Arizer Solo

OF

@OF - I'm pretty sure he came to rent and ignore others, but we do try hard for him.

You may well be right, it might just be an attempt to make trouble, but it could also be a guy with a real problem honestly looking for support and just having some trouble communicating..... I don't know (for sure) about you, but I'd hate to miss that chance to help?

For myself, I think his answer to me (or lack) will decide a lot of the confusion.....or at least I hope it will.

OF, I thought by oil burner he was referring to the incense cup that came with it saying it was only good for incense because there is "no air flow". I was saying that cup is useless. I could be wrong abd he could be trying to use it for concentrates but his complaint was no airflow, not that it didn't work for what he was using

That was my initial take, but as I said I may have misread that given the reference to 'like VB2' and the slang use of 'oil burner'????

OF

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Hey guys, figured I'd chime in on the restricted draw. I have only had my Solo for a few weeks and really enjoy it. I have only tried the stock stems and a PVHES without water attachments. Finding I actually prefer the stock but find the draw a little more restricted than the PVHES as expected. However, lifting the stem slightly seems OK but it tends to re-seat itself on the first draw. I've started to just rock the stem back and forth and around while drawing. Can feel/taste the vape fluxuating. Seems to help a lot, specially when getting near the end. Kinda fun too.
Have not had any other complaints at all. Variable temp is awesome, battery life is great, possibilities are endless.

An update on the All in One PA project.
Received most materials needed to make some up. Currently using a prototype of the design and all is working as it should. Waiting on the enclosures which are in transit ...somewhere. Likely on a boat in the Pacific.
I was not happy with the quality of the car plug adapter I originally ordered, so have ordered some better heftier 10 amp units. My wife is starting to wonder what's up with all the cartons showing up on our dining room table. :\
All is pretty much on schedule. Couple more weeks for some samples to get tested and once the testers have given their input and if no big changes needed some units will become available for sale. Maybe 1 1/2 months or so away.
Will keep you all updated on the progress.
:smug:

OF

An update on the All in One PA project.

My wife is starting to wonder what's up with all the cartons showing up on our dining room table.

All is pretty much on schedule. Couple more weeks for some samples to get tested and once the testers have given their input and if no big changes needed some units will become available for sale. Maybe 1 1/2 months or so away.
Will keep you all updated on the progress.

Thanks for the update, Brother Pipes. Good news, IMO. Soon more options for Solo owners, always a good thing in a free market.

Sounds like you need a bigger dining room table?

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ooh, that's a crazy good idea! I'm absolutely gonna try this!
Could be wrong, but I think it's just for comfort/looks. It would also be cooler, if heat is an issue.
I like the smaller air path.
Big Bongs are nonfunctional to me because there is no way I can suck that much air at once.
The CHILLUM is Glass and has a small opening at the tip.
So there is a reason to my madness!
Even my water pipes I restrict the mouth piece.
The reason why I like the BLACK LEAF BUBBLER so much is the mouth piece is perfect.
OK it's not like some of the more beautiful ones out there however the BLACK LEAF is cheap and available.
I've tried to buy other ones however always sold out.
In the meantime the CHILLUMS and the BL are getting the job done.

ataxian,
Reactions: Tom Funk

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
where is the air intake? answer; it is blocked by the collar!
this product advertises mouth piece and inhale. Inhale out of an air tight chamber? no air flow other than through bad construction? don't be fooled by jump-on's! I would not have taken this step but there are the good guys that get miss lead at times! heads up!

GetAttachment.aspx
GetAttachment.aspx
GetAttachment.aspx
GetAttachment.aspx
GetAttachment.aspx
GetAttachment.aspx

don't give me no hot air! real questions by real people!
I have read all of Startus's posts more than once and still have to wonder WTF! Are you a non-English speaker using an online translator? You have posted once on two other threads, and they both leave me hanging with no rational thought to process. Anyway...

Startus! Remove the top cover by unscrewing it. Put your lips directly and tightly over the heater bowl assembly so there is a complete seal. Now suck. If you get NO air at all, something is wrong. If you get a tight draw of air, then it is fine! With stem in place you will find the draw to be very constricted. This is by design. Solo aficionado's have learned to use this characteristic to their advantage - able to draw good amounts of vapor.

Many here have tried to make sense of your posts. A gracious "thank you" might be in order, I suppose. Good luck! :shrug: Don't know what else to tell ya :horse:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Startus! Remove the top cover by unscrewing it. Put your lips directly and tightly over the heater bowl assembly so there is a complete seal. Now suck. If you get NO air at all, something is wrong. If you get a tight draw of air, then it is fine! With stem in place you will find the draw to be very constricted. This is by design. Solo aficionado's have learned to use this characteristic to their advantage - able to draw good amounts of vapor. Good luck! :shrug: Don't know what else to tell ya :horse:
Snappo well responded!

The SOLO is such a no brainer?

ataxian,

ghost

I was hoping maybe someone here could offer some insight.

I owned my solo just over 5 months now, it is a M107 version. Today it seemingly died. I can not turn it either on or off. The idle light just keeps flickering. When I tried to plug it in to charge (though it was already almost fully charged when it died) the idle light would blink, then it would flash one LED at 7 then the idle light would flash and it would repeat over and over. The oval charging LED did not even come on when I plugged it in.

Am I screwed? I purchased it off ebay, which from what I researched beforehand really does not make any difference as it seems that nobody really other than Arizer themselves is considered an "authorized seller".

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
I won't have my new solo until friday but i plan on hitting up the dispensary tomorrow in anticipation for it.

What types of concentrates (if any) can you mix with some flower (i assume) in a solo?

I can't find the vid anymore but about a month ago i tink i saw a vid on yewtewb of a feller using his solo with some concentrates. I know that the answer is probably all over this thread but i'm too fat and lazy to look for it. It's hot as fuck in MI today. Anyway, I'm thinking it was probably just some bubble hash.
Can somebody prease chime in? Again, too fat and lazy to search the thread.

Thanks

Hoof

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker

I owned my solo just over 5 months now, it is a M107 version. Today it seemingly died. I can not turn it either on or off. The idle light just keeps flickering. When I tried to plug it in to charge (though it was already almost fully charged when it died) the idle light would blink, then it would flash one LED at 7 then the idle light would flash and it would repeat over and over. The oval charging LED did not even come on when I plugged it in.

Am I screwed? I purchased it off ebay, which from what I researched beforehand really does not make any difference as it seems that nobody really other than Arizer themselves is considered an "authorized seller".

Bummer, but warranty should still be good if the ebay seller stands behind his sale. You should still have contact information in your ebay history.
I think I'd suspect a battery going tits up but others might have other ideas. You could try a reset. Hold both button down while putting on charge cycle for 5 seconds and release.

Hope this helps somewhat.
Good luck,

clouded vision

pretty much any concentrate that isn't runny will work well sandwiched between some herb (don't use so much that it can melt and run into the heating chamber) or you can wrap it up in a little piece of cotton and just put that right in the solo, with this method even the runniest concentrate will work unless you overload the cotton.

most likely the video was posted by vitolo asi think I remember that one

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I won't have my new solo until friday but i plan on hitting up the dispensary tomorrow in anticipation for it.

What types of concentrates (if any) can you mix with some flower (i assume) in a solo?

I can't find the vid anymore but about a month ago i tink i saw a vid on yewtewb of a feller using his solo with some concentrates. I know that the answer is probably all over this thread but i'm too fat and lazy to look for it. It's hot as fuck in MI today. Anyway, I'm thinking it was probably just some bubble hash.

Thanks

Hoof
A great idea! You can mix and match anything you want to in the stem bowl. Often, I use a screen at the top of the stem bowl, mixed actives in the center, and a thin wispy wad of cotton at the bottom of the sandwich just to keep the heater clean. I have also used a small wad of cotton (ONLY 100% cotton) folded over for an oil & herb sandwich...heavenly! And perfectly clean! You're gonna love it:rockon::tup::clap:!!!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Thanks

Hoof
For the SOLO just good TOP SHELF FLOWERS.

CONCENTRATES I love how ever I have other ways to use them properly.

SOLO = FLOWERS

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Yes Clouded you were right it was vitolo vid and he sandwiched it between some flower

That sounds more appealing than the cotton method as long as it vapes the concentrate and not just the flower
A dab or two of oil in cotton, separate from the flower, I believe, might give a more even vapor mixture per draw. Both will heat at the same time, but separately. My reasoning for this is that if oil is mixed directly in with/on the flower, the oil will have to vape off first before the actives on the flower are exposed. You would get oil before the other. Either way, mixed or in line single file, it'll all get there:lol:.

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
Thanks for the advice yall.

I'll probably try both methods. And I might just end up using the Solo for flowers only, like Ataxian does.
Time will tell. I'm sure the experimenting will be fun though. ;)

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
Yes...experiment!!! New pic, I see:love:...cheers!

Thanks. I hated my old pic. It showed me smoking a cig back in my combusting days. Wasn't that appealing. I like this pic of me a lot better. You can't really tell but I was actually standing on the top Mount Kilimanjaro at the time it was taken. I just zoomed in so you could see my face better,, and show off my summer tan ;)

As far as the cotton method goes, do you just use regular cotton balls? I usually have some in the house but I just checked and I don't. I have hundreds of q-tips that have cotton on them although I assume cotton balls are more ideal. And where do you put the concentrate? Right in the midde?

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Thanks. I hated my old pic. It showed me smoking a cig back in my combusting days. Wasn't that appealing. I like this pic of me a lot better. You can't really tell but I was actually standing on the top Mount Kilimanjaro at the time it was taken. I just zoomed in so you could see my face better,, and show off my summer tan ;)

As far as the cotton method goes, do you just use regular cotton balls? I usually have some in the house but I just checked and I don't. I have hundreds of q-tips that have cotton on them although I assume cotton balls are more ideal. And where do you put the concentrate? Right in the midde?
I pull a few small wispy tufts right off the end of a Q-Tip (ONLY 100% cotton!). Then I ball it together (shape it) to fit the inner diameter of the bowl, stretch it out a tiny bit, apply ingredient/s evenly, fold over to sandwich, and insert. I find that Q-Tips work much better because they have a denser weave than regular cotton balls. Seems to hold stuff in between the strands better, and does not affect draw one bit.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Ugh this is what I wake up to after the stuff from last night lol. I think that guy with the issues was just really angry and couldn't see beyond that. If he does come back I will tell him I wanted to throw the solo through the window when I got it and now I love it. Some of us have more issues then others with it.

As far as the tips omnicron or chillum, I don't think it was explained well at least how I read it so I will try since the askers...cute word hehe...didn't read far enough back to see it. The omni and chill have a very small pin type hole in them in the middle inside where you can't see unless you look. With some scientific effect, venturi we think, it ends up making the draw easier. So, it isn't just for feel. It isn't just for the glass on your mouth or as someones said something to bite on. It has a real useful effect if that is what you want. I currently never take the omni tip off my PN vape because it just makes it so much better. Mind you the PN had no real issue with draw but it does a two fold effect, draw and cooling. The solo is using the chillum as ataxian showed which is a picture of the one he got for me. I hope this clears it up.

OF

I can not turn it either on or off. The idle light just keeps flickering. When I tried to plug it in to charge (though it was already almost fully charged when it died) the idle light would blink, then it would flash one LED at 7 then the idle light would flash and it would repeat over and over. The oval charging LED did not even come on when I plugged it in.

Bummer. Sounds like a processor crash to me. I haven't got around to confirming it, but I'm pretty sure it never actually shuts off (it just shuts down the display and 'watches' for button pushes, or a charger or PA being plugged in).

There's a software reset that probably won't work if it's tied up. You'll have to search for 'reset' probably but it's been discussed a number of times here, the instructions are there. Something like 'plug it in for ten seconds, hold both buttons down and unpulg?

I'd suggest a hardware reset before you decide the battery has joined the dark side. Remove the cap, take out the four small screws in the base and slide the cover off. On the back (behind the front panel) is the battery under a snap on cover, remove the cover (carefully) and unplug the battery for a minute or so then reassemble and test. This forces a reboot (if the battery and processor are sound).

If you have access to a meter, by all means measure the battery (or take it to someone who has one). You're looking for seven Volts or so. A failure is probably half that?

Good luck.

OF

I've had my PN WT for about a week now. It's pretty cool, but I don't find myself favoring it over hitting it dry. It does its job in cooling down the vapor but using it is less ergonomic for me.

A full size stem of GSC through water = blasted

what temps does everyone prefer? I stick to a 2-4 range during virtually every session.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
hello all,
so my reliable Solo seems to be acting up. i have a M107 that i bought from planetvape on 3/1/12. it still works but the lights are acting up. first... my blue idle light does not come on at all. when i turn it on the 3 and 7 lights turn on, then i get the battery power level, then all lights go off. as i turn up the temp by going through the levels 1 through 4 are fine but when i get to level 5 the level 1 light comes on with it, when i get to 6 the 2 light comes on with it and when i get to 7 the 3 light comes on with it. after that it start the heat up process. during that process the 2 light starts blinking right away even though it still has not heated to level 1 yet. it's not till it get to to level 3 during the heatup that the lights return to normal.

the unit still works. i have tried the "reset" method (plug it in to the charger, hold both buttons for 4 seconds, wait 10 more seconds then unplug from charger) but that did not fix the lights.

i checked and i still have time on my warranty and am wondering if this is a warranty worthy issue. i love my M107 and am afraid they would just exchange it for a newer unit and i am not sure i want to do that either. it still works so i wonder if i should even care about the lights?? or is this the first sign of something bigger to go wrong??

so after writing to PV to ask about my solo and the warranty i had left, this is what i got back:

We have spoken with Arizer directly and here is what they told us. The battery in your Solo is only under warranty for one year, but the rest of the solo has a 2 year warranty with a lifetime warranty on the heater itself. In order for Arizer to determine the cause of the light issue you will need to send your Solo to Arizer directly for testing. If it turns out to be the battery pack, it is not covered under the warranty any longer and you will have to pay a fee for the repair, if it is not the battery pack causing the issues it will be repaired / replaced under warranty.

so now they leave it up to me to "gamble" :shrug: here are my options for my still working but acting funny Solo

1) hold on to it and hope nothing is wrong and ignore the lights cost: nothing
2) send it in for warranty and find out its not the battery but something else cost: shipping charges
3) send it in for warranty and find out it is battery cost: shipping and repair

not too sure i like the options i am given. i may have to wait this one out :(

mmenzie,

poonman

sorry to hear that mm ,
just a thought ,
you have battery power because it does heat up , and it works .
it's just the lights are outta whack , correct ?
So maybe , it's the firmware ?

poonman,
Reactions: ataxian

OF

1) hold on to it and hope nothing is wrong and ignore the lights cost: nothing
2) send it in for warranty and find out its not the battery but something else cost: shipping charges
3) send it in for warranty and find out it is battery cost: shipping and repair

4) Order a new Solo for $160 from PIU or PV and swap the battery into your unit.

This will confirm (or deny) the battery issue and tell you if you want to send the unit in or order a new battery. You can then reassemble the new unit and sell it as 'never used' for close to new prices on teh classifieds, sell it to a friend at your cost (he should have one anyway) or maybe even turn a buck or two on 'street price'?

If you have access to a meter it's really simple to determine this that way of course.

But, it's making vapor for you a year later. Not that many things do such a nice thing for so long for such small bucks.....

Good luck.

sorry to hear that mm ,
just a thought ,
you have battery power because it does heat up , and it works .
it's just the lights are outta whack , correct ?
So maybe , it's the firmware ?

Good thought, but my money'd be on hardware in the display decoding. No firmware routine is going to start flashing lights that never did before. I could be wrong, but my first bet on the machine side is hardware (not that we can deal with either).

But the necessary troubleshooting decision is centered on the battery. If it's good, hardware and software get 'fixed' (read 'unit replaced') in exactly the same manner from our end. The unit goes in a box for free service (replacement), the exact reason is left as an exercise to others.......

OF

Top Bottom