Arizer Solo

GO!!bot

rufrothy said:
elmomuzz said:
I've had a bad case of vaporitis lately and bought a solo off of eBay. It's a m-104. I am really impressed with the performance. It's almost a dream come true. I say almost because mine has the sour taste and smell. :(

Has anyone actually discovered what the smell is? I've read 100 pages of the thread and still couldn't come up with a definitive answer.

Mine has it bad. You can actually taste it on your breath after use. It's very disappointing because it otherwise works so good. :(

email arizer and they will make it right.

There is no definitive answer. Lots of theories. and IMO at least 2 different smells. one more like burnt electronics and one more like wet paint.

I take it your burned it in for good battery cycle and swabbed the bowl out with some iso?

mine smelled a lot just a few days ago and now I don't notice a thing. I swabbed it and burned it at 7 pretty much nonstop. I also noticed the first day that I could taste that weird taste on my breath long after vaping!! I was thinking of returning it but its cool now

its a M105

GO!!bot,

Vapor S. Thompson

I am Vapor
For those that asked if I bought the AC pass through cord. I did not. I figured instead of spending $50 on a cord, I would just spend $200 on a second Solo, so I always have one in play if the other one is charging. That's just how I roll.

Vapor S. Thompson,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Jiltut said:
How come they don't ship to the UK off the manufacturers site? there seem to be a few websites pop up on google selling it for $199.99 that probably ship to the UK but don't trust them unless anyone else has used them with no problems? I don't imagine anyone would sell fake Solos but I don't know.

*Edit -
It is available from UK online shops for 200/$315 but I'm not willing to pay that much.
Jiltut, you're best bet for the UK is probably Vaposhop- with the FC discount it works out around 150, and no extra taxes. You can find cheaper from the USA, but unless you can convince them to mark the value as under $22 (or $50 if marked as a 'gift') you're gonna get 20% VAT and a 14 Parcelforce 'handling fee' extortion racket to pay before the postman will give it to you.

WatTyler,

vape4life

Banned for life
My M107 had the acrid smell/taste for the first little bit as well, but is now 100% gone thankfully. In fact I just went to test it out but inserting an empty stem (that has now had some use) and I came to a pleasant surprise!

Drawing on it empty (to see if I could detect any fowl taste), I exhaled vapour! Hmmm, that was on setting 5 so I cranked it up to 7 with the empty stem in it for about a half minute or so and began a slow draw. Exhaled a nice cloud! Even though I haven't put the stem through much use it continued to provide hit after hit of delicious honey oil!!!

I did the same for my other 2 slightly used stems and they were also a success. This came as a pleasant surprise to me! I have read in the thread that you can use a torch and bong, but this puppy can produce clouds from the resin on its own effortlessly. I can only imagine what the clouds are gonna look and taste like when I build up some serious resin after an oz or so!! This is only after a couple of grams lol Enjoy.

vape4life,

Spezialemic

I just got my replacement M107 today, but they didn't include any glass stems and my bent ones don't fit in the new heating element because of some Teflon ring around the top of it. Has anyone else had this problem? I contacted arizer and I'm expecting they'll probably send some stems my way.

Spezialemic,
Spezialemic said:
I just got my replacement M107 today, but they didn't include any glass stems and my bent ones don't fit in the new heating element because of some Teflon ring around the top of it. Has anyone else had this problem? I contacted arizer and I'm expecting they'll probably send some stems my way.
Put it on 7 and heat the crap out of it. Then don't be shy and just jam the stem in. My m105 was the same but after some heat up and some force I got mine in fine and eventually it loosened it self a bit, now its a perfect fit. I just wish it had the temp settings your m107 has :(

VapeNStone,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
^^^ same here. it was really tight at first but after a few times using it, it will get better. i'm really glad these newer unit seems to be very good. i may end up getting another solo.

ilovebOObs,

Spezialemic

VapeNStone said:
Spezialemic said:
Put it on 7 and heat the crap out of it. Then don't be shy and just jam the stem in. My m105 was the same but after some heat up and some force I got mine in fine and eventually it loosened it self a bit, now its a perfect fit. I just wish it had the temp settings your m107 has :(

Ok I'll do that! I was worried it was going to shatter in my hand, but Kevin from arizer also said that's what I should do. I kinda want those straight stems, though. Haha

Also, what's different about the heat settings? Unfortunately, I can't use this thing for another month or so...new job :'((

Spezialemic,

pecosthecat

My M106 was very tight as well. Now it is nice and snug, but fits in well. I really would not like to have one with a very loose fit.

pecosthecat,

Spezialemic

pecosthecat said:
My M106 was very tight as well. Now it is nice and snug, but fits in well. I really would not like to have one with a very loose fit.

My old M103 was like that. It was so loose that the tube would swing around if you moved it at all or handed it to someone else. I also pulled the stem out with my lips a few times by accident. That was my biggest issue with it. This M107 is a dream machine, I just wish they had sent some straight stems, but I'll just buy some myself when I get paid.

Spezialemic,

PandaPUFF

My solo should be at my house sometime today, it'll be the first time I've even tried a vape and I cant wait! FC helped me a ton comparing different types and I'll be posting about it after it gets some use

pecosthecat said:

P.S. ^^^^^^^^^ that's what she said.... :lol:

PandaPUFF,

GO!!bot

I'm not at all unhappy with the performance of my M105

but why are all these different model numbers running at different high temperatures? I could see how this would suck for some

GO!!bot,

shadyonedeath

Anyone drop their SOLO often? I've probably dropped mine 3-4 times onto hard tile/concrete..a scratch/scrape here or there but should I be worried? How durable is the solo?

Also, I have a M-106...whats the m107 version have updated?

shadyonedeath,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
GO!!bot said:

but why are all these different model numbers running at different high temperatures? I could see how this would suck for some

They build batches and tweaking stuff as they go. The first few batches ran quite hot. I like that. good for vapor bong and concentrates. If you don't want it that hot tone it down some but I could see how some would say its too hot. Arizer started trying to tweak the software for better compromises between battery life, warm up time, and temp.
According to Steve at Arizer, feedback from customers was that the M105's were too cool so with the M106 they went back toward the original temp settings. Who knows if they will continue to tweak it. I can assure you that battery life has improved on the M106 versus my M104 so for me that's a welcome change.

ru_frothi,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Arizer Solo owners,

I thought i should post my pictures in your dedicated thread in case it might inspire some of those who will be curious about such things, provided that attaching synthetic materials won't be an issue... These pictures show the glass stem with no HerbalAire crucible installed over the vaporization cavity (e.g. the bowl - as an HA owner that's how i use mine, which is why my screen is installed as shown). Here we have a crude PVC tubing & mouthpiece addition:

25s1pxv.jpg

(Flexibility added)

There you get a sleeker variation depending on the same junction assembly:

oh66s.jpg

(Cooler ending implemented)

The inside diameter of the glass stem is too wide for standard 3/16" I.D. 5/16" O.D. PVC tubing to fit in and stay put, though a 1/4" long section of that tubing wrapped around one half of an HerbalAire teflon straw will make it possible to mate together anything able to match the straw, or the tubing - including the HA black bag terminator which does nicely as a mouthpiece (you can see it pictured above). By the way, 3/16" I.D. 5/16" O.D. PVC tubing mates adequately with 5/16" I.D. 7/16" O.D. (Zephyr iOn compatible) tubing as well...

Please take note that the HerbalAire teflon straw has been made slightly thinner near the ends, meaning that once cut in halves each straw will have a stiffer end where the cut was done. To avoid inflicting any additional pressure on the glass stem one may chose just not to cut the straw at all.

:peace:

Egzoset,
So after a lil over a month of daily use I gotta say I still love my Solo. Maybe a little too much though. I have dreams about it every other night it seems. One night the cops were trying to get it. Another night I had a dream the finish(paint or powdercoat) whatever it is started bubbling and peeling off the unit. I woke up freaking out hoping that the guys at Arizer would take care of it lol. EVERYBODY I have introduced to the Solo has become a fan.

Only thing that really worries me is the battery life. Seems to be losing life daily. I litterally use my Solo as my only tool for getting blazed. Haven't touched my bowl in over 3 weeks. Hit the neighbords bong the other day fresh packed with some blue dream and it wasn't anywhere near as enjoyable as a fresh packed stem of blue dream in the solo. No comparison! A typical day is waking up putting my Solo on charge, bout 2 laters after it's finished and the vaping begins. I usually vape a stem every couple hours and by the end of the night my battery is in the danger zone(level 1 or 2) and ready for some AC power.

Gonna be starting school next week and think I'm gonna have to look for something a little more portable and stealthy though to use while everyone in class is outside smoking butts. I don't wanna leave my Solo in the car parked in a city parking lot and take the chance of it getting jacked. I would freak out if my Solo disappeared from my life.

E.F.Searles,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
E.F.Searles said:
So after a lil over a month of daily use I gotta say I still love my Solo. Maybe a little too much though. I have dreams about it every other night it seems. One night the cops were trying to get it. Another night I had a dream the finish(paint or powdercoat) whatever it is started bubbling and peeling off the unit. I woke up freaking out hoping that the guys at Arizer would take care of it lol. EVERYBODY I have introduced to the Solo has become a fan.

Only thing that really worries me is the battery life. Seems to be losing life daily. I litterally use my Solo as my only tool for getting blazed. Haven't touched my bowl in over 3 weeks. Hit the neighbords bong the other day fresh packed with some blue dream and it wasn't anywhere near as enjoyable as a fresh packed stem of blue dream in the solo. No comparison! A typical day is waking up putting my Solo on charge, bout 2 laters after it's finished and the vaping begins. I usually vape a stem every couple hours and by the end of the night my battery is in the danger zone(level 1 or 2) and ready for some AC power.

Gonna be starting school next week and think I'm gonna have to look for something a little more portable and stealthy though to use while everyone in class is outside smoking butts. I don't wanna leave my Solo in the car parked in a city parking lot and take the chance of it getting jacked. I would freak out if my Solo disappeared from my life.

I think that Arizer said that about five 12 minute cycles is average/ normal for a charge. I guess you could get the power adapter (Is it out yet?) or just keep throwing it on charge whenever you feel it is getting low. When you first turn it on it shows how much power is left by lighting up the number on the temp lights. If it is at 3 or below- you need a recharge...

Hope that helps...:peace:

Bluntcrush,

Spezialemic

My friends and I used my M107 yesterday and I noticed three things about it: First, once it starts heating up the glass pipe gets almost as loose at it did in my 103. Second, the battery life is just as bad as my 103. (Kevin said all the sites stating 4 hours are misinformed, though - that 7-10 cycles at medium temperature is normal.) Lastly, the AVB is always dark near the bottom, but much lighter at the top. My 103 darkened more uniformly.

The only thing I really mind is that last part there, but I bet if I grind my herb up better it'll do a better job vaping uniformly.

Spezialemic,

GO!!bot

rufrothy said:
GO!!bot said:

They build batches and tweaking stuff as they go. The first few batches ran quite hot. I like that. good for vapor bong and concentrates. If you don't want it that hot tone it down some but I could see how some would say its too hot. Arizer started trying to tweak the software for better compromises between battery life, warm up time, and temp.
According to Steve at Arizer, feedback from customers was that the M105's were too cool so with the M106 they went back toward the original temp settings. Who knows if they will continue to tweak it. I can assure you that battery life has improved on the M106 versus my M104 so for me that's a welcome change.

awesome thanks for the response!! I'm glad they are somewhat listening to feedback on this thing and changing it for the better. Maybe I'll pick up a second one in the future when all the kinks get worked out :ko:

GO!!bot,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
CIMG0433.jpg

Found this at a garage sale yesterday.
I'm wondering if it maybe can be used for both charging (DC12v) and Heating (DC 9v)?
Rather than just try it and risk frying my Solo thought I'd get some opinions first since there seem to be some pretty knowledgable electronics folk on here.

Made by: Dynex
Input: DC 12v
Output: DC 1.5v-12v

Switch steps set at:

Sinclue,
Sinclue said:
http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p540/sinclue666/CIMG0433.jpg

Found this at a garage sale yesterday.
I'm wondering if it maybe can be used for both charging (DC12v) and Heating (DC 9v)?
Rather than just try it and risk frying my Solo thought I'd get some opinions first since there seem to be some pretty knowledgable electronics folk on here.

Made by: Dynex
Input: DC 12v
Output: DC 1.5v-12v

Switch steps set at:

I'm not an expert when it comes to electronics, but I can tell you that I bought the wall unit version of that power cord and it did run at 12v (charging) but it did not run on 9v. If I remember correctly the blue light would turn on for 9v but nothing else and it would never work. Basically in short it will work for charging not for running the unit to my knowledge.

JoeFinny,
Top Bottom