Arizer Solo

exit

Charging (or lack thereof) story. Was worried today because I took my solo out in the morning, used it for like 3 charges, and wore the battery dead. Took it home, plugged it back in figuring it was my fault, but didn't watch it. Tried to take it out again and the battery light was on and it wouldn't heat so I was worried. When it was plugged into the power strip I've been using for the last few weeks light #1 would stay mostly solid but blink and #2 & #3 would flash spastically.

I plugged it into the 7.5V PA and it heated up fine off that.

I plugged it into a different outlet (same stock charger) and it seems to be acting more normal now. The charging is going to take a really long time to monitor since it's worn completely dead but it hasn't been plugged in long enough to see even light #1 come up yet.

exit,

OF

When it was plugged into the power strip I've been using for the last few weeks light #1 would stay mostly solid but blink and #2 & #3 would flash spastically.

I plugged it into the 7.5V PA and it heated up fine off that.

I plugged it into a different outlet (same stock charger) and it seems to be acting more normal now.

Let me guess, there's a lot of stuff running on that plug strip? Maybe even it's plugged into another?

I'll give you ten to one on two things, first a marginal charger (a common complaint which seems to be dieing off), secondly voltage drops through the cords (why they get warm....) causing the voltage to be slightly lower there. The regulator (charger) just runs out of ability to do it's job then.

It's unclear if chargers are born marginal or go that way later (some of the reporters said they'd had them slip in and out of working in the same location). Several have reported permanent cures by replacing the charger, for now looking for a 'hot' outlet may keep you charging as you try to survive on the PA......life is tough sometimes.

OF

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Question: Am I harming the battery if I interrupt a charging session with a vaping session and then return it to the charger?

Snappo,
Get your hands on some Solo o-rings. Should fix the issue of ergonomics - it did for me at least.

I actually have a bunch of o-rings, but I don't enjoy the feel of them. Luckily, the PN WT doesn't requiring clearing, so I just leave the GonG in.

I meant less ergonomic because you can't tilt the unit as much due to the water. It can be counteracted to an extent by overfilling the piece, but that only goes so far.

letter never sent,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hola gente: here we are, with some news, beta testing an interesting tool for a Solo, or Dual Solo like my case, covers many aspects asked before from users, like myself, who needs home and portable capabilities anytime. Stay tuned for more action. So far so good the performance... check it out in HD.
Anyone knows how to take ads out of my videos, any help appreciated... I guess I need some utube 101 :)
Enjoy the video and the mellow music, any help in Spanish, just ask, very nice song dedicated to our Planta Reina :)
Stay vaped my friends, hasta pronto...

olivianewtonjohn

How tight are the stems supposed to fit when you first get it?

I just finished unboxing my new unit and both stems won't fit in there. I heard that they tend to be snug at first but I'm worried about breaking something. Is this normal? Any tips?
They were extremely tight for me. What helps is to heat up to 7 and then make sure you are pushing straight in

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
Thanks guys.

I'm gonna charge it up and give that a try. I'm sure everything's fine and to be honest I'm glad the stems don't fit (initially) rather than them starting off too loose like others have experienced recently. Gonna take this beauty to the park in a couple hours for my 1st mobile vaping session. Will report back later.

Hoof Hearted,
Reactions: ataxian

cplinker

I wheeze when I combust and am looking to buy a good vape and everyone said to try the solo. My wheeze hits me hard and I believe it is because I may be allergic to smoke(hopefully not THC). Will the Solo help me?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Could be wrong, but I think it's just for comfort/looks. It would also be cooler, if heat is an issue.
I do it with my water pipes as well.
The smaller glass tip diameter feels comfortable plus I like the way it draws.
You don't need to do this it's just that I vaporize all day every day and like to mix it up a bit.
Don't change a thing and just use your gear the way it comes. (Well Designed the way it comes)
Like I said I'll just goofing off.
I share things I like however I do not except anyone to like what I do.

It's like eating fish:
Eat the meat spit out the bones!

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I wheeze when I combust and am looking to buy a good vape and everyone said to try the solo. My wheeze hits me hard and I believe it is because I may be allergic to smoke(hopefully not THC). Will the Solo help me?
I can only speak for me, but many others also report that vaping is a quantum leap more breathable and far less irritating to the bronchials and lungs. Since I stopped combusting (will never go back) my chronic bronchitis, infection, and cough have ceased.Yes, for some, like me, there will still be some (very little) residual irritation, wheezing, and phlegm (again, very little, and sometimes none). But that's because some of us just have very sensitive breathing passageways. Will the Solo help you? It will not cure your lung sensitivity, but I believe it could very well be far less irritating for you than burning. If you have a friend with a vape, try it out. If not, just take the plunge and get the Solo. None better, IMO. You don't need to consume every day. Give your passageways a good break now and then! Let things clear up and calm down. Establish a healthy feeling baseline. Then, take it slow...and enjoy:).

How tight are the stems supposed to fit when you first get it?

I just finished unboxing my new unit and both stems won't fit in there. I heard that they tend to be snug at first but I'm worried about breaking something. Is this normal? Any tips?
Heat up the unit to 7. Wait a few more minutes. Hold Solo firmly, place stem base through hole, press firmly into hole (there will be resistance for several seconds) until it surrenders. Done! Works every time:rockon:!

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I can only speak for me, but many others also report that vaping is a quantum leap more breathable and far less irritating to the bronchials and lungs. Since I stopped combusting (will never go back) my chronic bronchitis, infection, and cough have ceased.Yes, for some, like me, there will still be some (very little) residual irritation, wheezing, and phlegm (again, very little, and sometimes none). But that's because some of us just have very sensitive breathing passageways. Will the Solo help you? It will not cure your lung sensitivity, but I believe it could very well be far less irritating for you than burning. If you have a friend with a vape, try it out. If not, just take the plunge and get the Solo. None better, IMO. You don't need to consume every day. Give your passageways a good break now and then! Let things clear up. Establish a healthy feeling baseline. Then, take it slow...and enjoy:).
The SOLO is super smooth.
For the medical Patient a very efficient device.
I like the flavor much more than burning a joint.
Their are other vaporizers some swear by.
I don't disagree with others who go with various devices.
Some don't mind the harshest of taste they produce.

It comes down to different needs:

Medical or Recreational.
However both medical and recreational users alike use the SOLO.
Some recreation users like a hotter vapor closer to combustion.

The SOLO has different temperature levels to choose from.
Level {3-4} are my numbers others like it much higher. {5-7}
Pretty cool you can adjust it to your needs.

I chase flavor.
If I was just getting High I think I would just burn joints and forget about vapor gear.
However I do not handle combustion like I use too!
Taste like putting your mouth on the tail pipe of a car while it's still running!

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
IMO, coming from a long term (10plus years) burning ammoniac bricked seeded South or Central American crap we call marihuana... vaporizing is my ultimate goal.
It's like tasting food or wine, or beer or liquors.
Would you rather eat burnt charred food and match it with hot cheap can/plastic/box beer, or cheap wine, or ... eat a deliciously cooked to exact temperature flavorful tasty meal matched with a desired temperature fine beer/wine????
I'll go for the latter...
Stay vaped my friends...

Ps: as @ataxian always says, "flavor chaser" :)

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
Just got back from the park with my new Solo.

My initial thoughts: I've never been this satisfied with a product. It's wonderful. I already knew about the tight-then loose fitting stems and the milkshake draw so there weren't any surprises. I assume the draw will become slightly less restricted over time once it loosens up, and of course I plan on buying some PVHES once they're in stock.

Vaping by the lake was great. The temp reached 95 today here in S.E. Michigan. Nice and windy though.
I love how the wind doesn't ruin a vaping session like it can ruin a smoking session. Wind can be a bitch when trying to light a joint or a bowl, and it also accelerates the burn which wastes a lot of medicine.

I even vaped a stem of Sour D while cruising around on my bike. That was fun. :nod:

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Just got back from the park with my new Solo.

My initial thoughts: I've never been this satisfied with a product. It's wonderful. I already knew about the tight-then loose fitting stems and the milkshake draw so there weren't any surprises. I assume the draw will become slightly less restricted over time once it loosens up, and of course I plan on buying some PVHES once they're in stock.

Vaping by the lake was great. The temp reached 95 today here in S.E. Michigan. Nice and windy though.
I love how the wind doesn't ruin a vaping session like it can ruin a smoking session. Wind can be a bitch when trying to light a joint or a bowl, and it also accelerates the burn which wastes a lot of medicine.

I even vaped a stem of Sour D while cruising around on my bike. That was fun. :nod:
Outstanding! Really sounds like a great start! What setting/s did you use? Cool new profile pic:rockon:

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
Outstanding! Really sounds like a great start! What setting/s did you use? Cool new profile pic:rockon:

I used setting 5 when I was cruising around on my bike but so far my sweet spot has been settings 3 and 4. I can see that changing over time though. I assume I'm liking slightly lower temps because the airflow is so restricted due to using a stock stem that still fits very snug.

I really like the taste it provides. It brings out the full flavor of whatever you put in there.
And I'm also getting bigger clouds than I expected. They're comparable to the ones I get from my heavy-hitting Da Buddha.

poonman

I used setting 5 when I was cruising around on my bike but so far my sweet spot has been settings 3 and 4. I can see that changing over time though. I assume I'm liking slightly lower temps because the airflow is so restricted due to using a stock stem that still fits very snug.

I really like the taste it provides. It brings out the full flavor of whatever you put in there.
And I'm also getting bigger clouds than I expected. They're comparable to the ones I get from my heavy-hitting Da Buddha.

I'm glad you're liking your new Solo .
When you do order the PVHES stems from Planetvape ,
ask them to throw in some Omicron mouthpieces for you .
You can try them out for an easier inhale on the stems .
For now , you can also lift the stems up a little for better air flow .

Ya , I've enjoyed MJ on the Windsor side of the river , when visiting my sister .

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Total PA Solution: UPDATE!!!

We are ahead of schedule folks. I have received the enclosures faster than expected. Put a couple voltage step down units together which are going out to a couple lucky members for evaluation. Please do not PM to volunteer as member's have already been contacted.
This is the completed voltage step down unit. Based on a LM350 Regulator IC which has all the safety circuits incorporated. For those interested the specs can be found here.

P1050561_zps1430e699.jpg

This is the unit alongside the 12 volt 5 amp supply. I should be getting the car adapter Monday as currently at customs. Its a nice hefty 10 amp unit.

P1050560_zps31db7db2.jpg

The package will consist of:

1 ea. 12 volt power supply capable of been used as a PA source as well as charger.
1 ea. Step down voltage insert needed to use with power supply for PA operation.
2 ea. Cable plug adapter to adapt the larger plug connector to the standard Solo connector.
1 ea. Car plug cable for use with 12 volts automotive plugs

The evaluation units will be mailed out hopefully Tuesday so add a couple more weeks and I would think a month would be a good target for letting folks have a shot to get one.

I've been thinking a fair price would be $35 + shipping. (still not sure but likely $15) So looking at around the $50 mark shipped.

For those just checking up, and wondering what's the benefit of this setup, the answer is:
It can function as a car PA as well as with the provided supply which double functions as a charger.

The project came about as the need for a PA for use in the car has been requested many times.
Well, she's on her way.

Pipes

Top Bottom