Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thanks ataxian, but my doubt still stands. :)

From the picture i can't be sure if the air path is isolated from the element but i'm guessing those circles are the intake holes and the air goes inside the glass tube where the metal part is inserted.
The flavour should be better than the Solo for the first hits, and the bowl seems to be like 3-4 times the volume, but that glass adapter (bender), on top of the metal tube, give me the idea that it will eventually get HOT, and conduction will cook the herbs next to the glass, so it won't last as long as the Solo.

Won't it give better taste if used upside down, provided the herbs are unable to go to the bubbler?
I have a few more configurations!
Upside down is one of them.
You don't have to like the way I vaporizer as long as I entertain myself.

It's all good!

ataxian,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
really enjoying my new solo purchse. question. I can't seem to find a 14mm gong so I can put this into my water tool. also what kind of stems do you guys suggestion? is the only difference with the shorty is that the bowl is shorter? cause I feel the regular stem is the perfect size. but I would like to get a straight stem seeming that mine can with two bent ones. anyone with a gong for sale on here? :)

I don't use anything. The straight stem fits in the WT no problem unless someone tells me it isn't good to do it that way. If you want you can use a piece of 1/2" tubing if you don't want the glass on glass.

Dreamerr,

IF II INI C IHI

Aka VapeGod
also how do you know if your solo is one of the newer Stainless Steel ones? is their a model number I can tell by? should I be worried if I don't got one of the new Stainless Steel ones? btw I got it from a LHS, no telling how long they had it in there. but it's a popular head shop so maybe I got a newer one. thoughts? cause I can't tell

IF II INI C IHI,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
look in the heat chamber, is it metal or ceramic? if it's metal you have the SS model. If it's ceramic you have an early model

jambandphan03,

Yoshi

Woah
also how do you know if your solo is one of the newer Stainless Steel ones? is their a model number I can tell by? should I be worried if I don't got one of the new Stainless Steel ones? btw I got it from a LHS, no telling how long they had it in there. but it's a popular head shop so maybe I got a newer one. thoughts? cause I can't tell

There's a serial number on the bottom, below the plug. M105's changed the bowl from ceramic to SS.

SS:
arizer-solo-stainless-steel-bowl-m107.jpg

Ceramic:
arizer_solo_large_2.jpg

Yoshi,

elevation

Pics...

I have no idea what you're talking about...but the solo casing damaged due heat? unlikely.

I took pictures but i don't know how to put them up..Never done it before but i have to upload them. I do not have an url.

elevation,

Dreamerr

Go to imgur.com and click upload...after you are done copy the bbc line the one that starts with img then paste it here inline.

Yoshi

Woah
I took pictures but i don't know how to put them up..Never done it before but i have to upload them. I do not have an url.

You could use a site like photobucket, that's what I use. Then once you get it up on there, there's an option on the right hand side called "direct link." Click that and once you get here click the tree on the second row of options above the text box. :wave:

Yoshi,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
The heater is ceramic, the bowl is stainless steel and the coating was ceramic as well.

This should be a non-issue at this point, i highly doubt you guys will find M105 or older units being sold new, since it's been a long time since they removed the ceramic coating.

elevation

That's a really odd way to break, the heating element is in the top of the Solo anyways. Maybe it's how the screws were torqued? :huh:

That could be explaining the bottom. I'm hoping it won't break of at all sides but i think that is eventually going to happen. This still does not explain the cracks i get on the front though. Again, it has never been dropped.

elevation,

IF II INI C IHI

Aka VapeGod
The heater is ceramic, the bowl is stainless steel and the coating was ceramic as well.

This should be a non-issue at this point, i highly doubt you guys will find M105 or older units being sold new, since it's been a long time since they removed the ceramic coating.
I just bought mine for the waiting period of getting my Pinnacle by VB checked out and sent back and it's a M103 unit. meaning older and none SS. so they do continue to sell older units. are they doing some sort of return for people that bought older units?

IF II INI C IHI,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
no the ceramic was just a coating. They are all SS bowls.

I mixed up.

Back to the PA issue, so you guys say the PA does not shut off after 12 mins? well mine did, then I unplugged it and it didn't shut off...battery level still says 7 but I wonder if this is normal since I read here other things...

m0sh,

Dreamerr

My PA shuts off after 12 mins and keeps beeping in 12 min cycles. I thought OF said that last night. When it turns off it goes to one light till it totally cools down. I normally do what OF does if I am not going to use it right away I pull out the plug. Now for some strange stuff...don't plug it in after you turned it on it gets confused or do anything else like that just my opinion.

Edit: Like was also said if it is almost at the 12 min mark and you put it up to your heat level it will go off when that 12 mins was suppose to be done say 2 mins left then it goes off in 2 mins and you have to turn the heat back up then you will get a full 12 mins.

m0sh

Does it close automatically for you?
This thread is too fast for me lately lol...that why I guess I missed that post.

m0sh,

$un

I have some uncomfortable & pulling feeling in my chest after using the solo. i wanted to know is this because of the draw resistance in the stock stem?

$un,

m0sh

I have some uncomfortable & pulling feeling in my chest after using the solo. i wanted to know is this because of the draw resistance in the stock stem?

I think it could be...try to lift the stem just few mm off the SS bowl and you'll notice a lot more airflow coming through ... but careful on you finger when lifting the stem, it gets quite hot down near the bowl...

m0sh,
Reactions: $un

$un

I think it could be...try to lift the stem just few mm off the SS bowl and you'll notice a lot more airflow coming through ... but careful on you finger when lifting the stem, it gets quite hot down near the bowl...

do you think if i was to get the pvhes shorty turbo it might help with this problem? is there a way to make the hole in the stock stem a little bigger? i have minimum tools at home & i was thinking what if i take a screw & screw it into the hole of the stock stem in an attempt to make the hole wider, is that going to work or will it just break the stem?

$un,

clouded vision

screws will break your stems, they are glass. the only way to modify then it's with a torch and I personally wouldn't try but severalon here have. I would say try pulling much softer, slower and longer. also I had the same feeling with mine at first but water filtration helps a lot. idk if it creates extra suction but there seems to be slightly less draw resistance but maybe I just got used to it so it seems better

clouded vision,
Reactions: OF and $un

bluemonkey

"You don't have the technology or the steady hands to pull of a procedure like that. So ha, peace!"

But you could try a diamond tip dremel,
you could put some groove's down the outside the side of the bowl
and several notch's out of the rim,
have you seen a close up picture of the PVHES stem's? there are several a few pages back

bluemonkey,
Reactions: $un
Top Bottom