Arizer Solo

propjoe

OhTheAgony said:
propjoe said:
after almost every hit i take from the solo i cough. alot. does anyone have any tips to get less harsh or cooler rips on the solo? i guess i can try and take smaller hits but sometimes it is tough to tell how big the hit is i am taking. thanks.

Have you tried vaping through water? A small bong or bubbler can make a lot of difference, it's pretty much the only way I vape.

can you point me to a link that sells arizer solo accessories? how do i make this happen? i don't see many places that sell accessories for the solo. i see stuff for the extreme but not really the solo.

propjoe,

BossBrew

Metalhead
propjoe said:
can you point me to a link that sells arizer solo accessories? how do i make this happen? i don't see many places that sell accessories for the solo. i see stuff for the extreme but not really the solo.
The stem of the Solo fits snugly in a 14mm joint. I have been using my LW 15 arm bubbler with my Solo that works perfectly with a 18-14MM reducer.

If your looking to purchase some glass online check out Aqua Labs! Ordered numerous pieces from ALT and they arrive quickly with no issues.

GreatVape.com and PuffItUp both carry Solo accessories!

BossBrew,

Calvin

propjoe said:
OhTheAgony said:
propjoe said:
after almost every hit i take from the solo i cough. alot. does anyone have any tips to get less harsh or cooler rips on the solo? i guess i can try and take smaller hits but sometimes it is tough to tell how big the hit is i am taking. thanks.

Have you tried vaping through water? A small bong or bubbler can make a lot of difference, it's pretty much the only way I vape.

I would suggest just going to a local head shop, they usually have a good selection of small cheap pieces. I would suggest something nice and small, and if you want to spend a little more get a diffused down stem, it makes a huge difference. You can then get a small rubber stopper and put it on the end of your solo tube. This then fits perfectly into the end of the down stem. Ill try and post some pictures of my setup later to clarify what im talking about.

Calvin,

propjoe

ok, great info guys. thank you very much. i'll follow up on those sites.
i'd love to see those pictures, Calvin.

propjoe,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
propjoe said:

I would suggest a softer draw on a lower setting. You did not say if you experience the cough with other vaporizers or not. I have a friend with the same issue but he has a low lung capacity from years of combustibles and his lifestyle is pretty sedentary now. But if you are healthy just turn it down and see what you get. Some users try to hit it hard to produce large clouds. There are some vaporists that argue that large clouds might be wasteful. In other words repeated short hits will get you medicated just like a couple of big ones. Also keep a beverage around to sip on and that will keep your throat moist too. Just keep experimenting.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Adobewan

Seconded Ape, try lowering your temp and drawing softer Prop. I stated earlier in the thread on 5 or 6 I get two rockin' draws and that blacken the meds. I'm currently using setting 3 and getting a proper session and brown/blond ABV. Leads me to think the temps on the units vary enough that we all just have to find our own proper setting.

Adobewan,

propjoe

ok. thanks for the tips. i usually just start and finish on setting #5. sometimes i'll move up to a 6.

this is the only one of my vaporizers that i cough this way. i have the underdog, the solo and magic flight.
i'm going to sell the MFLB i think. but the underdog is amazing. no coughs there. just a little one sometimes.

propjoe,

Phineas T. Freakears

Hi Propjoe,

Like you, I cough a lot... More with the Solo than my others vapes... I usually began at 2 and finish at 3 or 4.
Recently, I bought a little Glass Bong, and it really change my vape life with the Solo !!
The vapor is less hot, more smooth, and no cough, or just a little, and now I can began at 3 or 4 and finish at 5 or 6.
The 250ml EHLE with the diffused down stem is amazing with the Solo.
The only drawback is that I started to like it so much, and I'm starting to watch some beautiful bubblers (Mobius, Ben Wilson, ...), who are more expensive than a great vapes :D

Phineas T. Freakears,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I use the same as he does ^^

His warning is also valid btw :(

There are no water-accessories for the Solo provided by Arizer, but like mentioned above you can use pretty much any bong or bubbler with a 14,4mm GonG connection. The newer 4 hole stems are slightly thinner then the old two hole stems & will slide through a 14,4mm connection without a little added tubing or something else to make the end of the stem a little thicker. They still work with my Ehle diffused downstem without anything added, but that might not be the case with all downstems.

OhTheAgony,

steiner666

Serial vapist
propjoe said:

yeah that will works nice, especially with a 10cm diffused downstem. you might want to check out everyonedoesit (dont remember the exact url atm) though, they sell EHLEs too and i think they might cost slightly less... all i know is i've ordered from EDIT and got the tube a week and a half later, ive tried ordering from GC twice and never got either items, they ended up being out of stock even tho it said in-stock on the website still when i ordered and they didnt give me any notification, so i cancelled when i found out. so, ime, EDIT is the better of the two.

and while the 100ml works fine im sure, i think i remember a couple saying they prefer the 250ml, i know i like my 250, just the right size i think.

steiner666,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, someone compared the 100 and the 250 here in this thread a few pages back I think, let me have a look.

Yep, look at the bottom of page 137 in this thread.
And here is the EDIT link: click me

OhTheAgony,

propjoe

sweet. after i turned off my computer last night. i forgot about my glass bong that i had in my closet. i took it out and it works perfectly w/ the solo. i was getting huge clouds and they were all feeling clean and smooth. very little cough.

propjoe,

pain101

/\ what he said!!!!

pain101 said:
@centizen
i must thank you for breaking your potpourri bowl first
i took your words about it busting on you to heart, and all i did was use the diamond tipped bit to score a notch into it, then took the smallest drillbit i could find, and used a hammer to gently smash it through the scored area.

PERFECT!!
i now have the useless potpourri bowl modified to use as a stem for vaping.
ive not used it yet cuz i got no bud, but im pretty sure the draw on it will be tight

http://i39.tinypic.com/v5zots.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2w6s5k3.jpg

well, finally got my meds, nice solid chunks of purple plant, tried out my repurposed potpopurri bowl and it works perfect!!! almost no heat gets up to the tube now. nice!! its really tight, i am going to try grinding it out a little more, but overall, damn perfect

pain101,

steven22

What type of grind are you using with the solo for the best results?...

Im still having mixed feelings, and I want to know what is the optimal way to use this.

Do you guys fill the stem all the way to the brim for each bowl?... or half way, or anything else?

is a regular 4pc grinder consistency the best way?... or is an MFLB grind going to be optimal?

Im not sure what my issues are exactly, mostly I feel that the herbs just dont last long enough.

how many heavy users will one bowl medicate?.... I am finding myself fine with one bowl, but as soon as I add another person to the session, I see myself repacking atleast another 2 times.

I really feel that it is sitting and wasting vapor every second its not being used. (time it spends unused while being passed around, held in hand because of conversation etc , times per person)

I think a bowl which doesnt allow herb to touch the heater would be ideal. because of the fact that herb falls from the stem and hits the heater , It turns into a conduction vape, which is conducting the herb even when not being drawn on.

I vape on a ceramic version anywhere from 3-5 setting.

any thoughts? advice?

thanks

steven

steven22,

steiner666

Serial vapist
a 4pc grind should be adequate, i use a 2pc but thats just my preference. i usually fill the bowl about 2/3-3/4 full. So much of your "how much should it take" questions have to do with herb quality. With the top quality herb one load is enough to get 2 ppl medicated i think, but with mids it would take a full load per person i think. of course tolerance plays a part in it too, but i think herb quality is the biggest factor.

and maybe its cause im always holding the solo inverted, but i dont really feel that much is being wasted between hits. yeah a tiny bit of a wisp might escape, but oh well. and personally ive been vaping through my tube starting at 4/5 and finishing with a few at 7, but this is on a steel

steiner666,

Foster

I have decided to purchase one of these for myself as a christmas present :)

I have a few concerns though: As previously stated in this thread, the price range for these is pretty wide ($170-$300), and I was wondering if the cheaper ones are older models?

Also, I saw the picture of the one FC member with the M106 model, does anyone know when that will be commercially available? I am torn between waiting for a 106 (which could be better, but newer, less tested models have a higher chance of defects/newer problems) or buying the tried and tested 105.

Any thoughts?

leaning torwards this: 2011 Black Arizer Solo Portable Vaporizer and VapeCase Custom Black Hard Case with Red Foam

http://www.amazon.com/Arizer-Portable-Vaporizer-VapeCase-Custom/dp/B0063K6Z7S/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_3

Foster,

vapeon

Foster said:

I have a few concerns though: As previously stated in this thread, the price range for these is pretty wide ($170-$300), and I was wondering if the cheaper ones are older models?

Also, I saw the picture of the one FC member with the M106 model, does anyone know when that will be commercially available? I am torn between waiting for a 106 (which could be better, but newer, less tested models have a higher chance of defects/newer problems) or buying the tried and tested 105.

Any thoughts?

leaning torwards this: 2011 Black Arizer Solo Portable Vaporizer and VapeCase Custom Black Hard Case with Red Foam

http://www.amazon.com/Arizer-Portable-Vaporizer-VapeCase-Custom/dp/B0063K6Z7S/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_3
You can get the same one on ebay from same seller for $20 less.

vapeon,
vapeon said:
Foster said:

Any thoughts?

That's funny lol. But business is business

VapeNStone,

Foster

vapeon said:
Foster said:

Any thoughts?

You just bought me a dub, thanks bro haha

Foster,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
pain101 said:
/\ what he said!!!!

pain101 said:
@centizen
i must thank you for breaking your potpourri bowl first
i took your words about it busting on you to heart, and all i did was use the diamond tipped bit to score a notch into it, then took the smallest drillbit i could find, and used a hammer to gently smash it through the scored area.

PERFECT!!
i now have the useless potpourri bowl modified to use as a stem for vaping.
ive not used it yet cuz i got no bud, but im pretty sure the draw on it will be tight

http://i39.tinypic.com/v5zots.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2w6s5k3.jpg

well, finally got my meds, nice solid chunks of purple plant, tried out my repurposed potpopurri bowl and it works perfect!!! almost no heat gets up to the tube now. nice!! its really tight, i am going to try grinding it out a little more, but overall, damn perfect

Not a bad idea at all, I have a friend who has just gotten a new solo himself, I might talk him into sliding me that 'useless' bowl so I could make one.

CentiZen,

PuffItUp

Retailer
Egzoset said:
Egzoset said:
Any feedback on the late M106 series?
vape4life said:
M106?? Did I miss something??

Well, i've been made aware of somebody who received an M106 this morning. All i can state is that i've seen the bottom of that M106 clearly labelled:

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/4482/dscf1010t.jpg

...but seeing is believing, of course!

:peace:

Just talked to Arizer about the M106, the number refers to the production run, not the version so 105 and 106 are the same.

PuffItUp,
PuffItUp said:
Egzoset said:
Egzoset said:
Any feedback on the late M106 series?
vape4life said:
M106?? Did I miss something??

Well, i've been made aware of somebody who received an M106 this morning. All i can state is that i've seen the bottom of that M106 clearly labelled:

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/4482/dscf1010t.jpg

...but seeing is believing, of course!

:peace:

Just talked to Arizer about the M106, the number refers to the production run, not the version so 105 and 106 are the same.
BOOM!

VapeNStone,
Top Bottom