Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hello @ataxian , can you tell us what's your high and medium vaporizers please ??
I'm interesting about this...
What I do works for me!
You may need something else?
However good place to start!
SOLO = PORTABLE @CarolKing turned me onto dry using a sherlock.
NANO = LOG (PLUG-IN) 24/7 on and ready!
EVO = DESK-TOP (use a lot the nails for shatter) When COLAS are ready I use them as well.
WAX PEN = Too many however my W9 TECH is the most durable.

90% H2O
10% ARID

I have a bunch more however these I use daily.

Seriously I'm CIVILIZED = SIMPLE APPROACHES

If it's a calm day = 0.5 gram
Hepatic day = 1.0 gram
SHATTER = 0.25 - 0.50 gram

You may need less?
Do what work's?

Last edited:

TheWhisper

Outside Diameter.

Sorry for not being clear enough. When I said it was longer than most, could enter the female far enough to interfere and that could prevent a seal, I meant it can stick too far in, hit interference and not seal..........

You'll find out or not, depending.

Yeah, I know. I'd hoped by being blunt I'd get the point across.......

You're right, a guy doesn't get many straight lines around here.

OF

It arrived and...

it fits and seals! It's not as low profile as I was hoping it would be (it sticks up a few centimeters), but it's more than good enough. Now I'm just awaiting my WPA from @Ed's TnT.

Mr.Sifter

Yesterday my SOLO went out of battery.
I switched it off, attached the Loading cord and plugged it in.

The blue light on bottom is constantly on.
The green charging lampe ist flashing.

But the solo is not loading.
there are no yellow lights shown.
not even one in like 2hours

Mr.Sifter,
Reactions: OF

lookhigh

FC member
Sadly i think your battery has failed due to being fully discharged. Leave it charging to be sure.

lookhigh,
Reactions: OF

Mr.Sifter

REALLY ?

you mean my battery died from letting it discharge completely.
I think this had happened before.

Oh man, is there anything I can do besides getting a new battery ?

Mr.Sifter,

Mr.Sifter

mmmh,
might be reason to upgrade to a 3400mAh battery.

but the old one worked just fine for 6-7 sessions.

so lets hope for @OF

my understanding for electricity is very very basic and "metaphysical".
my first repair attempt: I slapped it :D

edit 1:
maybe open the SOLO and dis- and reconnect the battery?
or load it with a higher voltage via an universal loading device ?

edit2:
just opened the device.
what is this white stuff ?

Last edited:

OF

The blue light on bottom is constantly on.
The green charging lampe ist flashing.
Sadly i think your battery has failed due to being fully discharged. Leave it charging to be sure.

Bummer. I agree with LH, at this point your best shot is probably leaving it charging (or trying to) in the hopes of unlocking the battery pack.

This can be a fatal event, hopefully not. The problem is such packs depend on careful and exact balance between the two cells selected to make each pack. They need to be nearly identical so that over time the weaker one doesn't get battered since the Solo only looks at the total of the two to decide charging. It depends on the protection PCB to 'lock out' the pack should one cell or the other be too deeply discharged (this is independent of the normal charging, it's like a fuse of sorts. When this (pack lock out) happens there's still a very small current allowed through (or you could never unlock the pack in the first place). A good cell should eventually recover enough to start normal charging but might not happen if the cell was 'on it's last legss'.

I'm more concerned since this is a new model. Where is 'use while charging'? Something else may be going on........

edit2:
just opened the device.
what is this white stuff ?

That white stuff, if I'm seeing it right, is trouble. It should not be there and there are very few places it can come from. The battery pack itself seems sound? That is it's not leaking (a sure sign it's packed in and needs replacement)? Check carefully. Otherwise IIRC that's the corner of the board with the charging circuit, right next to the power jack. Any chance it got set in water or something and outside contamination got in and we're not looking at a hardware failure?

Anyway, I'd try to see if you can start up (but not heat) with the charger running. And I'd give it a day or so trying to charge to see if I could unlock the battery pack. I would not simply order another battery pack and expect to plug it in an run fine without further testing of the charge circuit and individual cells in the pack (something likely not possible here).

Past that I'm afraid I'd recommend warranty claim if possible and replacement if not. It's the only way to be sure to come up with a working Solo otherwise. If you had, or knew someone with, another working Solo you could swap battery packs and know right away what the story was?

Good luck, but I would not bet on a new battery being your salvation. This Solo could have a charging circuit that's lying to you, it might not really be trying to charge at all, the flashing light being only an indicator of intent, not confirmation of success in charging......

OF

Mr.Sifter

Can I clean the inside with a dampf q-tip and ISO99% ?

Is it save to leave the solo unattended for a longer period, while it is trying to load and recover?
I am in the EU.
I have a US loading cable with the SOLO combined with a EU socket converter. (not a AC/DV converter)

Could this white stuff have leaked out of my battery ?
Unfortunately i dont know anybody owning a solo.

The solo can be used with the charger attached. And it heats.

I bought this SOLO used about a year ago.
I do not have proof of purchase for arizer.

OF

Could this white stuff have leaked out of my battery ?
Unfortunately i dont know anybody owning a solo.

The solo can be used with the charger attached. And it heats.

Yes, it possibly could have come from there, which would be fatal......which is why I asked you to inspect the battery pack carefully for signs of leaks (most likely at the ends).

The fact it will 'use while charging' is positive, but still doesn't guarantee it's only a battery failure.

Yes, it should be safe to leave it charging, if you're worried about it put it in a pot, pan or other 'fireproof' container? I'd leave it plugged in for a while if it was mine.

Good luck with it.

OF

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
We have talked about battery care so much in this thread. There is so much about not draining the battery too low and how to achieve a longer lasting battery life. I thank @OF for this. I wouldn't have known any of this info without him. I follow the instructions most of the time. I have forgotten to take my battery off of the charge before the green light stopped blinking.:bang:

Overall both my units have had a hour of battery life for the last year. One unit is three years old, the other is 2 and 1/2 years old.

You could throw caution to the wind and that's OK too but be prepared to buy a new batter after a shorter period of time. Thank you @OF for your public service. Even though not all pay attention. It's your call how cautious you are.

The Solo is the gift that keeps on giving if you treat her right.:love:

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
That doesn't look like a battery issue IMO, if it's not like that on the battery itself too.

Quetzalcoatl,
Top Bottom