Arizer Solo

jambandphan03

in flavor country
or you can wrap the exposed wood in a bit of paper, and use it as a shim to slide the bowl over. I did this, and my bowl has not come off since. I had to tap it down w/ a hammer and protected the ends w/ some silicone tubing while tapping in place. It's on there now...Easy fix... or contact Ed if you don't want to mess with it.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Vitolo

Nic

or you can wrap the exposed wood in a bit of paper, and use it as a shim to slide the bowl over. I did this, and my bowl has not come off since. I had to tap it down w/ a hammer and protected the ends w/ some silicone tubing while tapping in place. It's on there now...Easy fix... or contact Ed if you don't want to mess with it.

I did this, and now I have a nice tight seal that is still removable when I want it to be. I've grown to prefer this setup (for lightning-fast screen cleaning) and will probably request the omission of JB's Weld from my inevitable next order of Ed's stems!

Nic,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Go back and read my post.
The original stems have a tip that can come off, the newer ones do not, they are attached in place.
When the tip and the wood are both at room temp again, (completely) you will find the tip is in place again well. If you find it too loose, and not to your liking, Ed will fix it for you I am certain!

read your post previously and just read it again and I'm still unsure because I don't know whether I have a newer one or an older one. I ordered it about 3 weeks ago shortly after he put the Solo stems on his site.

Thanks for the paper trick. I will give that a try....

EDIT: from inspection it appears there is glue on my stem. It just didn't hold

ru_frothi,

u bwade wunner

I spoke to Ed yesterday.my stem came apart on setting 6 after a few 12 minute cycles.I pulled the stem out and the bowl stayed behind in the solo.:doh: .It has jb weld but is still coming apart.paper did nt work for me either.

I work in the heating ventilation industry so was an easy fix with plumbers hemp/flax.I would consider this a permanent fix.this is especially useful on the older M103 solos where the stems get quite tight in the solo.

this fix will work much better if the SS bowl is hot.Just slip on a pair of gloves.

hemp/flax fibre will allow expansion and contraction between the two materials concerned and will handle the heat admirably.It is a totally natural product from the flax plant.

It feels and looks like blonde hair.I think most of us have seen it when the plumbers been around to do a job.you need to wrap a small amount around the wood stem end..It needs to squeeze inbetween the steel and the stem end just like the paper fix so only a little. wrap around the wood end.one very fine wrap all along the wood,use a little olive oil to hold it in place and stop it unraveling.hold the stem in your e hand and use a piece of timber as a mallet to beat the stainless bowl onto the stem.the excess if you have any can be trimmed off with a craftknife.

to give you an idea what it is here is the product and also the safety data sheet.it can be bought worldwide in plumbing stores for a few cents.Its been around since day dot.Loctite 55 will also work if you can t source Flax/hemp

I wouldnt recommend ptfe plumbers tape because of offgassing issues and it packs down and doesnt like movement

Flax fibers wiki
hemp for solo stem
safety data sheet fo plumbers hemp

go for your'e life:)

VisiblyVaped

Ordering new stems, but im loving the solo. Two heating cycles and no taste/smell.
Plus gotvape is RIDICULOUS with this discount and finaggling (pm if intrigued)
Still hits hard to choke me like a bong....and 2 year warranty....hellz yea

VisiblyVaped,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It sounds like you have a couple of great vapes in your arsenal, and we all look forward to seeing you "stay vaped"!:)

On an "aside" note:

Was that "spam"?
If GotVape is "finaggling" prices with you on either of the vapes you have... The Volcano, and the Solo, then they chose two makers of vapes that strictly disallow price cutting or underselling in any form.
I do not trust GotVape. They sell some Vapes that the makers have taken off of the market!
They sell one model, that Vapir has removed from the entire market. Gotvape would not stop selling the faulty product, and Vapir has advised me that Gotvape still sells the " Vapir Classic Rechargeable Digital Vaporizer" on their website.

Vitolo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I spoke to Ed yesterday.my stem came apart on setting 6 after a few 12 minute cycles.I pulled the stem out and the bowl stayed behind in the solo.:doh: .It has jb weld but is still coming apart.paper did nt work for me either.

I work in the heating ventilation industry so was an easy fix with plumbers hemp/flax.I would consider this a permanent fix.this is especially useful on the older M103 solos where the stems get quite tight in the solo.

this fix will work much better if the SS bowl is hot.Just slip on a pair of gloves.

hemp/flax fibre will allow expansion and contraction between the two materials concerned and will handle the heat admirably.It is a totally natural product from the flax plant.

It feels and looks like blonde hair.I think most of us have seen it when the plumbers been around to do a job.you need to wrap a small amount around the wood stem end..It needs to squeeze inbetween the steel and the stem end just like the paper fix so only a little. wrap around the wood end.one very fine wrap all along the wood,use a little olive oil to hold it in place and stop it unraveling.hold the stem in your e hand and use a piece of timber as a mallet to beat the stainless bowl onto the stem.the excess if you have any can be trimmed off with a craftknife.

to give you an idea what it is here is the product and also the safety data sheet.it can be bought worldwide in plumbing stores for a few cents.Its been around since day dot.Loctite 55 will also work if you can t source Flax/hemp

I wouldnt recommend ptfe plumbers tape because of offgassing issues and it packs down and doesnt like movement

Flax fibers wiki
hemp for solo stem
safety data sheet fo plumbers hemp

go for your'e life:)

I just ordered some U Bwade, thank you for the posts. I have also been turning a deep groove just in the upper end of the shaft to add for extra weld to give it a better grip. And with the hemp fiber I will add it just before inserting into the SS then add the weld this should do it and not cause anymore issues. I want everyone out there to know that I am working very diligently to resolve this issue and by all means contact me if you have any problems or concerns ASAP at ed@edstnt.com!

Well I received Ed's Stems back in the mail. I really like how much the wood cools down the vapor. Almost like your not even getting a hit. But, once again I'm a little disappointed. Originally I bought the Irish Bog Oak stem and the SS part came off of the wood. I didn't feel for what I paid that I should have to fix this problem so I sent it back into Ed for fixing. Well I just got it back and ran it in the solo for two stems. After the second stem guess what happened? The stem came apart from the bowl piece again. So I got some paper and jammed it the fuck on there and it isn't going anywhere. I'm just disappointed that that was the whole reason I sent it in and it just happens again after one bowl. Although the stems are beautiful I probably will not be ordering another until this issue is resolved.

VapeNStone,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Well I received Ed's Stems back in the mail. I really like how much the wood cools down the vapor. Almost like your not even getting a hit. But, once again I'm a little disappointed. Originally I bought the Irish Bog Oak stem and the SS part came off of the wood. I didn't feel for what I paid that I should have to fix this problem so I sent it back into Ed for fixing. Well I just got it back and ran it in the solo for two stems. After the second stem guess what happened? The stem came apart from the bowl piece again. So I got some paper and jammed it the fuck on there and it isn't going anywhere. I'm just disappointed that that was the whole reason I sent it in and it just happens again after one bowl. Although the stems are beautiful I probably will not be ordering another until this issue is resolved.

Not at all what I wanted to hear you can bet! Hope you saw the post above, just purchased a wad of hemp flax fibers, I will wrap those around the wood on the shaft and then press it in a little, now am turning a deep groove into the upper end of the shaft so I can really add more weld to increase the grip. This issue was not my intention at all! I am glad you got it working with the paper and you are a 100% right, for the price and purpose, this should have never happened. I stand behind all my work, I take pride in every piece and think about the user on the end, which way would the wood look best before I turn it, how can I get a better look out of it by working it, how my pictures are as accurate a depiction of what one will look like to the customer and ease of use. Customer service is the utmost of my concern second to manufacturing, if you are not happy, I am not happy and will do everything possible to make it right even if I have to go in the hole for cost. I wanna see these succeed more so than anyone, I don't want to disappoint anyone, all I can assure you of is that I will do whatever it takes to make it right. Pls email me and lets discuss it. I hope the coco solo you have coming will work out better for you.

Pls do know everyone that I am working really hard to remedy this, I hope to say that more than half have had no issues of separation. All these stems are made from solid 5/8" SS tubing turned down to the OD I need, all wood is turned down myself and checked with a caliper to the .001 of an " and extra for a jam in fit, as stated above much care goes into the wood turning process from a fitting 14mm tapered mouthpiece, super sleek sanded wood, then buffed and sealed for a shiny glass-like finish. I am working with two different materials, one man made the other Mother Nature blessed us with, trying to combine the two is tricky but is something I will overcome!

Pls hang in there y'all with issues and again know I will get ya right ASAP!

Vitolo

Vaporist
.... I don't want to disappoint anyone, all I can assure you of is that I will do whatever it takes to make it right. Pls email me and lets discuss it. I hope the coco solo you have coming will work out better for you.

Pls do know everyone that I am working really hard to remedy this......

Pls hang in there y'all with issues and again know I will get ya right ASAP!
I want to remind everyone, that when you all wanted an Ed's Wooden stem to go with your Solos... that Ed stepped right up to the plate and came through.... BAM. no questions asked.
It was all of us that kind of pushed and prodded and rushed this thing that could have spent time on a testing table.
Think about the 9 months of crap stems Arizer put out.. that spun in place, and slipped and burned laps... then look at the relatively short time that we have been vaping Solos through wood!

@Ed-
You came through with beautiful pieces! I would not change my stem for a "solidly attached" one at this point... I have my routine with it down.

@FC Members-
We are a part of history. When Ed says "hang in" and he will "get ya right" He means just that.. and I trust him!

Woh I don't want my post to be taken out of context. I love the wood stems! The taste and how much it cools the vapor is absolutely amazing!! It's just disappointing to have the same problem after having to send it back for exactly that. Either way I'm still happy and that new stem is really really awesome!!

Vitolo

Vaporist
Woh I don't want my post to be taken out of context. I love the wood stems! The taste and how much it cools the vapor is absolutely amazing!! It's just disappointing to have the same problem after having to send it back for exactly that. Either way I'm still happy and that new stem is really really awesome!!
My comment was surely not addressed at you VapeNStone...
You are surely a Supporter here.
My comment was a general reminder to all about the nature of how we arrived at this moment!

VisiblyVaped

It sounds like you have a couple of great vapes in your arsenal, and we all look forward to seeing you "stay vaped"!:)

On an "aside" note:

Was that "spam"?
If GotVape is "finaggling" prices with you on either of the vapes you have... The Volcano, and the Solo, then they chose two makers of vapes that strictly disallow price cutting or underselling in any form.
I do not trust GotVape. They sell some Vapes that the makers have taken off of the market!
They sell one model, that Vapir has removed from the entire market. Gotvape would not stop selling the faulty product, and Vapir has advised me that Gotvape still sells the " Vapir Classic Rechargeable Digital Vaporizer" on their website.

Gotta clear this up. No spam. Its simple really, they have a saw it for less price match feature, and an FC discount code. They work together. I spent days finding the best price they would match and shipping was free.
No spam, no bullshiznit

Volcano bought elsewhere, slightly used but verified with s&b there are 2plus yrs left on warranty. Hits beastly, and can be used with my bong i found out. Just coincidence they both came yesterday...

Oh and stickstones - dude, youre awesome. Your posts played a pivotal role in my decisions

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
Hey Ed, Just a suggestion, but can you cut a coarse thread on the two pieces so they can be screwed together instead of a friction fit? It seems that my experience with just about every slip fit or friction fit item will come apart at some point down the road. Threading might allow the JB Weld to hold better as well.

Papa Woody,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hey Ed, Just a suggestion, but can you cut a coarse thread on the two pieces so they can be screwed together instead of a friction fit? It seems that my experience with just about every slip fit or friction fit item will come apart at some point down the road. Threading might allow the JB Weld to hold better as well.

I am unable to do this with the SS at all, am using 5/8" tubing. I have a deep groove into the upper end of the wood shaft to allow for even more weld, gonna do the hemp flax fibers next and that should help. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hm but what about a crimp in the stainless to grab the wood... Not sure it can be accomplished with the SS but is a thought!

Ed's TnT,

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
I am unable to do this with the SS at all, am using 5/8" tubing. I have a deep groove into the upper end of the wood shaft to allow for even more weld, gonna do the hemp flax fibers next and that should help. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hm but what about a crimp in the stainless to grab the wood... Not sure it can be accomplished with the SS but is a thought!

I was going to say pop a dimple to create a pressure point to grab the wood but wasn't sure how that would look and possibly detract from your clean lines. Maybe roll a crease in the SS tube all the way around to give you a grab point with the wood but maintain a clean appearance with a circular groove around the top of the SS.

Papa Woody,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I was going to say pop a dimple to create a pressure point to grab the wood but wasn't sure how that would look and possibly detract from your clean lines. Maybe roll a crease in the SS tube all the way around to give you a grab point with the wood but maintain a clean appearance with a circular groove around the top of the SS.

That maybe possible, will get with my metals guy and see what is possible, thanks for the suggestion bro!

Ed's TnT,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Just to add to the SS falling from wood...am I the only one who actually likes this?

Its just much more easier to maintain ... although I only done it once, still its cool
I did put a small piece of paper and it did make it strong...the paper must work - if not then you need to u use a thicker paper

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I also like the idea of being able to pop the end off for cleaning if needed. The paper shim I made is still holding strong. I'm sure in the big picture it is probably best if the caps don't come loose, as I have seen a few people not happy with this, as well. I'm happy with my stem as is. Looking forward to getting that bog oak stem in the mail soon... :tup:

jambandphan03,
Top Bottom