think. i find it weird i would think they would make more of it since its so much in demand, or at least have it in stock around 420!

i can use my straight stem but the whole connection is going to be extremely delicate & ill risk breaking my stem. i tried going to home depot to find a temporary tube to do the job, but they only had vinyl tubes & only sold 25 feet & nothing less. i don't know where i could find a silicone tube of about 1 feet. ill try the pet store near me, they wont be heat resistant but then again the solo stem towards the mouth doesn't really get that hot, hopefully it will do a temporary job for me.

$un,

JLG

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
hmm that's bad, didn't know.
if you choose to order from vaporizer king there is even a discount code where you should get additional 10$ of. So it's just 115$ (for US citizens). Code: VAPOR10

mrweed,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I'm getting the Stubby is bigger than the normal PVGoNG?
That would actually be cool...

m0sh,

needalift

My apologies , I have to correct myself . Got the shorty not the stubby. Not sure about the difference . This is my first glass adapter . But I do know it's great .

needalift,
Reactions: JLG

olivianewtonjohn

for real, found an offer yesterday for 160$... i've just forget which store it was

edit: oh yes, it was puffitup!go get yours fast. 160$ is a super price
Discount Code: Solo160
It has been this price for months and months. $160 is really the new regular price that it goes for, but if you look at other places you can get it for around $125

I recently took a 3/4" stainless screen and trimmed it with a nail clipper so it fit inside the solos stainless bowl. Now the stem is a mm or so raised up. The air restriction is pretty minimized now, I think the solo should have come this way.

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: JLG and OF

Yoshi

Woah
It has been this price for months and months. $160 is really the new regular price that it goes for, but if you look at other places you can get it for around $125

I think people get excited about the $160 price point when they learn that the vape used to be $300. I know I did :lol:

Yoshi,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I think people get excited about the $160 price point when they learn that the vape used to be $300. I know I did :lol:
$300 is what I paid for my first SOLO 2 years ago.
$160 is what it what my 2nd one cost one year ago.
Today on ebay I saw it for $139 with free shipping?

ataxian,

olivianewtonjohn

Thats understandable I just didnt want misinformation to continue to spread.

$300 is what I paid for my first SOLO 2 years ago.
$160 is what it what my 2nd one cost one year ago.
Today on ebay I saw it for $139 with free shipping?
Lowest priced one currently:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Newest-Ariz...143?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2576902cff

But I did see them for $120 last week

olivianewtonjohn,

OF

I recently took a 3/4" stainless screen and trimmed it with a nail clipper so it fit inside the solos stainless bowl. Now the stem is a mm or so raised up. The air restriction is pretty minimized now, I think the solo should have come this way.

You would not be alone in that for sure.

However, I think it's a good bet that the engineers tried this and lots of other schemes before they carefully set up the system they did. They went to a lot of trouble to restrict free flow in ways they thought best, no doubt understanding it's easier to open it up and seal it better later on.

Part of the true strength of a design is it's ability to serve different users and differing needs/conditions. Solo, as some others, really shines here IMO.

OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian

olivianewtonjohn

You would not be alone in that for sure.

However, I think it's a good bet that the engineers tried this and lots of other schemes before they carefully set up the system they did. They went to a lot of trouble to restrict free flow in ways they thought best, no doubt understanding it's easier to open it up and seal it better later on.

Part of the true strength of a design is it's ability to serve different users and differing needs/conditions. Solo, as some others, really shines here IMO.

OF
I agree with that there seems to be many simple mods for solo that make a huge difference. But I disagree with you, seems more people prefer the PVHE stems and this mod is similar to that. If the engineers were really testing it out they could have come to the conclusion that people might prefer more airflow and then just included a screen saying it could be used with or without a screen. This wouldnt have cost them very much and would have been better than including the dried up flowers.

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: JLG and OF

poke

i just got my solo and im excited to see how it smokes. for a dry burn, you just turn it up to 7 and let it go til it shuts off?

poke,
Reactions: OF

OF

If the engineers were really testing it out they could have come to the conclusion that people might prefer more airflow and then just included a screen saying it could be used with or without a screen. This wouldnt have cost them very much and would have been better than including the dried up flowers.

You're surely not saying in the many years they never tested it? Or that they were in any way naive about it?

Keep in mind their goal is to sell Solos, not be all things to all people. That confuses many folks who want 'plug and play' (I'm sure you've read their posts around this Forum?). I think they're quite happy with PV dealing with the semi customs, for sure the overwhelming majority of owners (remember important as we are we're a small fraction of the business, unlike products like Cera) aren't clamoring for change. They want, and get, happy campers.

And as I said, it's like dating, you can't go backwards and make it tighter later on.

i just got my solo and im excited to see how it smokes. for a dry burn, you just turn it up to 7 and let it go til it shuts off?

Howdy and congratulations. Good times are coming to your house today......

OF

OF,

salivape

Start low and work your way up and see what you like. I dont have one yet but its what I plan to do once I get it. What works for Dick might not work for Harry

edit: Ignore me. I missed the 'dry burn' part.

salivape,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom