Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It took a little time for me to start getting results, Mr Sifter give yourself a week or 2 and see if things improve. I like to pre-heat to 6 for a couple of minutes then turn it down to 5 or sometimes 4, then back to 6 for the last one to make sure it's all cooked. When I started I used 6 all the time so I could see clouds but then changed. I don't use any less than when I was smoking, oh well.
Funny the first time I used a SOLO I was like F^ck this is great!
So many like to look for Mr. Goodbar? (70's movie)

I used at least 2 Onces or 56 grams a week as a smoker.
As a vaporist it's getting down to 1/2 oz or 15 grams a month?

My SOLO doesn't take very much?

unsorted

I took some pics of my solo-ufo setup. Then I decided someone should see them. So... here's some looks at both my mini-whip and Aqualab Technologies mouthpieces. The whip is nice if you're at a desk or table or just sitting. It allows you to see the vapors exploding out of the bubbles, which is cool. The glass mouthpiece is nice for walking around. Whip works best with a long slow draw that I usually prefer. The glass is a little less restrictive and freer flowing. I feel that the UFO is a great universal piece. Plain but adaptable.

I'm reposting the pics because they disappeared due to my lack of understanding of how image hosting works. Duhhhh. Sorry, I'm a dope. I learned that posts can't be edited after 6 hours.

9XUqbUe.jpg

0hITRYA.jpg

GXOHe8Q.jpg

Pk4wuXe.jpg

qN217N6.jpg

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
A good heat soak (Setting to 6 or 7 and waiting till the light stops blinking so much and then waiting another minute) followed by dropping to 5 and taking a hit. Don't hit too hard/fast that you overwhelm the oven. You should feel some heat on your lips. By the second hit you should see vapor unless something is wrong.

Mr.Sifter

@unsorted:

at what temp to you operate your solo ufo setup ?

i think its the long slow draws you have to take.
that seems unnatural to me.

an there is ground herb everywhere.
on the heating element, in the straw, in my mouth

Mr.Sifter,

unsorted

@unsorted:

I usually start at 4 and wait a minute or two after that temp is reached before the first hit. After 2-3 draws (with a minute or so in between), I then go to 5. The foggiest hits are the last 3-4 after that. That's when the gong is feeling hot when I lift to clear the jar. I guesstimate that the load is more than 85% depleted when the 12 minute shutdown occurs.
I'm gonna have to try His Highness's preheat technique though. That should produce more fog more quickly if you're in a hurry.

unsorted

so round about 10 draws through your bubbler.

how much do you put in the straw ?

I pretty much always use a bubbler with a gong from Planet Vape with notched edges. I loose fill to the top, then use a wooden dowel pin to lightly tamp below the notches. No rocking or tilting required. If I'm thinking the stuff is super potent I may put a domed screen in first to take up space. Experiment

Buzzbomb Almighty

Funny the first time I used a SOLO I was like F^ck this is great!
So many like to look for Mr. Goodbar? (70's movie)

I used at least 2 Onces or 56 grams a week as a smoker.
As a vaporist it's getting down to 1/2 oz or 15 grams a month?

My SOLO doesn't take very much?
Maybe because I came off of 45 years of smoking, I just keep hitting it until I feel what I want, and it seems to be the same ounce a month I was smoking.

Mr Sifter are you using a fine grind? Either a coarse grind or just roughly breaking it apart will work in this. The maker recommends a coarse grind (at least that's what the bonus grinder they sent does).
Edit: I sure hope the used one you got isn't faulty.
Edit: @ Ataxian, the more likely culprit is my injudicious use of abv, knocking it out before expended probably. I think things will improve, I'm just that glass half full kind of guy. :lol: When the gong and bubbler's done with it though, it's like dark chocolate.

Last edited by a moderator:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Maybe because I came off of 45 years of smoking, I think things will improve, I'm just that glass half full kind of guy. :lol: When the gong and bubbler's done with it though, it's like dark chocolate.

I didn't smoke a joint until 1970.
Dark Chocolate I had in PARIS in the early 90's.

In EUROPE they mixed tobacco with cannabis?

I found this to be a odd use of a otherwise healthy way to get to a state of NIRVANA?

We grew up with nature and found tobacco to be unhealthy?

CANNABIS with a SOLO is healthy!

lookhigh

FC member
adjective
adjective: odd; comparative adjective: odder; superlative adjective: oddest
different to what is usual or expected; strange.
"the neighbours thought him very odd"
synonyms:

lookhigh,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Now exactly what, prey tell, do you know about being odd?

I mean really........wouldn't your odd end up at the reasonable end of the scale for the straights?

All relative you know.

OF
Funny I was surfing perfect 30 foot faced Sunset in Hawaii!

This 70 year old man came screaming from the hollow of the wave he was on as I was paddling to the West Peak.

He was like a 10 year old boy!

Later I told the story to my Dad. He said, "it's only numbers"!

CANNABIS keeps you young!

I like my SOLO!

I found my MR. Good bar

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
@unsorted:

i think its the long slow draws you have to take.
that seems unnatural to me.

Pack your stem lightly, medium grind. If you pack it down a little it shouldn't fall down when you turn the stem upside down, herb side down. Insert into the Solo and turn it on, select level 4 or 5. Watch as it climbs to temperature and the heating light goes off, after 8-10 seconds it will start flashing again because it's heating up to maintain temperature. Give it 30-60 seconds after it first reaches temperature to heat soak a bit. This will help you get thicker vapor a little quicker, which you need to get at first before yous tart to really understand the tempo of the Solo. Don't draw so hard that you're fighting the resistance of the vaporizer, it's restricted like that for a reason and it functions better when you're not fighting it.

Slow 10 second draw straight into the lungs, not the mouth. The first few draws will be lighter in vapor but very tasty (dependent on herb quality obviously). Heat to the herb means it boils everything off "from the bottom up" so stuff like terpenes that boil off at 180-200 something f, water content at 200f. The thick hits for me are usually draws 3-6, or more depending on how much I load (I use a "flat dome screen" to reduce the stem load approximately 25%). Draw slow, it will "get back to temp" in between hits. You may even want to explore temp setting 6 or 7 if you're looking for that "throat hit" of something like bong rips.

You'll have to practice this technique for a little while before you start experimenting with things like coarser grinds, or no grind at all. It can handle a broken off piece of nug and vape it thoroughly but it takes some finesse which comes with practice. I've also noticed (and others have noticed and agreed) that some herb will not produce as much vapor as other batches or strains, but will still give satisfactory effects. Seeing vapor coming out is visual feedback that a lot of us were used to when we were smoking which kind of goes out the window with vaporizing. I can go as low as temperature setting 2 (as 1 is essentially useless for us in terms of cannabinoid vaporization temperatures) and get really lit. Yeah, it's barely any exhaled vapor, and it takes a slightly modified approach in terms of draw rate, but the effects are there. A bit different than at level 7, but there for sure.

Also, moisture content has noticeable effect on vapor production. If the goods are damp or moist, you're going to expend more energy (heat) boiling off all the water and barely any cannabinoids, and your stem will fog up a bunch. If that's the case, leaving a small amount out on some paper to dry out for an hour or two suffices for me. This is also dependent on humidity of your location. I'm pretty sure when @OF wants some material dry he puts it on some paper and then sets it on top of his internet router (for the warmth).

sickmanfraud

As a person who never tried combustion of anything it took me a while to get into vaping as a form of pain control.

I find that having the stem in the Solo before I need it makes the vapor much harder to tolerate.

Several months ago my F-bomb (only water piece I own) got too dirty to use so I started playing with hitting my Solo dry, but still using more heat. Even after I got my f-bomb sparkling clean, I found I prefer the dry bent stem to all others.

Currently I heat my Solo to 210 C (#7). While it is heating I load my stem.

Once my Solo reaches temp I insert stem upside down (hamster bottle style) and draw immediately.

The first hit is sometimes wispy, but the second is massive! Between hits I remove my stem. Since I have the stem out anyway, I stir several times.

Once the vapor gets wispy or the material tastes burnt I end my session.

This method is the only way I have found to hit the higher temps without coughing up a lung.

Thcgos

Vape Addict
Hello,

what do you think of this stem and this gong ?
I found this on the web.

What is the small hole for?

The small hole is a carb hole.

You cover it up with your finger when you are inhaling, then right before you finish inhaling, you uncover the hole and it brings in fresh air, so you can inhale the last remaining vapor in the stem/bubbler.

Kinda like pulling up/clearing the bowl on a bong.

This is so that the vapor doesn't linger in the stem (or bubbler) and condensate.

I like carb holes, but its odd to have it on a solo stem. Solo stems get pretty hot to touch....
But it's likely they would have tried their own design before selling it... hopefully it's not too hot to touch.

Thcgos

Vape Addict
another question:

why do you think this machine is called "SOLO"?

it's a strange name, isn't it?

I'm going to take a few guesses....

Because it's the only vape you will ever need?

Because you'd rather go solo, with your solo, than share it?

Because it's the size of a solo can (only people from my country may get this one).

Because it looks like a star wars device that Han Solo designed. I always thought my black solo reminded me of Darth Vader (or now kylo ren).
V6KPgph.jpg

Top Bottom