Arizer Solo

tokinginger

thecragus said:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1130/solopipecase.jpg

I like the pipe case listed a couple pages back. The padding is wavy so the stems (with screens & MFLB battery caps) lie flat and don't roll. The end can hold the charger and one pill bottle, or two pill bottles (one for herb, one for ABV). So not quite as fancy but half the cost. And yes, the white "block" goes on top of the stems to keep them safe when closed. It was cut from the original foam that the Solo was packaged in.

Before this case, I was using a soft case but found myself always worrying about the stems breaking....

And yes, with the case packed with everything you see, it does "walk on water" as advertised, just don't let it float away while canoeing...
Where do you get the caps for the stems? I need that!!

tokinginger,

2clicker

Observer
i am also looking into this device harder than ever now.

may wait a tad longer to see what happens with the Persei however. anyone have any closeup pics of the the stem where it connects to the vape? and of the bowl...?

this may and likely has been beaten to death in this thread, but what about stirring? i suppose you either turn it upside down, pull the stem, stir and replace or just dont stir at all?

2clicker,

Vapor S. Thompson

I am Vapor
2clicker said:
this may and likely has been beaten to death in this thread, but what about stirring? i suppose you either turn it upside down, pull the stem, stir and replace or just dont stir at all?

To Stir, you just rotate the stem once or twice.

Vapor S. Thompson,

Vapor S. Thompson

I am Vapor
My VapeCase made for the Arizer Solo:

AkomD7ACEAAnBC_.jpg:large

Vapor S. Thompson,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
2clicker said:

may wait a tad longer to see what happens with the Persei however. anyone have any closeup pics of the the stem where it connects to the vape? and of the bowl...?

It's a good (all purpose) portable vape. The stems are purely glass (some straight, some curved) mine came curved. The end of the stem that plugs into the Solo itself has a little bowl where the herb goes and there are either 2 (or four) small holes punched into the glass depending on which model ships with your solo. I currently have two 2 hole stems and two four hole stems that I ordered later They both work about the same (which is very good)

Sometimes people put tiny screens in the stem as a filter for finer ground particles, but I just tear a little piece of dried flower from the bud and stuff it in there. I never stir and I get a consistently dark brown ABV. As far as potables go I would give this a 7 out of 10. :2c:

:peace:

Bluntcrush,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Hey Bluntcrush - 7 out of 10 isn't that great ...just "passing". Is there any portables you consider better than the Solo?

sessnet,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
sessnet said:
Hey Bluntcrush - 7 out of 10 isn't that great ...just "passing". Is there any portables you consider better than the Solo?

Yeah, that's just my own personal score. I really think that Solo is great for most people's needs. I have tried many portables and I honestly feel this is one of the best. I am not that fond of the glass stems (even though I usually pre-load them and carry them in a padded case for convenience) They get hot! Add that to heat up time and less stealth. (than I need ) :ninja:

I think the average user would be quite happy and upgrade my score a bit. :2c:

As soon as I posted that I thought some might ask for clarification, but overall every vape is subjective to it's users and that's why I averaged it to a 7.

:peace:

Bluntcrush,

vape4life

Banned for life
I would up the score a little, maybe to an 8. Simply because I don't think there is a better portable (apple for apple) on the market at this point. I am curious about the DaVinci and my great concern with vapes are healthy/safe airpath. I LOVE the glass stems for the Solo! I'm all about glass, and honestly since my M107 works awesome my only complaints would be the draw/air flow is pretty milkshakish, but whatever I can deal with it. The other is the air path isn't isolated from the electronics/battery, at least not 100%. But since I have no smell or taste issues it doesn't bother me really. This portable will do me well until something "better" comes along.

I really don't see how you can go wrong with an M107, at least in my experience.

In regard to the A/C ADAPTER BATTERY BYPASS:

Does anyone use one? If so, i'm finding that sometimes I plug it into the Solo it will send it into IDLE, and sometimes it sends it to heat setting 1. Is this normal? Also after the timer, (i think 12min. but never measured) it doesn't shut off but instead goes back down to 1. Sometimes when I just pulled out the adapter it will shut right off, and other times it will stays exactly at its heat setting while the battery takes over.

Just wanna make sure mine isn't defective.

vape4life,

2clicker

Observer
Vapor S. Thompson said:
2clicker said:

so rotating it will actually stir the herb up, or just turns the bowl intact?

Bluntcrush said:
I never stir and I get a consistently dark brown ABV.

ill just have to take your word for it. i stir after every hit with my hakkos and DBV. just second nature now. gonna be hard not to want to do that with a solo.

2clicker,

Jiltut

How come they don't ship to the UK off the manufacturers site? there seem to be a few websites pop up on google selling it for $199.99 that probably ship to the UK but don't trust them unless anyone else has used them with no problems? I don't imagine anyone would sell fake Solos but I don't know.

*Edit -
It is available from UK online shops for 200/$315 but I'm not willing to pay that much.

Jiltut,

Kaptan

2clicker said:
Vapor S. Thompson said:
2clicker said:

Bluntcrush said:

ill just have to take your word for it. i stir after every hit with my hakkos and DBV. just second nature now. gonna be hard not to want to do that with a solo.
Rotating the stem will not stir the herb up at all. I'm not even sure what he means by that.
The Solo does do a very good job at evenly extracting so stirring is not necessary.

Kaptan,

Vapor S. Thompson

I am Vapor
Jiltut said:
How come they don't ship to the UK off the manufacturers site? there seem to be a few websites pop up on google selling it for $199.99 that probably ship to the UK but don't trust them unless anyone else has used them with no problems? I don't imagine anyone would sell fake Solos but I don't know.

*Edit -
It is available from UK online shops for 200/$315 but I'm not willing to pay that much.

You can get one for $220 US with shipping to the UK included here:
http://arizersolovaporizer.org/shipping-rates

I thought the above site looked like a scam site or knockoffs, but it is legit. I purchased the M-104 from my review video from that site. Shipping was really fast to me in Canada, and free. I think they only have stock on the older M-104 units with the ceramic bowl.

Vapor S. Thompson,

Jiltut

Vapor S. Thompson said:
Jiltut said:

*Edit -

I thought the above site looked like a scam site or knockoffs, but it is legit. I purchased the M-104 from my review video from that site. Shipping was really fast to me in Canada, and free. I think they only have stock on the older M-104 units with the ceramic bowl.

Yeah that's one of the sites that I checked out, it looked really scammy to me especially with the comments that didn't seem authentic because they all seemed so positive. Why did you decide to buy off there instead when it's about the same from the manufactures page? do you prefer the ceramic bowl?

Thanks anyway will check out your vid :)

Edit: Sorry it seems your vid is gonna state the differences etc just ignore my questions.

Jiltut,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
2clicker said:

I dont need to stir. Everything comes out super well toasted without stiring. I do use a small domed screen.

ru_frothi,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
vape4life said:
In regard to the A/C ADAPTER BATTERY BYPASS:

Does anyone use one? If so, i'm finding that sometimes I plug it into the Solo it will send it into IDLE, and sometimes it sends it to heat setting 1. Is this normal? Also after the timer, (i think 12min. but never measured) it doesn't shut off but instead goes back down to 1. Sometimes when I just pulled out the adapter it will shut right off, and other times it will stays exactly at its heat setting while the battery takes over.

Just wanna make sure mine isn't defective.

Mine does pretty much the same thing. I figured that when it showed 1 that was just heat left in the unit from a previous use. Pulling out the adapter shuts everything off and then plugging it in starts the cycle up (unless its still warm and then sometimes 1 is lit up). As for the 12 minute timer it sometimes seems to me to shut off sooner, but then I haven't actually timed it. Never had "the battery take over" after I unplug it unless I do the regular two button start.

Sinclue,
2clicker said:
Vapor S. Thompson said:
2clicker said:

Bluntcrush said:

I don't stir with mine. I just hit and hit until its done. I also have the DBV and stir after every hit. but that just doesn't work with this because when pulling it out its still hot and you will lose vapor. I dome my screen in both my DBV and solo.

VapeNStone,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Vapor S. Thompson said:

That is a Mike Berry site. He has registered numerous domains using brand names as he's done here. One of the tipoffs is that this is a .org site. No one should be using a .org domain for commercial purposes. Registering a .org (or any other TLD) with a brand name when you are not associated with the owner of the brand is sleazy, deceptive, and not a sign of someone to trust. While you might have had a good experience, others have not. Read this post from vtac and the following comments. This guy tried to claim he was a Cloud dealer (which is impossible) and then when he was exposed, he resorted to attacking and threatening vtac and FC in general.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS ASSHOLE!

pakalolo,

Jiltut

pakalolo said:
Vapor S. Thompson said:

That is a Mike Berry site. He has registered numerous domains using brand names as he's done here. One of the tipoffs is that this is a .org site. No one should be using a .org domain for commercial purposes. Registering a .org (or any other TLD) with a brand name when you are not associated with the owner of the brand is sleazy, deceptive, and not a sign of someone to trust. While you might have had a good experience, others have not. Read this post from vtac and the following comments. This guy tried to claim he was a Cloud dealer (which is impossible) and then when he was exposed, he resorted to attacking and threatening vtac and FC in general.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS ASSHOLE!

Thanks for this Pakalolo, I was planning to email them about the version before buying but I will stay well clear of this site now. I thought I saw a link to a Cloud selling site at the bottom of one of his pages, although I don't know much about the cloud it struck me as a bit odd seeing as it's not available yet, he also seemed to have a separate site for almost every other popular vaporizer.

Jiltut,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Yeah - his shady sites are in a thread on here. But I just read about it a few days ago, more than a month AFTER I joined this site, and had bought a few vapes.

Maybe there should be a warning at the bottom of the page, by "TRUSTED FRIENDS AND SPONSORS". Something like "WARNING! VAPORIZER SCAM!" etc

sessnet,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I've had a bad case of vaporitis lately and bought a solo off of eBay. It's a m-104. I am really impressed with the performance. It's almost a dream come true. I say almost because mine has the sour taste and smell. :(

Has anyone actually discovered what the smell is? I've read 100 pages of the thread and still couldn't come up with a definitive answer.

Mine has it bad. You can actually taste it on your breath after use. It's very disappointing because it otherwise works so good. :(

elmomuzz,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I had the same issue with my first Solo. Send it back to Arizer for a replacement. You will more than likely get a new M106 or M107. Both seem to have no issue with the bad taste and smell (IMO).

Gonzo,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
elmomuzz said:
I've had a bad case of vaporitis lately and bought a solo off of eBay. It's a m-104. I am really impressed with the performance. It's almost a dream come true. I say almost because mine has the sour taste and smell. :(

Has anyone actually discovered what the smell is? I've read 100 pages of the thread and still couldn't come up with a definitive answer.

Mine has it bad. You can actually taste it on your breath after use. It's very disappointing because it otherwise works so good. :(

email arizer and they will make it right.

There is no definitive answer. Lots of theories. and IMO at least 2 different smells. one more like burnt electronics and one more like wet paint.

I take it your burned it in for good battery cycle and swabbed the bowl out with some iso?

ru_frothi,

pecosthecat

It will be interesting to see if anyone gets a stinky M106 or M107. I am very pleased that my M106 is fine. Not a whiff of robo-fart so far (only 5 days in).

pecosthecat,

Vapor S. Thompson

I am Vapor
I did get some smell from my M-104 the very first day only. I heated it up (empty) to 7 until the shut off kicked in. Then I waited a few minutes and did it again. I kept doing this until the battery died. Now I don't get that smell anymore. It was almost like a warm (PCB)circuit board smell.

Anyways, I would recommend heating up any new vaporizer a few times to burn off any factory smells.

Now, if I do ever get an off taste or smell, that just means it's time for a cool down and then a fresh bowl.

Vapor S. Thompson,
Top Bottom