Arizer Solo

DrJynx86

I keep the heating element and aluminum case of my first SOLO just in case I need some spare parts.

Also I can hook up the heater to an Arduino and PWM it with 12v + sense temps, and works as a charm.

rowbam

I was actually planning on selling my Solo 2 since it was getting neglected in my rotation, however..

Nostalgia kind of hit me (it was my first vape after all!) and I wanted to revisit it since I've been mostly using my Bowle and Vapman lately and damn. Maybe a .15 bowl hit me pretty solid. The extraction is still on the slower slide, but for cooking dinner and relaxing it was perfect. Better flavor than I remember too.

Maybe I need to get a new WPA for it instead of selling it!:rofl:

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I was actually planning on selling my Solo 2 since it was getting neglected in my rotation, however..

Nostalgia kind of hit me (it was my first vape after all!) and I wanted to revisit it since I've been mostly using my Bowle and Vapman lately and damn. Maybe a .15 bowl hit me pretty solid. The extraction is still on the slower slide, but for cooking dinner and relaxing it was perfect. Better flavor than I remember too.

Maybe I need to get a new WPA for it instead of selling it!:rofl:
Yeah I was the same, always thinking about selling or passing along my Solo2. But it was my first “real” vape after a years old Pax2. Just couldn’t bring myself to get rid of it despite “better and newer”. It’s now firmly back in the rotation, was just running it last night dry through a bubbler. You should definitely get a WPA.

DrJynx86

I find myself using the straight SOLO stem to add extra cooling glass for the ArGo stem, the fit is very tight without any kind of seal, just glass to glass. Works as a charm, I have two straights I keep cool on ice while I do 220 C on the Argo.

DrJynx86,

gangababa

Hello! Is anyone here? I knocked but the door was open so I walked in. Anyone home?
This is beginning to feel like the time I walked in and through the college house unsuccessfully looking for my son, who I later learned, moved out with all his friends.

I wonder why nobody ever tells me anything. I guess I will wander over to Solo 2 to see if anyone is home there.

gangababa,
Reactions: DrJynx86

DrJynx86

I'm still rocking my SOLO after my ArGo crapped the bed.

I need to find some time to start working on connecting and old SOLO heater element I have laying around and make a small desk vape with an oled screen + arduino.

Maybe some time during this year :D most difficult task is finding the parts scattered around one hundred million boxes around my home.

DrJynx86,
Reactions: Adobewan

gangababa

Mine actually has bigger holes in oven than the very first Solo, like a Solo 1b maybe.
Are you referring to the holes in the glass or the four holes in the heater bottom?
From time to time, and recently, I try to poke a small wire into those holes to clear them.
I never understood the complaints about 'straw-sucking' until I tried a TM.

Certainly there exists variations among glass stems sold for Solos. I have Arizer glass and direct from China stems. One Chinese stem will not fit the ovens of either of my Solos nor my Tera.
I do like a leisurely session and a Solo is so simple and long lasting, battery life, sessions, enjoyment.

DrJynx86

The biggest reason I keep it plugged in: it starts right away when you press the temperature up button :D

Resumed tracking consumption this week, sitting at the 28th bowl haha, how much does the regular stem bowls hold? 0.15 or 0.20?

I know I should fill many bowls, weight and then divide, but my scale is so rough I would need to fill hundreds of bowls to have a good sample.

DrJynx86,

gangababa

Resumed tracking consumption this week, sitting at the 28th bowl haha, how much does the regular stem bowls hold? 0.15 or 0.20?

I know I should fill many bowls, weight and then divide, but my scale is so rough I would need to fill hundreds of bowls to have a good sample.
Having done bowls and weighing and time, I worked out (for my stems) the math that said .16g per fill.

DrJynx86

I neither measure nor weigh the herb.
It makes me happy.
For sure, I never measure, just had a very good harvest, great actually, and truly wanted to know how long is going to last, so I don't sleep on the next harvest and have to take an unwanted break :D

Currently at 2.16g per day, that's a lot haha

DrJynx86

I have always vaped at level 7 on my SOLOs, starting an experiment vaping at lower temperatures, will do a small batch and test for AVB potency at level 5.

Any other preference?

DrJynx86,

DrJynx86

Starting on 5 gives longer usage on the same bowl plus is not that hot that makes you cough, a lot tastier.

I'm slowly going down on a path to microdosing, extracted 18x 30 seconds pulls on a tightly packed stem at 7 level so I'm figuring let's pack 1/4 and call it a day with 1/4 of those pulls each session, coupled with the lower level, makes an overall better experience and smart usage.

DrJynx86,

Chester001

Currently using the Solo; Solo2 and Argo ... I've found that if I only empty 1/2 a bowl and then refill on top of ABV I get a very satisfying high from the bowl / stem. I want to find something to put in the bowl first to take up some space , then fill w/ weed. Not a question of supply since I've been growing successfully for years but I don't like to be wasteful. I tried SS ball bearings 3 x 5mm helps but there has to be something better ... Any ideas ???????

DrJynx86

Currently using the Solo; Solo2 and Argo ... I've found that if I only empty 1/2 a bowl and then refill on top of ABV I get a very satisfying high from the bowl / stem. I want to find something to put in the bowl first to take up some space , then fill w/ weed. Not a question of supply since I've been growing successfully for years but I don't like to be wasteful. I tried SS ball bearings 3 x 5mm helps but there has to be something better ... Any ideas ???????
I cut paper strips and roll them like tiny paper springs. Just cut a strip of the desired width, I try to cut them half the width of the stem. I'm collecting them springs on a jar, I change them when they turn very black/resinous, that's usually every 20 (half) stems.

Edit: imagine a very fat but short roach, one that will fit on half stem and won't fall down because of the springiness. I promise some pictures later haha.

DrJynx86

OG battery on my SOLO is dying :(

I have dozens of good 18650 cells, I should try to do a DIY battery pack before buying a new one...

DrJynx86,

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
Having revisited my solo 2 that has been hiding away almost permanantly since 2 weeks after i got it, I discovered it was still not quite up to the task although very tasty. Just cant generate enough heat for a decent draw, and if i sip it it needs to live on my lips and never quite satisfies. Or turns shit black. Burnt popcorn. I do not like it.
So I worked out a viable mod that improves the performance a bit.
I dont know if i can clain to have turned it into a baller vape, im only using half a ball. But a big one.

I have been using a 10 mm ruby cabochon stone( half sphere) ,
drop it flat side down in the solo 1/2 oven.
Alow to heat up, so the ruby gets nice and hot.
Gently push your loaded tube ontop of the ruby cabochon. i dont push it right down. but most of the way, sometimes a little higher up in the solo.
OR
Load your glass tube about 2/3 full, and push the ruby into the end(works well to preload a couple of tubes with cabochons if you are out and about.
You can heatsoak your load a bit if you like , then go to town.
I find it gives a more even burn, although the chamber fits less in but it seems to work better that way.
And it doesnt seem to cause that burnt popcorn taste so much....I like to run it at 220c. Any less doesnt give me the cannabinoids I want.
When you remove the tube be carefull of the hot ruby, i keep a silicone dab pot with it to tip the hot rubies into.
cant take a pic of the solo right now as i lent it to a freind to help them quit Combustion, going to get it back soon and give them my arizer eq or ceroma to try.
but heres a pic of the cabochons.
Holds enough heat to help it get less overwhelmed by a slightly faster/harder draw speed.
It still wont compare to a baller head injector, but it tastes good and is a worthwhile upgrade for flower on the go.
Forgive me if im teaching grandmothers to suck eggs.

Last edited:
Curious Gorilla,
Reactions: DrJynx86

DrJynx86

Replacement Battery packs are available.
Running one in my old Solo even now.
Yeah I know but in my country they would be very difficult to get, or only cheap knock offs, I would do a DIY pack with two good capacity leftover batteries from the broken ArGo and probably start saving for a SOLO 2.

DrJynx86,
Reactions: hillbill

gangababa

Top Bottom