• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo II

Sparkpug

What a difference a stem can make. The PhDHE efficiency one is perfect. It has a really open airflow feel and I can take the entire bowl in 4 pulls, up to a very dark ABV afterward. I have not tasted an outright hit so vibrant before. Faux Lato is good but yikes, it was absolutely a new experience, it has a spiciness I didn't really taste until now. The Vortex stem is not quite the same. It feels too open as if I'm not inhaling anything but air, but it does taste nice. I actually like the stock stems too. They have a "just right" pull feel. I'm letting it heat soak, for ~45 seconds. Sometimes longer if I forget to use it right away.

The other reason I like this vape a lot is that my ABV is brown and dried out pretty evenly so it's easy to stuff into my return jar. With the E-Nano, I always char the top of the load rendering a chunk of ABV unusable.

Sparkpug,

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
What a difference a stem can make. The PhDHE efficiency one is perfect. It has a really open airflow feel and I can take the entire bowl in 4 pulls, up to a very dark ABV afterward. I have not tasted an outright hit so vibrant before. Faux Lato is good but yikes, it was absolutely a new experience, it has a spiciness I didn't really taste until now. The Vortex stem is not quite the same. It feels too open as if I'm not inhaling anything but air, but it does taste nice. I actually like the stock stems too. They have a "just right" pull feel. I'm letting it heat soak, for ~45 seconds. Sometimes longer if I forget to use it right away.

The other reason I like this vape a lot is that my ABV is brown and dried out pretty evenly so it's easy to stuff into my return jar. With the E-Nano, I always char the top of the load rendering a chunk of ABV unusable.
Agree on what a difference a stem can make. I love my Solo 2, after 3 years my original one crapped out. Ariezer sent me out another for $124. The first thing I noticed was the draw resistance improved ? I could not believe the difference. It was like night and day. I like to use a 7" long daddy stem or a dimpled cooling stem with my Solo 2 . Both keep the vapor very cool with higher temps. I also use a 5" easy flow stem and a easy flow wpa. I really like the easy flo stems. Why doesn't Arizer switch over ?

bulllee,

hinglemccringleberry

Everyone talks about the Solo 2 being a session vape that takes longer to extract a load than other vapes like the Furys or (insert on-demand convection portable here). But what if you’re only using 0.05? If you were to kick the temp straight up to 420F on a fresh 0.05 load, couldn’t you extract it just as quickly as a Fury Edge? It's not like the Solo is short on power...

Asking for myself. This vape is on my VAS list right now.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: OF

OF

Everyone talks about the Solo 2 being a session vape that takes longer to extract a load than other vapes like the Furys or (insert on-demand convection portable here). But what if you’re only using 0.05? If you were to kick the temp straight up to 420F on a fresh 0.05 load, couldn’t you extract it just as quickly as a Fury Edge? It's not like the Solo is short on power...

Asking for myself. This vape is on my VAS list right now.
No, you cannot. Which is why folks say it won't work. As might be expected, we've all tried it. You're the one that said "everyone talks", and IMO you're right. The advice stands. If that's your goal, you might want to reconsider.

Regards to all.

OF

dry

Satisfaction in having Arizer
I have a Solo II and 17 months broke in "error 5", this is the heater that is broken.
I live in Brazil I sent an email Arizer in Canada, they delegated
to a supplier in Brazil to solve my case.
I received a warranty unit in a few days, and I'm with the old unit, I still don't know if it's recyclable garbage or I need to return it.
Much satisfaction with the company Arizer is serious and efficient, not to mention that they are spectacular units.

Ideas to recover my old one ??
a new resistance maybe, where would you find it?

Thank you friends

OF

Ideas to recover my old one ??
a new resistance maybe, where would you find it?

Thank you friends
Great they were able to take care of you, not easy when it's a hemisphere away. Arizer has a well earned reputation for taking care of us.

I suggest you keep the battery charged in the old unit at about 2/3 full charge. It will slowly discharge over time due to running the electronics awaiting your pleasure. Checking a couple times a year should keep it in working order. The battery is always going to wear out in a unit you're enjoying. Out and out failures are rare. I'm betting a year or two down the road (maybe a bit more?) you'll be looking to swap the tired battery for the relatively fresh on in the original unit. It's an easy job.

Regards to all.

OF

dry

Great they were able to take care of you, not easy when it's a hemisphere away. Arizer has a well earned reputation for taking care of us.

I suggest you keep the battery charged in the old unit at about 2/3 full charge. It will slowly discharge over time due to running the electronics awaiting your pleasure. Checking a couple times a year should keep it in working order. The battery is always going to wear out in a unit you're enjoying. Out and out failures are rare. I'm betting a year or two down the road (maybe a bit more?) you'll be looking to swap the tired battery for the relatively fresh on in the original unit. It's an easy job.

Regards to all.

OF
If it's all loaded is it bad? because I charged the unit before.

dry,

OF

If it's all loaded is it bad? because I charged the unit before.

Well, yes. You don't want it 100% charged (especially where it's warm), which is why they come about 2/3 charged. However, there's not too much you can do to discharge it more quickly than normal standby. Starting it up and letting it default off if you're around might help, but if it were mine I'd just let it be in a cool place until it's about 50% before a short recharge. Good information, although kinda nerdy, available here:

Regards to all.

OF

OF,

Vape Master

Formerly C3PO
As everyone who reads my post knows. I have (deserved) raved about the Solo 2. I was happy with the digital upgrade to the Solo 2. After 10 uses. I get a message either Error 6 or Error 8 and it turns off. I spoke to someone and they said error 6 or error 8 are due to a failure in the circuitry which is not covered. They offered me the base unit for $150 - The entire vape cost me $189.

After this experience I would not purchase the Arizer portable product again. I have Air and the internet is blowing up with the error 6 or 8, and company policy.

I have an Air 2. After what I have read Arizer has gone sour. I would not buy an Arizer Air 1 & 2 or Solo 1 & 2.

Google: Arizer Solo error code

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...hUKEwix3_Ljq_bsAhVtkeAKHdaeC-cQ4dUDCA0&uact=5

service@arizer.com

Peace, Love & Vape

^ ^ ^ The Vape Master ^ ^ ^

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
As everyone who reads my post knows. I have (deserved) raved about the Solo 2. I was happy with the digital upgrade to the Solo 2. After 10 uses. I get a message either Error 6 or Error 8 and it turns off. I spoke to someone and they said error 6 or error 8 are due to a failure in the circuitry which is not covered. They offered me the base unit for $150 - The entire vape cost me $189.

After this experience I would not purchase the Arizer portable product again. I have Air and the internet is blowing up with the error 6 or 8, and company policy.

I have an Air 2. After what I have read Arizer has gone sour. I would not buy an Arizer Air 1 & 2 or Solo 1 & 2.

Google: Arizer Solo error code

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk03h-XCVJvNjiSN91S_tkK9JCO5owg:1604955131401&ei=-6upX_H1F-2iggfWva64Dg&q=arizer+Solo+2+error+codes&oq=arizer+Solo+2+error+codes&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzICCAA6BAgAEEc6BggAEAcQHlCFsAFYwboBYKK-AWgAcAV4AIABUIgBhwKSAQE0mAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesgBCMABAQ&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwix3_Ljq_bsAhVtkeAKHdaeC-cQ4dUDCA0&uact=5

service@arizer.com

Peace, Love & Vape

^ ^ ^ The Vape Master ^ ^ ^
I had an issue with a new Solo that was steadily losing battery life to the extent that the new Solo that was less than a year old was being outperformed by a 3 year old Solo by 50%. The new Solo started out great but wouldn't last one full session at level 7 and often would jump levels on the way down. I was told Arizer wasn't great when it comes to acknowledging the need to repair or replace a unit based on battery life and sure enough they told me the new Solo's performance was within guidelines for a unit less than a year old. Fortunately I had bought the unit from Planet of the Vapes and they replaced it.

I'm a huge Solo fan and have had 4 of them. Two are still kicking ass but I have noticed the newer Solos have slightly less battery life than my older units out of the box.

whateverman

My trusty old original Solo which I love very very much is not charging anymore. I have a couple of questions:

1. Are there any tricks to make it charge again? I replaced the battery but it didn't help, still no charge. plus, there is no charge LED on the charger.

2. Is the Original Solo's charger the same as the Solo 2's charger?

thank you

whateverman,

OF

1. Are there any tricks to make it charge again? I replaced the battery but it didn't help, still no charge. plus, there is no charge LED on the charger.

thank you
Sorry you're having trouble, sounds like the charger has packed in? The Solo II charger is basically the same, 12 Volts, but with higher current capacity (1.5 Amps rather than 1.0). A Solo II charger should do fine on OG Solos but not the other way around. I charge all my Solos on a 12 Volt 3 (or is it five?) Amp line with the appropriate adapter.

Good luck.

OF

whateverman

Sorry you're having trouble, sounds like the charger has packed in? The Solo II charger is basically the same, 12 Volts, but with higher current capacity (1.5 Amps rather than 1.0). A Solo II charger should do fine on OG Solos but not the other way around. I charge all my Solos on a 12 Volt 3 (or is it five?) Amp line with the appropriate adapter.

Good luck.

OF
Thank you for the reply!
I already ordered a Solo II. Can't wait !
Also, I'm cheered that my og solo isnt dead. I love his simple interface - 2 buttons and thats it.

Last edited:

Vape Master

Formerly C3PO
I would say with
My trusty old original Solo which I love very very much is not charging anymore. I have a couple of questions:

thank you
It may be the charger.

StringTheorista

Added some 3mm boro beads from @VGOODIEZ to the short black mouthpiece stem, and it works amazingly well, at least at the lower temps I prefer
C05-F2-C7-B-2-BC2-4715-9369-9163-B8-C0-F74-A.jpg

Last edited:

whateverman

Hey guys, my Solo II is here! Hurray! I did a couple of burn offs and everything was good.

But right now I just placed a loaded stem into the chamber like usual, and the herb got burned!! It had NEVER happened to me with the original solo! I added a picture so u can see. The chamber is also burned now and smells aweful.

Whats going on? Should I talk to arizer?

picture:

Last edited:

His_Highness

Hey guys, my Solo II is here! Hurray! I did a couple of burn offs and everything was good.

But right now I just placed a loaded stem into the chamber like usual, and the herb got burned!! It had NEVER happened to me with the original solo! I added a picture so u can see. The chamber is also burned now and smells aweful.

Whats going on? Should I talk to arizer?

picture:

Did it actually combust? What level? I've had/used both Solo and Solo II - I can get them both to char a load to a charcoal color similar to what you're showing at the highest level but I've never had any combustion.

His_Highness,

Commander Cody

For the past 8 yrs have used original Solos. Since the charger plugged into the bottom, the Solo always charged in a horizontal position. Any other new Solo 2 owners think that “stand up” charging feels wildly unnatural?

whateverman

Did it actually combust? What level? I've had/used both Solo and Solo II - I can get them both to char a load to a charcoal color similar to what you're showing at the highest level but I've never had any combustion.
yes it did. and it charred the chamber deeply. it had never happened to me in years of using the og solo and the argo. in contact with the mothership

His_Highness

yes it did. and it charred the chamber deeply. it had never happened to me in years of using the og solo and the argo. in contact with the mothership
What temp? I see that type of char on every bowl I finish since I use the highest temp/level to finish off a bowl. As long as I don't see grey/white ashes I'm good and I've never seen ashes.

I start a bowl at mid-level temps and temp step up as each temp stops producing until I get to the highest temp. I won't see that type of charring till I get to the highest level but I do expect to see it every time.

Hope it works out for you....

whateverman

@His_Highness the temp doesn't matter, the herb shouldn't combust.

Still no response from Arizer. Its been almost 4 days. Starting to get anxious. The device is defective.

whateverman,
Top Bottom