Arizer Solo II

happynomoretobacco

You have already received some great advice but I will chime in.

Yes, you want to make sure that your herb is packed well enough so that it cannot move or fly around in the stem while you draw. But not too packed to restrict airflow. Again, I simply stuff cotton into the stem first to reduce the bowl size then fill in the rest with herb. This has worked perfectly for me every time. My ABV is always a dark brown. But some prefer a dome screen...I tried it but found it a bit finicky. That is just me.

Enjoy your experimentation!
I tried the cotton thing. It was very close to combustion at 220c but nice clouds. so i will try with lower temps... I dont like the mess when cleaning the stem.the ABV sticks to the cotton. Is the cotton one time use only?

happynomoretobacco,

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I tried the cotton thing. It was very close to combustion at 220c but nice clouds. so i will try with lower temps... I dont like the mess when cleaning the stem.the ABV sticks to the cotton. Is the cotton one time use only?
Your cotton will not combust at 220C. You can, however, combust if you pack it in too tightly with the herb. I did that only once. But I only use my Solo II at 220C and use cotton in the bowl every time.

Good luck!

And yes, @OF, I occasionally take it from Q-Tips and vitamin bottles too. lol ...or one of my lady friend's make-up removal pads. Whatever works. :)

OF

And yes, @OF, I occasionally take it from Q-Tips and vitamin bottles too. lol ...or one of my lady friend's make-up removal pads. Whatever works. :)

Ah, hanging out with 'painted ladies' again, are we? As you say, all's fair and any port in a storm kinda stuff.

And, of course your secret is safe here. Not only are you among friends, but you didn't give your real name when you came to town. Once again 'cowboy logic' protects.......

Be a little bit careful with the pads. I checked some out and found polyester is sometimes used (in small amounts, it's expensive...) to make the pads stronger? It was on the labels of two I looked at and should have been on a third brand (one of the two I bought.....). That pad didn't 'look right' under like 10X inspection, and a flame test with my little torch confirmed some of the fibers didn't burn like cotton. Given the intended use I can understand this I think.

To be honest, the nipping the ends off Q-tips is @Vitolo's fault. He's the first guy I heard suggesting it at least. A suggestion that's saved the day for me several times, including once visiting friends when the torch unexpectedly ran out of gas and killed the nail action.

Regards to all.

OF

happynomoretobacco

Your cotton will not combust at 220C. You can, however, combust if you pack it in too tightly with the herb. I did that only once. But I only use my Solo II at 220C and use cotton in the bowl every time.

Good luck!

i still dont "like" this cottonthing - maybe the look....
but it works good specally with very small loads...
thx for your advice guys!!

happynomoretobacco,
Reactions: WildChild

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Ah, hanging out with 'painted ladies' again, are we? As you say, all's fair and any port in a storm kinda stuff.

And, of course your secret is safe here. Not only are you among friends, but you didn't give your real name when you came to town. Once again 'cowboy logic' protects.......

Be a little bit careful with the pads. I checked some out and found polyester is sometimes used (in small amounts, it's expensive...) to make the pads stronger? It was on the labels of two I looked at and should have been on a third brand (one of the two I bought.....). That pad didn't 'look right' under like 10X inspection, and a flame test with my little torch confirmed some of the fibers didn't burn like cotton. Given the intended use I can understand this I think.

To be honest, the nipping the ends off Q-tips is @Vitolo's fault. He's the first guy I heard suggesting it at least. A suggestion that's saved the day for me several times, including once visiting friends when the torch unexpectedly ran out of gas and killed the nail action.

Regards to all.

OF
Ah, she is a natural beauty, @OF, and uses very little paint. :clap:

I will definitely check out the composition of those cotton pads, thank you. I'm somewhat quarantined in an Ecuadorian jungle town called Tena at the moment. Very limited choice of products on the shelves so I am uncertain if I could find pure and/or organic cotton. But I did bring plenty of Q-Tips. If I attempt to raid any of her other cotton products (too many jokes here) I'll most likely lose a hand. Latina temper and all! Heh, heh.

@happynomoretobacco, don't worry about 'the look'. It's not a fashion show, it's about enjoying your vapor. Cotton is a great way to control your load size on the Solo II. Have fun!

happynomoretobacco

Ah, she is a natural beauty, @OF, and uses very little paint. :clap:

I will definitely check out the composition of those cotton pads, thank you. I'm somewhat quarantined in an Ecuadorian jungle town called Tena at the moment. Very limited choice of products on the shelves so I am uncertain if I could find pure and/or organic cotton. But I did bring plenty of Q-Tips. If I attempt to raid any of her other cotton products (too many jokes here) I'll most likely lose a hand. Latina temper and all! Heh, heh.

@happynomoretobacco, don't worry about 'the look'. It's not a fashion show, it's about enjoying your vapor. Cotton is a great way to control your load size on the Solo II. Have fun!
be careful - watch your hands!!! :rofl:

happynomoretobacco,

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
be careful - watch your hands!!! :rofl:
Will do. As well as my other appendages. She is only 110 lbs but mighty! To be honest, she is about the sweetest person I ever met. She would have to be to put up with me.

Enjoy your new vaporizer, my friend. It's a really good one and a smart purchase as far as I'm concerned. Very dependable and very effective. Great choice.

Happiness and safety to all during these challenging times.

happynomoretobacco

Will do. As well as my other appendages. She is only 110 lbs but mighty! To be honest, she is about the sweetest person I ever met. She would have to be to put up with me.

Enjoy your new vaporizer, my friend. It's a really good one and a smart purchase as far as I'm concerned. Very dependable and very effective. Great choice.

Happiness and safety to all during these challenging times.
enjoy the time with your "cotton"lady and the jungle - it might be a good place in times like this...
so now after some days of trying ( it was a really really hard job :rockon:) - yes man the solo2 is a very good device - i decided whats the one and only right way to use it: sometimes pure....sometimes with the glass spacer......sometimes with the screen(s).....and sometimes specially for the miniloads the cotton....and maybe soon in the future i will try the wpa :science: and sometimes...?????
its a hard life to be a vaper - so many to learn :rofl:

slabtime

Hey Everyone,

So a pretty serious question on my end - Was using my Solo 2 yesterday and after a session I (stupidly) used a plastic toothpick to remove some ABV from the oven. The tip of the plastic toothpick instantly melted and a tiny bit dripped and stuck to the floor of my oven.

I've run quite a few empty burn sessions and have used a metal pick to try and scrape any melted plastic remains.

Does anyone have an opinion on if my Solo 2 is still safe to use after this has happened?

OF

Does anyone have an opinion on if my Solo 2 is still safe to use after this has happened?

Safety is a relative term. Life is dangerous, in the end fatal...... That said, the choices are yours.

A couple of things you might try. First put it in the freezer for a bit. This should make the residual more brittle (easier to flake off) and looser since the metal will contract faster than the plastic with the cold.

Secondly try 'Magic Eraser' on the deposit. Even 0000 steel wool. Be careful of getting debris down the vents. I've plugged the vents with wooden toothpick ends and 'worked around them' in similar cases. Either should completely remove it with some effort.

If it were mine, having removed as much as possible, and then 'burned off' at temperatures higher than I would use, I'd probably use it again?

Oh, yeah, welcome to the Forum. Sorry it has to be under these conditions, of course, but I hope you hang around? Lots of good folks here. Watch out for @ataxian, he breaks glass......

OF

slabtime

If it were mine, having removed as much as possible, and then 'burned off' at temperatures higher than I would use, I'd probably use it again?

Oh, yeah, welcome to the Forum. Sorry it has to be under these conditions, of course, but I hope you hang around? Lots of good folks here. Watch out for @ataxian, he breaks glass......

OF

Hey OF,

Thanks for the quick reply that was great to see. The actual debris seems to be removed, however, the side of the oven is almost "stained" where the melted plastic smeared as i was attempting to scrape it out of the oven after an empty burn sesh.

I do have an odd smell, which actually seems to have started the morning before the plastic melted in the oven. The metallic/odd smell still remains when the oven is heating up/post session....

Just some more observations I've had this week.

Any thoughts on the above @OF?

slabtime,
Reactions: OF

Flambeau

Do I take the plunge yet again?

Having bought my Solo II back 2018, it developed an error within 4 months. Arizer were excellent and replaced the item, but I didn't use the replacement much at all - maybe a max of 4 battery cycles over the course of the year.

Sadly, it won't charge or fire up at all now after dying mid-use. Arizer were good enough to send out a replacement charger, but to no avail.

It seems like my only two options are to send my item away for repair, or to purchase a new unit at discount. I have no idea what Arizer charge for repair, or what the fault even is, but I'm also unsure about purchasing another unit given my history with it.

Does anyone have any experience of Arizer's repair service?

Flambeau,

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Just got the dreaded 'Error 5' code and automatic shutoff a couple of days ago. Ugh! No fix for that other than starting an RMA and sending it in. The only problem is that I am under lock down in Ecuador with no foreseeable flights back to Canada. And I certainly can't risk sending it from here. It would never make it back.

So bummed. Such a great vaporizer and I'm stuck with a brick until the world regains sanity and order.

I wish you all happiness, health and safety during these challenging times. Mine just got a bit more challenging as I'll never go back to burning weed and there ain't no head shops in this tiny jungle town!

Just might have to consider hitting up the local Shaman for some Ayahuasca. Or not...

happynomoretobacco

Just got the dreaded 'Error 5' code and automatic shutoff a couple of days ago. Ugh! No fix for that other than starting an RMA and sending it in. The only problem is that I am under lock down in Ecuador with no foreseeable flights back to Canada. And I certainly can't risk sending it from here. It would never make it back.

So bummed. Such a great vaporizer and I'm stuck with a brick until the world regains sanity and order.

I wish you all happiness, health and safety during these challenging times. Mine just got a bit more challenging as I'll never go back to burning weed and there ain't no head shops in this tiny jungle town!

Just might have to consider hitting up the local Shaman for some Ayahuasca. Or not...
feel sorry for you wildchild!
maybe you ask here on FC how to DIY a kind of vape from things which are around you.
or you making you butter from your weed and edibles

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
feel sorry for you wildchild!
maybe you ask here on FC how to DIY a kind of vape from things which are around you.
or you making you butter from your weed and edibles
Ha! I like the way you think. I was actually looking into some sort of homemade setup. But if I have to abstain for a period of time, so be it. Probably good to detox for a while.

@C3PO Yes, I totally agree. Great unit and very reliable for most. I have the original Solo (needs new battery) and the Extreme Q as well. Arizer products have been good to me.

WildChild,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Turns out my 'Error 5' that prevents the heater from working and shuts down my Solo II is not covered under the lifetime heater warranty. Not too shocked at this news but am still a bit disappointed. The unit I have now was replaced two years ago when I had another error code.

They said I could send it in at my own expense for examination but that I was not covered under the warranty. They also offered to sell me a refurb for a reduced price but I don't want a previously broken unit back.

Maybe I am being petty but don't feel this is stellar service. Again, this is the second unit that had an error code and I take care of my electronics very well. Aside from a bit of discoloration in the oven, my unit looks brand new. I keep it in a Pelican case 24/7.

OK, I'm done whining for now. :) Thanks for reading and I hope none of you have any issues with your Solo II. It's a great vaporizer when it's working properly.

Stay safe.

Oops. Sorry for the double post, Mods.

Top Bottom