Arizer Solo

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
Why can't the AquaVape cooler be made to adapt to the never used Solo Aroma bowl. It seems to be a perfect mate. Of course the aroma bowl would need to be drilled but it would support a silicone collar that would seal the AV to the Solo Aroma bowl. Also since it is straight up, there would not be the strain that would be present if adapted to the bent stem. Pull your aroma bowl out and look at it. Perfect adapter piece right before your nose. Double size bowl for herb too.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Kaptan

I just tried my aquavape mated to my SS solo with a short piece of silicone tubing. I wasn't impressed. I got half decent tasty clouds, but it was just awkward holding it tbh. I was also a little worried about a slight bit of water drops coming out of the AV and hitting my solo. There is also no way to "clear" the AV unless you pull it out of the silicone after every hit.

I don't have a 14mm joint on my glass piece so I just use a short piece of silicone tubing connected to an arizer glass elbow and that goes in my 18.8mm joint on my bubbler. This is much easier and you can increase the airflow to your preference by slightly lifting the elbow. Also, modulating the elbow perfectly during a hit creates huge clouds. I ordered an 18.8 to 14mm adapter from MFLB so I can see which works better.

Kaptan,

zombonaut

Really you can't beat a glass bong with this new SS Solo. I just have a cheap no name one footer. The increased airflow makes the vaporbong more meaningful.

I finally tried it with a rubber band around the stem, creating a seal and a better vapor to air ratio. Can someone point me to what size silicone tubing band would be good for the new straight stem to 14.4?

zombonaut,

CaptainQ

My Solo finally arived at long last, I cannot tell you all how excited I am. Currently burning off, but will give it a few hits soon. Did anyone ever find a charging tip that fits the Solo?

Edit: I am in love

CaptainQ,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Kaptan said:
I just tried my aquavape mated to my SS solo with a short piece of silicone tubing. I wasn't impressed. I got half decent tasty clouds, but it was just awkward holding it tbh. I was also a little worried about a slight bit of water drops coming out of the AV and hitting my solo. There is also no way to "clear" the AV unless you pull it out of the silicone after every hit.

I don't have a 14mm joint on my glass piece so I just use a short piece of silicone tubing connected to an arizer glass elbow and that goes in my 18.8mm joint on my bubbler. This is much easier and you can increase the airflow to your preference by slightly lifting the elbow. Also, modulating the elbow perfectly during a hit creates huge clouds. I ordered an 18.8 to 14mm adapter from MFLB so I can see which works better.

So I tried my AV with the Solo... As expected, the airflow restriction, added to the AV drag is not great. I got very decent hits though, but as Kaptan stated you cannot clear the AV and the ergonomics with the bended stems are not the best (maybe the straight ones improve that!)

@Darkrom: though the AV is a super piece for many vapes... I'm not sure it's the best for the Solo. In fact, IMO, the solo isn't the best toy for water filtration in general, cause of his airflow... And even used on my bubbler or on a bong...I am not satisfieds with the sloooooooow fill up and the restriction feeling!
BTW I have an Underdog on the way and will let you know how the AV works with it (though discussing with Dave from UnderDog, it seems he will be doing the same test any day soon! ;) )

FLskwat,

Willeh

Well this is a drag, my warrantied unit has started to chip too. Looks like I may have to send one in to get a SS unit or something. I'm considering just scraping off the coatings.

Willeh,

dorkus_molorkus

@da ape & FLskwat, cheers for the detailed description & method.

Da ape that is the funniest shit eva, but my missus lost her bits & pieces when i took your advice, and we had some diffuculties with the extraction & subsequent re-insertion post infusion. (considering she is not pregnant, therefore not lactacting, she was a reasonably good sport, I guess)

But anyway, we (she) have decided not to go ahead with the milk drink thingy, due to unforseen difficulties with the staff. (wife)

However, I may in the future try the method suggested and make some cocoa in the future without my wifes particpation. (highly reccomended).

:D

dorkus_molorkus,

vape4life

Banned for life
Welcome to the club. I emailed and recieved a generic reply back from kevin at arizertech (completely didn't even read my email because the reply was so generic).

Thank you for your email. We had a problem in one of the production runs where the ceramic didn't adhere properly to a small number of bowls. The flaking is the ceramic coating; it's organic and non toxic. Its a cosmetic issue and doesnt affect the performance of the product, and of course no flakes will travel through the herbs, then through the micro holes and into the mouthpiece. But, it still should not be flaking off.
We are working on switching production over to a 100% stainless bowl. In the meantime use your Solo, but I'll be happy to send you a new Solo with a stainless steel bowl when they're ready.

I guess the SS bowls aren't ready yet lol And apparently the ceramic is going the ways of the dinosaur.

Re: vapor bong with the Solo.... ok so the AV sucks for the Solo so I guess i'll go with the 100ml ehle. With loose stems, and especially with the new SS bowl, bonging shouldnt have that much drag at all. With my ceramic chipping bowl and a loose stem, I get tonnes of airflow. Tight stems on the other hand...not so much airflow..

Willeh said:
Well this is a drag, my warrantied unit has started to chip too. Looks like I may have to send one in to get a SS unit or something. I'm considering just scraping off the coatings.

vape4life,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
Just a quick question if one of you good people could answer , when you reclaim via the mothers milk option, do you still need to soak in ISO to clean the stem of does the milk do a good enough job.

Lefthook,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Lefthook said:
Just a quick question if one of you good people could answer , when you reclaim via the mothers milk option, do you still need to soak in ISO to clean the stem of does the milk do a good enough job.
It feels like no one reads the tip link correctly... anyhow:
FLskwat said:
Hey Dorkus, he's talking about this trick (posts #1836 & 1841):
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=159342#p159342
And I just cleaned both my solo stems and my MF's glass stem with this method again yesterday night: it's really awesome if you want to do things fast and easy!
I had a fucking incredible buzz, reclaim was such a fun and my magic milkshake was really good! ;)
Please try it and report guys!!

So no ISO! Just heat (from a torch previously or with the boiling temp of the milk), FAT milk, a little stirring, and at the end, if it's not perfectly clean, use the stem as a straw and with the pressure, it will clean everything! ;)

FLskwat,

vape4life

Banned for life
With a reasonably coated stem, how stoned would you say you get? Like an intense brownie/firecracker high or just a little mellow buzz?

FLskwat said:
Lefthook said:
It feels like no one reads the tip link correctly... anyhow:
FLskwat said:
Hey Dorkus, he's talking about this trick (posts #1836 & 1841):
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=159342#p159342
And I just cleaned both my solo stems and my MF's glass stem with this method again yesterday night: it's really awesome if you want to do things fast and easy!
I had a fucking incredible buzz, reclaim was such a fun and my magic milkshake was really good! ;)
Please try it and report guys!!

So no ISO! Just heat (from a torch previously or with the boiling temp of the milk), FAT milk, a little stirring, and at the end, if it's not perfectly clean, use the stem as a straw and with the pressure, it will clean everything! ;)

vape4life,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
So as stated in my case, I always have a gauze in the stem and never have any particles.
I don't know if it's because of my strains (HIGH GRADE hybrids totally caked with kief such as Amnesia haze, Neville Haze, Cosmic Haze, Power Plant Haze...) but my stems are light amber in a day, and really dark amber with a NICE layer of goo after a week.
So yes this works as any edible, AND IS FAIRLY STRONG! I have a totally fucked-up tolerance so I am not a good example, but this method will fill up my needs when I do it so it might be really strong for others!!!

FLskwat,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
Thanks FLskwat, i didnt read that link you are correct as i read vaped apes mother milk instructions, just clicked on your link and all is good so thank you very much, gonna try it on my next dry spell as i need to coat the stem a little more . :)

Lefthook,

darkrom

Great Scott!
FLskwat said:
Kaptan said:

So I tried my AV with the Solo... As expected, the airflow restriction, added to the AV drag is not great. I got very decent hits though, but as Kaptan stated you cannot clear the AV and the ergonomics with the bended stems are not the best (maybe the straight ones improve that!)

@Darkrom: though the AV is a super piece for many vapes... I'm not sure it's the best for the Solo. In fact, IMO, the solo isn't the best toy for water filtration in general, cause of his airflow... And even used on my bubbler or on a bong...I am not satisfieds with the sloooooooow fill up and the restriction feeling!
BTW I have an Underdog on the way and will let you know how the AV works with it (though discussing with Dave from UnderDog, it seems he will be doing the same test any day soon! ;) )

I want an AV mainly for the UnderDog, but it would be a plus if it worked with the solo. When you say the airflow restriction are you using the 2 hole stems? Airflow is far far better with the 3 hole stems. I'd say to the point where it is almost a completely different vape experience. No more hitting it and turning purple trying to force air through.

darkrom,

thecragus

A word of caution....
I purchased a PS2 slim power supply from ebay. I had the correct plug to replace it's larger plug. I plugged it into my Solo and then realized that I really could not tell if it was using the battery or the power unit so I let my Solo discharge. I plugged in the PS2 power unit and....nothing. I plugged in my Arizer charging unit and again....nothing. The PS2 slim power unit had fried my Solo!
The story does have a happy ending. Because Amazon had "fulfilled" the order from a third party, and because my Cust. Rep. could not find a way for me to contact them (very lucky on my part), Amazon is allowing me to return the Solo and they will refund my purchase price. Thanks to the post by smokecity a few pages back, I immediately purchased one from Greatvape which should be here by Saturday. Others may have had some luck using the PS2 slim power supplies.....if so, please post your experiences. I will be using my EQ (elbow packing) until Saturday ;-)

thecragus,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
darkrom said:
I want an AV mainly for the UnderDog, but it would be a plus if it worked with the solo. When you say the airflow restriction are you using the 2 hole stems? Airflow is far far better with the 3 hole stems. I'd say to the point where it is almost a completely different vape experience. No more hitting it and turning purple trying to force air through.

It works, it's just not a super add on as it is on the whip vapes. And yes I totally speak of the original solo stems: bended and 2 holes... I so much "hate" them even on normal usage I wrote to Debbie and Steve asking to have the new 3 or 4 holes ones in our next wholesale order!
IMO the best would be a straight tube with a restriction for an SS gauze bowl...a little like a mini straight "7th floor wand"...

FLskwat,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
thecragus said:
A word of caution....
I purchased a PS2 slim power supply from ebay. I had the correct plug to replace it's larger plug. I plugged it into my Solo and then realized that I really could not tell if it was using the battery or the power unit so I let my Solo discharge. I plugged in the PS2 power unit and....nothing. I plugged in my Arizer charging unit and again....nothing. The PS2 slim power unit had fried my Solo!
I wonder did you get the polarity right when you soldered the plug onto it?

WatTyler,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
thecragus said:
A word of caution....
The story does have a happy ending. Because Amazon had "fulfilled" the order from a third party, and because my Cust. Rep. could not find a way for me to contact them (very lucky on my part), Amazon is allowing me to return the Solo and they will refund my purchase price. Thanks to the post by smokecity a few pages back, I immediately purchased one from Greatvape which should be here by Saturday. Others may have had some luck using the PS2 slim power supplies.....if so, please post your experiences. I will be using my EQ (elbow packing) until Saturday ;-)

Yay, you're the second guy to report problems with this thing. Based on this I have removed my recommendations for the cheap ebay PS2 adapter from page 67 of this thread and even consider tossing mine just to be safe.

OhTheAgony,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
My SS Solo showed up today and is on the charger. Loose fit on this one so I can go back and forth between my tight cap original and the loose cap until I find the setup I like. I did not get any stems with this warrantied unit so I guess I will have to wait until the 3 hole is readily available to buy and try later.

@ dorkus

Oh, Dorkus, My bad for forgetting to tell you. :doh: NEVER use a breast pump on a female that is not lactating. All it will do is piss them off bad. As for your black eye, just say you ran into a door knob. Again I am sorry I forgot to include this info. Also don't ever try to milk a bull either-none of them lactate and that is not milk you are getting anyway. I found out the hard way.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

mephisto

Greetings all,
According to Kevin @ Rockwise, the new 3 and 4 hole straight stems will be available
thru them in another week. He was quick to respond to my inquiry, so lets hope
they start stockin' the new stems, pronto! Meanwhile, if anyone else finds a supplier
for the new stems, pass along any updates.
m

mephisto,

Dberm

I contacted Arizer about my chipping bowl on Monday. It is now Thursday and I just received my replacement SS unit! And I live in the US! Some crazy customer service right there, Kevin was super cool in handling everything.

Next to Magic Flight I don't think I've ever encountered customer service like this. Got a happy customer here!

Dberm,

Dberm

Now my only gripe is... If they can ship this thing from canada to my door in less than 3 days then why the hell does it take USPS a week to get to me from California? Don't tell me the Canadians know how to move packages around the US faster than we do!

Dberm,

Kaptan

darkrom said:
FLskwat said:
Kaptan said:

I was actually using a new 3 hole stem with the AV attached. It's not so much the airflow that is the problem. It's just not easy to clear the vapor from the AV after a hit. A straight stem would not be any benefit for this use either.

Kaptan,
Top Bottom