Arizer Solo

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@disruptxd Im just curious if it's going to work? Check to see if the vapor taste OK. If it does, I say go for it. I use my Solo more than my Air. I'm hoping your Solo pulls through. I'm hoping it's the real deal.

I wonder how many have fakes and don't know it. Go with a vendor on this site. That will insure a good transaction without any surprises.

Last edited:

disruptxd

@disruptxd Im just curious if it's going to work? Check to see if the vapor taste OK. If it does, I say go for it. I use my Solo more than my Air. I'm hoping your Solo pulls through. I'm hoping it's the real deal.

I wonder how many have fakes and don't know it. Go with a vendor on this sight. That will insure a good transaction without any surprises.

Turns on fine. Smells like a heater/hair dryer

lookhigh

FC member
So what have we learned so far.... Do not pour any liquid into electronics....:worms:
The flaking is fire proof cement of some type i believe again harmless.
Like i said before if it works it is fine, now leave the poor Solo alone it been through enough.
You can always use it as a backup if you are still not happy with it.:myday:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
In '67 these were the red/pink ones, maybe a composite of clay and urethane? They looked like clay but wore really well, the boards were just plywood and we had to sand the edges because they weren't really finished. I sent away for a couple of them, traded one for an old farm (cruiser) bike when you couldn't buy tubes for them. In the interests of staying on-topic I'd like to mention that about another 1 1/2 hrs of charging should ready the new Solo.
Your AVTAR reminds me of Hugh Laurie of HOUSE!
I think that was a turning point for me?

I found a PHVES stem this morning!
Joy & Happiness abound!

HAWAIIAN SWEET SKUNK SESSION before I go to see STAR TRACK (New Release)
In the 60's I remember running home from school to watch STAR TRACK.

SOLO before viewing!

disruptxd

So what have we learned so far.... Do not pour any liquid into electronics....:worms:
The flaking is fire proof cement of some type i believe again harmless.
Like i said before if it works it is fine, now leave the poor Solo alone it been through enough.
You can always use it as a backup if you are still not happy with it.:myday:

LOL ok. what tells you that it smells "odd"? just smells like a hairdryer or an oven now.. i'm upset i have no way of knowing that it smells "toxic" :/

disruptxd,

Buzzbomb Almighty

LOL ok. what tells you that it smells "odd"? just smells like a hairdryer or an oven now.. i'm upset i have no way of knowing that it smells "toxic" :/
From the look of it the iso just loosened up all the crud in there, and that's probably what he smells. The trick of putting it in rice for a few days that was recommended over and over is the best thing, that's what they say to do when you soak your cell phone. Just use it and if it craps out get another one and don't do that again.

ashtonford

I wonder how many have fakes and don't know it. Go with a vendor on this site. That will insure a good transaction without any surprises.

Are these worth buying? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/222072511035?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

ashtonford,

happyvapeman

What is piu and do they have free shipping? IAm in Canada and they rape you with shipping and custom charges, etc.

I`m in Canada and one of the group`s sponsors is in Canada: PlanetVape.ca...They are great to deal with and I save huge amounts on dollar exchange ect.

happyvapeman,

CarolKing

We haven't found that anybody's been successful on this thread buying the glass mouthpieces for the Solo from EBay China glass. So far they've been inferior. Hopefully eventually we can find some cheap high quality mouthpieces for the Solo.

I buy most of my mouthpieces for the Solo from @PlanetVape. I've always had stellar service from @PlanetVape and @PuffItUp

I like trying out different mouthpieces with the Solo and the Air. I really like the Vortex stem pairs with the Solo. Also a j hook is a nice set up with the Solo. You would need a GonG.

Last edited:

disruptxd

anyone use an arizer air stem with the solo? I'm not really liking it. dont have a screen. you need to pull REALLY slowly without screen

disruptxd,

CarolKing

I personally interchange my Solo and Air stems and GonGs.

Edit
I prefer a vaporizer that has a slight resistance. I don't like too airy of a draw myself.

Last edited:
CarolKing,

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Bought pack of 10 gong from dhgate.

Had to ask for a refund as the chamber part was too wide and deformed and due to this not fitting

4,5usd for 1 gong is very interesting but way less interesting if 7-8 are useless.
I can still sand them to make them thinner and fit but it isn't really comfortable (to sand glass)

Hope they refine their process and get us cheap reliable alternative for this consommable

sickmanfraud

What is piu and do they have free shipping? IAm in Canada and they rape you with shipping and custom charges, etc.

With the exchange rate you may get a better deal from Planetvape.cam (a sponsor of FC)

Also, The stem shown by @ashtonford looks exactly (4 holes in a thicker disk) like the stems I got from PIU.

Anybody buy one of the $10 GONGS from PIU? curious about their quality?

sickmanfraud,

Jethro

I wish there were more suppliers of Solo accessories in general. Planet Vape has some awesome selections listed but they are more often than not out of stock of the things I want.

Jethro,
Reactions: Nugg

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
I turned on the vape and heard some popping noises, heated to 3.

I was not really thinking when I was doing this.

With the responses so far it seems the safest choice is to replace my vape..

If anyone that has experience is interested in buying it to refurbish it contact me, I have kept this in pretty good condition.

I couple of years back I was in the habit of overfilling my Pinnacle Water Tool which caused the water to siphon into my Solo. Can't remember how long I waited before turning it on, but I remember the popping sound. I assumed that was the sound of water boiling inside the unit. Happily the Solo kept working, but I would recommend drying it out with the rice trick also.

The best deal on ebay for stems is here:http://www.ebay.com/itm/331855533303?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
They all fit my Solo and are good quality. In my case, the vendor is located only 30 miles away in Bellingham, WA.

Last edited:
Top Bottom