Arizer Solo II

vapemon

can confirm. One of my grasshopper vapes commited suicide and picked up a solo 2...its now just over 2 years old.. this thing is a tank.
Had the original solo for 3 years(was reliable af) before this solo2 and reliability is unbelievable. Even the battery life is pretty much identical from what I've noticed. Used daily even multiple times and always impresses!

Tinch

Hello everyone, I was a previous PAX 1 owner with a very bad experience with it. To make a long story short, the more I used it, the more it broke down, until a couple of months ago it stopped heating all of a sudden. So, I started my search for a new vape, and after watching many reviews I chose the IQ 2, for my surprise, reading all the defective units made me run away from thar purchase. I live in Argentina and I cant afford getting a defective unit, cause it would be almost impossible for me to send it back for repair or replacement.

After searching again and watching many reviews, I finally bought a Solo 2, however, Im felling anxious and afraid of suffering my PAX og story all over again. Are this units reliable? I wanted to buy a vape that wont break, I just need it to work fine for a few years. Im searching for a simple good vaping experience. What do you think of this? Is the Solo 2 a reliable unit? Hope your answers take my anxiety away.

PD: sory for my bad english, is not my native language.

vapemon

Hello everyone, I was a previous PAX 1 owner with a very bad experience with it. To make a long story short, the more I used it, the more it broke down, until a couple of months ago it stopped heating all of a sudden. So, I started my search for a new vape, and after watching many reviews I chose the IQ 2, for my surprise, reading all the defective units made me run away from thar purchase. I live in Argentina and I cant afford getting a defective unit, cause it would be almost impossible for me to send it back for repair or replacement.

After searching again and watching many reviews, I finally bought a Solo 2, however, Im felling anxious and afraid of suffering my PAX og story all over again. Are this units reliable? I wanted to buy a vape that wont break, I just need it to work fine for a few years. Im searching for a simple good vaping experience. What do you think of this? Is the Solo 2 a reliable unit? Hope your answers take my anxiety away.

PD: sory for my bad english, is not my native language.
The solo2 is probably one of the best vapes. Very very reliable!

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Welcome @Tinch! Mucho gusto! The Solo II I have has served me well. I still have and use 2 Solos, and the Solo II is an improvement. There are many fine vaporizers out there, and the Solo II is one of them. Arizer seems to keep quality important.

Another Arizer product, The Argo, is 18650 battery operated. If you have a couple extra charged batteries, there is virtually no "downtime".

Tinch

Thank you for your replies, I already bought two units (one for a friend) from puff it up, and Im wating shipping right now! I think it will take a couple of weeks to get to my country. I also bought a short black stem for when I need it to look more stealthy, I watched a photo and thought it brought less attention than inhaling from a long glass tube. Ok, glad to hear they build reliable units. I cant wait to have a good vaping experience. I love weed but I had to quit smoking due to throat problems. Now Im on a t-break waiting for my solo to arrive.

Cheers all! And thank you so much.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
This thread is now re-opened and has been merged with content from NewFC (if applicable). Read more about it here.

Stu,

mcisk

Please help this 70 year old out. After 7 years my Haze finally expired. I just received my Solo II and am looking for advice. While I realize experiences are subjective I ask the following:
Best temperature?
Taking 5 hits /night how long will a bowl last?
Any other guidance is appreciated.

mcisk,
Reactions: OF

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
The best way is try all ways and decide. Personally, I prefer to do a session with a fresh bowl at 365 F. I like to savor the flavor. Then I up the temperature to 395 or so, and do another session with the same material. It can be later in the day, or right after.

I don't know how many hits in a bowl. That is dependent on many things: dryness of cannabis, amount of THC to vaporize, etc. To stop heating a partially vaped bowel, I invert and lift Solo II off stem.

Last edited:

OF

Best temperature?

I'm a fan of 390F, adjust to suit?

The 'hits per bowl' question is mighty subjective. Try it an see? Two suggestions I can offer is the remember this is a conduction vape, so when you take the last hit of the evening, pull the stem and draw cold air through it to 'freeze' things for next time.

Secondly, smaller loads might mean you can finish each in a single session (what I do). If you put one of these screens in 'dome up' you cut the load in half roughly:

This means you can always start with a fresh load, something you surely deserve.

Another advantage is the mesh has larger area open than the plate in the stem, so it doesn't foul as fast. When it does foul, hold it with tweezers or similar and use a small torch lighter to heat it until it glows (SS is tough). When it cools (seconds) brush or blow the ash off and reload it. Or just put a fresh one in?

Best wishes.

OF

VapeWell

Please help this 70 year old out. After 7 years my Haze finally expired. I just received my Solo II and am looking for advice. While I realize experiences are subjective I ask the following:
Best temperature?
Welcome to the fraternity of Solo II! As previous mentioned, it may serve you well to experiment with different amounts in the stem and different temperatures. You will extract different amounts of vapor depending on how hard you draw. Nice and slow draws work for me. Stop hitting when you've achieved the desired effects.

I typically pack about a third of a bowl (tamping it down gently with my pinky), start at 360F and step my way up in 10F increments to 390/400F over the course of a six minute session. By raising the temperature, I feel I get the full suite of "goodness" out of my herb. At the end of the six minute session, the herb is medium/dark brown and ready for use in an edible.

Enjoy your experience with the Solo II. FC is a great resource for tips and answers to questions.

Stay well.
VapeWell

OF

Thanks for all the above responses. I did my first session last night and incorporated your suggestions.

And you're able to compose a coherent post this early in the morning? You obviously missed something, best to go back and try again.......

Enjoy your Solo, it's a great one for sure. No right or wrong way to use it, it's quite versatile. Experiment around a bit, follow the results you like?

OF

Bigpoppafudge420

Hello solo 2 brothers and sisters. I recieved the Sneakypete Ultradry stem for my solo 2 this week.

For those who havent seen it : https://vapenorth.ca/collections/ar...s/arizer-ultradry-stem?variant=32296031092814

basically its a 3D flow stem with a carb. This stem has quickly become my favorite (and only) stem for the solo 2, its a joy to use. We all know that perfect thick milkshake pull that the solo 2 has on most stems. This stem allows you to experience that by blocking the carb. With the carb uncovered though? hold onto your hats and get ready to cough. This stem has had me ripping huge clouds from my solo 2....which I can say I don't think I've matched with any stem (even with different grinds). For me I like to fast feather the carb and do some short mouth-to-lung draws with one large exhale which also comes out super cool. Just a killer experience, totally changed how I use my solo.

Anyone else tried something similar? I'm a stem whore and I like to try them all hahaha.

Bigpoppafudge420,
Reactions: gxk and arb

vctr

Best temperature?

I use higher temps than most, it seems. Depends on the stem and load, but lately I've just left it at 205c/400f. I finish a full bowl in 5-10 hits. You can fill a tiny ammount in the bowl and it works fine. I've done plenty of 0.025g bowls using the suplied screens... no need to fill the bowl.

MLBxxMLB

I’m trying to find some of the original Fury 2 dosing capsules that are mesh. These are OOS everywhere I check.
fury-2-capsules1-white_orig.jpg

Not the newer version that is a solid canister and not mesh. https://www.healthyrips.com/store/p86/FURY_2_Dosing_Capsules.html

I can’t find these in stock anywhere, so I’m hoping someone here has a recommendation. I know a lot of these types of products are made in China so maybe these same or similar capsules are being sold under a different name or something?

I know the newer solid capsules do fit, but they are smaller than the bowl on the stem so air goes around. Also they stick out of the stem a bit and are loose.

MLBxxMLB,

Tranquility

I'm just here to write, I love this vape.

Sure, there's a lot of techniques you can use to make it better and there are technical arguments about if or that choice by the manufacturer works. But, this is a low maintenance work-horse that can be a daily driver for most anyone's needs.

Think of it like a cannabis "beer". It's a portable, but I don't use it to take it to inaccessible places. I'll fill the stem, heat it up and go out back and water the plants all while sipping at the stem.

Huge clouds, small clouds or whatever, you can get a good extraction out of your flower and not spend a ton of time cleaning afterwards. At worst, if you were really particular, you just drop the stem into some ISO when done and rinse it before using again.

If I were to change it at all, I might like a little clock/timer that ticks down to shut-off on the face. Especially if you step the vape when using, it's nice to know where you are in time to kick up the heat or to stir if you really want the clouds.

Skinku

Putting a slightly domed screen on the airlholes was a game changer for me, I hope that makes sense.
It opened up the airflow allowing a denser pack and cleaner stem.
Thanks FC for the tip.
I think I now can love it.

OF

I'm just here to write, I love this vape.

Hey! We came here to read! How lucky is that? Write on, you make great sense. Evidently born of well earned experience. Or should that be 'Right on'? Or both?

And I feel safe saying that those of us on this and the OG Solo threads are definitely on the 'love this vape' side. If you want to find nay sayers (who never owned one?), try one of the lesser forums?

Regards to all.

OF

MLBxxMLB

Putting a slightly domed screen on the airlholes was a game changer for me, I hope that makes sense.
It opened up the airflow allowing a denser pack and cleaner stem.
Thanks FC for the tip.
I think I now can love it.

What screens did you buy?

MLBxxMLB,
Top Bottom